Author Topic: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 1944 times)

Hammer

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
    • MegaMek Website
Re: New Development Release 0.43.3 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 10 August 2017, 20:46:41 »
Where does MML keep its weapon and equipment data?  I was hoping to go through and at least clean up the weapon names (the prototypes are a particular mess, ballistic and energy weapon prototypes are listed completely differently), but a grep search through the source files doesn't turn up anything but unit files when I look for weapon names.

All weapon and equipment names are stored in the code. Once the IO branch gets its final pass and is merged. Equipment names will match their names in the IO progression tables.
« Last Edit: 12 August 2017, 17:22:20 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

CDAT

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2017, 22:00:46 »
If you manual input the data for the battle, is it possible to say how many rounds of ammo were used? I have figured out how to put how much damage was done, and what critical hits were done, but have not figured out how to say how much ammo was used.

Hammer

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2017, 22:18:33 »
If you manual input the data for the battle, is it possible to say how many rounds of ammo were used? I have figured out how to put how much damage was done, and what critical hits were done, but have not figured out how to say how much ammo was used.

In the Docs folder is a scenario-readme.txt file that explains what can be done.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

zulf

• Corporal
« Reply #33 on: 12 August 2017, 01:06:28 »
for some reason i'm unable to send a unit to the mech lab in MMHQ through the customize feature. it happened after i completed a previous custom job on the mech. have any of you seen this before

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 12 August 2017, 01:52:15 »
All of that information is part of the source code

arlith

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 12 August 2017, 08:15:58 »
Where does MML keep its weapon and equipment data?  I was hoping to go through and at least clean up the weapon names (the prototypes are a particular mess, ballistic and energy weapon prototypes are listed completely differently), but a grep search through the source files doesn't turn up anything but unit files when I look for weapon names.

They are in files in the megamek.common.weapons package (there's also a sub package for infantry and battlearmor, and once Hammer finishes his IO branch, there are more for weapon types).  Also, for equipment, you can look in common.MiscType, and ammo is in common.AmmoType.

If you're using Eclipse, you could also look for references to common.EquipmentType.name.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #36 on: 12 August 2017, 12:52:30 »
for some reason i'm unable to send a unit to the mech lab in MMHQ through the customize feature. it happened after i completed a previous custom job on the mech. have any of you seen this before
There's a long-standing bug that causes a fatal exception if a refit is attempted on a unit that has previously undergone a refit that was cancelled. Based on your experience it may be it's not just those that have been cancelled. It's one of those bugs that takes a lot of work to track down and nobody's done it yet.

SandMan

• Master Sergeant
  • For Davion!
« Reply #37 on: 12 August 2017, 17:21:19 »
All weapon and equipment names are stored in the code. Once the IO branch gets its final pass and is merged. Equipment names will match their names in To the IO progression tables.

Sounds like you've already done what I had in mind, it just hasn't made it out yet.  I'll just keep calm and carry on, thanks for the reply.

zulf

• Corporal
« Reply #38 on: 13 August 2017, 01:08:56 »
There's a long-standing bug that causes a fatal exception if a refit is attempted on a unit that has previously undergone a refit that was cancelled. Based on your experience it may be it's not just those that have been cancelled. It's one of those bugs that takes a lot of work to track down and nobody's done it yet.

Thanks Neoancient.  couple things in this case the refit was never cancelled it was finally completed successfully. I tried a work around. I "GM" added a new mech of the same custom model from the marketplace and even the new mech wont go to the meklab. so i guess it's something in the mech data file itself.

zulf

• Corporal
« Reply #39 on: 17 August 2017, 13:56:53 »
just had a big battle convoy rescue not load any units into megamek other than my own. first time this ever happened for me. the tons and bv show up but the meks dont odd.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2017, 13:58:51 by zulf »

Wrangler

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #40 on: 21 August 2017, 19:52:18 »
Stupid question.  I just installed the game, but i have no sound.  Is there way to restore it or turn it on?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Wrangler

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #41 on: 21 August 2017, 19:57:05 »
Nevermind, it came with the mute turned on. A friend had to show me since i've never dabbled with those settings before.

As being exposed to this for the first time.  I'm unhappy with the client launch window.  The names of the options are not completely read able.  If there way to adjust font or the button so entire button's can be visible to the user?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Hammer

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #42 on: 21 August 2017, 21:07:20 »
As being exposed to this for the first time.  I'm unhappy with the client launch window.  The names of the options are not completely read able.  If there way to adjust font or the button so entire button's can be visible to the user?

Try going into view-client settings-graphics and you can change the theme(Skin File), that will change how the launch window looks.  As a side note that tab would allow you to tweak some of the map settings (i.e Isometric, Anti-Aliasing, shadows, etc)
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Rince Wind

• Recruit
There ist sound?  :o
Is that new, or did I just never stumble upon that option?

Wrangler

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Dang it!
There ist sound?  :o
Is that new, or did I just never stumble upon that option?
It's just the "Dings" it does when turns end and people type something.  It's view/client options as well.

Try going into view-client settings-graphics and you can change the theme(Skin File), that will change how the launch window looks.  As a side note that tab would allow you to tweak some of the map settings (i.e Isometric, Anti-Aliasing, shadows, etc)
Thanks, I'll have get home to adjust it. I've never seen it this badly disorted before.

Hammer

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
    • MegaMek Website
Thanks, I'll have get home to adjust it. I've never seen it this badly disorted before.
Can you post a screen shot and let us know what resolution you're running at.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker