Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 18837 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: New Development Release 0.43.4 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 07 October 2017, 17:06:47 »
gimme a couple minutes, I'll have to reinstall from the archive.

I also need to know what version of Megamek you're using. When I load your units in the current release I don't see any issues. But the screenshot you posted doesn't have the Tech progression listing or the Tech Rating showing.

« Last Edit: 07 October 2017, 17:09:07 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 07 October 2017, 17:16:49 »
Just noticed we are on page 2

What version of Megamek are you using?

0.43.3-mac

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #32 on: 07 October 2017, 17:24:06 »
Just noticed we are on page 2

0.43.3-mac
Looks like you're building units in 0.43.4 version of MegaMekLab, and trying to load them in your 0.43.3 Mac version. With the launch of 0.43.4 there is no longer a backwards compatibility between versions.  Their have been just too many changes when we implemented Int. Ops tech progression.

You'll need to download the new versions in the first post of this thread and try again.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 07 October 2017, 18:07:25 »
Looks like you're building units in 0.43.4 version of MegaMekLab, and trying to load them in your 0.43.3 Mac version. With the launch of 0.43.4 there is no longer a backwards compatibility between versions.  Their have been just too many changes when we implemented Int. Ops tech progression.

You'll need to download the new versions in the first post of this thread and try again.

10-4, that's got it.
Thanks

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 07 October 2017, 23:28:43 »
I've opened a bug report here - https://github.com/MegaMek/mekhq/issues/490

This was triggered when trying to find potential enemies for pirate hunting and riot duty contracts for pirate factions. As near as I can tell, the bug has been there since the beginning but was not triggered because pirate-controlled planets were too distant from the campaign location to be considered. This changed with updated data that gives pirates control of Acamar from 3058-3061.

I fixed the code to prevent the NPE. Workaround for now is to set the campaign in a different time or use a planets.xml file from a previous version.

So it is a bug and not something I did by overwriting the files in MekHQ with the files from Megameklab and Megamek. Noticed Acamar too, before I closed it out, with its nice reddish color it sticks out from the rest of the Chaos March. Will probably see if I can modify the planets.xml to a different faction for those years. If not I will use the planets.xml from my 0.43.2 install.

That did it. Changed the 2 entries from PIR to IND for now. Loaded right up. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2017, 23:36:58 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 08 October 2017, 15:29:23 »
I'm still trying to get a feel for the infantry and BA combat so I just did a huge bashup w 10 BA and 10 infantry platoons per side.

I noticed something funny in the burst weapon damage resolution vs normal infantry
It says damage reduced, but then it increases it, and it does that multiple times per damage event.

sample screen shots attached.
0.43.4-mac

eta- attachments deleted since issue was addressed
« Last Edit: 08 October 2017, 18:32:03 by Andras »

silverback

• Corporal
« Reply #36 on: 08 October 2017, 17:44:22 »
Known problem.  Read "reduced" as "changed".  Will be fixed when convenient.

robert

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #37 on: 08 October 2017, 18:21:33 »
I'm still trying to get a feel for the infantry and BA combat so I just did a huge bashup w 10 BA and 10 infantry platoons per side.

I noticed something funny in the burst weapon damage resolution vs normal infantry
It says damage reduced, but then it increases it, and it does that multiple times per damage event.

sample screen shots attached.
0.43.4-mac

Known problem.  Read "reduced" as "changed".  Will be fixed when convenient.

robert

Thanks, I *think* I've found and replaced the wording issue as Silverback suggested.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #38 on: 09 October 2017, 07:50:45 »
Using MegaMekLab 0.43.4  Building a new (well old) mech as a test.

Couple of questions.

1) IS there a field I'm missing to add introduction/extinct dates?  I know I can hand key it, but want to make sure I'm not missing something. 
2) How do you make a design available to specific factions (plural) I want it available to the SLDF and the Federated Suns for example.
    2a) I didn't see Terran Hegemony/SLDF listed as factions are there plans to add those?
    2b) Can I add factions?  Empires Aflame or other AUs come to mind.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #39 on: 09 October 2017, 11:04:00 »
1) IS there a field I'm missing to add introduction/extinct dates?  I know I can hand key it, but want to make sure I'm not missing something. 
Extinction dates are based off the equipment the mech is built with.  Introduction dates of the whole unit can be entered on the first tab.

2) How do you make a design available to specific factions (plural) I want it available to the SLDF and the Federated Suns for example.
    2a) I didn't see Terran Hegemony/SLDF listed as factions are there plans to add those?

Factions are hard coded at this time.  In MML you need to go into the File-Configuration-Tech Progression and set the game year, otherwise the factions default to whats available in 3145 the default year in MML.

Assigning a mech to a specific faction is beyond the scope of MML. But with factions enable some production equipment is filtered.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #40 on: 09 October 2017, 11:35:00 »
<snip lots of helpful information>

Thank you for the quick replies!
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 09 October 2017, 11:37:47 »
MekHQ Windows package seems to be broken for me. Downloaded it twice now. MekHQ runs, but running MegaMek.exe gives a Java exception, and MegaMekLab.exe does nothing. Clean install, always extract to a new folder for each new version.

Downloaded both of those individually then overwrote the files in MekHQ, first with all of the MegaMekLab files, and then with MegaMek. Seems everything is working now.  ???

Having exact same problem... Windows MHQ download.

Same fix as well
« Last Edit: 09 October 2017, 12:10:59 by scJazz »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #42 on: 09 October 2017, 12:32:51 »

Same fix as well

I've opened a bug report, but when I built the releases and downloaded the MekHQ 0.43.4 Windows release they ran fine. Just redownloaded and extracted to a separate directory and no issues running via the exe.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #43 on: 09 October 2017, 15:26:03 »

Same fix as well

Same problem for me as well.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #44 on: 11 October 2017, 10:50:00 »

The faction has nothing to do with availability of the unit to a faction. It's availability of tech to the faction that is building the unit.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 11 October 2017, 17:25:30 »
I'm playing around with the infantry portion of MML, and when I click the anti-mek training check box, it doesn't effect cost or BV, only tons (i.e.: goes from 3.0 to 2.25 tons) Isn't anti-mek like a 5x cost multiplier or something?
« Last Edit: 11 October 2017, 17:57:19 by Andras »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #46 on: 11 October 2017, 17:55:40 »
The costs for infantry remain as the standard cost of a non AM platoon/squad, this is because HQ (outside of AtB rules) are based on hiring the personnel directly rather than getting them when purchasing the unit itself.

The weight change is from a previous errata where anti-mech gear was separated out of the normal weight. That it went from 3.0 to 2.something might be a bug. This is questionable though as per TW a normal foot platoon is listed as 3 tons rather than its actual TM weight which would be .085 tons per trooper (or 2.38 w/o AM gear)

To reflect the equipping of a conventional infantry unit for Anti-’Mech attacks during platoon construction, add 15 kilograms (0.015 tons) to the base weight of each trooper in the unit, to account for the unit’s Anti-’Mech Infantry kits. This kit includes the necessary climbing gear and a satchel charge; with it, the unit can possess a better Anti-’Mech Skill Rating than 8 in game play. Without it, the unit receives a fixed Anti-’Mech Skill Rating of 8 during construction (see p. 314 to alter a unit’s Anti-’Mech Skill Rating).

When you look at the most recent construction rules infantry will weigh .085 tons (Base) + .015 tons (AM gear).

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: 11 October 2017, 18:24:32 »
Thanks for the quick reply, There's about a 25-33% increase in infantry weight for the anti-mek versions.

« Last Edit: 11 October 2017, 18:26:58 by Andras »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #48 on: 11 October 2017, 19:05:42 »
Thanks for the quick reply, There's about a 25-33% increase in infantry weight for the anti-mek versions.

I'm looking into the weight calculations and it appears their is a calculation error around AM training. I've found one part of the error.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 11 October 2017, 23:20:59 »
I accidentally deleted a couple other comments on MML earlier:

1) If you delete BattleArmor RocketLaunchers, they leave one shot of ammo in the assign criticals/unallocated equipment pane, but you can only delete that by assigning it to a slot, and then right clicking on it to delete it.

2) BA IS LMGs have (Clan) descriptors when copied to text export.
Like so:

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
Machine Gun (Light) (Clan)     Squad     0

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #50 on: 12 October 2017, 10:50:05 »

Looks like we were double adding the Anti-Mek equipment and had a rounding error. 

So a Heavy APC can carry a couple of platoons of most infantry again.  Those older units I suspect were never designed so that the stats truly match the fluff

I accidentally deleted a couple other comments on MML earlier:

1) If you delete BattleArmor RocketLaunchers, they leave one shot of ammo in the assign criticals/unallocated equipment pane, but you can only delete that by assigning it to a slot, and then right clicking on it to delete it.

2) BA IS LMGs have (Clan) descriptors when copied to text export.
Like so:

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
Machine Gun (Light) (Clan)     Squad     0

I'll look into these.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: 13 October 2017, 07:18:06 »
Is there a way to make missile packs detachable in MML for BA?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #52 on: 13 October 2017, 08:36:36 »
Is there a way to make missile packs detachable in MML for BA?

Megamek takes a bit of a lazy way out. If you add missile weapons they are assumed be using a DMP.

That said I think we don't add the 10 kg in however, but I'd have to double check.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: 13 October 2017, 09:04:04 »
MML: I suggest adding checking to see if there are BA manipulators on a Quad to the validation. I was using that as a work around to hold an AP weapon in Armored Gloves since I couldn't get APWMs to install on IS quads.

I have to go with Mixed IS Advanced to get an APWM, and then the file reverts to Clan tech base if you reopen it later.

« Last Edit: 20 October 2017, 21:11:53 by Andras »

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: 17 October 2017, 18:13:05 »
Something else I noticed. The BA Tube Artillery ammo count per slot goes 2,4,6,8. But if you have more then 4 rounds in the slot it gives you a validation error and tells you it may not save correctly.

imperator

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #55 on: 18 October 2017, 21:46:20 »
MegaMech is not activating. All I get is an exception has occurred when  I click exe or Jar. I was running Java 8, then I went back java 7 and it keeps happening. HQ is fine but lab doesn’t do anything. I’ve done 2 clean HQs installs, then I overwrote Lab,
followed by MM over write. Still the same exception pop up. I’m Running Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Razor Blade Pro lap top. Thanks in advance!!

I reinstalled HQ, then overwrote.  Now works.  No clue.  It works now.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 00:34:47 by imperator »
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 19 October 2017, 10:20:39 »
Known issue, not sure if the devs have solved it yet though.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #57 on: 19 October 2017, 15:31:49 »
Thanks for making this. I'm keeping tabs on things.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

txsoldier94

• Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 19 October 2017, 17:49:03 »
I had the Java exception error...but it went away...not sure why...*shrug*

On another note, the date on the top of the page does not change when I click <Advance Day> but the new day is tacked onto the bottom of the Daily Log (A really nice feature, btw!)

And since I have not said it enough:

Y'all are doing an excellent job with this!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 22 October 2017, 11:28:16 »
If the day is not advancing check the error log as there is probably a NPE listed there. That is usually the only time the date doesn't advance. If you still have the log post it or post it if you run across this issue again.

Register