Author Topic: intro your new clan idea  (Read 9478 times)

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
intro your new clan idea
« on: 03 March 2014, 21:57:05 »
since herb needs a tread to be silly with here is the greatest idea for the writers. since we seem to be loosing the clans left and right over the years i thought that we should come up with some new ones to bring back the fun of the clans. YES, THIS TREAD IS VERY MUCH MEANT TO BE VERY SILLY FOR EVERYONE INCLUDEING HERB AND THE REST OF THE STAFF......

CLAN HIGHLANDER: THE CLAN ALL ABOUT BEING SKILLED WITH A SWORD, CAN NOT DIE UNLESS YOU TAKE THIER HEAD.....AND FOR SOME REASON NOT ONE CAN FIGURE OUT, THEY CAN HIDE REALLY BIG WEAPONS ANYWHERE.

CLAN CANNONFODDER: DO YOU NEED AN ARMY? NO PROBLEM, WE CAN HAVE 50,000 TROOPS FOR YOU WITHIN 30 DAYS WITH GEAR. THEY WILL LAST 5 YEARS BEFORE FROPPING OVER DEAD AND THEY DO NOT SUFFER FROM THE STORMTROOPER EFFECT.

CLAN MINION: SOMEONE HAS TO FIX EVERYTHING AROUND THE BASE OF THE EVIL OVER LORDS EVERYWHERE.

CLAN BASED OFF A REAL LIFE THING: THEY WEAR KILTS, THEY PAINT THEMSELVES BLUE BEFORE GOING INTO BATTLE, AND THEY REALLY, REALLY LOVE SHEEP.

CLAN CUTNESS: WE ARE SO SUPER CUTE EVERYONE ELSE JUST GETS SICK OR TEETTHACHE BEING AROUND US.

CLAN MAGICAL GIRL: NEED WE SAY ANYMORE?

CLAN FISH HEADS: SQUISH,SQUISH,SQUISH.......

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: intro your new clan idea
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2014, 08:27:33 »
Hi,

since herb needs a tread to be silly with here is the greatest idea for the writers. since we seem to be loosing the clans left and right over the years i thought that we should come up with some new ones to bring back the fun of the clans. YES, THIS TREAD IS VERY MUCH MEANT TO BE VERY SILLY FOR EVERYONE INCLUDEING HERB AND THE REST OF THE STAFF......

While I appreciate the intent, experience has taught me that nobody with an official developer's badge on is allowed to be silly, pretty much ever, on a public forum.

Thanks, though.

- Herb

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2014, 18:02:16 »
Then it goes with the territory and can't be helped. 

But it should be said that you do an excellent job of protecting forumites from your sense of humor, sir.  :)
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2014, 00:44:51 »
Hi,

You're welcome! Glad to hear I can at least do SOMETHING right!

Thanks,

- Herb

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2014, 00:57:58 »
Clan Homoerotic Panther. because they haven't been heard from in a while....
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

GreenDragon

• Major
  • I'll Have my Roast Beef Shaved not Sliced.
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2014, 05:35:57 »
Clan Death Bunny.  LOOK AT THE BONES!!!  Can only be defeated by holy relics.
Davion, we're just better than you. - 97Jedi
Its like Doomsday and the Apocalypse had a baby.  And its ugly. - Calhoun

Userbars by Notsonoble and xtrahmxwohld.
Live Long and Prosper

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2014, 18:23:41 »
Clan Subterranean Fungus.

Never at the top of any of the 800 faithful's wish list of postings, Nicholas Kerensky tried to scrub this Clan from the books after realizing that he had likely made a huge mistake.  This action served as a trial run for what was to come for the other Not-Named Clan.  Their first leader, Khan Salowycious Toadstool, then raided several secret prison camps of political prisoners and early dark caste unproductives not yet eliminated by Nicholas to refill the ranks of his nearly vacated Clan.  Khan Toadstool and his new crew then disappeared, as if into the very ground.  Sneaking from world to world via dark caste transport over the next three hundred something years, Clan Subterranean Fungus has spread to every world in the Clan Homeworlds, and many more not yet plotted on charts.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2014, 18:34:50 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2014, 14:48:17 »
OK, now for one that is not completely bizarre.

The OmniClan. 

A Clan composed of warriors from every Clan ever to exist.  Sorted/posted by units, or of mixed stars, if the case warrants.  Handy for small and assorted mini collections Brian Caches.  OmniClan units may masquerade as IS units, for example (times have to be really rough, though...) but players should be directed to clarify which Trebuchet is actually a Hellbringer, for example. 

Not to be confused with Clan Omni, which uses small 80s hatchback cars as rollerskates for their mechs.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2014, 01:15:51 by rebs »

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2014, 01:57:35 »
Clan Pesetz (Russian for the artic fox). Formed from formers warriors of Clans Sea Fox and Snow Raven that managed to leave Clan space before the final destruction of the clan assets left behind from their clan's expulsions from Clan space. Started off mostly with second line warriors and scientists (that were not a part of that mutinous stupidity) and a number of civilians (as well as a complete copy of the bloodnamed warriors grafttakes from both clans). Currently wandering the deep periphery looking for a world to start over.
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2015, 18:16:22 »
Yay, another chance to break these out.

1. Clan Iron Butterfly- Found in the jungles of Eden, the Iron Butterfly has the colorful markings of its Terran counterparts, but sturdier wing and body segments.

2. Clan Platypus- Initially released on the Pentagon worlds as a joke, the hardy monotremes survived and prospered, adapting to quickly to life where water was present. Nicolas respected this adaptability, marking the ability to change with the situation as a key trait a successful warrior needed to possess. Nicolas also found the platypode's habit of constantly searching for food in even the most unfavorable conditions as a testament to the need to always gather information. The platypus was passed over in favor of the sea fox, when that predator was able to quickly check the platypode's progress into the freshwater seas of Strana Mechty.

3. Clan Blitz Sloth- In all respects this mammal is a carbon copy of its Terran brethren, with a few notable exceptions. The blitz sloth is capable of living in a variety of trees, having even  been found on the sturdier branches of conifers. Also, as the name implies, the blitz sloth is taken to bursts of extreme quickness. The omnivorous blitz sloth hangs casually from branches munching leaves, only to reach out with lightning speed to snag small birds, reptiles and amphibians, even smaller mammals that cross its path. Nicolas saw the patience of this hunter as a good trait for a warrior.

4. Clan Newt- Nicolas, doing a study of the names at the top of the list noticed something. He had two avian species, two arachnid, four reptiles, one hellion (whatever that was) and the rest mammals, NO amphibians. Nicolas briefly considered Clan Newt, before deciding equality among the animal kingdom was not a necessity.

5. Clan Trouser Snake- No record exists of any such creature and the scrawled name of Clan Trouser Snake was preceded by two attempts in which it was spelled incorrectly. It is thought that this option was intended as a joke.

6. Clan Incontinent Gorilla- A name come up with apparently by Andery Kerensky, during the initial trials for a spot in the 800. While watching a large scale battle, Andery noticed a group of warriors, who rushed their opponents and unleashed a furious barrage of physical attacks, including instances of attempting to twist an enemy battlemech's head off, kicking a leg clean off a mech and pummeling that very mech about the head and torso with it, numerous Death From Above attacks with varying success, and in one case what appeared to be a German Suplex applied to a Wasp by a Black Knight. Knowing that such "dishonorable" tactics would essentially remove them from consideration, Andery suggested to Nicolas he relent and place these warriors in a clan called Clan Incontinent Gorilla. When asked why that name, Andery is said have responded, "Because they are going (expletive deleted) on everyone out there."

7.Clan Orca- Impressed with the intelligence of the Dagdan sea wolf, and reminded of the Terran orca and its hunting prowess, Nicolas originally planned to name one of his clans Clan Orca. The orca's ability to tackle prey of any size or type made it an ideal totem. Nicolas changed his mind however when the first potential recruits to be assigned to this clan took the pod mentality to heart, and used concentrated fire on their opponents. The sight of a mech being blasted to scrap at the hands of alpha strikes from five different mechs, which then went on to repeat the process was jarring to Nicolas' budding mindset of honorable combat.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2015, 18:21:16 by Drewbacca »

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pimpin' Mopar Goodness since the Dawn of Time
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2016, 07:13:47 »
Clan Herb's Cats - need I say more

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2016, 09:53:56 »
Clan Unnecessary Additional Redundancy
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2016, 14:16:13 »

Are they allies or enemies to Clan Redundancy Clan?
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #13 on: 03 January 2016, 14:36:29 »
They're the same clan, like the Shark/Foxes; they even have redundant names.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 03 January 2016, 17:51:25 »
Not to be confused with Clan Additional Unnecessary Redundancy.  Splitters!

Live Long and Prosper

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #15 on: 03 January 2016, 19:50:19 »
They're the same clan, like the Shark/Foxes; they even have redundant names.

Oh, so they're the exact same guys.  OK.
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2016, 17:07:07 »
Not to be confused with Clan Additional Unnecessary Redundancy.  Splitters!

Didn't they used to be the Clan's People Front?  ???

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 04 January 2016, 20:58:36 »
Didn't they used to be the Clan's People Front?  ???
You're thinking of the Popular Peoples' Clan

Live Long and Prosper

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 05 January 2016, 16:11:24 »
You're thinking of the Popular Peoples' Clan

There were popular Clanners?   :o

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 06 January 2016, 03:51:03 »
They come from the Beverly Hills part of Strana Mechty.

Live Long and Prosper

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 14 January 2016, 00:04:37 »
They come from the Beverly Hills part of Strana Mechty.

Clan 90125?

Clangador

• Lieutenant
  • The Pimptastic Purple Pyrate...
« Reply #21 on: 17 January 2016, 03:24:39 »
I've heard Clan Clangluna is pretty awesome.   O0
« Last Edit: 17 January 2016, 12:44:13 by Clangador »
~Clangador

This post "is brought to you by Soylent Red and Soylent Yellow, high energy vegetable concentrates, and new, delicious, Soylent Green. The miracle food of high-energy plankton gathered from the oceans of the world."
Soylent Green (1973)

"Build coffins, that's all you'll need."
The Omega Man (1971)

GreenDragon

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 17 January 2016, 06:34:43 »
I've heard Clan Clangluna us pretty awesome.   O0
I've heard they were engaged in a Trial of Annihilation with Clan Sapphire Wombat

Live Long and Prosper

MoparMessiah

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2016, 01:10:18 »
I've heard they were engaged in a Trial of Annihilation with Clan Sapphire Wombat

No Clan Clangor suffered a Trial of Absorption from Clan Jelly Donut