Author Topic: Calling all Hell's Horses players  (Read 2886 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Calling all Hell's Horses players
« on: 21 March 2017, 15:40:45 »
So I am slowly getting back into the game and I have to say, the horses are starting to interest me again. How many Horse players are out there?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Calling all Hell's Horses players
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2017, 08:56:02 »
* Heck* Yeah - the horses have access to sweet mechs, vehicles and infantry! They treat their lower casts well and invaded the IS what is not to love?

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2017, 11:17:57 »
There seem to be a good amount of players/fans. The main thread seems to be going well enough as well.

The nice part is that Hell's Horses can take any unit that the Clans have. Its a pretty good hook, IMO.

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2017, 12:34:46 »
What is the main thread called these days?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2017, 15:24:21 »
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=23468.0

It's just a little down the page. Might Before Metal: Home of Clan Hell's Horses II.

Worth noting, it's getting near time for them to start a new thread.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2017, 20:11:35 »
If you need any help, post there... we're here to help!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2017, 21:34:35 »
Yeah, there are several of us.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Elcor05

• Sergeant
"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." - Ambrose Bierce

Xir

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2017, 11:36:11 »
I'm just getting back into Battletech and once I get the right paint colors I'm painting a Star of the old Citytech plastic miniatures as Beta Galaxy. So I'm a new Horse player. Next up will be a star of Elementals to make a Nova and then I'll be looking into vehicles.

For me, the best era(s) of the game are 3025-3076 or so. I really liked the Clan Invasion and the battle of Tukayyid.

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2017, 17:40:04 »
Tukayyid was an epic. Good example of a showdown done right.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2017, 19:53:45 »
Except it used dated info!

We now have Royals and such with proper tech.

Try running a surprise scenario with same map and same units, but with Royals instead.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Xir

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2017, 08:30:09 »
What do you mean? Where do I find this newer information? I'd be interested in trying out exactly the scenario you suggested.

Frogfoot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2017, 18:44:39 »

The Royal Battlemechs were upgraded Star League designs used by the old Royal Divisions of the SLDF. An example would be the TDR-5Sb Thunderbolt, which had improved weapons and protection compared to the regular TDR-5S. They appeared in the Operation Klondike book first IIRC. They're statted in Operation Klondike Record Sheets and Record Sheets 3075 The Age of War

To be honest I don't think they'd make a huge difference. The ComGuards would have had a few but the bulk of their forces were still standard Star League equipment, along with the 'Clanbuster' refits. The Com Guard won through tenacity and cunning, the Clans lost through bone-headedness and arrogance. A scattering of Royals won't change that. Might be fun to add a few as flavour of course, or just because you like the mech.