Author Topic: Bandit Hunting  (Read 1746 times)

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Bandit Hunting
« on: 20 February 2018, 16:00:07 »
As a honorable true  warrior of the Clan.  Is bandit hunting really dishonorable?  If you consider the mission r for the local police I can understand. But if the vermin have mechs dropships etc is it really dishonorable

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: Bandit Hunting
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2018, 18:07:13 »
Bandits are usually poorly equipped, poorly lead, avoid stnad up fights and do not represent a serious challenge to a Clan force. As such, they are seen as being "weak" enemies, with little chance to gain honour and glory from beating them.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2018, 19:14:34 »
Somewhere, in at least one of the Clans, I'd like to think there is an Arnold Rimmer-esque Clanner, who takes an inordinate amount of pride in hunting Bandits to promote the Clan way of life.  And I'm assuming no one else in the Clan takes this warrior seriously.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2018, 21:48:36 »
Somewhere, in at least one of the Clans, I'd like to think there is an Arnold Rimmer-esque Clanner, who takes an inordinate amount of pride in hunting Bandits to promote the Clan way of life.  And I'm assuming no one else in the Clan takes this warrior seriously.
does he have a tech that is a lazy slob that really likes chicken vindaloo?

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2018, 21:53:29 »
And a pet Surat who is super intelligent?
Guys... I think we just pitched a Clan Goliath Scorpion Seeker party...

In terms of honour, I always assumed conducting trials, conquering the IS, etc is seen as Warrior work and therefore worthy of honour.
Bandits have taken themselves outside that honour sphere, so eliminating them is the equivalent of taking out the trash.
No warrior just wants to be a cleaner...

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2018, 16:14:20 »
And a pet Surat who is super intelligent?
Guys... I think we just pitched a Clan Goliath Scorpion Seeker party...

The fact that the Red Dwarf tam can PLAUSIBLY be a Clan GS Seeker Party is WHY everyone should be a fan of Clan GS. 
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.