Author Topic: 1st Amphigean Light Assault Group  (Read 5801 times)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
1st Amphigean Light Assault Group
« on: 26 March 2017, 23:59:51 »
Another project of mine, I'm doing some work on a rendition of the 1st Amphigean LAG, plus a smattering of the Starwalkers air wing.  In that spirit...

Painted in suitable camo, rather than "Junkyard".

My excuse for the 'MechBuster: since the Amphigean LAGs are quasi-mercenaries, it seems likely that they would not be a priority for requisitions.  TRO 3039 states how the DCMS sells retired Mechbusters to the FRR, and it seems possible that at least a couple of these retired conventional forces might find provisional use in the Starwalkers.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2017, 00:27:57 by Hayden. »
Hayden

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Re: 1st Amphigean Light Assault Group
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2017, 11:14:58 »
Great coloring! I always liked the look of the Mechbuster
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

vidar

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2017, 16:37:23 »
Junkyard is for Office use only!  Like when the Coordinator is reviewing the troop.  It looks so well next to Dragons CLaws >:D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2017, 17:46:44 »
 O0

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2017, 14:42:08 »
Junkyard is for Office use only!  Like when the Coordinator is reviewing the troop.  It looks so well next to Dragons CLaws >:D

You get it!  "If you want to use a parade scheme, you can expect your 'mech to look like this!"
Hayden

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2017, 18:57:57 »

This was a "salvage" job (part of a very large lot).  I tried to strip and clean the model, but the paint was incredibly tough (maybe some kind of enamel or some kind of coat, I just don't know).  I ended up cleaning the mini as best I could and applying a few layers of paint to try to make it look a bit better.  I reworked a few things, added antenna and decided to go ahead and slap some Amphigean LAG decals on it.  I didn't bother messing with the jump jet pylons on the back, as they were solidly on there, and "close enough" for my taste.
Hayden

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2017, 01:02:28 »

'Mech Scale leopard class jumpship.  The real credit goes to Dog Hair Terrain, who developed this and allowed it to be freely used.  I made a few small modifications, adding some "flavor" numbering, Amphigean LAG logo and christening it "Tillamook".
Hayden

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2017, 07:29:26 »
Great looking game piece! O0

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 31 July 2017, 15:34:03 »
Great looking game piece! O0

W.

Thanks Worktroll!

Here's a new piece from this weekend:

This is a personal favorite.  About a year or two ago I bought a large lot of second hand BattleMechs from a local gaming store.  Among the lot were a few LAM odds and ends, but nothing to make a complete miniature (The closest was a Phoenix Hawk, sans "boosters" and with a broken main gun).  Since everything was beat to hell, I figured this would be a great opportunity to do some kit bashing.  The new "boosters" are off the reseen Phoenix Hawk, and I added odds and ends that I'd picked up over the years.  In the lot were a couple Phoenix Hawk BattleMechs, one of which I modified into a complementary "'Mech mode" mini.  The 'mech is painted in a scheme I use for my Amphigean aerospace fighters (ground camo on top, three shades of blue on the underside.

My head-canon: Amphigean Agriculture Inc. salvaged a badly damaged Phoenix Hawk LAM in the 3020s, and enlisted LexaTech and GTK enterpises to refurbish the machine.  The LAM required vast modification before it could be restored to flying status.  It was fitted with equipment that would later appear on late-model Phoenix Hawks, and the avionics and control surfaces needed to be totally revised.  The 'Mech was treated as a "floater", attached to Amphigean Light Assault Groups when needed, until Operation: Bulldog, when it was permanently attached to the 1st Amphigean LAG.  Ultimately, the machine survived Bulldog.  Structurally fatigued and beyond repair with the destruction of LexaTech's LAM factory, the machine was retired and became a museum piece at Amphigean's corporate HQ.
Hayden

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #9 on: 31 July 2017, 19:01:51 »
Well done!  Good camo work, even on the problematic older models there  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2017, 19:45:02 »
Great job !
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2017, 20:34:40 »
I like the Sparrowhawk fin tips. I'm considering doing a bunch of old LAMs in my invented Marik Guard colours; I think I'll steal the stabiliser idea. O0

(And nicely painted too!)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

vidar

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2017, 22:01:40 »
Cool converion.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #13 on: 02 August 2017, 15:18:15 »
Love seeing some aerospace. Nice Job!!!
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 04 August 2017, 22:42:58 »
Thanks everyone.  One more for the road tonight!

I have a couple of the older hitmen sculpts, both in Amphigean colors, this one is the more interesting paint scheme between the two.  I wanted to really emphasize the "skull", portion, but wanted some interesting elements.  I ended up painting a mech-sized hand-print on the forehead (in red, to pop).  It's not meant to really reference the Urukhai (or the mercenary Fighting Urukhai), sometimes you just want to throw a red hand print on a 'mech's forehead.
Hayden

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2017, 18:46:52 »
Great paint jobs guys!
This would be interesting unit to see done with Spotlight PDF series.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 06 August 2017, 20:25:11 »
Great paint jobs guys!
This would be interesting unit to see done with Spotlight PDF series.

I'd looooooove that.  ;D
Hayden

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2017, 23:48:51 »
Because variety is the spice of battle...

Amphigean Panther in ridgeline camo.  This particular terrain is really ideal.
Hayden

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 08 August 2017, 06:36:01 »
I really like the blended earth/sky scheme on the Panther. reminds me a lot of my favourite scheme from Mechwarrior 4, and not far removed from what I'm doing with my clan Mechs. Or will be once I finish the four Battalions of Spheroids I'm brush deep in.

vidar

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #19 on: 08 August 2017, 07:48:58 »
Very nice Panther.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 16 August 2017, 05:18:59 »
WOW! Very sweet!

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 01 March 2018, 06:26:00 »

A group photo.  Not everything I have, but most of it.

Back Row: Phoenix Hawk LAM Mech (03), Phoenix Hawk LAM Airmech (03), Hitman in jungle camo (67), Trebuchet in savannah camo (06), Phoenix hawk in desert camo (04)
Middle Row: Panther in tiger stripe (05), Panther in block camo (17), Panther in Amphigean Junkyard camo (01), Panther in dingy savannah camo (30)
Front Row: Wasp in Amphigean Junkyard camo (33), Panther in Amphigean Junkyard camo (29), Panther in ridgeline camo (11)
Hayden

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #22 on: 01 March 2018, 07:08:21 »
Wow! I love how you used (i think) Reseen Phoenix Hawk jet pack on the LAM's air mech mode mini!

All the paint jobs are just great, my skills painting are suspect now.  So i can just admire what you've done there! 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #23 on: 01 March 2018, 09:51:17 »
That is one nice looking striker group there.  Good work!!  8) 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 02 March 2018, 00:59:59 »
Wow! I love how you used (i think) Reseen Phoenix Hawk jet pack on the LAM's air mech mode mini!

All the paint jobs are just great, my skills painting are suspect now.  So i can just admire what you've done there!

I appreciate it.  The mini was a particular labor of love, and the realization of a lot of careful planning and consideration.  I generally try to use parts from the newer 'mechs when I need replacements, rather than trying to fabricate my own or spend time and money hunting down legacy parts.  I did it for a Nightstalkers Phoenix Hawk as well:
  I also turned a couple original locusts missing arms into "early model/conversion" 5M variants using parts from 20-987 (20-987A/WP), but I don't have those pics up ;)

That is one nice looking striker group there.  Good work!!  8) 8)

Thanks!  Aspiring for a nice looking regiment and support group, one of these days...
Hayden

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #25 on: 03 March 2018, 09:05:29 »
When I see your photos, I keep forgetting just how small the miniatures are! Awesome work.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

vidar

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #26 on: 04 March 2018, 07:53:01 »
You need more Panthers.