Author Topic: Plans for Print on Demand novels?  (Read 946 times)

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
Plans for Print on Demand novels?
« on: 13 October 2017, 12:41:23 »
I've left my interest in Battletech fallow for a couple years, but getting back into the swing of things. I'm an old time fan, with old time interests. I read Betrayal of Ideals over my summer vacation (pretty good, could have been longer) which I understand was a Print on Demand book. Are there plans for more of these sort of books? Maybe bringing the back-catalog back through this? I understand where the IP is right now, & that ePub is the furure, but I'm old-fashioned and prefer printed products for books (despite trying ePubs) so I'm interested if there will be follow up products in this line...

Damon.
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
Re: Plans for Print on Demand novels?
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2017, 13:04:01 »
Things are currently being evaluated by the line developer. While all options are on the table, there is no official word of any formats.

Note: Betrayal of Ideals was not a PoD book. There was a limited physical copy run that was available at conventions, and otherwise it has been available as an e-book. Edit: And now physical copies.
« Last Edit: 13 October 2017, 15:27:00 by RoundTop »
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2017, 14:19:51 »
Things are currently being evaluated by the line developer. While all options are on the table, there is no official word of any formats.

Note: Betrayal of Ideals was not a PoD book. There was a limited physical copy run that was available at conventions, and otherwise it has been available as an e-book.

Betrayal is also available through major retailers, including Amazon. It had a limited early release then a wider release later.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1520399626/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507922319&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=betrayal+of+ideals&dpPl=1&dpID=51Ycq4jwywL&ref=plSrch
« Last Edit: 16 October 2017, 06:29:52 by Bosefius »
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2017, 10:50:11 »

There are plans to make the recent anthology "Legacy" available both in bookstores and online in 2018. The Vol. 6 anthology that was only available at GenCon 2016 is also expected to be available electronically and on POD at some point in the near-ish future. (Source: July 27 post on the official BT Facebook page)

Other "classic" novels may also be made available in POD as well. (Source: I'm proofing three of them now.)
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile