Author Topic: Bred for War cover opinions  (Read 4042 times)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Bred for War cover opinions
« on: 25 November 2015, 11:03:51 »
If you guys were to suggest new art for Bred for War - what would you have on the cover?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Bred for War cover opinions
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2015, 16:14:30 »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2016, 00:19:56 »
A couple of choices.  The nurse (Jenkins) fighting the cappie spies; a wolf mech vs a jade falcon mech is also good.
some sort of pic of Natasha facing down the whole JF force at the gap (not her final fight) or the kell hounds versus the wolves on morges.

I just re-read the book this last weekend, and I was trying to keep an eye on ideas. :)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2016, 23:17:03 »
A couple of choices.  The nurse (Jenkins) fighting the cappie spies; a wolf mech vs a jade falcon mech is also good.
some sort of pic of Natasha facing down the whole JF force at the gap (not her final fight) or the kell hounds versus the wolves on morges.

I assume you mean Kell Hounds versus the Jade Falcons? Personally, I would stay away from showing the Kell Hounds on the cover as this would be somewhat spoilerish. Morgan Kell getting involved was a bit of a 'whoa!' moment in the novel.

What do you suppose the title 'Bred for War' was specifically referencing?

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2016, 03:54:39 »
Isn't there a quote from Vlad to Ulric along the lines of "we were bred for war" as he complains that the 15 year truce is contrary to everything the Clan culture is based on, etc?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2016, 15:12:18 »
Isn't there a quote from Vlad to Ulric along the lines of "we were bred for war" as he complains that the 15 year truce is contrary to everything the Clan culture is based on, etc?

Skimming through, the phrase appears a few times - and every instance I found is of a Clanner referring to themselves. So it would probably make most sense if new art was Clan-themed ...

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2016, 07:25:04 »
Skimming through, the phrase appears a few times - and every instance I found is of a Clanner referring to themselves. So it would probably make most sense if new art was Clan-themed ...

Maybe Ulric getting glasses on Wotan then? Hundreds of LRMs speeding down at his lone mech, surrounded by the ruined cityscape

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2016, 05:40:59 »
Anything that isn't the original cover is an improvement
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2016, 17:24:02 »
What? You never partially tore your shirt off to expose killer abs while clutching your national flag and firing your SMG in the air? All the while, looking to the sky and yelling "aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!" ?