Author Topic: Help - summoning Davionistas!  (Read 2393 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Help - summoning Davionistas!
« on: 08 August 2017, 00:04:06 »
Okay, I'm looking for a FCCW-era FedSuns unit (eg. Victor loyalist), who use appropriate camo. Ideally they should be happy with medium 'Mechs (eg. not DAG ;) ).

Any advice? Thanks in advance,

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

abou

• Captain
Re: Help - summoning Davionistas!
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2017, 06:39:09 »
Deneb Cavalry?

Starbuck

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2017, 08:25:17 »
1st Kittery Borderers, a combined arms regiment, in 3062 mostly medium mechs (according to sarna.net)

they use a green on green camo. i don't know if they use an appropiate camo on other worlds.

First Federated Suns Armored Cavalry, elite, medium weight, lots of hovercrafts

camospecs says, for ceremonial duties . . . paints its equipment in . . . green with white highlights, indicating the use of appropiate camo.

"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 23 August 2017, 23:03:08 »
Yeah, I was going to suggest 1FSAC (or 1FCAC, depending) . . . I tend to be a 'army painter' though right now I am just priming and experimenting with all my extra Lance Pack Cyclops to improve my product.

Nice thing with 1FSAC is that you can use the cream of Liao salvage- so Men Shen, Lao Hu, Sha Yu, Regulator hovertanks and other fun stuff.  You could also throw in the occasional Clan cavalry design (I used my Intro box TW) since they would IMO get sent some of that salvage.  And then you have all the 5/8 or faster FS designs to throw in there . . . Stealth, Rakshasa, Falconer, Thanatos, Wolverine 7D/9D, Shadow Hawks, Griffin, Nightsky, Centurion, Starslayer, Legionnaire, Phoenix Hawk, Enforcer IIIs, Dervish, Hellspawn and others.

Its the main Davion unit I painted up though I have a Avalon back up for slower FS stuff like Riflemen, Jagermechs, Battlemasters, etc.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2017, 12:05:45 »
Mine! The on again off again Broken Wheel Charioteers!
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2017, 18:48:39 »
7th Crucis? Interesting. The unit's done, but I could see going back to add small blue & red tabs ...

The name is just great ;)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2017, 19:40:01 »
7th Crucis? Interesting. The unit's done, but I could see going back to add small blue & red tabs ...

The name is just great ;)

I just like them for their history in the Battleforce rulebook. Kind of a black knight thing with all his limbs cut off going "had enough?!?".
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.