Author Topic: Anyone know what THIS Battle Armor is?  (Read 2551 times)

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
Anyone know what THIS Battle Armor is?
« on: 12 September 2017, 00:32:57 »
I recently stumbled across this cool image of a Battle Armor suit I'm sure is Battletech related, even though the site I found it on clearly wasn't (just a sci-fi portal for game related links).

I don't recognize what this Battle Armor's name is, who makes it, or it's capabilities, and was wondering if anyone around here might know?

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Anyone know what THIS Battle Armor is?
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2017, 00:52:27 »
That, sir, is the Clan Standard BA - originating in the MW:DA game, it was back-fitted into the BT universe. The Sarna page has all the dirty:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Battle_Armor

I'm quite fond of the "Rache" variant, and anyone who collected the DA figures can usually field a Galaxy or three of them ;)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2017, 01:04:02 »
That's the Clan Battle Armor from MechWarrior: Dark Age.

Here's the link to Sarnas entry for it  http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Battle_Armor

EDIT: I really need to refresh the tabs before I post an answer.  ::)

« Last Edit: 12 September 2017, 01:05:48 by Brother Jim »

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2017, 01:45:54 »
Clan Standard BA - originating in the MW:DA game

I thought the Elemental armor was the Clan standard armor? Is this another DA revision or retconning?

WeaponX

• Warrant Officer
  • Ghost Bear Maniac
    • Ghost Bear Mania
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2017, 03:45:13 »
Did you click on the link Worktroll provided?  It explains everything in there.  Long story short its a Battlearmor built in the Inner Sphere by the Nova Cats based on the Elemental Battlearmor.  Another nickname for it is "Rabid" to distinguish it from "Elemental".
"Do you not understand the nature of the Bear?  For months he sleeps in hibernation, but do not dare disturb him.  The Bear's anger is unforgiving once provoked."

-Mechwarrior Zane
  Clan Nova Cat

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2017, 09:03:20 »
I thought the Elemental armor was the Clan standard armor? Is this another DA revision or retconning?

The Elemental has always been the standard battle armor fielded by the clans, but it's name was "Elemental". This battle armor's name is "Clan Standard."

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2017, 14:55:27 »
I did check out the link after asking the question, and found out what I needed to know.

With all the MW : DA retcons, reimaginings, and what not, I wasn't sure if a Dark Ages "Clan Standard Battle Armor" wasn't just some reworking of Elementals or not.

Looks very cool, though I was disappointed that that terrific arm weapon is just a flamer.

Register