Author Topic: Northern VA/DC Metro classic Btech groups/games?  (Read 3757 times)

Batty67

• Recruit
Northern VA/DC Metro classic Btech groups/games?
« on: 22 January 2015, 08:50:39 »
Hello. Long-time player (started in 1991) but have not played except one game for the last few GenCons I've been at. I used to play a LOT. Mostly interested in 3025 technology (old, old school) and have most mechs and common vehicles. Also have a decent set of geohex. I'd be willing to try the later technology sets and rules. My brother actually got me two of the core books for Hannukah.

Please respond here if you can help out or PM. Don't know rules about providing emails.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Northern VA/DC Metro classic Btech groups/games?
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2015, 09:18:08 »
Hello. Long-time player (started in 1991) but have not played except one game for the last few GenCons I've been at. I used to play a LOT. Mostly interested in 3025 technology (old, old school) and have most mechs and common vehicles. Also have a decent set of geohex. I'd be willing to try the later technology sets and rules. My brother actually got me two of the core books for Hannukah.

Please respond here if you can help out or PM. Don't know rules about providing emails.

Good news! There's a group active in the area consisting of several veteran gamers, even a couple of the Battletech author group. The next game is being held in Glen Burnie, MD (just south of Baltimore) on Saturday the 24th, in fact- get up there and look for the gang playing Battletech! (I'm questionable to make it due to work, but I'm going to do what I can at least). Game time is generally noon.

We tend to get together pretty frequently and coordinate that via an e-mail group- the guys can help you get set with that on-site. If you can't make Saturday, I think the next event is for Feb. 14.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2015, 10:51:33 »
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/challenges-and-gatherings/looking-for-group-in-central-maryland/

That is the thread for the usual activity in the area. Unfortunately we have a case of the babies knocking out several of the locals. (Hope it isn't too contagious ;))

Batty67

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2015, 14:09:00 »
I'd love to host a local NoVA game. Please send me a PM and we can exchange emails, if that is allowed.

Slappy

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2015, 16:15:22 »
Would love to be on that PM list as well.  Similarly thinking about getting back in after a 15 year or so break.  Live in Arlington and looking for the occasional game.  I have a case of the babies myself, but believe I can still push models around a hex map.

Batty67

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2016, 12:59:11 »
Back up for air. Order a 2-sided mapmaster combo (badlands highway/farmlands) and I'd love to try it out. PM me if interested. I also have a lot of uber-vintage GeoHex.

Rb9777

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2017, 23:29:29 »
Hey is this thread still active?  Long time player here in baltimore.  Looking for players.  A lot of experience in campaigns and running them.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2017, 23:11:56 »
I don't think this one has been touched in awhile.  I am a hair farther south in Fredericksburg VA.

DanghenWoolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Incoming fire has the right of way.
« Reply #8 on: 03 November 2017, 08:54:29 »
I will be relocating to this area soon and am necro-threading this to see if anyone is still active there.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #9 on: 03 November 2017, 09:56:12 »
I will be relocating to this area soon and am necro-threading this to see if anyone is still active there.

I'm in Fairfax, VA.  My current game group will be breaking up when the host moves to Kazakhstan in late spring, but I'd love to get an all-BattleTech group together. 
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

DanghenWoolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2017, 10:21:08 »
Right on.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #11 on: 03 November 2017, 18:09:48 »
I'm always up for a regular group in NOVA where I actually live.

In addition, we have near monthly games up in Glen Burnie, MD.  The next being 2 December. 

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #12 on: 05 November 2017, 19:11:43 »
A facebook group has been set up.  Anyone that has interest feel free to look for

NoVA, DC, MD BattleTech

It will require approval to join, but aside from the person who created it, it looks like I can approve folks as well.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #13 on: 05 November 2017, 20:36:18 »
Not getting any hits with all those terms.  There’s a Tidewater group that shows up for just VA.  Is that yours?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2017, 22:59:48 »
I am in that group, but I do not own/moderate it.  IF you just search for 'nova' it should come up.  Failing that send me a forum pm , if you feel inclined with your info and I can send you a PM on facebook and or add you directly.

DanghenWoolf

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #15 on: 07 November 2017, 11:56:02 »
I created the group but anyone should be able to add folks. Here is the group page (hopefully) https://www.facebook.com/groups/127247461299387/.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #16 on: 19 March 2018, 11:42:08 »
Hi there. Saw this thread and was interested in possibly joining your group.  Most of my Battletech experience is pre-WOB era; but I'd be thrilled just to play.  It's been several years since I was in a group that plays regularly and that itch needs to get scratched.  Hope to hear from you all.  Cheers!
« Last Edit: 19 March 2018, 11:44:29 by Jester006 »
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #17 on: 19 March 2018, 12:18:22 »
Hi there. Saw this thread and was interested in possibly joining your group.  Most of my Battletech experience is pre-WOB era; but I'd be thrilled just to play.  It's been several years since I was in a group that plays regularly and that itch needs to get scratched.  Hope to hear from you all.  Cheers!

They're a good group. Haven't been out in a dismayingly long time, myself (actually about a year and a half since my last dice roll at a table), but generally things are run at Games & Stuff in scenic Glen Burnie (near the airport), which is a fantastic store that really go out of their way to keep recent Battletech sculpts in-stock. Paul is the person to contact- if he doesn't see this thread send him a PM (I'll try to poke him elsewhere too for you). Most materials tend to be provided in terms of record sheets, miniatures, etc. (I think? Not sure what they're up to in terms of miniatures these days in my retirement actually, but almost certainly it's an improvement!)

No idea when the next game is, but they tend to be monthly-ish.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #18 on: 19 March 2018, 19:49:42 »
I just got re-toured in DC, and my wife says she's going to move up from Norfolk, so I might even have a car for the next three years.  I'm in Arlington now, and will probably continue to be after my wife and youngest child join me this summer (the rest being in college).

I prefer 3025, but like some of the new tech that's been added to that era (Blazer Cannons especially, but others as well).

Glen Burnie's a little far, and I'm hoping for something closer (especially before I have a car again).

I'm running a 3053 game on the board here via play-by-post on the Marik Periphery (about as far as you can get from the Clans).  It's a ComStar garrison running from their WoB Precentor during the handover.  They're just about to jump to Astrokaszy, where at least one more PC will join them.  I do all the heavy lifting for AToW character creation with a spreadsheet I built, but give as much control to the players as possible.