Author Topic: Thoughts on the Tomahawk II  (Read 8186 times)

Diablo48

• Major
Re: Thoughts on the Tomahawk II
« Reply #30 on: 09 November 2013, 21:40:41 »
The first set of numbers are also from Wikipedia (and yes, both sets have citations).  I went and found the second set because I figured it would be just like Wikipedia to contradict itself.

Well, that figures. #P

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #31 on: 10 November 2013, 12:51:25 »
Well, i did match up between Daishi Prime (teamed with the original Tomahawk) vs Tomahawk II Prime (teamed with the Deimos Prime) on Megakmek.

Well, used standard pilots on a one map scenario two on two and results weren't what i'd expected.  But reinforced my feelings on one of the design.   Daishi's weapons spam pretty much headshooted the Tomahawk II, HAG30s aren't as effective as I thought they would be.  The Deimos lasted longer, but was killed via Tomahawk's gauss rifles.   Maybe i handled it wrong, but I still feel the original Tomahawk is the better machine over Tomahawk II.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #32 on: 10 November 2013, 13:32:36 »
That is the thing that bugs me the most about the configs: no headcappers.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 10 November 2013, 14:44:33 »
That is the thing that bugs me the most about the configs: no headcappers.

Don't forget about the Tomahawk I. 3 of its 4 configs have 2 Headcappers.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 10 November 2013, 17:48:03 »
Well, i did match up between Daishi Prime (teamed with the original Tomahawk) vs Tomahawk II Prime (teamed with the Deimos Prime) on Megakmek.

Well, used standard pilots on a one map scenario two on two and results weren't what i'd expected.  But reinforced my feelings on one of the design.   Daishi's weapons spam pretty much headshooted the Tomahawk II, HAG30s aren't as effective as I thought they would be.  The Deimos lasted longer, but was killed via Tomahawk's gauss rifles.   Maybe i handled it wrong, but I still feel the original Tomahawk is the better machine over Tomahawk II.

That is exactly what I expected would happen.  The Tomahawk II configurations are all kind of weak so I am not surprised that the better configured original design outperformed it, to say nothing of all the brutal Dire Wolf configurations out there.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Register