Author Topic: So your Khan has granted you the right to create a new unit  (Read 2090 times)

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
So, you Khan (Your choice of Clan) has given you the resources to create a new unit.
You may choose the size of the unit:  One Mech (seeker??), Star, nova, binary, etc upto Galaxy
You may choose the warriors - Do you accept freebirths, former bondsman from other clans, new trueborn warriors slated for greatness, or warriors who are past their prime??
Equipment - All omni's or do you purposely seek some second line mechs.
Preferred missions - Hatred towards another clan? Breach any stubborn defenses?  Speed?  Raiding hence energy weapons?  etc etc.

For example, based on the Clan Invasion kickstarter options:
I want to create a unit with 6/9/- minimum movement  (So a nice selection of clans jump out - Wolf, WIE, JF, maybe Diamond Sharks, and maybe Nova Cats.  I don't know if the 6/9 movement is fast enough for the Hellions.)
So, my unit will consist of: Linebacker, Black Lanner, Grendel, Shadowcat, Stormcrow with a second star consisting of Viper, Conjurer, Battlecobra, Vapor Eagle, and a Horned Owl and one star of elementals who would normally be attached to the first star.
In this case, maybe the unit would be assigned less than honorable missions such as eliminate resistance forces, bandits hunting, or conduct watch operations to include headhunter attacks behind enemy lines, etc.  The Hellions sound good here.  Again, the 6/9 might not be truly fast enough.
First Nova:     Unit commander in the Linebacker with all of the others trueborns who have issues with authority or maybe a bondsman from another clan.
Second star:  a loyal clan warrior in the viper (drunkard maybe but still loyal to the clan/commander) and freebirths to fill out the second star.
I am not a roleplayer, but I would be willing to expand the pool of available mechwarriors in this situation to add some cheap fiction fun to this unit.

All other Clan units that I would create would be the generic trueborns, omni-mechs/elementals, veteran and at least reliable or maybe fanatical to the clan.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
Re: So your Khan has granted you the right to create a new unit
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2019, 02:42:11 »

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2019, 13:51:10 »
Considering that my new clan happens to be an AU, and my canonically one is still unknown (it's Stone Lion )...

I'll have to recreate the Touman of Jade Wolf to even this out!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2019, 14:56:19 »
  It depends what I'd need to depose that foolish Khan...