Author Topic: C3 Computer Systems?  (Read 8987 times)

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
Re: C3 Computer Systems?
« Reply #30 on: 11 September 2017, 22:50:01 »
And don't forget that once your C3M brawler gets into optimal range, it can use the integral TAG on the Master to spot for artillery and/or semi-guided LRMs. And units like LRM-10 flatbed truck and the mechanized field artillery are good budget options since their BV will need to be adjusted for using the alternate ammo.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 18 October 2017, 02:39:58 »
What a lot of people forget when calculating forces with C3, is that often the other side will have more units. BV has a system for calculating a BV offset when dealing with differing number of units, and this actually makes the other side's BV jump as well.  But most players don't do this step, so they run 12 C3 units against 18 standard units (roughly), when with the adjustments it would be against 16.
Where was this rule before it was errattaed?  I think I want to dig a bit deeper on it.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 18 October 2017, 03:20:52 »
Tech Manual page 314 under Force Size

Register