Author Topic: Historical: Reunification War  (Read 30908 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Historical: Reunification War
« on: 23 June 2011, 19:00:03 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with Historical: Reunification War.

Product Link: http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=historical-reunification-war

There is no compiled errata for this product at this time.

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2012, 01:34:26 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

mechgregor

• Corporal
Re: Historical: Reunification War
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2011, 23:30:14 »
Page 122, in the section CONTINUED MANEUVERS POLITIC..."While the Kinkaid Militia lined up to face the Third Crucis
Lancers". The Third Crucis Lancers did not form until after the dissolution of the Star League

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2011, 00:22:44 »
Page 19, in the section "BLOODY SANTIAGO".

The child hit by thrown coolant is identified here as a boy.  However, in Kevin Killiany's What I Remember Most, the injured child (the narrator of the story) is a girl.

(Or at least, the narrator opens with 'My mother always told me I was a beautiful girl.'  Which implies either a female gender or something a bit off about the mother... :D)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2011, 01:24:54 »
p. 169 / Force Generation, last paragraph

Unfortunately that disparity in technology (Star League-era tech facing simple 3025 tech, or even Primitive tech) will also have a significant impact upon game balance that Battle Value (BV) that the rules in this chapter may not be able to mitigate.

Maybe some typo?
Suggestion: delete "that Battle Value (BV)"
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2011, 11:04:31 »
P. 33 - Command Structure

Reference is made to Polymorphous Defence Zones (PDZs). These were only introduced at the end of the 1st Succession War in response to weaknesses shown in the Combat Region model by the Kuritan invasion. The map on P. 159 is accurate.

hussar

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2011, 17:07:40 »
Page 44 Pleiades Hussars writeup
The According to the deployment tables and the map on page 64
the unit that fought and died on Merope is the 5th Pleiades Hussars and not the 2nd.
Page 84 Carmichel
The 11th Division mentioned should be the 10th Division.
According to page 78 the 11th was removed from the Taurian front.
According to page 79 the divisions that had participated in the attack were the 10th and the 12th.

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2011, 21:14:20 »
On page 82 in the sub-article "E-Toro vs. Voodoo Red."

"Monitoring and  decoding Star League communications had been E-Toro's mandate since its stand-up in 2572. . .," Stand-up should be changed to start up.

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2011, 22:51:24 »
according to the RAT on p171, the EMP-1A Emperor os both a 90t mech and a 100t mech.  The Thug THG-11E is a 85t mech.
Star League - Egotistical, Mass Murdering Butchers from start to finish.

"Star League caches and Clan-Tech salvage, You're welcome"  - Stefan Amaris

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2011, 22:53:31 »
page 172, RWR RAT the EMP-5A Emperor is a 100t mech ?
Star League - Egotistical, Mass Murdering Butchers from start to finish.

"Star League caches and Clan-Tech salvage, You're welcome"  - Stefan Amaris

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2011, 14:26:09 »
Page 223: Stats given for NAC-10 mounts on the Dreadnought-class battleship are incorrect. Damage indicates 6 gun mounts, but number of guns per mount and heat indicate 4 gun mounts.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2011, 15:42:42 »
Page 70, last paragraph, first sentence:

"On Csomad, the people attempted to fight a guerrilla campaign like as their countrymen were fighting on Keuterville."

Suggested correction: "as" should be deleted from the sentence.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2011, 16:11:00 »
Page 73, right column, first complete sentence:

"As with every other Taurian world struck so far, the citizens proved every bit of a challenge as the regular defenders."

Suggested correction: "the citizens proved to be as much of a challenge as the regular defenders." -or- "the citizens proved every bit as much of a challenge as the regular defenders."

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2011, 16:21:17 »
Page 75, sidebar "The Battle of Robsart", final sentence:

"The war was long from over."

Suggested correction: "The war was far from over."

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2011, 16:29:00 »
Page 76, first paragraph, last sentence:

"While the Star League troops could still make precision strikes with BattleMechs and aerospace fighters, the bulk of the fighting was left to the infantry, casualties among whom quickly soared."

Suggested correction: "among whom casualties quickly soared."

- Klarg1

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2011, 21:14:48 »
PDF
Page 213
Overview, first sentence: "the Free Worlds League has a established a strong military presence."

Delete "has a"

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #15 on: 27 June 2011, 01:17:02 »
Page 84, right column, first paragraph under section "No Rest...", final sentence:

"After giving the world’s people thirty days to surrender, I Corps destroyed one major city or production facility by orbital strike each day by for two months before beginning a ground campaign that brought the final capitulation on 5 September."

Suggest correction: "for each day gone by"

- Klarg1

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2011, 14:12:03 »
Rank Equivalency Table / Officer, p.28

- '06' and '07' are both colonels for the AFFS. '06' should be a Lieutenant Colonel.

- '09' (AFFS) is marked as Major. Should be Major General.

EDIT: Lieutenant Colonel should be Leftenant Colonel, of course.  :-[ Praise to Trace Coburn!
« Last Edit: 28 June 2011, 01:43:17 by Demos »
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2011, 16:00:18 »
H:RW, pdf version, p. 16, main part, first paragraph:
The sentence that begins with: "Craig’s daughter, Tracial, who succeeded him in 2555, ..." is incorrect. Tracial was not Craig's daughter.

As seen on page 23 of Handbook: House Steiner she was his niece: "...Tracial Steiner (Archon Steiner’s niece and an experienced judge)..."
and "...acknowledging his own lack of an heir, Archon Steiner chose Chief Justice Tracial Steiner as his successor."

Suggested correction:
Change to "Craig’s niece, Tracial, who succeeded him in 2555, ...

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2011, 21:10:37 »
Historical: Reunification War, .pdf version, page 28, Rank Equivalency Table

- Enlisted chart, TDF column: the rank of 'Lance Sergeant' is completely missing from the chart.
Suggested fix: insert 'Lance Sergeant' as the E-8 entry on the TDF column.

- Officer chart, AFFS column: both the O-6 and O-7 entries are listed as 'Colonel'.
Suggested fix: change O-6 (AFFS) to 'Leftenant Colonel'.
  [Apologies to Demos for correcting his correction, but with the chart being about giving the proper factional ranks, we have to be as picky stringent/consistent about that spelling as the AFFS are .  ;)]

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #19 on: 27 June 2011, 22:11:17 »
PDF, Page 192 (right column)
Nuclear Weapons Rules, Secondary Effects

"...electromagnetic interference (EMI) for the remainder of the scenario, including a +2 to-hit modifier for all Ranged Weapon Attacks and a –2 modifier to all Missile Hits Table rolls."

This appears to be the same as the TacOps rule (TO page 55) so that should be the Cluster Hits Table.  If it's not supposed to be the same effect, the title is still wrong but a note needs to be added that it only affects missile weapons.

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 28 June 2011, 00:37:16 »
PDF.

Luthien is identified as the capital of the draconis combine even though it didn't become that until 2617.

Page 112. Luthien press interstellar
Page 142. 23rd and 26th divisions deployed on luthien
Page 159. Luthien shown as capital on map

All references should change to New Samarkand

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 28 June 2011, 00:42:24 »
PDF.

Dieron regulars are an anachronism. There was no dieron military district yet and it is not shown on the map.

References to the 3rd dieron regulars: p 107, p 121, p 123, p 141,

References to organization as a whole: p 182

Could perhaps be switched to Benjamin regulars or used as an oportunity to introduce pesht regulars

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2011, 15:48:53 »
H:RW, Pdf, page 35: DCMS:
In the section about Command Structure, there are references to five warlords and five military districts. This is incorrect, since it should be four in this time period, no Dieron district. The relevant lines: " These five warlords report directly to the Coordinator, ..." and "Each of the five military districts fielded its own “regulars” regiments, ..."

Suggested corrections:
" These four warlords report directly to the Coordinator, ..." and "Each of the four military districts fielded its own “regulars” regiments, ..."

-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #23 on: 30 June 2011, 00:38:51 »
Page 97, under the section titled "Restitution and Cranston (October-November 2577)", first sentence:

"EDITORS NOTE: Restitution and Cranston were among number of Canopian worlds lost during the Succession Wars."

Suggested correction: "among a number"

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #24 on: 30 June 2011, 01:10:47 »
Page 97, under the section titled "Restitution and Cranston (October-November 2577)", second sentence:

"The third and fourth worlds targeted by the SLDF were expected to be hard fights and so were assigned to the battle-
hardened Fifty-seventh Brigade and the Twentieth Division’s Fifty-Eighth Brigade, respectively."

This formatting is inconsistent with the rest of the book.

Suggested correction: "Fifty-eighth Brigade"
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 01:15:59 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 30 June 2011, 10:57:24 »
page 5, right column, top paragraph:
"The sergeant sword..."

Typo, suggested correction:

"The sergeant swore..."
page 5, right column, last paragraph:
"The squeal of armor plates, actuators and tank tracks were the only sound..."

"Squeal" is singular, "were" is plural. Suggested correction:

"The squeal of armor plates, actuators and tank tracks was the only sound..."
page 6, left column, second-to-last paragraph:
"The trooper pretended study the papers for a few seconds then grunted. “Ja, Fräulein.” He handed the papers back and made a dismissive gesture. The trio of girls simpered at the solder..."

Missing word, missing letter. Suggested correction:

"The trooper pretended to study the papers for a few seconds then grunted. “Ja, Fräulein.” He handed the papers back and made a dismissive gesture. The trio of girls simpered at the soldier..."
page 6, last word and page 7, first line:
"Second, story just to the left..."

Placement of comma, suggested correction:

"Second story, just to the left..."
page 8, right column, line 18ff.:
"Peeking over the rise, he saw them charging toward the hulking machine. While Baker and the other squads laid down covering fire."

Sentence structure, suggested correction:

"Peeking over the rise, he saw them charging toward the hulking machine while Baker and the other squads laid down covering fire."
page 9, left column, third paragraph:
"“Yes?” he called?"

Question mark. Suggested correction:

"“Yes?” he called."
page 9, left column, fourth paragraph:
"The small man’s eyes took in the scene didn’t react."

Suggested correction:

"The small man’s eyes took in the scene but [he] didn’t react."
page 16, last sentence:
"No state could afford to do so and risk the being marginalized."

Superfluous word. Suggested correction:

"No state could afford to do so and risk being marginalized."
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 12:33:05 by CVB »
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 30 June 2011, 14:00:53 »
Historical: Reunification War, pdf, page 47:
Nathan Isaacson bio:
The following sentence is incorrect: "When the need for a military officer to head up the Rim Worlds campaign arose he was elevated
to command of the provisional XIII Corps ...", since there is no mentioning of a provisional XIII Corps elsewhere. Instead it should be the VIII Corps, as mentioned on pages 30 and 129.

Suggested fix:
Change sentence to:
"When the need for a military officer to head up the Rim Worlds campaign arose he was elevated to command of the provisional VIII Corps ..."
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 15:28:25 by Neufeld »

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #27 on: 30 June 2011, 16:29:42 »
Page 104, sidebar, first paragraph, last sentence:

"Though only a junor officer in the First Free Worlds Guards, she would play a significant role in the outcome."

Suggested correction: "junior"

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #28 on: 30 June 2011, 16:32:44 »
Page 103, under the section titled "Canopus (March-April 2584)", first paragraph, fourth sentence:

"Marik herself arrived in-system on 29 March, the Albert Marik taking up a geostationary orbit above Delphi, the Magesrtrix’s seat and de facto planetary capital.

Suggested correction: "Magestrix's"

- Klarg1

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: 30 June 2011, 17:37:25 »
Page 116

"Forlough pressed a wide and deep attack against Semal, where both the Pitcairn Legion’s and the Fourth Alliance Armored Division’s HQs and DropShipe were located."

Drop the e at the end.

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: 30 June 2011, 17:40:54 »
Page 116:

"Forlough’s advance easily surrounded the city, but the defenders held the assaults back for a day, by which time President Avellar had authorized the withdrawal of his Fourth Division troops"

Since Forlough's advance is a singular event, this should be assault, not assaults.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #31 on: 30 June 2011, 18:55:10 »
Historical: Reunification War P. 20

Last sentence of To The Brink: The Pollux Proclamation the “Independent Worlds of the Periphery” presented their response to the High Council on 1 March,

Established in previeous Handbook: Major Periphery States and original Star League sourcebook as well, neighboring paragraph that name of the Periphery nations was Independent States of the Periphery

Correction Recommended: “Independent Worlds of the Periphery” to "Independent States of the Periphery"

« Last Edit: 01 July 2011, 16:48:23 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #32 on: 01 July 2011, 05:30:34 »
  All errata come from the first 'printing' .pdf of Historical: Reunification War.  All quotes taken directly from text, with the problem in bold text.  Problems and suggested fixes follow the quotes.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.6, left-hand column, "La Villette" section, second paragraph
An armored trooper with the Steiner fist sigil on his chest below the lopsided Cameron Star had had moved to block her path, his left hand outstretched and his right cradling a wicked-looking rifle.
(Repeated word.)

Suggested correction:
... below the lopsided Cameron Star had moved ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.6 (last word) and p.7, first line
"Second, story just to the left..."
(Apart from the awkward comma, the wrong word is used.  A 'story' is a work of narrative; 'storey' is the correct architectural reference.)

Suggested correction:
Second storey, just to the left...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.7, right-hand column, first full paragraph.
“Fine by me. I hate the day-to-day business. The union reps can be tedious. Watch out for Brendan Sai — he’s the actors rep and as tedious as any diplomat.”
(Missing apostrophe - should be a possessive form.)

Suggested correction:
... Watch out for Brendan Sai — he’s the actors’ rep ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.7, right-hand column, third full paragraph, last line.
... Hell, she’s half my age but was eying me like a lamb to the slaughter.
(Ian Marik is thinking about this as it's happening; shouldn't he be thinking in the present tense?)

Suggested correction:
... Hell, she’s half my age but she’s eying me like a lamb to the slaughter.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.7, right-hand column, "La Villette" section, last paragraph
An Elsie? “I hope you don’t mind miss. You looked a tad thirsty.” Oh God, Alice thought, taking in the precise clipped tones. Davion.
(Missing comma.)

Suggested correction:
“I hope you don’t mind, miss. You looked a tad thirsty.”

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.8, left-hand column, second paragraph
“Looking for respite from the days travails.”

Suggested correction:
“Looking for respite from the day’s travails.”

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.9, right-hand column, last long paragraph
... He glanced up at the Griffin that had resumed its bombardment of the crippled ’Mech. Typical, he thought. Not a jot of thanks
(Missing punctuation - you need at least a full-stop to close the sentence!)

Suggested correction:
Not a jot of thanks.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.9, right-hand column, half-way down
“And your McKinneys was drugged.”

Suggested correction:
“And your McKinney’s was drugged.”

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.19, main text, leading paragraph (started on p.18), last sentence
So far as Kurita was concerned, the peons of the Periphery be made to bow before the betters in the Star League.
(Missing words, 'had to'; also, 'betters' is a comparative, but using 'the' strips it of its subject.)

Suggested correction:
... the peons of the Periphery had to be made to bow before their betters in the Star League.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.19, main text, "Bloody Santiago" section, third paragraph
... fearing for her life, the MechWarrior opened fire with the ’Mechs weapons.

Suggested correction:
... opened fire with the ’Mech’s weapons.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.20, main text, "To The Brink: The Pollux Proclamation" section, first paragraph
With her state in crisis, Archon Viola’s stance shifted toward support the hawkish camp, leaving Marion Marik and Ursula Liao in the minority.
(Missing word, 'for'.)

Suggested correction:
... Archon Viola’s stance shifted toward support for the hawkish camp, ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.30, left-hand column, "III Corps" section
Ultimately, the two quieted the uproar with the appointment of a former Combine officer as corps commander followed by the highly visible replacement of Davion and a Steiner regiments by Liao and a Marik regiments (with the costs of doing so borne by the Combine).
(Unnecessary words, creating number agreement problems.)

Suggested corrections:
... followed by the highly visible replacement of Davion and Steiner regiments by Liao and Marik regiments ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.35, right-hand column, "Integration with the SLDF" section, first paragraph
The thought of swearing loyalty to someone other than the Coordinator heresy.
(Missing word, 'was'.)

Suggested correction:
The thought of swearing loyalty to someone other than the Coordinator was heresy.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.37, top of right-hand column
... as did her siblings Reginald and Shannon prior to their deaths in action on the Taurian fronts.
(Unnecessary plural - there was only one Taurian front.)

Suggested correction:
... prior to their deaths on the Taurian front.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.37, right-hand column, first full paragraph.
The Council’s head in 2575 was Byron Allison, Duke of Oriente, though Nicolai Kozurek, the Marshall of Tamarind took over the chair in 2588 and retained command until the return of Narinder Selaj, the Duke of Regulus, in 2597.
(Missing comma.  All the other nobles in this passage have commas seperating their titles from the text that follows, so Kozurek should as well, for consistency's sake.)

Suggested correction:
... though Nicolai Kozurek, the Marshall of Tamarind, took over the chair in 2588 ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.39, right-hand column, first full paragraph
These troops fell under the command the margraves, generals assigned to command operational theaters ...
(Missing word, 'of'.)

Suggested correction:
These troops fell under the command of the margraves, generals assigned to command operational theaters ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.40, left-hand column, "Integration with the SLDF" section, second paragraph
In 2577, with war already raging in some quarters, Estates General found itself ...
(Missing word, 'the'.)

Suggested correction:
In 2577, with war already raging in some quarters, the Estates General found itself ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.40, right-hand column, Twenty-Fifth Skye Rangers section
A Wild West aficionado, Colonel James “Pistol Jim” Rechard ...
(Mis-spelled word - aren't there are two 'f's in 'afficionado'?)

Suggested correction:
A Wild West afficionado, Colonel James “Pistol Jim” Rechard ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.43, right-hand column, "Fourth Amaris Dragoons" section
... becoming a valued part Gregory’s entourage in the two-decade campaign ...
(Missing word, 'of'.)

Suggested correction:
... becoming a valued part of Gregory’s entourage in the two-decade campaign ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.47, left-hand column, "Nathan Isaacson" section, first paragraph
The son of farm machinery salesman, he was not academically inclined nor did he excel at sports.
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
The son of a farm machinery salesman, he was not ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.47, left-hand column, "Nathan Isaacson" section, first paragraph
By 2560 had risen to the rank of colonel ...
(Missing word, 'he'.)

Suggested correction:
By 2560 he had risen to the rank of colonel ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.49, top of left-hand column, sentence continuing from p.48
He earned his first wound badge and commendation for valor in the Pleiades as regimental commander ...
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
He earned his first wound badge and commendation for valor in the Pleiades as a regimental commander ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.49, right-hand column, last sentence of top paragraph
... a ten-year stint as director of the Star League Veterans Foundation.

Suggested correction:
... a ten-year stint as director of the Star League Veterans’ Foundation.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.52, right-hand column, "Albert Marik" section, first paragraph
... his presence on the battlefield, in specially adapted Griffin, principally served to inspire the troops.
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
... his presence on the battlefield, in a specially adapted Griffin, principally served to inspire the troops.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.54, left-hand column, "Rhean Marik" section, epigraph
Duchess of Marik, Lieutenant in the FWL (later Eighteenth Captain-General)
(Missing letter.)

Suggested correction:
Duchess of Marik, Lieutenant in the FWLM (later Eighteenth Captain-General)

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.218, right-hand column, first paragraph, last sentence
Multiple LRM and laser turrets, covering each quarter in overlapping arcs, defend the ship against fighters and DropShips alike while four screen launchers give ship captains additional options in both offensive and defensive operations.
(The stat-block on the next page shows that the Concordat-class doesn’t actually mount screen launchers.  Which is just as well, since IIRC screen launchers won’t be invented for another five hundred years!)

Suggested correction:
Multiple LRM and laser turrets, covering each quarter in overlapping arcs, defend the ship against fighters and DropShips alike.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

p.221, New Syrtis fighter-cruiser stat-block, right-hand column, Weapons section.
  In the FR/FL and AR/AL sections, the Barracuda listing (2 Barracuda (40 rounds)) keeps the ammunition entry on the same line as the mount, pushing all of the numbers in that line one column too far to the right and leaving the 'Class' entry (Capital missile) wrapped onto the next line.

Suggested correction:
  Shift the Barracuda mount’s ammunition brackets onto a seperate line at an inset, consistent with all other ammunition-using weapons in the stat-block.  This will put all of the numbers (and the Class entry) at their proper tab-spacings.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2011, 05:37:05 by Trace Coburn »

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 01 July 2011, 10:17:39 »
Page 131

"As repairs begab Major Langmuir was assassinated and the RRA began a new assault."

Should be: began

Page 131:

" Katherine Dormax, who commanded the besiegers, declared the survivors prisoners of war but, before she could take them into custody, extremists in the RRA militia attached to her force executed the SLDF survivors and mutilating the corpses"

Should be: mutilated
« Last Edit: 01 July 2011, 10:19:18 by lrose »

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 02 July 2011, 19:35:43 »
Page 187
Rinalla Centrella: Young and flighty, Rinalla Centrella has negligible military skills but inherited her mother’s political instincts. Few who encountered her during the Reunification War or early post-war era, but her steel began to show in the late 2590s and she was a popular and strong Magestrix upon the restoration of civil government in 2604.

There's something missing here but I can't offer a definitive correction it could be:
Few who encountered her during the Reunification War or early post-war era feared her
or
Few who encountered her during the Reunification War or early post-war era took her seriously
or
Few who encountered her during the Reunification War or early post-war era thought she was qualified to be Magistrix

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #35 on: 03 July 2011, 06:53:21 »
  All errata come from the first 'printing' .pdf.  All quotes taken directly from text, with the problem in bold text.  Problems and suggested fixes follow the quotes.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.57, left-hand column, "Selvin Kelswa II" section, first paragraph
Consulting “Old Ice Heart” became a right of passage for many in the Lyran government, ...
(Wrong word used.  The term for an initiation is 'rite of passage'.)

Suggested correction:
Consulting “Old Ice Heart” became a rite of passage for many in the Lyran government, ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.57, right-hand column, "Crystalla Centrella" section, second paragraph
... but those who judged her by her looks found themselves quickly used up and disposed of by.
(The 'by' is superfluous.)

Suggested correction:
... but those who judged her by her looks found themselves quickly used up and disposed of.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.58, right-hand column, "Adam Buquoy" section, first paragraph, continuing onto p.59
His family was Capellan refugees refugees who had struggled to establish themselves in the new nation.
(Should be plural.)

Suggested correction:
His family were Capellan refugees who had struggled ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.59, "Grigori Avellar" section, right-hand column, first full paragraph
In that position, recognizing dark nature of interstellar relations, he pushed for the expansion ...
(Missing word, 'the'.)

Suggested correction:
In that position, recognizing the dark nature of interstellar relations, he pushed for the expansion ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.68, right-hand column, first full paragraph.
Between Panpour and Tentative, some three-quarters of the Federated Suns’ fleet ...
(Mis-spelled name.)

Suggested correction:
Between Panpour and Tentativa, some three-quarters of the Federated Suns’ fleet ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.68, right-hand column, "Peace Through The Arms of War" section, third paragraph
This furor would serve the Concordat ...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
This furore would serve the Concordat ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.69, "Battle for Tentativa", second paragraph
... while Task Forces 4.2 and 4.4 were heavy strike formation.
(Should be plural.)

Suggested correction:
... while Task Forces 4.2 and 4.4 were heavy strike formations.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.74, main text, second paragraph
... supported by eleven assault DropShips positioned at the nadir jump, point attacked the SLDF ...
(Misplaced comma.)

Suggested correction:
... supported by eleven assault DropShips positioned at the nadir jump point, attacked the SLDF fleet ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.75, "Battle of Robsart" side-bar, last paragraph
This freed the SLDF from the artificial constrains of having to provide large escort forces.
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
This freed the SLDF from the artificial constraints of having to provide large escort forces.[/quote]

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.78, left-hand column, second paragraph
... to the Badlands Cluster (later known as the Pirates Haven).

Suggested correction:
... to the Badlands Cluster (later known as the Pirates’ Haven).

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.79, main text, "The Carcmichale Gambit" section, first paragraph
General Wexworth had started to free up IV Corps at the end 2581 of for a strike that would keep them engaged ...
(Word order.)

Suggested correction:
General Wexworth had started to free up IV Corps at the end of 2581 for a strike that would keep them engaged ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.80, main text, "XI Corps Activated" section, last paragraph
The combination of the resulting gas expulsions and chemical spills ...
(Judging by context, this is the wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
The combination of the resulting gas explosions and chemical spills ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.81, main text, first paragraph
The Third Fleet targeted garrison and partisan formation alike, allowing ...
(Should be plural.)

Suggested correction:
The Third Fleet targeted garrison and partisan formations alike, allowing ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.83, "E-Toro vs. VOODOO RED" side-bar, first full paragraph
Information gleaned from VOODOO RED decryptions were parsed out sparingly, but ...
(Two wrong words used, successively: 'information' is singular, not plural, so the correct verb-form is 'was'; this context relates not to analysis and interpretation, where 'parsed' would be correct, but to dissemination, so it should be 'passed'.)

Suggested correction:
Information gleaned from VOODOO RED decryptions was passed out sparingly, but ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.84, left-hand column, last paragraph
... General Craige could claim to have defeated the cream of the Taurian military, III Corps was in shambles; after a week of repair ...
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
... Taurian military, III Corps was in a shambles; after a week ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.84, right-hand column, "No Rest..." section, second paragraph
They continued the fight while the rest of the Taurian ront stagnated, and were ...
(Missing letter/mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
They continued the fight while the rest of the Taurian front stagnated, and were ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.84, right-hand column, "No Rest..." section, fourth paragraph
... beginning with the unoccupied domed cities home to the hospitals and pharmaceutical labs ...
(Missing punctuation, probably a comma or dash.)

Suggested correction:
... beginning with the unoccupied domed cities - home to the hospitals and pharmaceutical labs ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.86, right-hand column, "Dumassas" section, third paragraph
Their forty-two BattleMechs and two battalions of assorted armored vehicles were enough, nor was the brave stand made by the last 700 holdouts.
(Missing word, 'not'.)

Suggested correction:
... assorted armored vehicles were not enough, nor was the brave stand ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.87, "MacLeod's Land" section, right-hand column, first through fourth paragraphs
True to form and his mentor’s orders, General Drummond gave the world’s parliament thirty days ... On day thirty-one she obliterated every military base ... Meanwhile, his ground troops landed and, with aerospace support, secured Fort Ustin ... Drummond maintained total aerospace supremacy, and her reconnaissance units ...
  Is General Sibel Drummond a man or a woman?  Because in the space of these four paragraphs, pronouns referring to Gen. Drummond change gender three times; the top paragraph of the right-hand column even makes the change from male to female between the first two sentences!  This generates needless confusion.  Pronouns throughout the entire passage referring to Gen. Drummond need to be consistently all-male or all-female.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.92, main text, "Piercing the Hyades" section, second paragraph
To the uninitiated, that seemed an imminently possible challenge.
(Wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
To the uninitiated, that seemed an eminently possible challenge.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.93, main text, first paragraph
... where something the size of a pebble moving a hundred times faster than a bullet could pierced a cockpit and killed a MechWarrior in an instant.
(Both words are in the wrong tense.)

Suggested correction:
.. where something the size of a pebble moving a hundred times faster than a bullet could pierce a cockpit and kill a MechWarrior in an instant.

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 03 July 2011, 07:14:33 »
page 214

The original Gallants fielded in the Third Andurien War were very similar to the Reunification War model but did not feature CASE (which was added in the 2570s after the Free Worlds joined the Start League in lieu of armor).

Should be Star not Start

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #37 on: 03 July 2011, 10:35:18 »
Quote from: p.68, right-hand column, "Peace Through The Arms of War" section, third paragraph
This furor would serve the Concordat ...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
This furore would serve the Concordat ...

furor is not misspelled. furore is a largely British variant and the sourcebooks use American English (despite the occasional Britishism sneaking in from some of our authors across the pond).

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: 03 July 2011, 11:10:27 »
Page 44

The Taurian Guard
Charged with the defense of the Hyades Cluster, the three regiments of the Taurian Guard held the line against the Star League advance for four years, inflicting losses measured in the tens of thousands. The survivors merged together
to form the single regiment that has served honorably since.

Actually there were 5 regiments of the Taurian Guard and according to the deployment tables (p.  144-147) the 1st and 5th were in the Hyades Cluster, the 4th was on Illiushin until the end of the war, the 2nd was destroyed on Diefenbaker in 2581 and the 3rd was destroyed on Sartu in 2586.   

Correction- Originally composed of 5 regiments, the 1st and 5th Taurian Guards were assigned to the the defense of the Hyades Cluster, where they held the line against the Star League advance for four years, inflicting losses measured in the tens of thousands.

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 03 July 2011, 11:50:40 »
There are some major problems with the TDF unit listings- per page 44 the TDF had 33 mech regiments in 2575.  The map on Page 64 shows the deployment location of 24 mech regiments- 9 are missing.  The map also does not match up with the deployment tables (p.144-147).

The following units are shown on the map but are missing from the deployment tables - 13th, 15th, 59th & 64th Concordat Chasseurs.  The 30th, 50th, 69th & 74th Concordat Chasseurs are on the Deployment table but are missing from the map.  Even in all 8 of these regiments are added to the total we are still missing 5 mech regiments from the 2575 size.

As a side issue to all of this the 82nd Concordat Chasseurs which formed in 2578 in the Pleiades Cluster should also be shown on the map as it is dated 2578.

The Taurian Concordat map on page 64 is missing "Desolate Plains".  The system is at the intersection to the right of Midale and below Lindsay.

It is also missing from the map on page 158-159.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2015, 00:47:26 by Xotl »

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #40 on: 04 July 2011, 08:41:31 »
  All errata come from the first 'printing' .pdf of Historical: Reunification War.  All quotes taken directly from text, with the problem in bold text.  Problems and suggested fixes follow the quotes.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Per this Ask the Writers thread: throughout the .pdf, the 'rebel' anti-Amaris faction in the Rim Worlds Republic is consistently referred to as the 'Rift Republican Army'.  To avoid a continuity clash with previous references in other products, including Handbook: Major Periphery States, all such references should be changed to 'Rim Republican Army'.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Throughout the book, the term 'Taurian Front' varies between being capitalised like a noun ('Taurian front') and a proper noun ('Taurian Front').  It might be best if one or the other was chosen and used consistently; I would recommend the latter.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.96, left-hand column, "The Phony War" section, second paragraph
... “a blind man with a machine gun versu a blind rat ...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
... with a machine gun versus a blind rat ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.96, right-hand column, first full paragraph
... the lack of communication, had though the other was Canopian security.
(Mis-spelled/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... lack of communication, had thought the other was Canopian security.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.97, left-hand column, last paragraph
It was a mugs game, but one Marion Marik had no choice but to play.
(Missing apostrophe - should be a possessive.)
  (For those who don't speak Australian, 'mug's game' is broadly equivalent to the American term 'sucker bet'.  I suspect the writer has been watching too much Neighbours.)

Suggested correction:
It was a mug’s game, but one Marion Marik had no choice but to play.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.99, main text, "Meadowvale (January 2578)" section, first paragraph
... while other units including, the First and Second Canopian Light Horse and Third Fusiliers, struck at staging worlds ...
(Misplaced comma.)

Suggested correction:
... while other units, including the First and Second Canopian Light Horse and Third Fusiliers, struck at staging worlds ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.99, main text, "Meadowvale (January 2578)" section, third paragraph
... force of armor and infantry, backed up by an odd assortment of ‘Mech s that included ...
(Extraneous space.)

Suggested correction:
... force of armor and infantry, backed up by an odd assortment of ’Mechs that included ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.100, left-hand column, "Payvand and Scheuerheck (July-December 2578)" section, third paragraph
... a notable exception to the participant’s adherence to the Ares Conventions.
(Misplaced apostrophe - this should be a plural possessive.)

Sugested correction:
... a notable exception to the participants’ adherence to the Ares Conventions.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.101, right-hand column, "Tetski (September-November 2582)" section, first paragraph
Ironically, Adhara survived the plague while its parent world did not
(Missing punctuation to close the sentence!)

Suggested correction:
Ironically, Adhara survived the plague while its parent world did not.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.101, right-hand column, "Tetski (September-November 2582)" section, second paragraph
It was thus a world to which the battalions MAF were rotated, undergoing repairs and refit ...
(Word order.)

Suggested correction:
It was thus a world to which the MAF battalions were rotated, undergoing repairs and refit ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.103, "The War at Home: The Freebooter’s War" side-bar, second paragraph
... of the infrastructure and regional economy; an abject lesson of what sort of unrest ...
(Wrong word used; the term is 'object lesson'.)

Suggested correction:
... of the infrastructure and regional economy; an object lesson of what sort of unrest ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.104, "The War at Home: The Freebooter’s War" side-bar, first paragraph (continuing from p.103)
CCAF forces prepared to launch an assault on the world but Ian Marik, acting in his mother’s place, had to approve the operation, insisted on FWLM participation.
(Awkward phrasing; feels like there's a missing word.)

Suggested correction:
CCAF forces prepared to launch an assault on the world but Ian Marik, acting in his mother’s place, had to approve the operation and insisted on FWLM participation.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.105, "The War at Home: The Freebooter’s War" side-bar, last paragraph
... where they were executed in front of Ursula Liao on 19 August 2588

Suggested correction:
... where they were executed in front of Ursula Liao on 19 August 2588.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.108, right-hand column, third full paragraph
... would bring them into the most unlikely or alliances.
(Wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... would bring them into the most unlikely of alliances.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.112, right-hand column, "Across a Wide Front" section, first paragraph
Unconcerned with the additional distances involved in V Corps much larger front ...

Suggested correction:
Unconcerned with the additional distances involved in V Corps’ much larger front ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

p.115-116:
The main text describing the fighting on Sevon twice refers to a battle at 'Big Tusk', while the "10OCT81" entry in "The Mad General" side-bar on p.115 names it as 'Big Horn'.  Unless Gen. Furlough's in-universe diary-entry is his misremembering the name, it needs to be changed.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.116, left-hand column, third paragraph
Forlough pressed a wide and deep attack against Semal, where both the Pitcairn Legion’s and the Fourth Alliance Armored Division’s HQs and DropShipe were located.
(lrose spotted this earlier, but not quite correctly: the 'e' appears to be a typo for an 's'.)

Suggested correction:
... both the Pitcairn Legion’s and the Fourth Alliance Armored Division’s HQs and DropShips were located.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.116, right-hand column, second full paragraph
... while inflicting upon Mallet similar number of ’Mechs and tanks losses.
(Number agreement and a missing word.)

Suggested correction:
... while inflicting upon Mallet a similar number of ’Mech and tank losses.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.116, right-hand column, "Suddent Halt" section, first paragraph
... originally to stage a decoy attack Mitchella before following the general to the Alliance capital.
(Missing word, 'on'.)

Suggested correction:
... originally to stage a decoy attack on Mitchella before following the general to the Alliance capital.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.117, main text, "Davion Maneuvering" section, second paragraph
The war with the Taurian Concordat had already been waging for six years, with no end in sight.
(Wrong word: you 'wage' wars, but wars 'rage'.)

Suggested correction:
The war with the Taurian Concordat had already been raging for six years, with no end in sight.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.117, "One Angry Man" sidebar, first paragraph
... long before he selected to lead the SLDF’s Alliance Front.
(Missing word, 'was'.)

Suggested correction:
... long before he was selected to lead the SLDF’s Alliance Front.[/quote]

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.117, "One Angry Man" sidebar, second paragraph
Unable to turn that rage directly upon these prime enemies of his he instead unleashed it ...
(While probably not an outright error, this phrasing is redundant and awkward.)

Suggested correction:
Unable to turn that rage directly upon these prime enemies, he instead unleashed it ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.119, main text, second full paragraph
No amount of interrogations, or threats of violence against Tancredi’s citizens ...
(Superfluous comma.)

Suggested correction:
No amount of interrogations or threats of violence against Tancredi’s citizens ...[/quote]

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.119, "Reverberations of Haynesville" sidebar, second paragraph
The Star League could be beat.
(Wrong word-form/tense for a history-book, even one as informal as Farnsworth's.)

Suggested correction:
The Star League could be beaten.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.121, left-hand column, paragraph continuing from p.120
... into Colonel Samantha Milton-Jones and her second Pitcairn Legion.
(As a title, this should be capitalised.)

Suggested correction:
... into Colonel Samantha Milton-Jones and her Second Pitcairn Legion.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.121, left-hand column, first full paragraph
Milton-Jones caught up with the Regulars in Ruby Valley, pinning two Kurita battalions with just her single first battalion — supported by several companies of light armor and mechanized infantry — while the rest of her Legionnaires struck at the Regulars’ base camp. Each side wreaked havoc upon the other, but by the end of the battle the Regulars’ camp was in shambles — including two DropShips with heavy damage — and Ruby Valley was in flames.
(As a title First Battalion should be capitalised; missing word, 'a', or alternately 'was a shambles'.)

Suggested correction:
Milton-Jones caught up with the Regulars in Ruby Valley, pinning two Kurita battalions with just her single First Battalion — supported by several companies of light armor and mechanized infantry — while the rest of her Legionnaires struck at the Regulars’ base camp. Each side wreaked havoc upon the other, but by the end of the battle the Regulars’ camp was a shambles — including two DropShips with heavy damage — and Ruby Valley was in flames.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.121, right-hand column, "Kazanka, Nexus Ri and Zlatousi" section, second paragraph
Each of these militias as further supported by Davion-trained military advisors ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
Each of these militias was further supported by Davion-trained military advisors ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.122, right-hand column, "...And Military" section, second paragraph
On Budingen, Colonel Samantha Milton-Jones ...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
On Bundingen, Colonel Samantha Milton-Jones ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.123, right-hand column, first full paragraph
Colonel Samantha Milton-Jones, after finding Budingen untenable ...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
Colonel Samantha Milton-Jones, after finding Bundingen untenable ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.127, main text, first paragraph
The Star League did not anticipate fighting a campaign in the Rim Worlds Republic and gave little though to the need to outfit and dispatch a fourth task force.
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... in the Rim Worlds Republic and gave little thought to the need ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.134, main text, first paragraph
On Medelin in April 2583 the Eighteenth Division ...
(Mis-spelled word.  This typo is repeated in the deployment tables on p.154, in the location-listing for the 1st Amaris Legionnaires.)

Suggested correction:
On Medellin in April 2583 the Eighteenth Division ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.134, main text, fourth paragraph
... the Combine troops had few compunctions about shelling civilian settlements to drive off concealed RWA troops and of torturing prisoners to extract information about their bases and numbers.  News of the atrocities percolated through the Republic and soon all of the SLDF were being tarred with the same brush, regarded as the barbarians many in the Inner Sphere had accused the Peripheries of being.
(Redundant word; wrong or missing word.)

Suggested correction:
... to drive off concealed RWA troops and torturing prisoners to extract information about their bases and numbers.  News of the atrocities percolated through the Republic and soon all of the SLDF were being tarred with the same brush, regarded as the barbarians many in the Inner Sphere had accused the Periphery of being.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.136, "Civilian Belligerents" sidebar, second paragraph
On some worlds the SLDF faced line units who fought in a traditional manner, but the in most cases they were backed by irregular troops ranging from professional RRA insurgents to farmers with proverbial pitchforks.
(Redundant word.)

Suggested correction:
... who fought in a traditional manner, but in most cases they were backed by irregular troops ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.136, "Civilian Belligerents" sidebar, last paragraph
Lies My Father Told Me, Sally-Anne Hawkings, Robinson Press,2601
(Missing space.)

Suggested correction:
Lies My Father Told Me, Sally-Anne Hawkings, Robinson Press, 2601

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.136, main text, first full paragraph
The SLDF arrived to pick up the pieces but found themselves unwelcome and attacked by all three factions.
('Three' factions?  Pro-Amaris (RWA) and anti-Amaris (RRA/militias) account for two, but who would the third be?  The text mentions no independence movement on this world.)

Suggested correction:
The SLDF arrived to pick up the pieces but found themselves unwelcome and attacked by both factions.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.136, main text, "Barcelona (April-September 2591)" section, second paragraph
By edarly June, however, the Legionnaires ...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
By early June, however, the Legionnaires ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.137, left-hand column, first paragraph
The combined cantonment of the Skye Ranges and Tamar Tigers were only...
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
The combined cantonment of the Skye Rangers and Tamar Tigers were only...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.138, main text, fourth full paragraph
His guards scatted but, defiant to the last, Gram refused to flee.
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
His guards scattered but, defiant to the last, Gram refused to flee.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.139, main text, "Bitter Harvests (2591-2596)" section, second paragraph
Though Selaj’s Principality of Regulus was richer and more populous than the Republic but to Amaris, the Marik commander was only a provincial leader, not a head of state like himself.
(Awkward phrasing, especially the semi-redundant 'but'.)

Suggested correction:
Though Selaj’s Principality of Regulus was richer and more populous than the Republic, to Amaris the Marik commander was only a provincial leader, not a head of state like himself.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

p.152, Deployment Tables (Rim Worlds Front/SLDF)
VIII Corps' 31st Armor Division is listed on Austerlitz in the 2587 column, but there's an asterisk by the location which is unexplained by any corresponding footnote on that page.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.154, Deployment Tables (Rim Worlds Front/RWA), footnote
† Elements of the Fourth Fusiliers raid Alarian in December 2581.
(Typo/mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
† Elements of the Fourth Fusiliers raid Alarion in December 2581.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

p.154-155
The 5th Amaris Legionnaires are listed as stationed (and later destroyed) on 'Gotterdamerung'.  The correct spelling is 'Götterdämmerung'.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.157, main text, first paragraph
SLDF occupation forces would continue to fight isolated partisans groups in ...
(Improper use of plural.)

Suggested correction:
SLDF occupation forces would continue to fight isolated partisan groups in ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.157, left-hand column, "Territorial Growing Pains" section, second paragraph
... none had taken into account sheer level of devastation and the tens of millions of casualties.
(Missing word, 'the'.)

Suggested correction:
... none had taken into account the sheer level of devastation and the tens of millions of casualties.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.157, right-hand column, first paragraph (continuing from left-hand column)
... and though only the captured planets of Rim Worlds Republic approached the level of defiance and vitriol that the Taurians reached, the Star League nonetheless found its abilities fall far short of actual requirements in each of the Periphery nations.
(Missing word, 'the'; wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... and though only the captured planets of the Rim Worlds Republic approached the level of defiance and vitriol that the Taurians reached, the Star League nonetheless found its abilities falling far short of actual requirements in each of the Periphery nations.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.157, right-hand column, "The Terms of Outworlds Freedom" section, second paragraph
... served as a senior Star League administrator responsible for keeping the Alliance front in supply, which had included many visits ...
(Other places in the text use 'Alliance Front' as a proper noun; why not here?  Also, I believe the term 'in supply' is awkward and grammatically incorrect.)

Suggested correction:
... served as a senior Star League administrator responsible for keeping the Alliance Front supplied, which had included many visits ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.160, main text, first full paragraph
As billions of Star League dollars worth of aid rolled into the Alliance, ...

Suggested correction:
As billions of Star League dollars’ worth of aid rolled into the Alliance, ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.161, "The Price of Victory" sidebar, last paragraph
... and even the exoneration of the dukes their relationship with Tharkad remained cool.
(Missing word, either 'with or 'after'.  Shouldn't this use of 'Dukes' use the term as a proper noun, with an initial capital?)

Suggested correction:
... and even with the exoneration of the Dukes their relationship with Tharkad remained cool.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.164, "Lieutenant General Nicholas Cameron, SLDF (ret.)" sidebar, second paragraph
He saw the worst nature of humanity there, including the desperate lengths the Taurians were willing to go to oppose the Star League.
(Missing words, 'to which'.)

Suggested correction:
He saw the worst nature of humanity there, including the desperate lengths to which the Taurians were willing to go to oppose the Star League.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.164, main text, right-hand column, first/only paragraph
... Lady Shandra Noruff-Cameron, died at eighty-four after several years of batting a degenerative neural disease.
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... at eighty-four after several years of battling a degenerative neural disease.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.165, main text, second full paragraph
He let his generals and bureaucrats to their own devices ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
He left his generals and bureaucrats to their own devices ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.165, main text, third full paragraph
The reins of the Federated Suns’ fell to his nineteen-year-old great-grandson, Zane Davion.
(Superfluous apostrophe; in this context/construction, no possessive is needed.)

Suggested correction:
The reins of the Federated Suns fell to his nineteen-year-old great-grandson, Zane Davion.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.165, main text, "Good Years" section, first paragraph
... the blasted economies of the Periphery in just a few years time than over a decade ...

Suggested correction:
... the blasted economies of the Periphery in just a few years’ time than over a decade ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.166, left-hand column, second full paragraph
The Jamerson-Ulikov Water Purifier, dating from 2622, was a fraction the size and cost of previous water purifiers, suddenly transformed otherwise-marginal worlds into viable candidates for colonization and expansion.
(Should be an 'and', not a comma.)

Suggested correction:
... a fraction the size and cost of previous water purifiers and suddenly transformed otherwise-marginal worlds ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.166, right-hand column, "Military Buildup" section, third paragraph
Before they war, they had provided the SLDF with trained forces, ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
Before the war, they had provided ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.167, left-hand column, first paragraph
By the middle of the 27th century, the SLDF had expanded to twenty full corps, while over the course of the next century those twenty corps served ass the basis to expand to an SLDF consisting of twenty full armies.
(Lord, what a typo!)

Suggested correction:
... those twenty corps served as the basis to expand ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.167, left-hand column, "Hidden Wars and Increasing Discord" section, last paragraph
Cries for Cameron’s head and secession were commonplace throughout the Periphery

Suggested correction:
... commonplace throughout the Periphery.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.167, right-hand column, "Rebellion and Fall" section, first paragraph
Only Stefan Amaris, leader of the Rim Worlds, showed Richard any kindness, which he more than repayed with his blind trust.
(Mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
... any kindness, which he more than repaid with his blind trust.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.167, right-hand column, "Rebellion and Fall" section, third paragraph
The New Vandenberg Crisis of 2565 was the final straw.
(This date is ten years before the Pollux Proclamation!  All other sources have the New Vandenburg Uprising beginning in 2765.)

Suggested correction:
The New Vandenberg Crisis of 2765 was the final straw.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Well, that's two thirds of the book done.  Now, on to pages 168 and onward.  :P

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #41 on: 04 July 2011, 13:47:01 »
Per this Ask the Writers thread: throughout the .pdf, the 'rebel' anti-Amaris faction in the Rim Worlds Republic is consistently referred to as the 'Rift Republican Army'.  To avoid a continuity clash with previous references in other products, including Handbook: Major Periphery States, all such references should be changed to 'Rim Republican Army'.
Or simply add a note that the two have been used interchangeably, as the author suggests.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #42 on: 05 July 2011, 08:15:10 »
Or simply add a note that the two have been used interchangeably, as the author suggests.
  Entirely fair, but I was trying to kept my suggestions relatively brief.  I seem to have a little trouble telling 'succinct' from 'terse'.  :-(

And now, on with proof-reading the last third of the .pdf!  O.O

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.170, right-hand column, "Royal Variants" paragraph
... to their development were just coming to age during the 25th and 26th centuries.
(Wrong word; the phrase is 'coming of age'.)

Suggested correction:
... to their development were just coming of age during the 25th and 26th centuries.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.174, left-hand column, fourth full paragraph ( last before "Customization" section)
Unless otherwise captured, the Periphery nations have a very limited a cache of Star League-technology equipment ...
(Superfluous word.)

Suggested correction:
Unless otherwise captured, the Periphery nations have a very limited cache of Star League-technology equipment ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.174, right-hand column, first paragraph (continuing from left-hand column)
Additionally, up to one more battlefield unit per regular company (or up to two in royal companies) may receive such a refit ...
(Failure of capitalisation.)

Suggested correction:
Additionally, up to one more battlefield unit per regular company (or up to two in Royal companies) may receive such a refit ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.175, left-hand column, first full paragraph
Note that no units may take to the field if it has suffered any critical damage ...
(Improper use of plural.)

Suggested correction:
Note that no unit may take to the field if it has suffered any critical damage ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.177, left-hand column, "Star League Availability" section, second paragraph
After the formation of the Star League, the Terran Hegemony only shared a select few military technologies with its fellow member-states (samples of which had already been “acquired” by outside agents); those technologies that are available outside of the Hegemony within the Star League are listed in italic under the Star League header on the Advanced Components: Reunification War Table (no other technologies will be available outside of the Hegemony during the Reunification War).
(This does not match the table on p.178, where technologies available to non-Hegemony Star League states are marked with an asterisk and a footnote.)

Suggested correction:
... within the Star League are marked with an asterisk under the Star League header on the Advanced Components: Reunification War Table ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.177, right-hand column, "Periphery Availability" section, second paragraph
That was a price the Star League was willing to pay, and for which the Periphery — and especially the high-tech and massively industrialized Taurian Concordat — took full advantage of.
('For' is the wrong word to go with the term 'taking advantage', as the sentence construction implies, and the trailing 'of' is superfluous in this construction.)

Suggested correction:
That was a price the Star League was willing to pay, and of which the Periphery — and especially the high-tech and massively industrialized Taurian Concordat — took full advantage.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.179, right-hand column, "Extralight Fusion Engine (XL-P)" section, first paragraph
The first prototype Hegemony extralight fusion engines were already operating in select royal regiments at the onset ...
(Improper capitalisation.)

Suggested correction:
The first prototype Hegemony extralight fusion engines were already operating in select Royal regiments at the onset ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.181, right-hand column, "IV Corps" entry
... when it is the defender in any scenario it also receives a +1 bonus to all Initiative Rolls.

Suggested correction:
... when it is the defender in any scenario it also receives a +1 bonus to all Initiative rolls.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.181, right-hand column, "V Corps" entry
... and further apply a –1 penalty to all V Corps Initiative Rolls unless it is the defender in a scenario.

Suggested correction:
... and further apply a –1 penalty to all V Corps Initiative rolls unless it is the defender in a scenario.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.181, right-hand column, "VII Corps" entry
VII Corps adhere to the Ares conventions and suffer a –2 initiative penalty if forced to fight on city maps.
(The use of singular forms implies a missing word, 'units'; 'Ares Conventions' is a proper noun and should have initial capitals; similarly, game terms like Initiative are proper nouns.)

Suggested correction:
VII Corps units adhere to the Ares Conventions and suffer a –2 Initiative penalty if forced to fight on city maps.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.182, left-hand column, "Star Guard" entry
The 22nd Royal Division randomly determines its forces normally for a royal unit, ...

Suggested correction:
The 22nd Royal Division randomly determines its forces normally for a Royal unit, ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.182, left-hand column, "XI Corps" entry
... any selection that results in a ’Mech or vehicle with a walk/cruise speed of 4 or less ...

Suggested correction:
... any selection that results in a ’Mech or vehicle with a Walk/Cruise speed of 4 or less ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.182, left-hand column, "Benjamin Regulars" entry
... and if they are outnumbered 2-to-1 or greater at any point in a battle, they also receive +1 Initiative bonus.
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
... at any point in a battle, they also receive a +1 Initiative bonus.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.182, right-hand column, "Galedon Regulars" entry
The Galedon Regulars will not shy away from engaging civilians, or “getting their hands dirty;” they gain a +1 bonus to any physical attack To-hit Rolls. They will also not break, and are not subject to forced withdrawal rules.
(Misplaced punctuation; failure of capitalisation; word order/poor construction; failure of capitalisation.)

Suggested correction:
The Galedon Regulars will not shy away from engaging civilians, or “getting their hands dirty”; they gain a +1 bonus to any physical attack To-Hit rolls. Nor will they break; they are not subject to Forced Withdrawal rules.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.183, left-hand column, "Syrtis Fusiliers" entry continuing from p.182
... the Fusiliers receive a +2 bonus to all Initiative and Physical Combat To-hit rolls and may use Overrun Combat ...

Suggested correction:
... the Fusiliers receive a +2 bonus to all Initiative and Physical Combat To-Hit rolls and may use Overrun Combat ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.183, left-hand column, "Fourth Royal Guards" entry
When randomly Random Lance Type for the Fourth Guards ...
(Missing word, probably 'determining'.)

Suggested correction:
When randomly determining Random Lance Type for the Fourth Guards ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.183, left-hand column, "Tamar Tigers" entry
Additionally, a force containing the Tigers gains a +2 bonus to initiative rolls.  Tamar Tigers units may use Off-Map movement.

Suggested correction:
Additionally, a force containing the Tigers gains a +2 bonus to Initiative rolls.  Tamar Tigers units may use Off-Map Movement.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.183, left-hand column, "Chasseurs à Cheval" entry
... gain a +1 bonus to Initiative Rolls and may use Off-Map movement.

Suggested correction:
... gain a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls and may use Off-Map Movement.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.183, right-hand column, "Carabineers & Lancers" section
Carabineers & Lancers: The Pitkin Lancers and Santiago Carabiniers were formed ... (reroll any results that would include a piece of equipment available in the year 2584 or later)
(Mis-spelled word; missing punctuation to close the sentence.)

Suggested correction:
Carabiniers & Lancers: The Pitkin Lancers and Santiago Carabiniers were formed ... (reroll any results that would include a piece of equipment available in the year 2584 or later).

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.183, right-hand column, "First Alliance BattleMech Regiment" entry
... with conventional ’Mech designs purchased through Kurita sources through House Davion’s covert assistance.
(Wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... with conventional ’Mech designs purchased from Kurita sources through House Davion’s covert assistance.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.184, left-hand column, "Pleiades Hussars" entry
... any selection that results in a ’Mech or vehicle with a walk/cruise speed of 4 or less (the reroll must be in the same weight class, and rerolled unit must be kept regardless of its speed).
(Failure of capitalisation; missing word, 'the'.)

Suggested correction:
... any selection that results in a ’Mech or vehicle with a Walk/Cruise speed of 4 or less (the reroll must be in the same weight class, and the rerolled unit must be kept regardless of its speed).

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.184, left-hand column, "Taurian Volunteer Guard" entry
Apply a –1 penalty to the Random Experience Level roll for the Calderon Gaurd, and an additional ... and receive +2 Initiative bonus if they are outnumbered at any point in a battle.
(Apart from the typo, this is the wrong unit-name; missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
Apply a –1 penalty to the Random Experience Level roll for the Volunteer Guard, and an additional ... and receive a +2 Initiative bonus if they are outnumbered at any point in a battle.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.185, left-hand column, "General Charles Wexworth" entry
Fancying himself a skilled politician, General Charles Wexworth relies overly so upon his staff and subordinates while also continually making decisions based upon a consensus-building model. While these qualities served him well so long as he was surrounded by a skilled staff and he operated in a purely political setting, they failed him whist waging war.
(This feels like it should be a parenthetical remark but lacks parentheses; mis-spelled word.)

Suggested correction:
... General Charles Wexworth relies (overly so) upon his staff and subordinates ... in a purely political setting, they failed him whilst waging war.[/quote]

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.186, left-hand column, "President Lawrence Davion" entry
He finally recognized the path he would take after his appointment New Avalon’s representative to the Federated Suns’ High Council. ... The is no doubt that Lawrence Davion is a greedy man, and ...
(Missing word, 'as'; wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... he would take after his appointment as New Avalon’s representative to the Federated Suns’ High Council. ... There is no doubt that Lawrence Davion is a greedy man, and ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.187, left-hand column, "Speaker Henry Gram" entry
He gains a +1 modifier to all Negotiation Action Checks (+2 if the negotiation is within the Estates general) and has access to vast wealth and influence to achieve his goals.

Suggested correction:
... if the negotiation is within the Estates General) and has access ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.187, right-hand column, "Gregory Amaris" entry continuing onto p.188
However, Leadership Action Checks made against remote persons suffer a –2 penalty. However, he suffers from the Compulsion Trait and suffers a –4 modifier to all Action and Attribute Checks involving WIL.
(Two 'howevers' to start two consecutive sentences is confusing and redundant - the second should be deleted.)

Suggested correction:
However, Leadership Action Checks made against remote persons suffer a –2 penalty. He suffers from the Compulsion Trait and suffers a –4 modifier to all Action and Attribute Checks involving WIL.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.189, left-hand column, "Rim Worlds Republic Front" section
... their resources limited to what they could scrounge and so the many of the WMDs employed by the RRA and RWA were improvised chemical weapons of limited impact.
(Redundant word(s).)

Suggested correction:
... their resources limited to what they could scrounge and so many of the WMDs employed by the RRA and RWA were improvised chemical weapons of limited impact.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.193, left-hand column, "Nuclear Weapons in Space" section, third paragraph
Additionally, all units within space hex in which a nuclear weapon ...
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
Additionally, all units within a space hex in which a nuclear weapon ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.195, main text, left-hand column, "Type II" section, first paragraph
Type II missiles may be targeted by Point Defense Weapons (see p. 96, SO) as if it was a Barracuda missile with 2 points of capital scale-armor.
(Number agreement between the first two bolded points; the third is improperly capitalised and improperly hyphenated.)

Suggested correction:
Type II missiles may be targeted by Point Defense Weapons (see p. 96, SO) as if each was a Barracuda missile with 2 points of Capital-scale armor.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.195, main text, right-hand column, second full paragraph
Type III missiles may be targeted by Point Defense Weapons (see p. 96, SO) as if it was a White Shark missile with 3 points of capital scale-armor.
(Number agreement between the first two bolded points; the third is improperly capitalised and improperly hyphenated.)

Suggested correction:
Type III missiles may be targeted by Point Defense Weapons (see p. 96, SO) as if each was a White Shark missile with 3 points of Capital-scale armor.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.195, main text, right-hand column, "Type IV" section
... surface-to-surface (from special multiple use, purpose-built silos or dedicated vehicular mobile launcher) per standard rules, except as modified above.
(Either 'launcher' needs to be a plural, or the word 'a' is missing.)

Suggested correction:
... surface-to-surface (from special multiple use, purpose-built silos or a dedicated vehicular mobile launcher) per standard rules, except as modified above.
OR
... surface-to-surface (from special multiple use, purpose-built silos or dedicated vehicular mobile launchers) per standard rules, except as modified above.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.196, left-hand column, second paragraph
Type IV missiles may be targeted by Point Defense Weapons (see p. 96,SO) as if it was a Killer Whale missile with 4 points of capital scale-armor.

Suggested correction:
Type IV missiles may be targeted by Point Defense Weapons (see p. 96,SO) as if each was a Killer Whale missile with 4 points of Capital-scale armor.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.196, left-hand column, "Biological and Chemical Weapons", second paragraph
The former became accepted tools that could be used by military and civil authorities alike throughout the centuries and across the starts, and could even be utilized by civilians in limited fashions ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... alike throughout the centuries and across the stars, and could even be utilized ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.196, right-hand column, "Acquisition" entry continuing on to p.197
Any player wishing to acquire a biological or chemical weapon must play the listed cost (this is in addition to ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
Any player wishing to acquire a biological or chemical weapon must pay the listed cost (this is in addition to ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.197, right-hand column, "Protective Gear" entry, second paragraph
Breeches of vehicle armor (the destruction of all the armor ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
Breaches of vehicle armor (the destruction of all the armor ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.203, main text, left-hand column, first paragraph
A frenzy continues until the mob is destroyed, is forced to withdraw (see p. 212, TO) or runs of enemy targets.
(Missing word, 'out'.)

Suggested correction:
A frenzy continues until the mob is destroyed, is forced to withdraw (see p. 212, TO) or runs out of enemy targets.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.203, main text, right-hand column, "New Combat Units" section, first paragraph
This, combined research information gleaned from ...
(Missing word, 'with'..)

Suggested correction:
This, combined with research information gleaned from ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.204, left-hand column, "Periphery Refits" section, first paragraph
... simply retrofitted civilian vehicles and IndustrialMechs with weapons, trusting that would give them an edge over their opponents — in quantity, if not qualify.
(Missing word, probably 'they'; typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... trusting that they would give them an edge over their opponents — in quantity, if not quality.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.204, left-hand column, "Flatbed Truck" entry
... to a truck’s bed and hanging two tons of armor (typically focused more towards the front and sides), a common truck ...
(Missing word(s), probably 'on it'.)

Suggested correction:
... to a truck’s bed and hanging two tons of armor on it (typically focused more towards the front and sides), a common truck ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.204, right-hand column, "BC Buster XV (AC)" entry
Pairing right torso mounted autocannon 5 with an LRM 10 launcher ...
(Missing word, 'a'.)

Suggested correction:
Pairing a right torso mounted autocannon 5 with an LRM 10 launcher ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.205, left-hand column, "SC Powerman XI" entry
The weapons are fed from a shard one-ton magazine in the center torso.
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
The weapons are fed from a shared one-ton magazine in the center torso.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.205, right-hand column, paragraph continuing from left-hand column
... could have been better served bolstering the designs firepower or defenses.

Suggested correction:
... could have been better served bolstering the design’s firepower or defenses.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.205, right-hand column, "Deployment" section, first paragraph
... the anvil to heavy tank maneuvers, a roll-reversal that stunned the enemy ...
(Typo/wrong word.)

Suggested correction:
... the anvil to heavy tank maneuvers, a role-reversal that stunned the enemy ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.207, left-hand column, "Variants" section, first paragraph
The MM-2 configuration, first fielded in 2583 shortly before the Battle of Canopus mitigated the heat issues ...
(Missing comma.)

Suggested correction:
The MM-2 configuration, first fielded in 2583 shortly before the Battle of Canopus, mitigated the heat issues ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.207, left-hand column, "Variants" section, first paragraph
... and a streamlined HUD system, significantly improving the pilot’s experience.
(Perhaps should be 'awareness'?  After all a HUD is a tool of combat information and situation-awareness, not a home-theatre system. :p)

Suggested correction:
... and a streamlined HUD system, significantly improving the pilot’s awareness.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.209, left-hand column, "Variants" section, first paragraph
Neither Vandenberg MilTech nor the TDF ever produced any official variants of the Talos, save from regular upgrades to the ’Mech’s subsystems.
(In this context, 'save' means 'except', meaning that the next word should be 'for'.)

Suggested correction:
... any official variants of the Talos, save for regular upgrades to the ’Mech’s subsystems.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.210, left-hand column, paragraph continuing from p.209
... a standardization of fittings and equipment it proved more cost effective to scrap the troublesome ...
(This term is meant to be hyphenated, isn't it?)

Suggested correction:
... a standardization of fittings and equipment it proved more cost-effective to scrap the troublesome ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.211, left-hand column, "Capabilities" section, second paragraph
Two more heavy machineguns, one mounted each fore and aft, provide above average anti-infantry fire ...
(Word order; missing punctuation.)

Suggested correction:
Two more heavy machineguns, mounted one each fore and aft, provide above-average anti-infantry fire ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.211, right-hand column, first paragraph
If the Tiger had any weakness, it is its armor protection.
(Wrong tense.)

Suggested correction:
If the Tiger had any weakness, it was its armor protection.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.211, right-hand column, "Notable Crews" section
He fought his last battle on Jaipur, having been captured by Cassandra Varnay’s after springing an unsuccessful that backfired; Gordon and his men were executed, prompting Davion to embark on the bloodiest stage of the civil war.
(Missing word here, probably 'ambush', but that would make the 'unsuccessful' somewhat redundant.)

Suggested correction:
... captured by Cassandra Varnay’s after springing an ambush that backfired; Gordon and his men ...

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

Quote from: p.213, left-hand column, "Overview" section
... to marry new technologies with a half-millennia-old concept of the Tank.

Suggested correction:
... sought to marry new technologies with a half-millennia-old concept of the tank.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

p.215, right-hand column, Wayland stat-block, Structure/Armour section:
A tab-break was missed on the 'Rear' line, misaligning the columns: the '15' is jammed up against the word 'Rear', while the '38' is where the '15' should be.

Suggested correction:
Insert a tab-break between 'Rear' and '15' to restore the proper spacing.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

p.222, right-hand column, Dreadnought stat-block, Cargo section:
The numbers of doors for the four bays are misaligned, caused by the excessive length of the cargo-entry for Bay Three.

Suggested correction:
Insert additional tab-breaks for Bays 1 and 2 (between 'Small Craft (12)' and '2 Doors') and Bay 4 (between 'Cargo (40,000 tons)' and '2 Doors') to restore the proper spacing and align all four door-numbers.

==  ==  ==  ==  ==  ==

And that's all I can find, for now.  :p

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: 06 July 2011, 07:21:59 »
Page 82
"The Landers’ Delta Company immediately took to the field to capture the commandos, but after a brief
firefight, found only their bodies and the destroyed remains of the prototype weapon."

Correction - the unit being referred to in the text is the Fifty-sixth Ariana Lancers- Landers' should be Lancers'

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #44 on: 06 July 2011, 20:23:15 »
Page 3. Chris "Bones" Trossen would like to thank, last sentence:

...and the MUL team, for making the workload a might easier.

That should be
...and the MUL team, for making the workload a mite easier.

(The former refers to strength, while the latter refers to an amount.)
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #45 on: 06 July 2011, 20:24:53 »
Page 27, Corps section. The first sentence has a closing parenthesis with no opening parenthesis.

Remove closing parenthesis before period.

Page 116, last sentence before "Sudden Halt" is missing a period.
"She received his reply on 23 November"
Add period to sentence.

Page 119, "Hell's Horsemen Unleashed" section, fourth sentence:
...assuming responsibility for the world Bad News...
Missing a word: of
Suggested text:
...assuming responsibility for the world of Bad News...

Page 119, Valentina, second paragraph, first word:
W\hen
Remove backslash from word.

Page 149, VII Corps composition table. 58th Brigade is boldfaced, but no other brigade is. Suggested fix is to remove boldface from Brigade.

Page 157, Territorial Growing Pains, first paragraph, last sentence:
...greatest unified effort mankind had ever partaken in.
Incorrect. Suggest changing it to
...greatest unified effort mankind had ever undertaken.
...greatest unified effort mankind had ever seen.

Page 157, right-hand column, "The Terms of Outworlds Freedom" section, second paragraph, third sentence:
...held House Davion and the Federated Suns in the highest of contempt;
Extra word "of". Suggest removing "of", changing the sentence to
...held House Davion and the Federated Suns in the highest contempt;

Page 157, Terms of Outworlds freedom, second paragraph, third sentence:
...responsible for keeping the Alliance front in supply,...
incorrect word. Suggest changing it to
...responsible for keeping the Alliance front in supplies,...
« Last Edit: 06 July 2011, 20:40:25 by mbear »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #46 on: 06 July 2011, 21:03:46 »
Page 163, sidebar, second paragraph, second sentence:
Would the Star league have survived?
League needs a capital "L".

Page 163 Sidebar, second paragraph, sixth sentence:
...would a Thirty-fifth century Star League...
Aren't we in the Thirty-first century? Why did the author skip ahead 400 years?

Page 166, Military Buildup column, last paragraph, second sentence:
In fact, each of the realms... was compelled to....
Incorrect word, should probably be were, since there are multiple Periphery realms.
In fact, each of the realms... were compelled to....

Page 167, Hidden Wars and Increasing Discord section, third paragraph, second sentence:
...the Periphery, by and far the majority...
"by and far" should be replaced by "by and large".

Page 205, KIC-3 Harvester Ant (MG), first sentence
... platform, the combine units were...
Aren't they just combines? Suggested fix:
...platform, the combines were...

Page 209 Alfar Statistics block.
Targeting & Tracking System:
The TROs and other designs in the book all use "Targeting and Tracking System".
Suggested fix: Replace the ampersand with the word "and".

Page 212, Tiger Medium Tank Statistics block
Movement Type: Tonnage: 55
Should be split into two lines and include "Tracked", as shown below:
Movement Type: Tracked
Tonnage: 55

Page 222, Dreadnought-class WarShip, First sentence has an extra space before comma:
The TAS Dreadnought ,
Please remove space between Dreadnought and the comma.

Page 222, Dreadnought-class WarShip, Second paragraph, first sentence:
...carried massive numbers of naval autocannons,...
Delete "naval", as the naval autocannon is a capital weapon.
...both naval-grade and fighter-scale.
Should "naval-grade" be replaced by "capital"?
Combining these two changes results in this sentence:
...carried massive numbers of autocannons, both capital and fighter-scale.

Page 222, Dreadnought class WarSihp, Stat block, Ammunition.
240 rounds NAC/10 ammunition (48 Tons),...
Tons should be lowercase to match the other tons in the line.
Be the Loremaster:

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: 07 July 2011, 18:29:10 »
Not sure if this is really an errata but in this book the New Syrtis class ships are called Carriers (p. 69, p. 220-221) but in TR3075 p. 234 (the Robinson entry) they are referred to as Fighter Cruisers.  I guess both terms could be interchangeable but just thought I'd mention it in case 1 or the other is wrong.

drakensis

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: 09 July 2011, 17:35:31 »
pdf
pg 109
"Tancredi IV, a lightly populated world that had long wavered in allegiance between the Suns and the Alliance,"

"Tancredi IV, former capital of the Draconis March, had wavered in allegiance between the Suns and the Alliance since the transfer of political power to Robinson following the Davion Civil War"
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: 10 July 2011, 07:52:00 »
Page 70:
Both the SLDF and the AFFS had closely monitored the Malagrotta system since the incident there five years earlier. While Taurian
WarShips had been seen patrolling the region ever since, they had not returned to the system. Still, IV Corps commander Major General Amar Lagat erred on the side of caution and tasked two strong naval strike squadrons to pacify the system. Encountering no resistance, the Sixteenth Division followed, quickly taking control of Malagrotta, Fontana and a dozen more moons and asteroids with mining concerns

There are a couple of problems here- first the 16th Division is part of VI Corps, not 4th (per deployment table p. 142 and listings on page 65.)  Per the deployment table (p. 142) it is correct that 16th Division secured Malagrotta in 2578.  The commander of the VI Corps is Major General Harmond Vriss.

The correction is:
Still, VI Corps commander Major General Harmond Vriss erred on the side of caution and tasked two strong naval strike squadrons to pacify the system.

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 10 July 2011, 12:30:54 »
pg 129
It says the VIII Corps was deployed from 2590- the text and deployment tables show VIII being stationed on Chahar at the jump off point of the campaign and deployed to Buckland in the RWR in 2582.

Correction- remove the deployment note from pg 129

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 11 July 2011, 12:04:26 »
There are several issues with the AFFS and TDF fleet assignments.

page 67:
The AFFS fleet at Malagrotta has Leopard CVs in 2573- per TR3057R p. 14 the Leopard CV was not introduced until 2581.

Page 69
The AFFS  & TDF fleets at Tentativa in 2577 have Leopard CVs in 2573- per TR3057R p. 14 the Leopard CV was not introduced until 2581.
The AFFS has 4 Aegis Cruiser - per TR3057R p. 142 the Aegis were not reactivated and turned over to the IS states until 2582.
The AFFS has 5 Barons - per TR3057R p. 200 the SLDF did not turn the Barons over the IS states until 2582.
The AFFS has 7 Davion I Destroyers.  Per TR3057R p. 204 all but 3 of the Davion Is were leased to the SLDF during the"build-up to the Reunification War"  Per the Whirlwind entry p. 134, the ships were provided to the SLDF as part of Directive 22, which according to H:RW p. 21 was issued in April of 2575. 

Corrections-
The Leopard CV, Aegis & Baron should be replaced by ships appropriate to 2573 & 2577
The AFFS should only deploy a maximum of 3 Davion I Destroyers at Tentativa.

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 22 July 2011, 08:01:31 »
Page 101

"(all three regiments of the Chasseurs à Cheval and Samuelson’s Slaughterers)"

There are 4 regiments in the Chasseuers a Cheval. 
Correction: remove the word all from the sentence.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #53 on: 22 July 2011, 09:54:56 »
Historical: Reunification War (PDF)
Pg 13, Last line
Passage:

The next century and half would see near-continuous conflict.

Issue:
Missing word.

Suggested correction:
The next century and a half would see near-continuous conflict.

CDT Special Agent #343

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 22 July 2011, 10:11:27 »
Page 110:
Two battalions—one BattleMech and one infantry—of SLDF VI Corps troops had landed on Bad News and Niles in November 2572 (24 November and 11 November, respectively) to enforce Directive 21.

Page 111:
Between 2572 and 2577, VI Corps rotated its troops on Bad News and Niles every year, a practice ended by Forlough

VI Corps was deployed in the Concordat.  In 2581 II Corps was deployed on Niles and V Corps was deployed on Bad News.

Correction Change the first sentence to:
 Two battalions—one BattleMech and one infantry—of SLDF II Corps troops had landed on Bad News, while V Corps landed on Niles in November 2572 (24 November and 11 November, respectively) to enforce Directive 21.

The second sentence:
Between 2572 and 2577, II Corps and V Corps rotated their troops on Bad News and Niles every year, a practice ended by Forlough

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #55 on: 22 July 2011, 15:44:37 »
Pg 15, Uniting the Houses, 3rd paragraph
Passage:

The Andurien Peace Treaty of 2556 is commonly acknowledged as the end-date for the Age of War but it
is often overlooked in favor of the Treaty of Geneva agreed in parallel.

Issue:
Missing word.

Suggested correction:
The Andurien Peace Treaty of 2556 is commonly acknowledged as the end-date for the Age of War but it
is often overlooked in favor of the Treaty of Geneva agreed to in parallel.

CDT Special Agent #343

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #56 on: 22 July 2011, 16:05:55 »
Pg 20, sidebar, 1st paragraph
Passage:

It is truly sad, but it seems that the cost of a united Humanity will paid in blood.

Issue:
Missing word.

Suggested correction:
It is truly sad, but it seems that the cost of a united Humanity will be paid in blood.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2011, 10:28:25 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #57 on: 22 July 2011, 16:08:07 »
Pg 20, sidebar, 4th paragraph
Passage:

If the Star League is forced to fight peace, it will be a fight to the death.

Issue:
Missing word.

Suggested correction:
If the Star League is forced to fight for peace, it will be a fight to the death.
« Last Edit: 26 July 2011, 10:29:05 by 00Dawg »

CDT Special Agent #343

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 22 July 2011, 16:09:48 »
Page 106
On the map Schirmack is misspelled Schirmeck.  I assume the spelling with the "a" is correct because that is what is used everywhere else in the book.

Page  141 OWA deployment tables
2nd Alliance Armored Division 2584 & 2585 column- Quantraine is missing the "e" at the end.
17th Galedon Regulars 2581 column - Sevon is misspelled Sevron

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #59 on: 26 July 2011, 10:30:07 »
Pg 26, Military Regions and Army Groups
Passage:

In reality, however, only a single SLDF corps was
deployed in each military region at the time of the Reunification
War, while the respective House’s own forces were originally considered by Noruff-Cameron the remainder of the corresponding
army group.

Issue:
Missing words.

Suggested correction:
In reality, however, only a single SLDF corps was
deployed in each military region at the time of the Reunification
War, while the respective House’s own forces were originally considered by Noruff-Cameron to be the remainder of the corresponding
army group.

CDT Special Agent #343

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #60 on: 26 July 2011, 11:31:18 »
Page 106
On the map Schirmack is misspelled Schirmeck.  I assume the spelling with the "a" is correct because that is what is used everywhere else in the book.

Schirmeck is the correct spelling. Schirmack is a typo.

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #61 on: 26 July 2011, 11:52:20 »
Pg 34, Military Regions and Army Groups
Passage:

This led to more than a century of battling among the Capellan
colonels for their own pieces of the pie, watched carefully by the
Maskirovka and their Chancellor to ensure of no disloyalty.

Issue:
Misworded.

Suggested Correction:
This led to more than a century of battling among the Capellan
colonels for their own pieces of the pie, watched carefully by the
Maskirovka and their Chancellor to ensure there was no disloyalty.

CDT Special Agent #343

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 30 July 2011, 07:01:26 »
Page 221
New Syrtis Carrier Stat Block
In both the FR/FL and AR/AL arcs the Barracuda Launchers have the number 4 listed in the class column and the class of capital missile is wrapped around to the next line

FR/FL (126 heat)
2 NAC/10 60 20 20 20 — Capital AC (40 rounds)
2 Barracuda (40 rounds) 20 4 4 4 4
Capital Missile

3 LRM 20 18 4 (36) 4 (36) 4 (36) — LRM
(60 rounds)
2 Large Lasers 28 4 (36) 2 (16) — — Laser
4 Medium Lasers
4 Machine Guns 0 1 (8) — — — Point Defense (200 rounds)

Remove the extra 4 and put the value Capital Missile in the class column.

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: 30 July 2011, 07:50:08 »
Page 103
Early Dawn, Lockton, Hastur, Zatharas and Krimari were occupied by the suddenly-buoyant SLDF, with Joyz and
Brixtana seized in the first six weeks of 2584.

Correct spelling is Zathras

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 30 July 2011, 09:25:17 »
Not sure if this is actually an errata or an intentional in universe error but I thought I would report it just in case

Page 102
All inhabited worlds within thirty light years of the capital were in SLDF hands, and while the border remained porous to JumpShip traffic, it was a grave psychological blow.

At this time it does not appear that Mangor was captured.  From my measurements Mangor is within 30 light years of Canopus IV so the statement on Page 102 is incorrect.  If this not intended as an in universe error then either Mangor should be captured at this point or the statement should be changed to:

Almost all inhabited worlds within thirty light years of the capital were in SLDF hands, and while the border remained porous to JumpShip traffic, it was a grave psychological blow.

ArcaneRaven

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: 09 August 2011, 09:49:12 »
Quote from: H:RW, page 16, left side-bar
[...] settling on Canopus where she established the Magistracy Free State in 2531.

Correction:

[...] settling on Canopus where she established the Magistracy of Canopus in 2530.

=================================================================

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, page 16, left side-bar
[...] and by 2548, seventeen years after landing on Canopus, [...]

Correction:

[...] and by 2548, eighteen years after landing on Canopus, [...]

=================================================================

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, page 13
[...] the Taurian Concordat emerged in 2335 (though it
had existed as the Calderon Protectorship for 80 years), the Rim Worlds Republic in 2250,
the Outworlds Alliance in 2417 and the Magistracy of Canopus in 2531.

Correction:

[...] the Taurian Concordat emerged in 2335 (though it
had existed as the Calderon Protectorship for 80 years), the Rim Worlds Republic in 2250,
the Outworlds Alliance in 2417 and the Magistracy of Canopus in 2530.

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #66 on: 21 August 2011, 10:20:55 »
Initial PDF Release

Page 206, Hipparch

Technology Base should be "Inner Sphere (Intro)".

Page 207, Dragonfly

Page 209, Talos

Page 212, Tiger Medium Tank

Granite

• Recruit
« Reply #67 on: 29 August 2011, 13:43:33 »
Continuity error
p112: Bryceland planetary capital named Golden Bay
Royalty and Rogues p.9 Bryceland capital named Harland´s Port

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #68 on: 14 September 2011, 12:44:59 »
(Missing word here, probably 'ambush', but that would make the 'unsuccessful' somewhat redundant.)

Suggested correction:
... captured by Cassandra Varnay’s after springing an ambush that backfired; Gordon and his men ...
Page 211, Notable Crews
Further Suggested Correction:
... captured by Cassandra Varnay’s forces after springing an ambush that backfired; Gordon and his men ...

CDT Special Agent #343

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 12 October 2011, 07:54:45 »
Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy,  p. 141, Outworlds Alliance Front, Deployment table, V Corps (continued)

Issue:

In the entry for 2581, the 43rd Brigade and 45th Brigade of the 15th Division are shown as being on Wiesau. The correct spelling of the planet's name is Weisau. Weisau is spelt correctly elsewhere, and only appears to be in error on this table.

Suggested Correction:

Change the entries on P. 141 to Weisau.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Blackjack Jones

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: 28 October 2011, 21:56:33 »
Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, pg. 67, Malagrotta, Taurian Order of Battle

"4 Jumbo-class DropShips (2 escaped, 3 destroyed)"

Issue: Total count doesn't add up.

Suggested Correction:

Given that the Taurian fleet had a total of 10 dropship collars and 6 of them were taken up by Manatees, 4 total Jumbos seems correct.
Reduce either the count of escaped or destroyed Jumbos by one, whichever the writers/TPTB feel is correct.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 31 October 2011, 08:39:16 »
Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 42, "Alliance Borderers"
Formed alongside the Alliance Grenadiers in late 2582, the Borderers received their baptism of fire on Cerberus, facing the SLDF’s Fourth and Fifth Divisions. They fought a guerrilla campaign against the Star League divisions for well over a year, preventing the complete loss of the important world.

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 123, "Cerberus and the Baby Killers"
Chairman Nordd had placed two full BattleMech battalions of the newly formed Alliance Grenadiers there, supported by a regiment of armor.

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Militia & Pitcairn Legion"
Alliance Borderers: Alpheratz/Lushann (2583), Lushann (2584), Lushann (2585)
Alliance Grenadiers: Alpheratz/Cerberus (2583), Cerberus (2584), Cerberus (2585)

Issue: Page 42 indicates that the Alliance Borderers fought on Cerberus, but the unit deployment tables on P. 141 indicate that the Alliance Borderers fought on Lushann, and that the Alliance Grenadiers fought on Cerberus. Page 123 also indicates that the Alliance Grenadiers fought on Cerberus; no mention is made of the Borderers.

Suggested Correction: Change the mention of the Alliance Borderers on page 42 to Alliance Grenadiers.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: 11 January 2012, 03:49:18 »
Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 103, "Thurrock (July 2583)"
Most of the MAF navy was employed in the operation, protecting two regiments of mercenaries (Kincani's Dragoons, veterans of Meadowvale, and Force Majoris) as well as the Second Canopian Grenadiers.

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 103, "Thurrock (July 2583)"
In a two-day running battle, almost the entire MAF navy was wiped out and three regiments of troops were taken prisoner.

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 104, "Canopus (March-April 2584)"
Facing them were six MAF and mercenary units - the Magestrix' Guard, the First and Third Canopian Fusiliers, the First Grenadiers, the Canopian Cuirassiers and The Red Hand.

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 104, "Canopus (March-April 2584)"
Elsewhere the MAF came off significantly less well - the First Grenadiers found themselves with their backs against the Thetis River and were systematically reduced by their opponents in the Fifty-eigth Brigade. Only two companies were able to force a crossing and were later absorbed into the Second Grenadiers to make good that unit's losses against the Sixtieth Brigade.

Issue: Page 104 indicates that the survivors of the 1st Canopian Grenadiers on Canopus were folded into the 2nd Canopian Grenadiers to replace losses in the latter unit, but page 103 indicates that the 2nd Canopian Grenadiers were captured at Thurrock and were never on Canopus, while the deployment table on page 151 also shows the 2nd Grenadiers as being wiped out at Thurrock, and not present on Canopus.

Suggested Correction: Given that page 104 states that the 3rd Fusiliers fought the 3rd Marik Militia and the 35th Royal CAAN Regiments and The Red Hand fought the 5th Marik Militia, either the 1st Canopian Fusiliers or the Canopian Cuirassiers must have been fighting the 60th Brigade on the first day. Change the mention of the 2nd Grenadiers to either the 1st Fusiliers or the Cuirassiers.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 16 January 2012, 06:25:00 »
Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 94, "The Canopian Campaign"
We're up against whores and deserters. How much trouble do you think they can be? - General William Denning, Commanding SLDF 335th BattleMech Division, 2577

Issue: The quote given is from the officer commanding the 335th BattleMech Division in 2577. The 335th BattleMech Division doesn't seem to exist in 2577, though; the SLDF divisions are in a numerical order within the initial Corps as detailed in the various deployment tables in Historical: Reunification War. The numerically highest Division recorded elsewhere within any of the tables is the 32nd Division (although as a seperate problem, there appear to be two 32nd Divisions). Added to this, although p. 27 details the planned organization and nomenclature of Divisions within the SLDF, none of the Divisions listed in Historical: Reunification War appear to use a designation that includes terms like BattleMech Division, Mechanized Division, etc.

Where the 335th BattleMech Division does exist is within the VII Corps unit roster given in the Star League sourcebook on page 141, but that's set 200 years later. This makes me think that sources got a little confused.

Suggested Correction: Change the title "Commanding SLDF 335th BattleMech Division" to Commanding either the 19th Division, 20th Division or 21st Royal Division, as those are the three divisions within VII Corps that fought the Magistracy Campaign. None of the Division COs are listed anywhere within the chapter covering the Magistracy campaign, so there's no risk of contradictions. Given the fairly arrogant tone taken, the 21st Royal Division and General William Denning might be a perfect match!

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: 16 January 2012, 13:56:34 »
Issue: The entry on page 102 headed "Afarsin, Adherlwin, Megarez and Nobel (March-April 2583)" states that that all four worlds were captured within a few weeks in 2583, completing the encirclement of Canopus IV. The deployment tables on pages 148-149 show that Afarsin, Nobel and Megarez were all attacked in 2583, but not Adherlwin; instead, it shows Adherlwin was attacked in 2582 by the 60th Brigade and the 403rd Independent Regiment, and while the 403rd isn't shown as being active in 2583, the 60th Brigade is shown to be attacking Early Dawn. That makes the deployment tables inconsistent with the text, or vice versa.

Suggested Correction: Amend the deployment table to show Adherlwin being attacked in 2583, and as the text on page 105 doesn't specify which units attacked the four worlds, change which brigade led the attack.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 23 January 2012, 09:26:27 »
Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 38, "First Marik Militia"
Their bravery in the assault on Tetski, where they served as bait for the MAF forces in advance of the 316th Division's landings, earned the First a unit citation which they carry proudly on their regimental standard

Issue: According to the roster for the invasion of the Magistracy on page 148 and the description of the campaign for Tetski on pages 101-102, the SLDF unit that followed up on the First Marik Militia decoy run on Tetski was the 58th Brigade, part of the 20th Division, not the 316th Division. The 316th Division isn't listed anywhere in Historical: Reunification War. The 316th Division is listed in the Star League sourcebook as a VII Corps unit, but that unit roster for VII Corps is set in 2765.

Suggested Correction: Change the mention of the 316th Division to the 58th Brigade on page 38.

Bad_Syntax

• Lieutenant
    • Battletech Engineer
« Reply #76 on: 15 March 2012, 18:32:40 »
The ages old New Vandenberg/New Vandenburg naming raises its ugly head again, either the system name is wrong, or the other dozens of spellings of "New Vandenberg" are incorrect.  I think the latter is correct, and the TDF maps on p159 and p64 are incorrect, as well as the first paragraph under David Santos, p63, all of which should say "New Vandenberg".

These are all from the tables on P140-156, some of which may not be errata as much as inconsistencies, feel free to remove them if they don't apply
Page 141, 3rd Pitcairn Legion has location as "Lushann/" - I don't know what this should be, the units whereabouts were not described during this period (Perhaps Kennard, Budingen, Bad News, and/or Tellman IV)
Page 142, 16th SLDF Divsiion has location as "Malagrotta/", I think it should be "Malagrotta/Estuan" based on last 2 paragraphs of Page 71.  It also should have "Estuan" removed from the 2584 column.
Page 144, 111st Concordat Chasseurs should be "111th Concordat Chasseurs"
Page 145, Add [D] to end of Illiushin in 2589 for 4th Taurian Guard
Page 145, 1st Hyades Special Services, its location in 2592 is just "Cluster", I think it should be "Hyades Cluster"
Page 146, Remove Sartu from 3rd Taurian guard in 2585 (it was already there)
Page 146, Remove Verdigreis from 3rd Concordat Velites in 2582 (it was already there)
Page 146, Remove Carmichael from Charmichael Volunteer Guard in 2582-2584 (it was already there)
Page 146, Remove Hanseta from Hanseta Volunteer Guard in 2585 (it was already there)
Page 147, Add [D] to end of Hyalite in 2587 for Hyalite Vol. Guard
Page 147, Add [D] to end of Illiushin in 2589 for Illiushin Vol. Guard
Page 147, Add [D] to end of Renfield in 2587 for Renfield Vol. Guard
Page 149, 3rd Brigade Fusiliers of Oriente in 2584, should be "New Abilene" (spelling was wrong)
Page 154/155, change "Jump-Off" in title to "Loyalty" or something else, and perhaps the 2581 column changed to "2581/Jump-Off" for consistency
Page 155, Remove Gotterdamerung from 5th Amaris Legionnaries in 2591 (it was already there)
Page 155, Remove Taran's World from 2nd Amaris Legionnaires (it aws already there)
Page 183, Kossandra's Volunteers have no unit listed on the deployment tables (like other planets do), is this another planet or just assumed for any non-listed militia on planet?
Page 183, Carabineers and Lancers.  The units were deployed in 2582, but the description says they have to reroll equipment available in 2584 or later, 2 years after the unit was formed and got its equipment.  Recommend changing to 2582.
Page 184.  Calderon Guard.  This unit is referred to as Calderon Red Hand everywhere else (except unit list on p65), recommend changing these 2 entries to Calderon Red Hand instead.

And the CCAF Red Lancers are listed on page 34, and page 182, making it a significant unit.  However, that unit isn't mentioned *anywhere* else in the text.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2012, 10:05:48 by Bad_Syntax »
Battletech Engineer
Disclaimer:  Anything I post here, or anywhere else, can freely be used by anybody, anywhere, for any purposes without any compenstation to or recognition of myself.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #77 on: 16 March 2012, 02:00:45 »
New Vandenburg is the correct spelling.

With regards,
Øystein

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #78 on: 17 March 2012, 01:57:02 »
PDF, p. 169, Forced Withdrawal, first sentence.

In the time period covered by these rules, each side will be subject to Forced Withdrawal rules (see p. 256, TW) under differing situations.
Change to:
In the time period covered by these rules, each side will be subject to Forced Withdrawal rules (see p. 258, TW) under differing situations.

milesteg

• Recruit
« Reply #79 on: 28 May 2012, 22:11:10 »
PDF and print version, p176, "Assigning Pilots".

Problem: The text seems to state that the descriptions of the various military units on p181-184 provide experience levels (elite, veteran, regular, green) which will modify random experience level and random skill rating rolls:

If playing elements from a specific unit, consult the rules provided for that unit (see Reunification War Militaries, p. 181); each unit (and sub-unit) is given a rating of Elite, Veteran, Regular or Green. If playing an Elite unit, the controlling player should add a +4 modifier to the Random Experience Level roll and a +2 modifier to the Random Skill Rating roll. If playing a Veteran unit, add +2 to the Experience roll and +1 to the Skill roll. If playing a Regular unit, apply no modifiers, and if playing a Green unit, apply a –2 to the Experience roll and –1 to the Skill roll.

I cannot find any such descriptions under the title "Reunification War Militaries".  There are rules which provide separate modifiers, but these rules do not specify the experience level of the units or subunits in question.

Solution: Either delete the references on p176 regarding the modifiers based on the experience level of the described units, or insert the descriptions on p181-184.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #80 on: 04 July 2012, 02:09:50 »
PDF, p. 218

Jumbo DropShip is 111 tons overweight.

Soltuion: Reduce Bay 2 Cargo to 1,220 tons.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #81 on: 19 June 2013, 13:39:53 »
Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 136, "Barcelona (April-September 2591"
When the Lyran and Marik corps landed on Barcelona in April 2591 they found the world held by the Fifth Amaris Legionnaires, commanded by Franchetta Wong, a distant cousin of First Consul Amaris.

Issue: According to the map showing the various Rim Worlds Republic deployments in 2581 on page 128 and the unit rosters on pages 153-154, the 5th Amaris Legionnaires were on Gotterdammerung at this point in time as well as in 2581. However, the description of the attack on Barcelona on page 136 has them on Barcelona (it also has the 32nd Armor Division on Barcelona, which contradicts with the deployment table on page 152).

Suggested Correction: According to Mr Hartford's post in this thread: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,30530.0.html he believes the 5th Amaris Legionnaires deployment to be Barcelona, not Gotterdammerung. It would therefore seem best to amend the map on p. 128 and the deployment tables on pages 153-154 to read Barcelona as the deployment for the 5th Legionnaires, not Gotterdammerung.

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 129, "Second Draconis Auxiliary Brigade"
Constituent Units: Second Sword of Light, Seventh Sword of Light, Fourth Prosperina Hussars, First Arkab Legion

Issue: The Fourth Hussars are described various as the Fourth Prosperina Hussars (pages 129, 152 and 153) and the Fourth Proserpina Hussars (page 36, 60). Based on the detail available in Field Manual: Draconis Combine and Field Manual: Updates, Proserpina looks to be the correct spelling.

Suggested Correction: Replace the instqances of Prosperina on pages 129, 152 and 153 with Proserpina.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2013, 02:57:29 by BrokenMnemonic »

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #82 on: 12 August 2014, 04:42:09 »
Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 95, "First Marik Auxiliary Corps"
Marik Militia (4 Regiments), Fusiliers of Oriente (2 regiments), Oriente Hussars (1 regiment), Stewart Dragoons (1 regiment), Orloff Grenadiers (2 Regiments), Regulan Hussars
(1 regiment), Defenders of Andurien (1 regiment)

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 148, "Magistracy of Canopus Front (Jump-off-2582)"
Orloff Grenadiers/2nd Orloff Grenadiers/3rd Orloff Grenadiers

Quote from: Historical: Reunification War, PDF copy, p. 149, "Magistracy of Canopus Front (2583-2588)"
Orloff Grenadiers/2nd Orloff Grenadiers/3rd Orloff Grenadiers

Issue: As indicated in Field Report 2765: FWLM, the Duchy of Orloff wasn't founded until 2691 and the Orloff Grenadiers were founded immediately afterwards by the Duchy. The Orloff Grenadiers therefore can't have been deployed in the Reunification War a hundred years prior to their formation..

Suggested Correction: These three pages within Historical: Reunification War are the only pages that specifically mention the Orloff Grenadiers. Two Free Worlds League federal military formations, the Atrean Dragoons and the Free Worlds Guards, are unrepresented in either Marik Auxiliary Corps - given the large size of the Atrean Dragoons in 2650 (ca. 14 regiments, with two more planned) and their history of federal service from 2528 onwards, the Second and Third Atrean Dragoons could be reasonable substitutions, particularly as I can't find any reference to either regiment prior to the publication of Field Report 2765: FWLM suggesting little chance of their presence clashing with other published materiel.

rabindranath72

• Corporal
« Reply #83 on: 18 October 2016, 09:48:28 »
This one made me chuckle (being a mathematician myself):

p. 83, side bar: there's NO Nobel Prize in Mathematics, at least now.
Although it's possible a case could be made in the future (after all, a sixth prize for Economics was added in 1969) it seems quite unlikely, as mathematics was already a well-established discipline when the prize was instituted in 1895.
The closest thing to a Nobel Prize in Mathematics is the Fields Medal.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #84 on: 07 March 2017, 17:05:47 »
pp. 57 & 187
"Selvin Kelswa II" should be "Selvin Kelswa"
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #85 on: 13 August 2017, 12:19:43 »
* VERSION: hardcopy/pdf
* THE ERROR: massive run-on sentence and differing tenses- "Moreover, there are no dedicated vehicular maintenance bays, while quarters for vehicle crews and mechanics are little more than tightly packed infantry bunk cubicles set into the sides of the cargo bays, while their recreation, mess and common areas for these personnel were whatever space they can clear."
* THE CORRECTION: "Moreover, there are no dedicated vehicular maintenance bays, while quarters for vehicle crews and mechanics are little more than tightly packed infantry bunk cubicles set into the sides of the cargo bays. The recreation, mess and common areas for these personnel are whatever space they can clear."

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #86 on: 21 January 2022, 14:46:01 »
PDF, 1st Ed.

Page 34, "CCAF Stats"
"Prewar Strength (2575)-WarShips: 45...Postwar Strength (2600)-WarShips: 45"

Issue:  In 2582 First Lord Ian Cameron took 100-106 Aegis Is out of mothballs from 2531. Seventy were upgraded and sent to the SLDF, the remaining were given to the Member States. These ships to each House were likely were left off other Houses' stat boxes as well but combat losses disguised them. [TRO 2750 & 3057/3057R. TRO 2750 contains a math error (106-70=30) that 3057 either carried over or retconned the 106 to 100. Assuming 100 is correct, otherwise things get messier.]

Correction: Add in ships as required.  By Field Report 2765 time the Great Houses all appear to reflect those five gifted ships with few variations.  AFFS shows seven Aegis, but they already had at least four prior to the 2577 Battle For Tentativa [H:RW p. 69] so combat losses likely account for the missing especially given how disastrous Tentativa was for them. LCAF shows three Aegis on hand, also easily explainable as combat losses with RWR or DCMS backed "pirates" from the Hidden War.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2022, 08:10:53 by ShroudedSciuridae »
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

csdavis715

• Recruit
« Reply #87 on: 28 April 2023, 22:50:21 »
* VERSION: PDF edition

* THE ERROR: The entry states they are known for their bloody actions against the Second Amaris Dragoons on Timbuktu.

* THE CORRECTION: The location is Nightwish. The error is likely the result of the Second Sword of Light being a part of "Battlegroup Timbuktu" in the section that describes their atrocities on Nightwish (page 134).

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #88 on: 11 December 2023, 07:58:26 »
PDF, p. 169 Map

Elgin
Issue: Until 2878 this world was Chisholm
Correction: Change to Chisholm
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.