Author Topic: Game of Thrones- S7: Let the bodies hit the floor (Spoilers)  (Read 14102 times)

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
Re: Game of Thrones- S7: Let the bodies hit the floor (Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: 08 August 2017, 18:25:33 »
I keep re-watching that battle because it was just so awesome; also one heck of a way to use the Dragon as air support. How much of of the Lannister Army got taken out? Jamie stated they were stretched a little thin so I like to think that might have been the main bulk of the main army with the rest scattered throughout the continent
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #61 on: 08 August 2017, 18:48:27 »
Was that Bronn or Dickon tackling Jamie out of the way at the end there? I couldn't make it out.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #62 on: 08 August 2017, 18:50:37 »
there was still likely an occupation force at High Garden and the defences at the Red Keep and King's Landing so maybe Jamie's battle unit he only had a could of ranks of troops compared to the huge force he had at the attack on High Garden

Was that Bronn or Dickon tackling Jamie out of the way at the end there? I couldn't make it out.

Think it was Bronn he was seen looking at a horse which would have given him the speed to catch Jamie

The next round though the Dragon's won't have it so easy if Cersi has them mass produce those crossbows the air will be full of fire (and not just dragon fire).
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #63 on: 08 August 2017, 18:58:10 »
Jaime's army got hit strung out on the high roads- exactly as Tarly feared.  Granted, no one was experienced fighting dragons . . . and even if they had been massed to resist the Dothraki it would have not been better b/c that just becomes a concentrated target for the dragons.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #64 on: 08 August 2017, 20:23:02 »
I really hope that wasn't the last of Jamie and Bronn. Jerome Flynn was awesome playing Bronn and really shined in that last episode. I hope they both get captured but they will be used for ransom.

The money made it back to Kings Landing and that will help with the Iron Bank and there little mercanery group they hire. They will be making more of those Anti Dragon weapons!
« Last Edit: 08 August 2017, 20:24:55 by I am Belch II »
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #65 on: 09 August 2017, 09:07:45 »
That's quite the drop off in that body of water. It's up to his his horses ankles and Bronn knocks him off a few feet to his right and it seems to be twenty feet deep at least....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #66 on: 09 August 2017, 09:34:09 »
It IS a bit odd for that sort of mesa/plain (which is itself odd for England- I mean Westeros!), but they were headed for the region's bridge so . . .
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 09 August 2017, 09:41:00 »
England? It's shot in Ireland, Spain, Malta, Morocco and Croatia.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #68 on: 09 August 2017, 09:47:14 »
Sure, but the map for Martin's world is a stretched map of Europe & the Med . . . High Garden is placed where Wales is and I do not recall seeing any terrain like that on my train ride through Wales.
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #69 on: 13 August 2017, 21:28:45 »
Dani will eventually find out that Jon died and was resurrected.  They keep teasing with that and their relationship is changing.  Jon was also accepted by Drogon . . . which one accepted Tyrion when he tried to free them?

So the last two episodes will be the capture of the undead, the truce and Dani's shift to face off against the army of the dead.  If you go by the fortune-teller's prediction Cersei is not pregnant.  I think that could easily be the case, just using it to control Jaime against Tyrion and his doubts.  Jaime is slipping away from Cersei's power, might even say he is growing up which he had not before until he slew the Mad King.  The punishment of Bronn will be interesting to see if it happens, it could be what turns Jaime.
Colt Ward

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #70 on: 14 August 2017, 03:53:19 »
Re Bronn's punishment

Might we see Bronn vs The Mountain Ser John Strong
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 14 August 2017, 04:07:47 »
Dani will eventually find out that Jon died and was resurrected.  They keep teasing with that and their relationship is changing.  Jon was also accepted by Drogon . . . which one accepted Tyrion when he tried to free them?

So the last two episodes will be the capture of the undead, the truce and Dani's shift to face off against the army of the dead.  If you go by the fortune-teller's prediction Cersei is not pregnant.  I think that could easily be the case, just using it to control Jaime against Tyrion and his doubts.  Jaime is slipping away from Cersei's power, might even say he is growing up which he had not before until he slew the Mad King.  The punishment of Bronn will be interesting to see if it happens, it could be what turns Jaime.

It was so close to Dani discovering that about Jon I wonder how differently she'd look at him then?  But when he stood up to her in the planning room and when Drogon approached him she began to see him differently and think... wait a minute how does that work?  I see Mormont sacrificing himself for Jon above the wall something else that pushes Daenerys into trusting him.

Jamie will figure out that fighting the dead is the important fight and join Jon and Dani probably bumping off Cersei

Littlefinger needs to meet the end of Arya's blade even if he is onto her I don't think he's beaten her.
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 14 August 2017, 09:24:14 »
So the TV show has all but explicitly confirmed R+L=J.  Last night we had that "blink and you'll miss it" statement that some prince named Rhaegar had his marriage secretly annulled so he could marry some other gal.  (love how the show played that relevation down by having Sam's rant about windows and shits prematurely end the reveal)

I'm sure it'll turn up that the book Gilly was reading from is one of the books Sam stole when he fled the Citadel.  That's *got* to be a Chekhov's Gun.. we'll absolutely see that tidbit of information come up again.  Presumably so that Jon can not only learn of his parentage, but also of his true-born status.  Uh oh Dany... someone's got a more direct claim to the throne than you!  The show ditched the Jon Connington storyline from the books, but it looks like we're still on course to seeing Dany clash with the notion that she's not the direct successor to the Mad King afterall.

Oh and Cersei's preggers! I'm gonna predict that I think it's actually true and not a scheme of hers to keep Jaime wrapped around her finger.  It *could* be a scheme, but I think she's able to manipulate Jaime just fine without such shenanigans and what's more, I think she *knows* she can manipulate Jaime without such shenanigans.  Of course Maggy's prophecy says she'd only have 3 children, so a 4th should be out of the question.  But the TV show already suggested that she DID have 4..in one of the season 1 episodes Cersei admitted that she killed one of her own "dark haired" kids that Robert actually did sire with her.  It hasn't been referenced since, and she might have been lying about it, but still.  From her own mouth she's had 4 kids already.  Regardless, I doubt the series has 8 or 9 more in-universe months left to go in the story.  Cersei is almost guaranteed to be dead by the end of the series, and if she really is with unborn child, it'll make Jaime's killing her all the more wrenching ;)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 14 August 2017, 10:01:40 »
That was kinda awesome when Gilly read it, but Sam to much in the zone and not believing his "dumb" GF/Wife/Whatever just didn't even hear it and care.

IT was just a reunion episode that was really good at being just filler. The episode shows you how the "GAME OF THRONES" is played....put the pieces in place and then action. Its a version of the Game of Thrones tennis match all for the big throne...which may not mean anything if the Blue Zombies have there way. The throne was in for Ceresi with some great success on the land and water, but lost and now the throne is now shifted toward Dani with her taking out the army and with the Dragons finally doing something beside fly CAP over Dragonstone. 
We got the Suicide Squad getting formed with people of a shady past going to pick up a Whight body saying "believe me now"

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 14 August 2017, 11:21:32 »
So its the Tarlys who got the father-and-son-barbecue treatment after all. Can't say I care much for that, should've forced them to take the black.

My bet is on Cersei faking her pregnancy too, and her revealing this explicit control of Jaime will be what pushes him over the edge.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 14 August 2017, 13:01:50 »
Maybe Dickon could have taken the black but his father was too stubborn even if Dani has made it an option

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #76 on: 14 August 2017, 18:21:48 »
Personally, I could see Cersei as pregnant, but that she will loose the baby before it's born, driving her over the edge to truly become the "Mad Queen" that Jaime has to put down for the good of the realm (he is basically a paladin, after all)...and no...I don't think she's already mad...Power-hungry? Oh yeah...Ambitious? Without a doubt...Vengeful? Quite obviously...Evil? Certifiably...but she's not mad...not yet...

And if what I read is coming is true, there will be many reasons for many people to join the fight against winter soon, most especially one blond queen...but it may mean that another prediction won't come true...at least not in the way that people have been thinking...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #77 on: 14 August 2017, 23:18:25 »
I don't want to see Cersei as a "Mad queen".

Calculated, coldhearted, scheming, sociopathic, sure. But not mad.
There isn't a length she isn't willing to go to preserve her familys hold on the throne. including getting a new child with Jaime.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #78 on: 15 August 2017, 06:22:24 »
I don't see Cersei as a "mad queen". She is just a major player in the game, and has the big chair. One side great queen is one sides mad queen. I'm not all sold on her and I'm not sold on Dani either. Both seem like they all have a claim to fame that can't really be proven. When the real news comes out, both of them will lose their power to a guy that don't want to be King buy a name of Snow.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 15 August 2017, 06:36:57 »
Perhaps Jon is the best choice; he's the only one in the show who's never sought power for its sake. (Yes, Daenerys' mission is commendable but that is still what it boils down to.) The best bosses I ever worked with were those who had command thrust upon them. But then Daenerys might sell better to TV audiences....

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #80 on: 15 August 2017, 07:24:19 »
GoT has been about empowering from the beginning whether it is Cersei, Dany, Arya or Sansa. They've been the driving force of the show
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #81 on: 15 August 2017, 08:27:14 »
I don't want to see Cersei as a "Mad queen".

Calculated, coldhearted, scheming, sociopathic, sure. But not mad.
There isn't a length she isn't willing to go to preserve her familys hold on the throne. including getting a new child with Jaime.

How is she did to the Sept not 'mad'?  The book said that about Aegon burning a few people at a time, she did a whole bunch at once.  Throw in all the other people she had killed on her way to power and what is really the difference.
Colt Ward

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #82 on: 15 August 2017, 09:12:18 »
How is she did to the Sept not 'mad'?  The book said that about Aegon burning a few people at a time, she did a whole bunch at once.  Throw in all the other people she had killed on her way to power and what is really the difference.

Why is killing your enemies being "mad"? It was an extremely smart move on her part - finally got rid of most the Tyrells and the troublesome religious fanatics in one fell blow.
Collateral damage? Who give a shit. They'll breed new peasants.

The difference is that Aegon *tortured* people for pure entertainment. The times we've seen Cersei do it it has been for revenge.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 15 August 2017, 16:01:17 »
Indeed.  Cersei has gotten pleasure out of torturing people (even apparently carnal pleasure the last time she delivered vengeance judging by how she ran right over to Jaime afterwards all hot and bothered...) but she doesn't pick people at random to make suffer.  She's pretty clear cut on targeting her enemies... collateral damage notwithstanding.

Actually one of my favorite GoT memes is that pic that lists off the terrible things "Cersei" did, only to point out that it was actually Dany.  Crucify her enemies?  Burn down a holy temple?  Burn down a holy temple with her enemies inside it? etc.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2017, 16:03:36 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 15 August 2017, 16:24:40 »
There's few characters that can say they wear a white hat in the show it's why I like it none of them is perfect

MrJake

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #85 on: 17 August 2017, 21:47:47 »
In regards to the upcoming extraction raid  [blank] , why are they doing that? Wasn't it already established that anyone who dies north of the Wall becomes a White Walker?

Open the gate, tie up a prisoner, execute, then wait. Yes?

ajh

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #86 on: 17 August 2017, 22:15:52 »
In regards to the upcoming extraction raid  [blank] , why are they doing that? Wasn't it already established that anyone who dies north of the Wall becomes a White Walker?

ajh

Perhaps another goal of the mission (even if unsaid onscreen) is to gain intel on what the Night King is currently up to.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #87 on: 17 August 2017, 22:20:25 »
They are not getting a White Walker, they are getting a wight.

Question is how many bits of obsidian did they bring?  We know Longclaw will work on both, and Beric's flaming sword will be interesting.
Colt Ward

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #88 on: 17 August 2017, 22:46:43 »
Wasn't it already established that anyone who dies north of the Wall becomes a White Walker?

I don't think it's anyone who dies north of the Wall becomes a wight; they have to specifically be reanimated by the White Walkers' magic.

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 18 August 2017, 01:25:12 »

Ehh, not quite. Refer the Hardhome battle. They become wights (i.e. fast zombies), and the Night King (or any White Walker, not sure) needs to reanimate the undestroyed body. Before they were aware of the threat, anyone who died north of the Wall with intact bodies became a wight because NK/WW would go around reanimating them. So right now Jon et. al. are burning ALL the corpses they can, north or south of the wall, not because they would immediately rise again but because of the possibility the NK/WW would drop by.

I think only the Children of the Forest and the Night King could make actual White Walkers in that special ceremonial thingy...