Author Topic: MFUK Tree Frog & Iron Bear omnimechs?  (Read 3634 times)

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
MFUK Tree Frog & Iron Bear omnimechs?
« on: 18 January 2017, 03:32:29 »
I'm looking to acquire the various parts to build both a MFUK Tree Frog and MFUK Iron Bear omnimechs, and I thought I'd start my search with you good folks here.

Can anyone give me a list of the parts I'd need to assemble these omnimechs?

And while it was suggested to me to look at IWM for the parts, I've also been told that IWM doesn't have them any longer. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other, or offer some suggestions on the construction of these two beasties?

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: MFUK Tree Frog & Iron Bear omnimechs?
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2017, 06:35:16 »
Never heard of them but can't wait to see if you can find everything you need, they sound interesting.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2017, 08:11:07 »
I have a Tree Frog in parts lying around for some times.
Sorry for the blurry picture quality. Not the best camera, daylight pictures and on the run.

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2017, 21:30:38 »
That looks like the legs, arms, and base from a Uller, 2 Wolf Trap guns for the jump jets on the legs, the body of a Dasher, "wings" from a Wolfhound's shoulders, and the jumpjet from a Wyvern for the box on top of the torso.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2017, 01:03:58 »
I think think the leg jump jets are from a Hornet, and the wings look like they're from a Spider. Thought I didn't realize the torso came as one solid piece, I thought it was various parts kitbashed.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2017, 01:09:44 »
I know these aren't official or canon, but does anyone know if there was ever any "fluff" written up about the MFUK omnimechs? And if so, where it might be found or what the source was?

hauptmann fanjoy

• CamoSpecs
  • Corporal
    • Heavy Gauss - Dave Fanjoy's Mech Gallery
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2017, 09:22:07 »
For what it's worth, I've got pictures of these mechs on my site.  These are from nearly 20 years ago, so they are not my best work in terms of photography or painting.  But' I'm posting them here so you can get a better sense of what the end result is.  As previously mentioned in the comments above, these are not strictly kitbashes -- the MFUK minis had parts cast specifically for these minis.  These special parts (like the Treefrog torso) are mostly based on existing parts that have been combined and modified slightly.  I've got examples of all the original MFUK minis on heavygauss.com (including Wotan, Hydra, Dreadnaught, Katyusha, etc).

Treefrog:

Iron Bear:

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2017, 10:28:37 »
If I remember correctly, the fluff for the various mini's was written up in ComNet, the MFUK in-house news letter, I don't think it was done for all mini's, mine are all currently in storage in the loft, so I can't confirm 100%.

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2017, 22:24:50 »
@Hauptmann Fanjoy - THOSE are amazing, and exactly what I need as a visual reference. I've seen diagrams of them, but those are the clearest minis I've seen yet.

@SteveUK - Thanx for that. I didn't know where their stats were found.

Also, any chance anyone might have an available copy of the ComNet newsletters, with the MFUK stats & fluff in them? NOT looking for anything illegal or bootleg, just omnimech data and the MFUK fluff for those mechs (not wanting another moderator slap-down for asking a innocent question).
« Last Edit: 21 January 2017, 22:28:19 by Black_Knyght »

Heavyguard

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2017, 13:26:33 »
For the stats but not the fluff most can be found on the archived site below; (might have to drag to highlight the text)

http://web.archive.org/web/20030618185311/http://www.flames-of-vengence.co.uk/Battletech/MFUK_Mechs.html

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 01 February 2017, 20:35:28 »
It's kind of interesting that there are stats for these designs, but apparently no one anywhere has any recollection of fluff for them. ANY of the MFUK omni's.