Author Topic: Spotlight On (all volumes)  (Read 4257 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Spotlight On (all volumes)
« on: 17 March 2017, 09:59:42 »
This thread is for all issues with all volumes in the Spotlight On series.

Product Links:

Crazy Eights
Crescent Hawk
Crimson Seeker Star
First Marik Protectors
Hellion Keshik
Holt's Hilltoppers
Manyfold Paths
Nakayama's Blood
Schmidt's Petraries
Stone's Trackers
Thermo Police
Unending Faith

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  In addition, be sure to specify which volume you are reporting the error for.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2022, 13:28:34 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Re: Spotlight On (all volumes)
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2017, 11:13:50 »
Spotlight On: Stone's Trackers, I think I found an error:

pdf pg. 11, Under Abstract Combat System Combat Teams

The 3112 version has a unit type of "MX", which should be "CI". Per pg. 326 of IO, at least 2/3rds of the sub-units are the same type, "CI" therefore the whole unit should be "CI" not "MX".
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2019, 08:24:10 »
A couple of minor typos in Spotlight On: Holt's Hilltoppers:

PDF page 2, paragraph 6:

Text: The Hilltoppers’ founders felt it was a great opportunity to strike back against their ancestral enemies, but A liaison officer was integrated into their command due to their youthful status as mercenaries . When the Harloc Raiders sent a battalion to eliminate the mercenaries, the Hilltoppers prepared concealed positions in St. Ives-controlled city they were defending.

The A in "A liaison officer" shouldn't be capitalised, there's a rogue space before the full stop after "mercenaries", and I think it should be "in the St. Ives-controlled city" or "in a St. Ives-controlled city".

PDF page 3, paragraph 5:

Text: A secondary goal was to capture any personnel and salvage any usable materiel in the process, but the pirates discounted the tenacity of mercenaries.

I think this should be "of the mercenaries" or "the mercenaries' tenacity", as I think it's referring specifically to the Hilltoppers, rather than mercenaries in general.

PDF page 5, George Holt:

Text: George Holt is an ethnic Amerindian from one of the world Holt’s tribal groups,

I think this hsould be "one of Holt's tribal groups" or "one of the world of Holt's tribal groups".

PDF page 5, Sun Chang:

Text: The Hilltoppers had wiped out the other two lances of her company, leaving her Third Lance all that remained.

I think this should be "as all that remained" rather than simply "all that remained".

PDF page 12, Sidebar:

The sidebar begins "he continent of Riverland." I think at least a part of the sentence has been deleted.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2022, 19:08:54 »
Stone's Trackers, p. 8

"…Marshal Jon Davion personally led Group II in a daring combined-arms suborbital drop intended to decapitate Blakist resistance…"
Issue: A previous Dev Level Errata (https://bg.battletech.com/forums/ask-the-writers/jihad-hot-spots-terra-federated-suns-group-iiiii/msg486827/#msg486827) stated this was Group III, which jives with other sources (TRO3085 p. 142:Arbalest, FR:Clans p. 16: Delta Galaxy)
Correction: Change to Group III
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #4 on: 19 December 2022, 10:21:56 »
Spotlight On: Crescent Hawks, p. 7, Going Through Hell

Error: Opening paragraph states 3076 as the date. Side-bar has 3078.

Register