Author Topic: World Wide Event 2017!  (Read 5186 times)

OrangeWoman

• Boss Honcho, Catalyst Demo Team & Mini/Board Games
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Orange
World Wide Event 2017!
« on: 15 June 2017, 10:11:11 »
At Origins we just announced the return of the World Wide Events. This one will include a Battletech, Alpha Strike, and Time of War scenarios.

Follow the link to see the Facebook video announcement. https://www.facebook.com/CatalystDemoTeam/

Agents will receive the link to the files next week. Agents at Origins are getting it early.  :)
« Last Edit: 19 June 2017, 15:20:38 by OrangeWoman »

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: World Wide Event 2017!
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2017, 10:14:55 »
Just watched it. I am looking forward to it and think our local group will enjoy it.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2017, 10:56:59 »
Big exciting news!  Congrats to the Demo Team on bringing this back!

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2017, 11:18:01 »
Where does one go to find a nearby Demo Agent?
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2017, 11:25:40 »
As a starting point, I suggest posting in the Challenges and Gatherings section. The Demo Team members may have some additional resources for you.

CungrVanck

• Warrant Officer
  • Inner Sphere Historian
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2017, 12:54:11 »
Okay, for someone who hasn't participated in one of these before, how does it work?  Everyone plays a game, one side gets a point for winning and the most wins around the world wins the event?

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: 15 June 2017, 15:20:22 »
As a starting point, I suggest posting in the Challenges and Gatherings section. The Demo Team members may have some additional resources for you.

There are plenty of Demo Team events in this child forum. Why send people elsewhere?
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Mechsae

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 15 June 2017, 23:26:20 »
Where do we go to find a demo agent? There has to be one in the greater Philadelphia region, there's a good number of Battletech players between Philly, Delaware County, and New Jersey.

I'm getting issues trying to load up http://www.catalystdemos.com/ , the page times out.
I'd rather be lucky than good

HardLuck

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2017, 11:53:21 »
"I'm getting issues trying to load up http://www.catalystdemos.com/ , the page times out."

For some reason that part of their site hasn't worked in over a year...
« Last Edit: 17 June 2017, 22:10:34 by HardLuck »

OrangeWoman

• Boss Honcho, Catalyst Demo Team & Mini/Board Games
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Orange
« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2017, 15:24:00 »
Update:

All active agents received their copies of the event today. Now we need to match up players and agents.

There are basically 3 options for this and they are being handled in the Challenges and Gatherings Section.

World Wide Event 2017: Scheduled for when agents have a firm date and location. Check here first. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=57915.0

World Wide Event 2017: Agent/Player Match-Up for any player who isn't seeing any agent running an event in their area http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=57914.0

Agent Application: for anyone who is in an area that doesn't have an agent and wants to become an agent so they can run this event. https://www.dropbox.com/s/denrdmds83kiuep/Agent%20Application.pdf?dl=0

Hopefully through these methods we can meet most needs.

Nanhold

• Recruit
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2017, 18:29:05 »
Now I'm pretty sure that in my corner of the world (the Netherlands), there are no active agents. If I'm wrong, some contact information would be nice. If I'm right, perhaps I should consider becoming an agent myself...

BARNESGN

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2017, 16:56:38 »
United States

Brief
3050 New Oslo Free Rasalhague Republic. World Wide Event 2017!
Description
7/15/17 Atomic Empire noon  Durham NC
Scorched Earth Lilihammer 3050

Can you stop the Clans? 
The Free Rasalhague Republic is under seige and crumbling as Clan Wolf steam rolls through the KungsArmé.
New Olso must stop as onslaught as  Gorton, Kingsley, and Thorpe Enterprises (GKT) attempts to pack up and flee.
Clan and IS forces will be available for play in this World Wide Event.
Set up  10 Clan Mechs and 5 Elementals v. 2 Mixed Companies IS Introductory level units.
City terrain and woods will be highlighted
Come on out and have a blast at this reported event.

fuzbuckle

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 08 August 2017, 06:16:17 »
United States

Phantom of the Attic "Green Tree"
2351 Noblestown Rd.

Pittsburgh, PA
Saturday, 8/26/2017 3:00PM - 7:00PM

Lilihammer

Will you be the New Oslo Militia, working desperately to stave off Clan Wolf forces, and buy time for the technicians of Gorton, Kingsley & Thorpe (GKT) Enterprises facility to remove or destroy resources before it can fall into Clan hands.  Will you be the warriors of Clan Wolf, cutting down the inner sphere surats who are pitifully working to keep you from your prize.

Come on out for some Battletech fun.  Beginners welcome.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

GreyWolfActual

• CDT Global Events Developer
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 13 September 2017, 18:07:18 »
With Labor Day behind us the 2017 Worldwide Event has wrapped up. My thanks go to all the Agents who ran the events and the players who participated in them! It’s for you all that the event was planned. Hopefully, everyone had a fun time. We’re looking forward to the 2018 Worldwide Event for you all.

I am now in the process of tabulating and summarizing all the results that were submitted. Once I have that done I’ll share the global results and then release the WWE file publicly. Please stay tuned for that.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

Son of Kerenski

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Everything is AWESOME.
« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2017, 09:10:20 »
Just curious as to how the tabulation was going. Would love to know the outcome...

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 02 November 2017, 06:17:52 »
It's done, thanks to some more awesome volunteer work. I just got the final drafts five hours ago. So now, all I need to do is figure out the best way to share those files with the public and that'll be that.
"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."
-Saul Tigh

GreyWolfActual

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 07 November 2017, 07:12:17 »
-Saul Tigh