Author Topic: MWO mechs that we know so far  (Read 7542 times)

Azeroth

• Corporal
MWO mechs that we know so far
« on: 17 July 2012, 11:00:47 »
Lights:
25  Commando
30  Spider
35  Jenner
35  Raven

Mediums:
40  Cicada
50  Trebuchet
50  Centurion
50  Hunchback

Heavies:
60  Dragon
65  Catapult
65  Jagermech
70  Cataphract

Assault:
80  Awesome
85  Stalker
100 Atlas

Looks like the tonnages missing are 20, 45, 55, 75, 90, 95 and it looks like the next releases will be Light and Assault.

If everyone had to pick one from each category, what would it be?

Personally, I like the Commando, Centurion, Jagermech, and Atlas

My bad on the Jenner - added the Spider
« Last Edit: 18 July 2012, 13:56:58 by Azeroth »

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: MWO mechs that we know so far
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2012, 11:07:53 »
If everyone had to pick one from each category, what would it be?

I don't know if player will pay for ammo reloads. If yes, then it will make a big difference between Awesome and Stalker, or Commando and Jenner.

So my pick would be someting like this:
Jenner
Cicada
Katapult
Awesome

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2012, 11:30:00 »
Lights: 35  Raven
Mediums: 50  Hunchback
Heavies: 65  Catapult
Assault: 80  Awesome
My current picks.

And these are my guesses for the remaining tonnages:

20 Mercury
45 Vindicator
55 Dervish
75 Black Knight
90 Highlander
95 Banshee
« Last Edit: 17 July 2012, 11:37:48 by Maingunnery »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Stahlseele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2012, 12:56:35 »
Jenner
Hunchback (4P)
Katapult
Awesome/MAYBE Stalker.

Well, in addition to my 5 Starter-Mechs at least . .
Quote from one of the Mechwarrior: Living Legends Mod Developers:
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness ****** the shit ****** random!'

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2012, 03:19:51 »
Jenner is 35 tons, so the 30 ton category is missing, too.

My selection would be
Jenner
Centurion
Cataphract (or JagerMech)
Stalker

My guess:
20 (if any) Mercury
30 Javelin
45 dunno
55 dunno (maybe Bushwacker? not really 3049, but it was available since 3050)
75 Black Knight
90 Cyclops
95 (if any) Banshee

Personally I hope for an Enforcer; this would be my favorite in the medium category.
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2012, 08:40:14 »
My guess for the missing -

20 Flea
30 Spider
45 Vindicator
55 Dervish
75 Orion
90 Cyclops
95 Banshee

I'd take Jenner, Treb, Cataphract, Awesome

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Azeroth

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2012, 10:22:11 »
I think the missing tonnages will include (eventually):
20  Mercury 
30  Javelin 
45  Vindicator
55  Kintaro
75  Orion 
90  Highlander
95  Banshee

But this is assuming that none of the Phoenix mechs are used for their older versions.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 18 July 2012, 10:53:39 »
There really aren't a ton of choices for most of the weights that aren't filled when you're limited to what was around in 3049 and you can't include the unseen mostly just:

20 - Hornet or Mercury
30 - Probably the Javelin or Spider - though I'd love the Hermes for something different
45 - Blackjack or Vindicator
55- Dervish, Kintaro, Cronus and Scorpion (doubt we'll see a quad) and a few even rarer ones like the Hoplite and Lynx - despite being rare I'd love to see the Lynx, a 55 tonner with a 5/8/5 movemnt profile would be nice since 2 of the 3 meds so far are 4/6.
75 - Orion or Flashman
90 - Cyclops or Highlander (edited, had Banshee listed as 90 and 95 in place of Highlander)
95 - Banshee

Of course I don't really expect to see every tonnage filled too quickly, mostly due to the limited choices for some of the weights.

My choice for current 'Mechs: Raven, Cicada, Cataphract, Stalker. I do hope they include a reason to play as the lights/meds - the past MWs have never been too great with that. I get bored fast when games degrade to who has the most assaults.
« Last Edit: 18 July 2012, 13:12:40 by Jayof9s »

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #8 on: 18 July 2012, 12:19:42 »
There really aren't a ton of choices for most of the weights that aren't filled when you're limited to what was around in 3049 and you can't include the unseen mostly just:

20 - Hornet or Mercury
30 - Probably the Javelin or Spider - though I'd love the Hermes for something different
45 - Blackjack or Vindicator
55- Dervish, Kintaro, Cronus and Scorpion (doubt we'll see a quad) and a few even rarer ones like the Hoplite and Lynx - despite being rare I'd love to see the Lynx, a 55 tonner with a 5/8/5 movemnt profile would be nice since 2 of the 3 meds so far are 4/6.
75 - Orion or Flashman
90 - Cyclops or Banshee
95 - Banshee

Of course I don't really expect to see every tonnage filled too quickly, mostly due to the limited choices for some of the weights.

My choice for current 'Mechs: Raven, Cicada, Cataphract, Stalker. I do hope they include a reason to play as the lights/meds - the past MWs have never been too great with that. I get bored fast when games degrade to who has the most assaults.

Now I could be wrong, but my theory is that many of the units are already from previous BT/MW games we've seen in the past, so going with that theory my guesses would be.....

20 Tons = Flea  ...  its already been seen in MC2 in the Fire Ant variant.
30 Tons = Urbanmech  ...   also has been seen in previous game, MC2
45 Tons = Vindicator  ...   I don't recall if its been in a game & P-Hawk is unseen.
55 Tons = Dervish or the Heavy Centurion from MC1.
75 Tons = Flashman  ...   IIRC we saw it in MW2 Mercs.
90 Tons = Cyclops
95 Tons = Banshee
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2012, 13:01:26 »
OK, the 30 ton Mech is th Spider...
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2012, 13:13:08 »
Now I could be wrong, but my theory is that many of the units are already from previous BT/MW games we've seen in the past, so going with that theory my guesses would be.....

20 Tons = Flea  ...  its already been seen in MC2 in the Fire Ant variant.
30 Tons = Urbanmech  ...   also has been seen in previous game, MC2
45 Tons = Vindicator  ...   I don't recall if its been in a game & P-Hawk is unseen.
55 Tons = Dervish or the Heavy Centurion from MC1.
75 Tons = Flashman  ...   IIRC we saw it in MW2 Mercs.
90 Tons = Cyclops
95 Tons = Banshee

Vindie was in MW2:Mercs as well.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2012, 07:43:46 »
Cyclops or Banshee, Cyclops or Banshee, where is my Cyclops and/or Banshee?!? [madflame]

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2012, 09:28:24 »
Cyclops or Banshee, Cyclops or Banshee, where is my Cyclops and/or Banshee?!? [madflame]

Well, we're pretty likely to get an assault for our next reveal and the game is missing a 90 and 95 tonner, so I'd say it is pretty likely to be one of those two. Especially since the only other 90/95 ton 'Mech that is even some what prevalent in the time period is the Highlander. Of course they could just repeat 80 tons and give us a Zeus or something. They've shown they're willing to repeat weights.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2012, 10:10:13 »
Ummm, the Cataphract has never appeared in a 'Mech game before, neither has the Stalker, nor the Trebuchet, the Spider, or the Cicada.  Doesn't seem to me that being in a previous game would increase a 'Mech's chances one way or the other.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2012, 10:31:42 »
Ummm, the Cataphract has never appeared in a 'Mech game before, neither has the Stalker, nor the Trebuchet, the Spider, or the Cicada.  Doesn't seem to me that being in a previous game would increase a 'Mech's chances one way or the other.

Actually, other than the Catapracht I'm pretty sure all of those you just listed were in at least MW2 mercs.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2012, 10:32:50 »

Stalker - MechWarrior 2 (pretty strong 'Mech there)
Trebuchet - MechWarrior 2
Cicada - MechWarrior 2

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2012, 15:07:33 »
Well, we're pretty likely to get an assault for our next reveal and the game is missing a 90 and 95 tonner, so I'd say it is pretty likely to be one of those two. Especially since the only other 90/95 ton 'Mech that is even some what prevalent in the time period is the Highlander. Of course they could just repeat 80 tons and give us a Zeus or something. They've shown they're willing to repeat weights.

Yeah, I'm half-expecting a Zeus or Charger, just to make me do a backflip in confusion.

Actually, other than the Catapracht I'm pretty sure all of those you just listed were in at least MW2 mercs.

Alas, children of the 90s!  Thou hast not laid thine eyes upon the hidden jewel that bears the title of the most immersive Inner Sphere video game environment that is Mech2: Mercs!  Tout not yon Clanner-yiff-Clanner storyline, O young ones!  Strap thineself into thine starter Commandos and let fly ye missiles of little range!
« Last Edit: 20 July 2012, 15:09:08 by Youngblood »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2012, 15:19:12 »
Charger gets my vote, if only because MWO has already unveiled three or four of the 3025 lemons. :P

Jagermech, Cicada, Dragon (depending on variant).

If there's a Charger, it's totally going to be my Trollmech, right next to the Jagermech.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2012, 23:07:53 »
Tout not yon Clanner-yiff-Clanner storyline, O young ones!  Strap thineself into thine starter Commandos and let fly ye missiles of little range!

how'd you get out of your padded room and access the internet?  :(
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 21 July 2012, 01:14:05 »
I got a full-time job, rent my own place to live, and pay all my own bills now.

Problem?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #20 on: 21 July 2012, 22:38:59 »
Depending on if they throw in the Assassin or not you will probably see me in a Cicada, JagerMech, or Spider.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company