Author Topic: Mechwarrior 2nd edition  (Read 1669 times)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
Mechwarrior 2nd edition
« on: 23 December 2017, 10:19:34 »
So I was thinking of running a mechwarrior campaign
I'm going to run it in 2nd edition because all my players hate 3rd and ATOW
was wondering if there are any conversions for the non-2nd schools/equipment (Field manuals The Federated Suns, Capellan Confederation, and Lyran Alliance)
I remember there being a conversion document but I don't seem to have it in my files wondering if anyone could help.
« Last Edit: 23 December 2017, 10:31:05 by victor_shaw »

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Mechwarrior 2nd edition
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2017, 12:13:59 »
I know there was a second edition to ATOW conversion but no official conversion the other way.

of course you could always "reverse" the conversion.  I think the conversion is either in atow, or the companion

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 23 December 2017, 12:19:16 »
Was not talking about a official conversion.
The first few field manuals had schools in MW2 format, but the last few listed were in 3rd format
was looking to see if anyone had converted the 3rd book info to 2nd.
The only thing the second edition to ATOW conversion is characters that already exists.

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2018, 08:34:00 »
The one time I tried it, I just did an 'ad hoc' conversion as required.  Compare to an existing school and tweak the flavour.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2018, 20:10:56 »
The way I work around that problem is offering to do all the math for the players.  Basically, ask them what they want, and work my spreadsheet to get that plus whatever I think they should have with the points they haven't spent.