Author Topic: IlClan timeline and contents speculation  (Read 15953 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
Re: IlClan timeline and contents speculation
« Reply #90 on: 22 August 2017, 01:01:40 »
I don't get the reference/pun/whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkplPbd2f60
Oh and that link is probably NSFW so be advised.  The song itself is quite fine, just...everything else...

Anyway, so to summarize, ilClan is going to be a summary of everything up to 3150, and instead of initiating a 'freeze' in the setting or a timeskip, things will pick up chronologically shortly after as the Inner Sphere falls into a new round of warfare and fun soon after the ilClan is declared.

Will the intro bit for the new TRO, implying that warfare has stopped and how the peace of the masses is kept with replicas of those old classic designs and old technology, be changing at all?  Perhaps relegating to 'yeah that's how it is in THEIR little territory, not the whole inner sphere' because we all know that there's 'everything that is Jade Falcon' and there's 'all those other suratbags that don't matter.'  A grandiose claim of WE CONTROL ALL could easily be in-character propaganda; it sure feels tha tway. 
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: IlClan timeline and contents speculation
« Reply #91 on: 22 August 2017, 12:12:55 »
From everything in the after-what's-up q&a, I got the impression that Brent and Ray are ok with the plot for ilClan. The events, factions, characters, dates...all that stuff is Ok. It was the tone in which the story was told that they wanted to alter. That, and it seemed like Brent wanted this to be more than just a book release. This is me speculating, but I think he wants to add stuff outside of just the book to go along with it. My speculation is some short-form fiction, and demo team driven game events. Maybe a special mini or two from IWM? I don't really know what will be possible and what won't, but I think ilClan is going to be more than just a simple sourcebook release if Brent and Ray get their way.