Author Topic: Unit/Scheme of the Month - Forest & Jungle Camo  (Read 3212 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Unit/Scheme of the Month - Forest & Jungle Camo
« on: 04 February 2018, 12:13:01 »
Here's the inaugural edition of the Unit/Scheme of the Month.  Thanks to everyone who sent in suggestions.  We're starting of easy with forest and jungle style camouflage.  This can also include alpine forest schemes as well.  Many possibilities and styles out there I'm sure, so please share.  Mechs, vehicles, aerospace, whatever you may have, and the more the merrier.  8)

CamoSpecs has some examples:
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit/Details/790/forest
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit/Details/791/jungle
http://www.camospecs.com/Unit/Details/784/alpine

I've got one lance I'm currently working on that will be in forest camo, but they're still a week or more out before completion.  I'll post them once they're finished.

Next month we'll head into the Periphery for groups A through M (including pirate bands).

Looking forward to what folks have to share.  Thanks again everyone and enjoy!  O0
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Luciora

• Major
Re: Unit/Scheme of the Month - Forest & Jungle Camo
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2018, 23:53:34 »
Woodsman Prime in an Alpine scheme.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2018, 02:52:24 »
Well I called this merc unit Schwarz' Forresters ...

Styled off WW2 German camo; terracotta base, tan blobs, green blobs, and black ink wash to blend it all.

And I did my 7th Crucis Lancer in forest camo - olive drab base, tan slashes with parallel dark green slashes, and brown wash.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2018, 16:09:18 »
Well, took longer than a week, and I'm still not quite finished with them, but close enough for showing.  All in forest camo, we have a Owens, Bushwacker, Primitive Wolverine (used as a -6R stand in), and a LE Catapult (which is much larger than I expected).  Still have to finish some small details and the basing with them.

Group shot and individual pics except for the Owens.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

ianpelgrim

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 22 February 2018, 05:53:02 »
My forest camo units:

I hope you guys Like them

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 22 February 2018, 10:11:38 »
Those are damn cool!   8) 8)  Thanks for sharing.  Are they all from the same unit or several different ones?

ianpelgrim

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2018, 12:02:00 »
All the same unit. Assault lance. Combat vehicle lance and 3 battle armor lances. Light lance and aerospace lance are in progress.