Author Topic: Dark Age Militaries  (Read 1738 times)

Black Mist

• Sergeant
  • This IS the 'Nicer' side of the Confederation.
Dark Age Militaries
« on: 27 May 2011, 12:07:10 »
Now I am just wondering what kind of concrete force estimates we have on all the different nations of the Inner Sphere at the start of the Blackout.I have read Sword of Sedition where Julian is explaining to Harrison how the Capellan Confederation is in a better position than they are,and that got me wondering.With all the "downsizing",shifting of Units,and effects of the Jihad,what are all the different factions real strengths?
When life gives you lemons:
(1)you sell the juice
(2)use that money to hire a lawyer
(3)suit the the person that dumped all those stupid lemons on you for all they are worth!

Greyhind

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm Watching You
Re: Dark Age Militaries
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2011, 16:51:58 »
Things don't grow bigger from where we are now, on the surface. In all likelihood however, the various militaries will re-establish their support networks, forge new supply lines and so on, so that when the next wave of bloodshed comes they'll be in position to ramp up. Same size, less chaos.

The situation is slightly deceptive because the dark age caught everyone by surprise and most chains of command couldn't handle it. This lead to token militias and civilians taking the brunt of the fighting for a bit while the armed forces were out at their local pub.

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2011, 17:15:42 »
We don't know enough about the sizes and compositions of our factions militaries during the Dark Age yet. 

With so much of the DA fiction being centred around the ROTS it's hard to really say.  I doubt most of us would be happy with a continuation of seeing wars fought with mining mech mods etc.  We have to hope it'll show that the proper line units of our militaries will be what we expect them to be, equipped properly.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2011, 21:19:00 »
We don't know enough about the sizes and compositions of our factions militaries during the Dark Age yet. 

With so much of the DA fiction being centred around the ROTS it's hard to really say.  I doubt most of us would be happy with a continuation of seeing wars fought with mining mech mods etc.  We have to hope it'll show that the proper line units of our militaries will be what we expect them to be, equipped properly.

To be fair, those modded mechs were generally used by upstarts, militia's and people taking advantage of the chaos.  When the real factions, not the splinters, got involved, industrial mods when bye-bye.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Ratwedge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2011, 21:25:39 »
It would seem everyone uses Gnomes to Fight Clan Elementals these days to.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2011, 21:26:44 »
Phft.  Gnomes belong only in gardens.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Black Mist

• Sergeant
  • This IS the 'Nicer' side of the Confederation.
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2011, 10:27:06 »
Phft.  Gnomes belong only in gardens.

agreed
When life gives you lemons:
(1)you sell the juice
(2)use that money to hire a lawyer
(3)suit the the person that dumped all those stupid lemons on you for all they are worth!