Author Topic: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads  (Read 305825 times)

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
Re: Errata Discussion Thread - Questions HERE, not in Errata Threads
« Reply #810 on: 19 April 2017, 08:17:19 »
Procedure question: I found some errata in TRO:3145 Federated Suns that hasn't been reported, but was apparently fixed in TRO:3150.

Should I still report the TRO:3145 FS error?
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #811 on: 19 April 2017, 10:31:58 »
Good question.  I'd say go ahead, just so those who only have the FedSuns TRO know it.  If you wouldn't mind, note that it's been fixed in 3150.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

BritMech

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #812 on: 04 June 2017, 15:34:59 »
Trying to grab the lastest errata files, and they all time out. Server problem?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #813 on: 04 June 2017, 15:41:10 »
Trying to grab the lastest errata files, and they all time out. Server problem?

Hi, long time no see.

Could you be more specific as to which file you're trying to get?  All the core book files I'm able to grab from the main BT website.  Dropbox changed how they link to files, so I had to change all the links I made to them in turn, so perhaps I missed some non-core ones.

Also, I'm releasing new errata tomorrow, so if it's core errata you want, you'll probably want to wait until then anyways.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #814 on: 05 June 2017, 04:13:29 »
I'll be 100% unavailable for the next ten days or so, so if you have any questions on the errata releases, feel free to make them, but I won't be around for a bit to get to them.  However, Moonsword will be watching the store as usual.

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #815 on: 05 June 2017, 20:10:15 »
In my opinion there is one very minor editing problem with the new Total Warfare v4.4 errata documents (p. 20 of the errata document for the fourth printing, and p. 39 of the errata document for the first printing).

Both of those documents have two entries for Mechanized Battle Armor (p. 227). One of them details one change to Magnetic Clamps. The other one lists three items that need to be added to the Mechanized Battle Armor section. They should be probably merged into one list of four items, as it is the way such situations are handled pretty much everywhere else in the document.

---------------------

Also, shouldn't the first post in the Tactical Operations errata thread link to the Tactical Operations Landing Modifiers document in addition to the "main" errata documents?
« Last Edit: 05 June 2017, 20:38:39 by Alfaryn »

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #816 on: 08 June 2017, 08:32:28 »
Interstellar Operations PDF pg 219
Additional Alternate Era Equipment Chart
Late Succession Wars Equipment

Prototype Ultra AC 5 is listed as 7 tons and 2 crits making the prototype inner sphere equipment not only better than the full production one (9 tons, 5 crits) but better than the clan ultra AC5 as well (7 tons 3 crits).

That's got to be a typo right?

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #817 on: 08 June 2017, 10:49:50 »
Are the new "Inner Sphere at War" maps in the download section a product that can be errated?

Maps in question: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=52805.0
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #818 on: 10 June 2017, 16:51:28 »
I'm posting it here, since I don't believe there is a separate thread for BattleForce Quick Start Rules.

BattleForce Quick Start Rules pdf, p. 8 (found in the downloads section on the official BattleTech boardgame site).

Points 2 and 5 of the "Applying Damage" list instruct to go to point 6 under certain conditions, but there is no point 6 on this list to go to.

Judging from p. 230 SO (which contains a full version of the list in question), and contents of the Quick Start rules pdf (no vehicles and no BAR special ability), you should probably either add point 6 saying "The attack is finished.", or simply change both instances of "Go to Step 6." on p. 8 of the pdf to "The attack is finished."

ajcbm

• Sergeant
« Reply #819 on: 16 June 2017, 04:50:39 »
THE ERRATA TEMPLATE

* VERSION: Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
If the product has multiple printings, note which one you're referring to.
    * THE ERROR: Page 75 says the Capellan Defense Force was created just after the 4th SW. Page 76 says it was created in 3060.
    * THE CORRECTION: I believe the CDF was created in 3060. There is no CDF in the 20 Year Update book.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #820 on: 17 June 2017, 13:19:17 »
Hi guys.  Just a quick reminder that, as per the errata forum rules, if you don't know if something actually is an error then generally you should post in the rules forums or Ask The Writers/Developers instead of here.  I try to keep the Errata Forum proper for confirmed answers, whereas in the question forums they're actually equipped to help get you an official answer.  I'll be moving a couple of posts to the appropriate rules question forums.  Thanks!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #821 on: 18 June 2017, 06:50:27 »
The final 2017 versions of the Total Warfare and Tactical Operations errata are now available for download at the usual errata thread links.  I will be uploading them to the main website shortly.  Thanks all for the look-overs that caught a few formatting errors.  Substantive changes to the final are as follows:

TW: added new ruling on Hidden Units in buildings.
TacOps: finalized BV values for all Streak LRM launchers.

Each version has the proper 6 June date, rather than 5 June.

I'm still working on finalizing the Alpha Strike errata: just one or two more issues to double-check there.  I'll let you know as soon as it is ready,

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #822 on: 19 June 2017, 09:33:12 »
The Origins Pre-release Second Succession Wars, page 94, 3rd paragraph. (See Converting ISW Combat Commands to other systems, p. XX).

That XX should probably be changed to page 122, per the Table of Contents.

(No thread for this product yet.)

Edit: Also p. 118, BattleMaster TRO entry. Infobox at top left column of page has Mass: 55 Tons and Mass: 85 tons listed. Suggested fix, remove Mass: 55 Tons line.
« Last Edit: 26 June 2017, 07:53:28 by mbear »
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #823 on: 19 June 2017, 16:29:17 »
Are the new "Inner Sphere at War" maps in the download section a product that can be errated?

Maps in question: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=52805.0

Yes, absolutely.  Go ahead and report any such errata in the Interstellar Ops errata thread, but make clear that you're talking about the separate maps (and link to them like you have here).  Thanks.

kamkaran

• Recruit
« Reply #824 on: 13 July 2017, 02:39:06 »
Great!!
Thank you sir.
Graduated from Soran   University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #825 on: 13 July 2017, 04:12:49 »
As people may have noticed, we lost the last two weeks worth of posts in the restoration.  If you made an errata report in that time, please repost it.  Thanks.

CDAT

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #826 on: 13 July 2017, 16:03:57 »
A question came up and was posted here (lost with last hiccup), the question is about the LCT-1M according to the MUL is is listed as extinct (as of 2901) but several of us can find no sources other than the MUL that says it is/or should be extinct, on the other hand we can find sources that imply it is still active as late as 3039 at least.

According to TRO 3025 "The Model 1M Locust reduces its armor and carries two LRM 5-packs, 24 rounds of ammunition, and the popular Martell medium laser . This version is used mainly by House Davion's Ceti Hussars." It also goes on to say "Model 1E is the Locust variant least produced and least resembling the others . Reducing its armor in favor of more weaponry, the 1E carries two arm-mounted medium lasers as well as two small lasers." and then in TRO 3039 "The 1M variant, popular in Davion space, further reduces the Locust’s armor in order to mount two LRM-5 launchers." So if it is produced more than the 1E but the 1E is not extinct, and in 3039 it is popular in Davion space, also both TRO's talk about it in the present tense not past. So I guess the question is there a super special secret source that only the MUL folks have that says it is extinct as several of us have looked and can not find anything, or are we just missing the snake in front of our faces?

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #827 on: 18 July 2017, 12:54:49 »
As no errors were noted, the final version of the Alpha Strike Companion errata is now up on the main website.  Literally the only change is the alteration of the document date from 5 June to 6 June, to match the rest.

Punishermark

• Corporal
« Reply #828 on: 24 July 2017, 10:54:50 »
Re: the BattleMech Manual errata reported to date: can CGL make these changes to the PDF for re-download?
« Last Edit: 24 July 2017, 12:34:19 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #829 on: 24 July 2017, 12:36:33 »
Re: the BattleMech Manual errata reported to date: can CGL make these changes to the PDF for re-download?

Hi Punishermark.  Your post was removed from the BMM thread because there is to be no discussion in errata threads, as per the stickied rules thread at the top of this forum.

Typically, errata is only rolled in when there's an actual reprint of the book.  So yes, but not immediately.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #830 on: 29 July 2017, 13:33:28 »
Would there be any possibility of getting the A Time of War Companion's Infantry Construction weapons listed on the errata page? As it is, the weapons listed there would make a more diverse selections. Also is there any from the House Books that may need to find it essential to the listing?

Thanks,
Truetanker

( I ask because there is a need for errata. )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Starbuck

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #831 on: 12 August 2017, 06:51:17 »
i am posting this here, because i am not a hundred percent sure what the correct numbers are, and there is no rules question sub-forum for the BattleMech Manual (yet?).

BattleMech Manual, PDF
p. 76, Battlefield Support

OFFENSIVE AEROSPACE SUPPORT
(STRIKES)
Light Strike Target Number: 4
Heavy Strike Target Number: 6

and

OFFENSIVE AEROSPACE SUPPORT
(BOMBING) [AE]
Light Bombing Target Number: 5
Heavy Bombing Target Number: 7

numbers differ from numbers given in the tables at p. 78 & p. 142.

table p. 78:

Offensive Aerospace Support
Light Strike       5
Light Bombing†     6
Heavy Strike       6
Heavy Bombing†    7
Strafing  7

so which target numbers are correct?
"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #832 on: 12 August 2017, 08:03:24 »
Hi.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll get back to you with an answer on Monday.  Cheers.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #833 on: 14 August 2017, 18:32:30 »
Both Light Strike and Light Bombing should have Target Numbers of 5.  I'll make an entry in the BMM errata thread.

Hominid Mk II

• Warrant Officer
  • Unofficial, sure. But better than nothing, right?
« Reply #834 on: 24 August 2017, 14:19:15 »
Posting this from an internet cafe, so can't check page numbers etc. at this time:

The Costs tables list the costs for Primitive Prototype Autocannons and their ammo as being the same as those of the standard production versions. The XTRO: Primitives series describes them as costing five times more.

Which is correct?

Ever felt that The Powers That Were at FASA, WizKids and FanPro never gave Victor Steiner-Davion and the Federated Commonwealth a fair shake in the canon timeline? Then you might be interested in my Victor Victorious AU at

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=65976.0

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #835 on: 24 August 2017, 20:58:57 »
This belongs in Ask the Writers or the Rules Questions board.  It is not an errata report and has been removed from that thread.  Get an answer, then post it.

Xeno426

• Sergeant
« Reply #836 on: 04 September 2017, 13:15:04 »
Bandit (C) Hovercraft G
uses 17 slots, 2 over maximum
Was anything decided for the Bandit (C) variant G? Or has this just been pending for six years? Should two MGs just be removed?
« Last Edit: 15 September 2017, 07:26:27 by Xeno426 »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #837 on: 07 September 2017, 00:20:37 »
Dear all,

I've just uploaded the initial release of the BattleMech Manual errata to the official website.  With this release, my tenure as BattleTech Errata Coordinator and Rules Team Admin comes to an end, at least for the time being.  Real-life demands mean that I need to give up on BT in general for about a couple of years, until I complete my schooling.  I've notified the higher-ups and they are currently in the process of searching for a new coordinator.  I will still be around, but not really posting much (other than perhaps with BattleMech Manual stuff -- that's my baby and I'll be watching over it still).  In particular, you'll likely notice a slow-down in the answering of rules questions, but I'm sure that will be short-term: I was only ever the face and groundskeeper of the rules team, while its heart was and continues to be the dedicated team members who crunched the info and produced the answers I typically wound up posting.  Please be patient with The Powers That Be while the necessary admin stuff is worked out to replace me.

I've been errata coordinator for over six years, and a rules team member for over five.  It's been a privilege to serve the community all that time, and I hope to still contribute where I can once in a while until such time as I can safely dive back into the game full-throttle.

Cheers.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #838 on: 07 September 2017, 03:07:22 »
Best of luck Xotl!  Thanks for all you've done these past years.

GoldBishop

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #839 on: 07 September 2017, 10:11:03 »
@Xotl-- you will be missed dearly.  Many thanks for your time, wisdom, and patience.  Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors.
"Watch the man-made-lightning fly!"  -RaiderRed