Author Topic: How to make Solaris 7 fights interesting for non-pilot players  (Read 8608 times)

freakacid

• Private
Hi all, I am new,

I am planning a mechwarrior time of war RPG campaign with 4 or 5 friends (some part time participants). The story is set on Solaris 7. Basically my players start up as washed up persons (1 or 2 mechwarriors, engineer, businessman, maybe secret agent in disguise, street gangster). They will arrive on Solaris 7 and meet in a situation, where they need to work together to escape (they´ll start in a prison faced with wrong accusation of murder or something like that). They´ll be stripped of their equipment and wealth, and are not going to own a mech (at least in the beginnning). To aquire ressources and a mech (by doing jobs, participating in street crime, by finding some generous patrons trust, by proving their skills and beeing hired...) will be their task for the first few sessions. I have a few nice ideas for that. It will be urban/crime/conspiracy background.

However. I want (at least later) to have some Solaris fights. I am looking for ways of making the fights interesting for the "non mechwarrior players" (only a few will be pilots). Do you have ideas for that? Are there any ressources?

I thought about a few things like - one person in the basement of Steiner Arena trying to control the obstacles/walls in favor of the teams champion - other option: the configuration of the enemy mech is not known to the players, so watchers can try to watch and roll if they can find out what kind of weaknesses and modifications are there - also scouting operations that give an advantage on inititative rolls? - maybe betting on other mechs and then piloting those ??

do you have further ideas?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: How to make Solaris 7 fights interesting for non-pilot players
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2015, 16:51:22 »
Solaris 7 is a great setting for non-mechwarrior roleplaying.

Unfortunately a problem you'll never get away from is there are mechwarriors, and then there's everyone else.  I think it's a fool's errand to try to balance the spotlight between players with mechwarrior PCs and players with nonmechwarrior PCs... I don't think it can be done.  So it's a mistake to try.

That being said, roleplaying can be very rewarding if everyone is a mechwarrior, or noone is a mechwarrior.  There's plenty to do outside of a mech in a setting like the Game World.. from breaking into a rival stable's facility to scrounge for parts (or to sabotage a mech!) to cutting deals with shady types to secure money to keep your stable afloat, the sky is the limit.

Wanting to add actual mech fights on top of those adventures can pose problems no matter which side of the binary state the PC party resides.  Two ways around that: 
1) make the players part of a dinky "1st level" stable that requires the mechwarriors to do their own repairs and conduct their own out-of-cockpit adventures to keep their stable ready for upcoming matches.  (basically, everyone is BOTH mechwarrior and not-mechwarrior)

2) allow the players to make secondary mechwarrior PCs.  Those guys are the pampered jocks who just sip drinks and party with mechbunnies while the "real" PCs do the hard work that keep the jocks in the spotlight.  Allowing the players to don a larger than life arena persona for mindless mech bashing can add some robot stompy fun, as well as allowing them the satisfaction of getting to partake in the spoils of their regular PCs' toils. (basically, everyone gets 2 characters! One each mechwarrior and non-mechwarrior)

« Last Edit: 09 November 2015, 16:55:17 by Tai Dai Cultist »

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2015, 17:14:08 »
Thank you! Your reply is very helpfull.
My aim was to basically to have a group of non mech-pilots supporting their champion and working on building a very low level stable. However I think they´ll need at least one mechwarrior in their middle - a champ that they need to support.

I am planning 80% non mech, maximium 20% mech fight.

Having second characters would be an option... maybe I can realize this also by "betting" (they bet on a player and then slip into its shoes)

I dont want to have many mech fights, maybe one as kind of a "season finale".
I think it would be ok for the players, if there would be a match against an NPC (or a part time player), as long as they can participate from time to time (do some rolls, if they are able to hack stadion control, participate as sports-journalists doing some live casting [obviously some propaganda battle included] or try to work as external eyes [in boxing the coach is quite important, working as the boxers external eye - actually I have read some   [real life]  scientific papers on that interaction, or trying to catch opponents radio talk... i like the idea...]).

Do you think that won´t work at all?

If all of them are mechwarriors - they´ll need to fight against each other, which might ruin team cooperation.
No one beeing able to pilot a mech would be an option, but would make the goal of "pushing a champion" only indirectly possible.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2015, 17:21:42 by freakacid »

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2015, 17:22:43 »
During the fight its going to be hard for you to find something for your non-pilot PCs to do. If you trust them, you could have them piloting your player's opponent, as long as they don't go too easy on them. Or maybe you could have them run a simultaneous game in order to find out who the next week opponent is (so if the PC is in the round of 16, then maybe they can run some of the other pairs to find out who proceeds to the next round).

Having the other PCs doing things during the game can work (like controlling the arena walls), but the timing can be tricky, and you might wind up just making both parts take a long long long time.

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2015, 17:29:04 »
oh, parallel games is a great idea!

Good thing is, for opponents I might have some part time participants that might be opponent champions.

making fights tooo complicated might be an issue. I am very familiar with solaris fights (have played a league system on BT Solaris Rules for 4 years twice a week...with great house rules, with self printed c-bills, with 20+ people participating...those were the days...long, long ago). Some of the new players are not yet that familiar with battetech...

I might keep it simple in the beginning. Maybe also have them play "Holovid Mechbattles ;)" against each other for getting warm with the setting.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2015, 22:53:33 »
Okay, Solaris VII has a lot of potential outside the arenas.....

1) Crime. You can't swing a sleeping cat without hitting a gang member. Street gangs all the way up to Yakuza and Triads. Real easy to get on the wrong side of a Crime Lord, or work for/against same.

2)Spies. Like Gangs, all the intelligence agencies have agents on Solaris, and there's double-dealing, triple-crosses, meeting in seedy bars-type skulduggery all over the place. Maybe the PCs are spies for one of the great houses, or maybe they end up getting involved in a spy caper.

3) Celebs. You have the top fighters, but there are others who grab the spotlight. Tabloids chasing tri-vid stars, TV notables, nobles from all over the Inner Sphere. Maybe the PC know a celeb, or maybe they have to do a job for/against a celeb.

That's a good start I think.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 10 November 2015, 01:05:49 »
I've always wanted to see how this might be played out.  How did this person get pur in that position?  Who in their right mind would go to an arena match on foot against a 'mech?  It's an old video.  But I still like it and think it has some good implications as to what a non-pilot might do on Solaris VII.  At first you think it is a clan mech hunting down a bandit, but at the end, it pans out and you find it's an arena. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al_SlO5DAkw
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2015, 15:27:26 »
I have always liked the idea that MechWarrior's have lots of non-combat skills and abilities and as a GM even gave a few free points away to them that could only be spent on non combat stuff so they could have fun with the techs and such like works well for smaller games for my last campaign we had the
MechWarrior leader who was a big business man as well
MechWarrior / mercenary broker
MechWarrior/ mob enforcer
MechWarrior/ spy who spent most of his time hiding in plan site as a rich noble   

meaning you can have the business men the spies the techs be mainline PC's and MechWarrior's  so your end of session final can be a battle royal

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2015, 16:43:14 »
obviously i am goona do that with my design.

My question specifically was about the 1 or 2 hours of mech arena fight that might happen every 3 or 4 sessions. how to keep this moments interesting for other players that dont run a mech.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 10 November 2015, 17:37:50 »
obviously i am goona do that with my design.

My question specifically was about the 1 or 2 hours of mech arena fight that might happen every 3 or 4 sessions. how to keep this moments interesting for other players that dont run a mech.

I'll repeat my advice because I firmly believe it:

Either everyone or noone drives a mech.  It's impractical to the point of essential impossibility to ensure everyone gets equal fun when you let some players get a mech but not others.

If one is going to go down the path anyway, I think the most promising option is the suggestion upthread to allow the players with non-mechwarrior PCs to play the NPC opposition during the matches.  At least then the most risk is to the GM's fun rather than any of the players'.  Of course you'll also have to watch out for self-interest making the players soft-ball the NPCs.

VictorMorson

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2015, 04:01:47 »
SEEK OUT AND OBTAIN THE REACHES AND UNBOUND.

I can't stress that enough.  The player's guide to Solaris VII has some good stuff in it too of course, but those two books do a TON to flesh out Solaris.  In particular the Reaches.  Get them if you plan to do anything on Solaris and you won't regret it.

I'll repeat my advice because I firmly believe it:

Either everyone or noone drives a mech.  It's impractical to the point of essential impossibility to ensure everyone gets equal fun when you let some players get a mech but not others.

Give the players an alternate NPC to run during on-board missions.  Not their main character, but some sort of reserve pilot or the like. 

It's not ideal but I've found this is entirely acceptable with most folks.
« Last Edit: 11 November 2015, 04:03:31 by VictorMorson »

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2015, 04:44:18 »
yeah, great. I am not sure if all players really do want to pilot a mech (most of them have no BT background, we played Rouge Trader (Warhammer 40k universe, basically space a crew of space pirates) and focused on role playing. I am going to master now, and have decided to switch to BT/Solaris, because I am well aquainted with the Lore and wanted a "urban scifi setting" which is not as "over the top" as warhammer. Mechs however are a nice "add on".

Characters are going to be something like this (meeting with my friends in a few days, they´ll have to decide)

1. Washed up former military, maybe with some nobility background, but has ****** up something important. Ends up on solaris, needs to proove himself, needs to re-gain his reputation/honor. Maybe has a drug problem (this might be the choice for a probable "champion" that will be supported)

2. woman, blue collar background, was working in agriculture/industry. Is basically a tech, knows how to control an industry/agro mech. Strong character, tries to climb up socially. Has experienced some bad story, maybe hatred (such as: some minor noble has killed a significant other, she is looking for revenge. The "enemy" might be a solaris champ now, OR he/she is a noble person working on some conspiracies in solaris now).

3. Older Guy, his background is a little bit "mysterious". has recently worked for some big company. Now is trying to establish himself as a coach. Might be a buisness coach/consultant or manager for a stable. However, might also be funny because he has some very esoteric/religious understandings of coaching, a little bit like a guru.

4. Sports Journalist/Media guy: someone in constant battle for attention. Is a fanatic fan of the games, media, live casting and so on are his ways in. Has worked as an intern at a stable, but was "cought up in a history of office pranks" (i took up that one from the solaris book/mw third"). His motivation and skill lies in talking, manipulation, media use. Has some technical/it skills.

5. Gambler. Some relations to the underground. Is constantly trying to make a good deal. Is heavy on betting, but has some problems with money. Some money sharks are after him. He might be a good fighter because of his history on the street.

Maybe there will be some creative other options. The idea is that they try to establish their own little stable, but start with no mech (, maybe I will tease them by giving the mech and directly taking it away by authorities in the very beginning, who will never give them back, using bureaucratic tricks).

what do you think? That might lead to many possible story lines and chances for cooperation.

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2015, 04:44:51 »
p.s. I own the "reaches"

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2015, 07:00:59 »
Or, you could give them a worthless piece of ....     I mean a 'mech and have it sooooo broke down (salvage quality only) that they can't do anything with it.  It might not have any papers.   Serial numbers may be all mismatched.   Or even erased.  Even salvage has some value; you know the total combined cost is something something than the pieces all together or something.   

Maybe if the tech and the stable manager were doing something with it when the gambler's bookies come calling....     ::)

I played opfor in a game wherein one guy, a mechwarrior, had murder charges trumped up against him; and, while he was in jail, someone tried to toss an explosive device in.  Quick thinking player had his character pull the mattress on top of him under the steel rack.  Allowed him the equivelant of a D&D save. 

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2015, 13:21:02 »
You could have the players be part of a Collective (Less structured that a stable, member having a more eclectic set of skills, more RPG opportunities)

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #15 on: 11 November 2015, 16:12:35 »
great ideas. i like the idea of the useless mech ;) maybe add some bureaucratic crazyness to it (I am playing with some sociologists and people working in politics, so there are plenty of options and ideas).
They might have an evening long discussion about which form of self organization and "governance" they choose for their form of playing together ;) heheh

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #16 on: 15 November 2015, 15:54:37 »
 We are on Solaris VII (3025) and no one of my players event wants to be a mechwarrior :)

we have a ex military infantry grunt who is fighting his ptsd...(Liao)
we have an ex mercenary with unknown origin (woolfs dragoners, not unraveling secrets here now, just in case my players start reading the forums..) now working as a manager/consultant...building connections...
and we have an Liao ex noble whos family has lost its honor and he is now working as an arms dealer (deep periphery)...

there will be one or two more regular participants ("tech"? / "drug cook/mechwarrior doping expert"?) and a few part timers that might play mechwarriors/arena champs...

lets see how it goes.

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 16 November 2015, 00:25:50 »
Sounds good.  Have fun and your players will as well. 

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #18 on: 21 November 2015, 21:24:20 »
first real session was fun

- we have a weapons dealer trying to sell 50tons of lrms (he was ripped of, because they do not have explosive heads), but are artemis guided (we are playing 3025, so most of the people won´t realize the strange electronics, however, ROM and so on might be interested where this Star League Technology is coming from). He is is under pressure to pay his debt (1.000.000 cbills) to an interspacial pirate / mafia like organization. He is strongly advised not to expose his source - they might be after him, if he does.
- he has a body guard, a ex infantry guy, good fighter, quite stubborn, not interested in politics (imagine an asian verion of mike from breaking bad, or bruce willis from sin city)
- there´s someone working for wolfnet... very interested in the technology, working undercover on solaris to uncover hidden structures in the IS, trying to establish a stable...very in the beginning. he is a business/face guy with an ex mercenary - now manager/consultant alias.. (also to the other players).
- fourth player is working for solaris authority, he is a corrupt customs officer. has connections to local triads... taking money from them...

they went to a arms fair, found each other, trying to make a deal. however, triads observed the interaction and want their part...because its on their turf (most of the action is in cathay). Customs guy joined the group planning to provide proper papers for the deal - hoping to get percentage/help with an own problem...
Group went to a bar to make a deal out of sight, but triads came in... after a very tense situation, it ended in a little bar fight
- the body guard eventually built an molotov cocktail like weapon from a liquor bottle and threw it at one attacking thug after a discussion became a fight
- most of the group escaped the bar, having an internal struggle on who was taking the "sample rocket" to the car (different parties, the wolfnet guy tried to take it and escape), custom guy was taken by triads, but as they knew him from before, he was able to get away, promising to cut a percentage of the deal to them...(but they are threatening his family now...)

actually the fight in the bar was complicated, because I (GM) was not prepared for it. I was not sure how to model the situation:
one thug attacking with a dagger-> running towards bodyguard trying to stab him
bodyguard (won initiative because of combat sense) threw molotov in front of attacker, then shot with his gun (missed)
other player used medusa whip on thug
---- is it possible to make 2 attack moves in one turn (2 simple actions?)
---- is it possible to attack (Melee), then walk, then attack again (small weapons) on one turn?
---- how would one play the molotov on the ground?

we managed to play this out, but were not sure about correct rules (i am asking for next time).

in the evening the dealer, his bodyguard and wolfnet guy [still pretending to be a businessman with connections] but was imprisoned by a swat team (they caused to much public annoyance). Customs guy was able to convince his colleagues to let them go, as they were attacked by the tridas. However, his aim in was only to force them to let him participate in the deal.... he is playing a double game...but some of his high ranking colleagues are developing an suspicion against him

this is really fun. no mechs so far ;)

next time we´ll have a little simulator mech fight between the son of the customs guy (he wants to push his talented but unreliable 17years old son into the arenas, hopes the others might be able to pave the way, at least Wolfnet guy has made some promises...) and a seasoned mechwarrior they met at the arms fair.
« Last Edit: 21 November 2015, 21:50:56 by freakacid »

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 21 November 2015, 22:58:04 »
It sounds like y'all did, indeed, have fun. 

Rule of thumb, don't get bogged down in the rules.  If it makes sense and works, go with it.   The rules are guidelines.  I use them only to try and maintain some consistancy.  I have been guilty in the past of getting bogged down in the rules; and, that usually ends the game; at least, for the night.  One of the things I do when I am uncertain about a rule is to look at some of the game mechanics of other games and their rules.  I generally tend to default to D20 D&D 3.5 when I am in doubt.  I am not a rules Guru so I will let someone else answer whether you did it right or not.   If I were following how I would do things using your example, the second attack would not have happened by the same character in the same turn. 

Something else to look into: as much as people disliked MW 3rd ed, it did have some good charts and things to it for combat turns.   For example, there is a chart that describes the various actions you can take (with examples) and what kind of action it is during a game turn that represents five seconds of time.  It might help you to see where the actions in AToW are supposed to work. 

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #20 on: 04 December 2015, 14:19:41 »
A new player wants to join. She is not experienced with BT, but had the Idea to be some kind of cyborg. Well, I have some Ideas - as there are implants available.

Is there a list, which tech would be available around 3025... she might play someone comstar related or someone with background in the NAIT... my group already is on a trail to some recovered lostech from a cache...

I found the list in AToW / and ATOW Companion, and assume Availability E, maybe F might be ok? Or are there lists by year?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 04 December 2015, 16:21:37 »
A ComStar link is certainly possible, especially given the hindsight after what the Blakists invented for the Manei Dominei.  But if anything, that feels too easy.  Plus it raises a natural question that has to be answered: Why is ComStar allowing her to run around in the players' party?  There are lots of possibilities and lots of potential hooks for that character, but as the GM you'll absolutely need to answer it in some way.

If it were me I'd prefer to go in a different direction.  Definitely look into the cyber cat-girls of Canopus.  It's totally a thing.  Maybe she got sick of being kawaii and defected from her Pleasure Circus, and got some badass combat implants along the way somewhere.

Or perhaps tie in the ready-made Free Worlds taboo against cybernetics.  She could be a former FWLM mechwarrior who suffered the worst fate imaginable... burned almost alive in her cockpit.  She rejected being an invalid forever and got robo-whatevers and turned merc/gladiator when her family/unit couldn't handle the grossness of it all.

Perhaps take the Free Worlder attitude and reverse it entirely.  You can make up some world or colony that she happens to be from where they LOVE cyber enhancements, and don't see anything wrong with "improving" on nature's model.  (this hypothetical world could tie back to ComStar, as a secret test bed for what would in the future become MD robo-terror-tech)

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2015, 16:32:32 »
great ideas. where can I find info on cyber cat girls of canopus? Sarna didnt help, which book?

A mechwarrior with implants turned tech was also one of my basic ideas...

another one was someone working somewhere deep in the vaults of a "solaris museum of ancient technology" beeing part of a secret society of admirers of lostech/cyber enhancement that are always on the hunt for technology (not for use, but rather for their collection)....

Comstar will be one of the (secret) enemies of my party... so if she has a comstar background the story would be something like beeing someone who has "deserted" from comstar... however, not my favourite option, as it would make it difficult for her to move in public.

a planet of technology savvy people might be interesting as well!

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 04 December 2015, 16:41:35 »
I think its the ATOW companion that goes into detail about some of the canopian cyber implants/mods

they have been briefly mentioned in other resources I want to say an old laio or Free worlds house book, and almost definitely in the periphery books.

basically think of an "adult" version (not all adult but definitely aspects) of when the circus "comes to town"  its a traveling event has a bunch of tents/prefabs that they set up as a sort of temp town (kind of like a county fair) and have a whole bunch of things ranging from juggling, and weapons demonstrations, hocking cheap goods, various "games" freak shows etc.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 04 December 2015, 16:44:46 »
great ideas. where can I find info on cyber cat girls of canopus? Sarna didnt help, which book?

ATOW Companion, yeah.  It doesn't really have a Shadowrun style Street Samurai Catalog list of cybernetics.. but it does give you an idea for a framework of individual pieces of tech you might want to create for your campaign.

Other sources should have additional info about Pleasure Circuses.  A catgirl (or mermaid, or Brony, or whatever) doesn't have to be a sex performer...although some certainly are.   What better worker for a simple freak show than someone who can just pop off her day-to-day arms and legs and pop on functional but bizarre looking limbs while on the clock?
« Last Edit: 04 December 2015, 16:47:57 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 05 December 2015, 11:36:32 »
Also for the heavy cyber aspect you could have a Cappy as one of their old 3rd edition rolls was them turning you into basically a proper cyborg

freakacid

• Private
« Reply #26 on: 05 December 2015, 11:56:05 »
cappy?

edit: Cappy = Capella , now I got it ;)
« Last Edit: 05 December 2015, 14:39:20 by freakacid »

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 05 December 2015, 12:11:55 »
Capellan Confederation also known as house Liao they were pretty into the making people better you would be using the same stuff as everyone else for the implants but with a different style choice for your background on the player

They can rebuild you; they have the technology. All it will cost you is your soul

that was the old line for the death commando rolls back in the day also you should remember you don't have to be of Chinese extraction in the Capellan Confederation they have Russians and such like the old language choices used to be Russian, Scottish Gaelic,Hindi, Arabic so they had more variation but with the newer stuff and changes to the state the Chinese part becomes the only bit left 

bluedragon7

• Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: 05 December 2015, 12:43:42 »
As that Quote is from 3rd Edition (~3067) i am not sure this represents the cyberware available to Liao in 3025 correctly.

Actually I thought the degree of cyber came due to close relations with Canopus coupled with data from the Helm memory core and research into triple strength myomer.
Not really available in 3025.

But the magistrate of Canopus has always been known for good medical capabilities, even back in 3025.

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: 05 December 2015, 13:02:39 »
most if not all of the technology is available in 3025 just depends on cost making the availability worse of course but it can be done true the TSM isn't about but that's only one minor thing the quote is just used because its cool and shows the mentality

Register