Author Topic: Looking for players for Rifts game.  (Read 9912 times)

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
Looking for players for Rifts game.
« on: 21 October 2015, 02:58:52 »
Like it says in the title.  However......characters would be members of the UEEF.  Your ship has suffered a Misfold and crashed on Rifts earth when the game starts.

Books required would be Shadow Chronicles and UEEF Marines.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Re: Looking for players for Rifts game.
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2015, 18:02:52 »
Might if I had a copy handy, or a pdf I could check out, otherwise I'm good with the Coalition and original stuff.

Have every book up to Last years Gencon release.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2015, 05:32:38 »
I would be interested in learning more...

my only issue is that atm I don't have the marines book.

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2015, 06:36:33 »
I'm with Guardiandashi: I don't have a lot of Rifts stuff.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2016, 03:42:44 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2015, 20:17:17 »
Interested, but don't have the books. :'(

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2016, 23:05:06 »
Lack of Rifts books isn't an issue.  Lack of the Marines book is....

The concept is that a UEEF Marine division misfolds and crashes onto Rifts Earth.  I could probably put the OCCs and other data into text files to send, but we're talking the Macross Destroids and their descendants, the next-Gen Zentradi Officer's and Battle Pods, Valkyries, Logans, Spartas Tanks, early-model Cyclones....

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2016, 19:10:43 »
Actually, to be more accurate,while I don't have those particular books, (Shadow Chronicles and UEEF Marines), I DO have a number of other Rifts books, and am familiar with the system, just not that particular setting.  I also have a couple of the Robotech books....If I can find where they are packed away...

So, unless you are absolutely set on all the players being UEFF Marines, I think I can come up with a decent character.  Perhaps a native guide?

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2016, 22:07:35 »
well, like I said, I can provide a list of OCCs, equipment, and even races.

Marine Infantry
Mechanized Infantry
Fleet Corpsman
S.T.O.R.M. Team / Special Forces
Marine Technical Officer
Battloid Ace
Veritech Pilot

Humans
Garudan Cat-people
Karbarran Bearmen
Perytonian Wizards
Praxian Amazons
Spherian Crystal People
Tirolians
Zentradi

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2016, 23:25:26 »
Any of the older Zentradi pods still around?

I assume you are using the downsized Zentradi, given that you are looking at the newer iterations of the pods.  However, a while back, I had a couple ideas for what to do with the older pods.

1: Remote operation...basically drone units.  the original pods, while carrying decent firepower, were hardly examples of pilot-safety conscious design.  Dropping a drone-rig into the old pod lets you use it for things too risky for a flesh and blood pilot, as well as gives you another use for the old mech.

2: Major refits...Lets face it, the original Zentradi weren't exactly tiny.  Relieved of a pilot little shorter than the pod, frees up an enormous amount of space/weight.  It shouldn't be too hard to fit a decent amount of structure reinforcement, upgrade the armor, and add a reinforced cockpit for a Human operator...might even have room for a few missile tubes.

Both ideas benefit from the canon fact that literally MILLIONS of the bloody things were built at one point or another.  Even without new manufacture of parts, the supply should be fairly good.
 O0

Now, the older pods aren't likely to be that popular, even with refits.  So they'd most likely be assigned either to training ops, (As Op-For) or as a punitive assignment.  Piss off the brass, and spend a tour pushing rusty tin.

Of course, now that you are on Rifts Earth, beggars can't be choosers, and every mecha counts...even old ones.

The character I had in mind would be one such pilot.  Battloid pilot, good stick, but with a talent for irritating the brass, so he got stuck in a refitted Officer pod with a number of drone-rigged standard/artillery pods slaved, and tasked as op-for for training rotations.  Good for his piloting skills, as he got a LOT of stick-time, but a dead-end as far as promotion goes.  Not sure what race to make him though. still considering that.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #9 on: 25 January 2016, 23:36:29 »
Well, the 23rd Mechanized Division (player's unit) is on the tail-end for new equipment which is why they still have a good number of old UEDF Destroids, Logans, and Valkyries.

All of the older Zentradi pods have long since been reconditioned / recycled, and even the "new" pods are being phased out in favor of the Bioroid Interceptor.  The 23rd Division still has a number of both the Tactical Pod and Officer's pod in the 54th Destroid Battalion (pure Zentradi formation)

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 26 January 2016, 19:39:00 »
In that case, I'd be looking at a battloid pilot, (Race to be determined), with the aforementioned unfortunate reputation among the upper brass.  (Good pilot, but NOT command material, and for god's sake, NEVER let him talk to the press.)

I'd let you choose his assigned mecha (if any), with the understanding that he is likely to get the bottom of the barrel as far as age/tech level.  In fact, I'm thinking he might end up piloting a patched together monstrosity pieced together from the remains of a half-dozen others after they've been on planet a while.

He would certainly have no objection to piloting one of the Zentradi pods even if I end up making him some other race.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #11 on: 26 January 2016, 19:58:05 »
That's certainly doable.  And in case you were wondering, the 23rd Division *does* actually have power armor suits.  (Early-model Cyclones and a non-transformable suit based on the Cyclone).

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 26 January 2016, 20:10:51 »
well, like I said, I can provide a list of OCCs, equipment, and even races.

Marine Infantry
Mechanized Infantry
Fleet Corpsman
S.T.O.R.M. Team / Special Forces
Marine Technical Officer
Battloid Ace
Veritech Pilot

Humans
Garudan Cat-people
Karbarran Bearmen
Perytonian Wizards
Praxian Amazons
Spherian Crystal People
Tirolians
Zentradi

A Haydonite technician who was responsible for drive maintenance?   >:D

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #13 on: 26 January 2016, 20:25:29 »
A Haydonite technician who was responsible for drive maintenance?   >:D

*snerk*  No...it wasn't actually the Haydonite's fault.  UES Valeria was the space-going proof of Murphy's Law.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: 27 January 2016, 13:02:03 »
OK, how does this sound...

Garudan Cat-man, battloid pilot.

Normally Garudan's are highly psychically attuned, but this character is an atavistic throwback to a much earlier era where physical prowess, adaptability and aggression, rather than psychic power were primary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atavism

As a result, he looks rather different than the average Garudan:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/ef/5a/6cef5a0e038bbc9a564961763e131d64.jpg

Unfortunately, due to his "primitive and savage" appearance, (at least to other Garudans) he is shunned in Garudan society and has embraced service with the UEFF as a way to make his way in the universe as something other than a  study subject and object of uneasy pity.
Now, this would be well and good, but as he is seen as an embarrassment by the Garudan leadership, a significant amount of pressure has been brought to bear with the intent of keeping him away out of sight and prevented from advancing very far up in rank/chain of command.
(It wouldn't do, after all, to have a "Savage" do equally well or better than a "More evolved" modern Garudan.)
As a result, he has been prevented from receiving any awards or promotions beyond the rank of Pilot-Officer, several commendations have mysteriously disappeared from his personnel file, and his Evaluations are routinely "Edited" by higher command elements.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 27 January 2016, 14:33:41 »
I'd kind of like to play a VHT pilot or an Alpha pilot. I'm in the same boat as the others. Lots of Rifts books (and robotech) just not the right ones ><

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #16 on: 27 January 2016, 20:33:26 »
Garudans are a tribal people, so someone on the outs with his tribe could well be shunted to "less favorable" commands like the 23rd division.  One complication is that a Garudan cannot use a Cyclone Veritech motorcycle due to their different body shape (feet and tail, mostly).

Veritech Hover Tanks are in use with the 23d division, but Alpha Fighters are only with the ship's air group, and not even all of them.  Most Veritech Fighters will be Logans and Valkyries.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 27 January 2016, 21:04:29 »
I'm more than content to be a Destroid pilot. I'll tell you what, I'll list them off in order of preference, and I'll let you choose.
Alpha, VHT, VF-1 series, Logan, Excaliber, Gladiator

I take it you're letting us get the minimum attributes for our preferred OCCs? Because much of this is going to be awkward if we roll a whole bunch of 3s and such. ><
Also, stupid obligatory question, how long have the UEF been out there at this point? Would half Tyrolian/Zentraedi/near humans be allowed, discouraged or impossible? (I don't care about stats or the like. Just that if it's possible as a background element.)

« Last Edit: 27 January 2016, 21:06:15 by Decoy »

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #18 on: 27 January 2016, 21:37:03 »
The UEEF has been in space for 19 years.  Any half-Tiroleans would be VERY young.  "Natural"-born Zentradi are possible, as are half-breeds, but still youngish.

And pretty much any of those except for the Alpha is valid.  Alphas are restricted to the carrier air group, not the marines, and there are no Betas.  There are, however, Archon Infantry Fighting Hover Vehicles, basically non-Veritech hovertanks that can carry a squad of Cyclone troopers and have a triple-particle beam turret.

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 27 January 2016, 22:20:37 »
I'm going to request a half Tyrolian VHT pilot then, if that's alright. Basically, a new recruit who was a little too vocal with his questions about why they're off to fight for a planet that most of his family and friends have never seen.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 28 January 2016, 07:33:28 »
Garudans are a tribal people, so someone on the outs with his tribe could well be shunted to "less favorable" commands like the 23rd division.  One complication is that a Garudan cannot use a Cyclone Veritech motorcycle due to their different body shape (feet and tail, mostly).

Veritech Hover Tanks are in use with the 23d division, but Alpha Fighters are only with the ship's air group, and not even all of them.  Most Veritech Fighters will be Logans and Valkyries.

Looks like we have a winner then.  If you could just PM me the racial stats and the destroid/battloid pilot O.C.C.s, I'll see about making up a character.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 12 February 2016, 20:57:00 »
Still interested would like to play, I would like to join.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 23 February 2016, 17:34:15 »
I've got the Marine Sourcebook now, with Shadow Chronicles to follow. Are you still doing this, Alex?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 11 December 2016, 23:23:53 »
* Rummaging around.... pokes head up. *

We still a go?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 30 September 2018, 20:15:10 »
 :stupid:

( Hey now, I can call me stupid if I want to..  :thumbsup: )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 22 March 2019, 20:50:06 »
 :stupid:

TT :)
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

warhammer74

• Sergeant
  • Oh look its a bird
« Reply #26 on: 29 June 2021, 23:28:45 »
When and where?  1st level or can they be higher.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #27 on: 29 June 2021, 23:51:42 »
I think it's dead now... after all it's been 5 years since Alex created this thread...

Nothing happened...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse