Author Topic: Heroscape Structures project [Pic heavy] (10/4 update #21 completed)  (Read 3469 times)

john blackwell

• Lieutenant
  • putting on a happy face
I have been collecting various odds and ends for eventual structures include in a game board.  Life as well as other BT projects has slowed down these transformations, but I think it's time to get started.  This thread will also be a great place to update progress of individual structures as I complete them.

I dug around the bits and baggies of stuff by the tools for stuff too.  It's amazing what you can find when you start thinking in 300-scale:

#1 - Apple sauce packet for toddlers

#2 & #3 - Holds spliced wires together (sorry, can't think of the name   :P)

#4 - Screw hole filler for a cabinet                                              see item #21

#5 - Cabinet door cushions                                                        see item #21

#6 - Round thumbtack                                                             becomes a 30-meter radar tower

#7 & #8 - Wall anchors                                                                 #7 dropped

#9 - Extra washers for cargo box

#10 - Book shelf peg

#11, #12, & #13 - Bottle caps

#14 - Anti-perspirant cap

#15 - Toddlers medicine bottle plug

#16 - Container brace from cosmetic bottle

#17 - Demoisterizing bit from electronics purchase                     see #6

#18 - Toddlers fruity-smoothie top

#19 - Screw cover

#20 - baby food container                                                         #20 dropped

#21 - baby food container                                                          add styrene blast doors for a 1-lance hangar

#22 - Ladies razor cover

#23 - Gum container

This is going to take a bit.  Should be very worth while.

Happy hunting!
JB
« Last Edit: 04 October 2012, 21:12:32 by john blackwell »
One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off
Pro pacis par vox excellens

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: New Heroscape Structures project [Pic heavy]
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2012, 22:36:33 »
looking forward to seeing what you come up with  O0
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

john blackwell

• Lieutenant
Re: Heroscape Structures project [Pic heavy] (9/29 update #4, 5 & #21)
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2012, 17:49:03 »
I decided against using the round baby food containers or the grey wall anchors.

All other structures are primed.  Now it's time to cut styrene bases and lay out the structures.  I'm thinking of painting the area between the hanger doors black.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

JB

Remove

• Master Sergeant
Re: Heroscape Structures project [Pic heavy] (9/29 update #4, 5 & #21)
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2012, 23:50:08 »
I tend to gather things daily and throw them all in a box together. Every so often I empty that box and prime everything with white, grey or black. It seems to help in the design process as it helps you see past what they were and to what they could be.  Just throw all the stuff on a table and start seeing what look like stuff from whatever universe you are building for. O0

john blackwell

• Lieutenant
The first of the structures is done.  It's not pretty by many of the standards here, but I'm happy with it.  There are 5 more hangers left.

JB

jasper_ward

• Corporal
  • The Wolf Pack Expands
Thanks for giving me ideas :-) I've got 2 kids eating out of those baby food containers... gonna totally use your idea, maybe mod a few as command centers, and other types of buildings

Register