Author Topic: Solaris Skunk Werks and Me -- Volume the Second  (Read 96498 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Solaris Skunk Werks and Me -- Volume the Second
« Reply #30 on: 29 September 2013, 04:33:56 »
To be honest, I haven't even looked at what's required for the various new units, though I suspect Tripods won't be any harder than Quads are. Quite possibly the same with quadVees.

Superheavies have the same issue they've always had.

On the plus side, we've gotten most of the 3145 gear working, though Harjel is going to take some work beyond just entering it into the .ods file, and we're going to have to check on BV for the items, but some of the armor is in and working, and the Re-engineered lasers are in and working (though I'm going to have to change the name I think. It looks goofy right now).

We've also added in the DA Availability codes for equipment, and it seems to be sorting them right (though the DA rules changes are still being figured out), but I don't  envy Skyhigh with trying to find everyplace that an availability code is mentioned and adding the DA code so it shows up on the UI and record sheets.

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #31 on: 29 September 2013, 09:14:00 »
but I don't  envy Skyhigh with trying to find everyplace that an availability code is mentioned and adding the DA code so it shows up on the UI and record sheets.

Sounds like it's time for a single method you can call for that :D

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #32 on: 29 September 2013, 18:08:34 »
you guys continue to rock
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #33 on: 13 October 2013, 06:00:23 »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

blitzy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 13 October 2013, 07:27:32 »
They already work on my version.
"..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness."  -Ruri Hoshino

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #35 on: 13 October 2013, 07:52:40 »
They already work on my version.
I see it now, I have to selected mixed tech to add the capacitor. Is that still correct now that the Clans make their own?
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #36 on: 21 October 2013, 18:25:09 »
I have posted a new build 0.6.83 to the site.  It has some of the equipment from FM3145 implemented.  I have to figure out how to handle HarJel still then can tackle the new loadout types (Tripod and QuadVee) but those require quite a few UI changes so may take a while.

http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/downloads

BREAKING CHANGES
 - Any custom equipment files will need to be updated as there are NEW COLUMNS.  After CI we have added a DA column to each of the sheets to represent the Dark Age.

SSW Fixes ('Mechs)
 - BF Calcs now add u instead of j to movement type when UMU's are added.
 - Fixed Open dialog to correctly calculate BV and Cost when multiple units selected
 - Updated Era year display
 - Updated Production Era choices

BFB Fixes (Force Balancer)
 - None

SAW Fixes (Combat Vehicles)
 - Fixed Cargo so that vehicles can carry more then 88 tons.
 - Fixed Open dialog to correctly calculate BV and Cost when multiple units selected
 - Updated Era year display
 - Updated Production Era choices

SGT Fixes (Game Tracker [Alpha])
 - None

SQP Fixes (Quickstrike Printer)
 - None

General Fixes
 - Re-added Recon Camera
 - Fixed MMName for Mek Taser
 - Fixed MMName for Centurion Weapon System
 - Fixed MMName for Clan Harjel
 - Fixed MMName for Mech UMU
 - Fixed MMName for ER Pulse Lasers
 - Fixed MMName for Enhanced ER PPC
 - Fixed MMName for Inferno Ammo
 - Fixed MMName for INarc and Pods
 - Fixed BV for Electronic warfare Equipment
 - Fixed BV for Claws
 - Fixed PPC Capacitor to allow addition on Mixed Tech 'Mechs
 - Ablation Armor added
 - Heat-Dissipation Armor added
 - Impact-Resistant Armor added
 - Alpha Strike Card printing
 - Radical Heat Sink added

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #37 on: 21 October 2013, 18:39:32 »
Thanks Skyhigh!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #38 on: 21 October 2013, 19:06:57 »
Skyhigh, I am curious: when you do the UI changes that will add tripods and quadvees,
will this also be when you add in Super Heavy Mech rules? Or will that be for a later project?

Also, thank you for all the awesome work you do! I wish we could give you more then thanks.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Snake Eyes

• Lieutenant
  • I am here to keep the peace
« Reply #39 on: 21 October 2013, 19:08:11 »
 [rockon] Nice work Skyhigh

Phobos

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #40 on: 22 October 2013, 05:42:27 »
Great job! I think I'm gonna experiment a little with the new stuff for a while now. ;)

VincentDegrassa

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 22 October 2013, 07:31:34 »
Skyhigh,

When the Era is set to Dark Age and the Rules level is set to Advanced, there are only two tech bases available: IS and Clan.  There should be three choices: IS, Clan, and Mixed.  An example would be the Jade Hawk.  The record sheet has it at advanced with Mix tech.

Also Armored Components I believe are Advanced Rules level in 3145 instead of expermental.

Thanks for the update!
« Last Edit: 22 October 2013, 07:36:06 by VincentDegrassa »
Jim Topa
Don Degrassa, The Godfather of Battletech
"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day accept this Mech as gift on my daughter's first tournament"

Proud Member of the Vortex of Suck Merc unit
--Keeper of those in debt and head of J'mes Jokers

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #42 on: 22 October 2013, 09:13:36 »
I've asked before, I will ask again; why can i not add fractional cargo? ie/ 0.18 tons of cargo? Is there a rule on this somewhere?

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #43 on: 22 October 2013, 09:28:24 »
Thanks Skyhigh.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #44 on: 22 October 2013, 09:59:06 »
Skyhigh,

When the Era is set to Dark Age and the Rules level is set to Advanced, there are only two tech bases available: IS and Clan.  There should be three choices: IS, Clan, and Mixed.  An example would be the Jade Hawk.  The record sheet has it at advanced with Mix tech.
I'll take a look

Also Armored Components I believe are Advanced Rules level in 3145 instead of expermental.

Thanks for the update!
We haven't handled the changes in level yet.

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #45 on: 22 October 2013, 10:00:39 »
Skyhigh, I am curious: when you do the UI changes that will add tripods and quadvees,
will this also be when you add in Super Heavy Mech rules? Or will that be for a later project?

Also, thank you for all the awesome work you do! I wish we could give you more then thanks.

To be honest I haven't thought it through yet...but I will most likely be making changes in the same areas for both so I'll be sure to read through all the rules before I dig in again.

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 22 October 2013, 20:16:39 »
To be honest I haven't thought it through yet...but I will most likely be making changes in the same areas for both so I'll be sure to read through all the rules before I dig in again.

I see the big issues for Super Heavies for you being: Heavy Gauss can be mounted anywhere, they can mount
full sized artillery pieces(and yet, I do not believe we have the crits for them released yet), the halving the crits
things take up(round up), and the ability to put 2 tons of ammo in one critical and to double the heat sinks put
into a single critical slot. Those all seem like major coding changes.

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #47 on: 22 October 2013, 22:29:39 »
I'm much more interested in Tripods, myself. The drop-down tab is implemented for them, but they don't work yet.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #48 on: 23 October 2013, 02:36:18 »
Awesomeness! Thanks for continuing to work on this in addition to the MUL.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #49 on: 23 October 2013, 03:37:16 »
TSEMPs, now quickly and readily available for designing purposes.

Heh.

Heh heh.

heh hehaha.

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #50 on: 23 October 2013, 09:07:50 »
I see the big issues for Super Heavies for you being: Heavy Gauss can be mounted anywhere, they can mount
full sized artillery pieces(and yet, I do not believe we have the crits for them released yet), the halving the crits
things take up(round up), and the ability to put 2 tons of ammo in one critical and to double the heat sinks put
It might almost be easier to set them up with double the number of crit slots, and it possible, set up something to handle the rounding off. Or making a whole new module for superheavies that have the extra rules.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #51 on: 23 October 2013, 11:00:55 »

Anything with 2+ crits might just have to be mirrored as SH-only. That might be simplest, but a lot of work.

A.E. Housman

Fragger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 23 October 2013, 13:05:58 »
Or making a whole new module for superheavies that have the extra rules.

Wouldn't this actually be pretty easy to implement once Tripods for regular mechs have been handled? Then you could simply adjust the critspaces anything takes up in the equipment data and change some values for internal structure and stuff like that.
Maybe as an short-term alternative until you've found out how to implement everything into the regular SSW?

€: Reading this again, I think I didn't make it clear enough that I'm in favour of a different SSW for Colossals, at least for a short time.
« Last Edit: 24 October 2013, 01:57:59 by Fragger »

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #53 on: 23 October 2013, 15:17:29 »
Wouldn't this actually be pretty easy to implement once Tripods for regular mechs have been handled? Then you could simply adjust the critspaces anything takes up in the equipment data and change some values for internal structure and stuff like that.
Maybe as an short-term alternative until you've found out how to implement everything into the regular SSW?
I was thinking about what happens if you accidentally switch from superheavy to regular mech and the potential errors it could throw to the system. Making them separate lets the crew work out all the bugs they can find before merging them.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 23 October 2013, 21:40:54 »
Or making a whole new module for superheavies that have the extra rules.

Yeah, I would think(but, I will admit, I might be completely wrong here as I know little about coding)
that it might be easier for them to just do Solaris Colossal Werks after they have the basic stuff done
in for Tripods, then to redo SSW for Super Heavies.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #55 on: 23 October 2013, 23:32:25 »
In the newest version (6.83), Machine Gun Arrays are acting... strange. They don't cost any weight to add to a mech and don't show up on the critical allocation screen. Adding or removing other gear while a machine gun array is allocated causes the same behavior. Loading a saved mech with an MG array returns a '/ by Zero' error.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

CloaknDagger

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 24 October 2013, 22:37:17 »
Are we going to see frankenmechs? It would really be great to be able to edit the structure as well as use patchwork for truly crazy designs.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #57 on: 25 October 2013, 18:44:42 »
There is some sort of issue with HarJel III: basically, SSW won't let you add more than one to a unit. Obviously, that's incorrect.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #58 on: 25 October 2013, 19:02:38 »
There is some sort of issue with HarJel III: basically, SSW won't let you add more than one to a unit. Obviously, that's incorrect.

HarJel work hasn't been completed. It made it into the equipment list but it has some "special" properties that have to be handled in the code still.

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #59 on: 25 October 2013, 19:26:12 »
Hunh. Well, for what it's worth, HarJel II seems to be working just fine.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1