Author Topic: Design Challenge #3 - C3i  (Read 4111 times)

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
Design Challenge #3 - C3i
« on: 08 December 2017, 17:27:40 »
You guys have given some great submissions to the previous design challenges, so I've got another one for you. The last two have pushed you to lighter mechs, so here's one you can easily do in any weight class.

Design a mech that operates in groups of six, with a C3i computer.

To be clear, that means that I will be judging these as if you have six identical mechs that are all connected into a single C3i network, operating as a single force. I won't limit you to ComStar/WoB fluff or tech, but you need to make sure that the Mech makes sense as a whole, not just that it's powerful. In other words, if you want Clanners to be making these, you'd better have a very good explanation of why.

Also, to be clear, I will only judge one submission per person, and it will be the first one you post. I may get a chuckle from the others, or other people might want to comment on them, but they're not contest entries.

Have fun!

[Back to Challenge #2] [Forward to Challenge #4]

-----

EDIT: I know this is almost five years old, but I feel guilty about never judging it. To avoid necro-posting, I'm editing the results into here.

Ruger: Sturmfalke SHD-15S - 55t, 5/8[10]/5, 160 armor, 20 HS, PPC, 2x MML-7(4t w/CASE II), 2x ML, supercharger, small cockpit
   The MML is a really natural option for this challenge, and we'll see a lot of them. After that, a decent energy loadout, and while Ruger said it was weak on heat, it can run/MML/PPC at +0 or jump/MML/ML at -1, which is all anyone can reasonably ask. Vanilla, but competently designed vanilla. One minor question is what the SHD designation was intended as - if this is a Shadow Hawk, it should probably be named as such, and if it's not, it should have a different designation. (It could be, and this might be a quirk of German translation? IDK.)

Empyrus: Coutilier CTL-3R - 55t, 5/8/5, 185 armor, 24 HS, ERLL, ERML, MML-9(2t w/CASE), ECM
   As he says, this isn't much different from the prior on top-line stats. It's significantly more durable, with the Light engine instead of XL, and the increased armor. The ECM also helps to defend your C3 system, which is very nice, and I liked the suggestion of a field-swappable option for the active probe. But it's a bit slower, has noticeably less firepower, and IMO the heat sinking is more than you really need. You're +0 with a run/alpha, and your alpha isn't really any better than the Sturmfalke's bracketing. I'd have liked one more weapon somewhere, tbh. I did like the choice to bring quirks in.

Hellraiser: Favashi FAV-O Invictus - 55t, 5/8/5, 184 armor, 22 HS, HPPC, ERML, ECM, small cockpit, compact gyro
   I'm sensing a theme with 55t 5/8/5, but then I suppose that's the really obvious sweet spot for this challenge. This one goes all the way down to a standard engine, which is nice for durability, but you can see what that does to the weapons loadout. That's probably a bit too far, tbh - a light engine might have done better here.

Daryk: Sleet SLT-1 - 75t, 5/8/5, 231 armor, 28 HS, HPPC, 2x LPPC, AES
   5/8/5 like the others, but at a heavier weight. Having the uniform range is convenient, and while the HPPC/LPPC pair confused me at first, it's a smasher plus a couple crit-seekers, which makes a lot of sense. The AES seems slightly suboptimal - a targeting computer would give the same bonus and be a ton lighter - but it's cool. Light weaponry for a unit of this size and cost, but otherwise it's well balanced.

Liam's Ghost: Gladiator GLD-6C - 55t, 5/8/5, 160 armor, 22 HS, 2x MML-9(4t w/CASE), 2x ERML, small cockpit
   Again this is a light engine design, and spreading the ammo between both torsos makes a lot of sense in that context. Very similar to the Coutilier, dropping 25 armor for a bit more firepower. This one is clearly going for some durability through structure-tanking, instead of armor alone, but the design suits that well. I'd probably have cut the extra HS for another ton of armor, though.

Sabelkatten: Bullet BL-1 - 75t, 4/6[8]/3, 224 armor, 24 HS, ERPPC, LAC/5(1t w/CASE II), 3x MML/3(2t w/CASE II), Angel ECM, TAG, targeting computer
   Holy crap, a different movement speed! (I won't bonus or penalize anyone for that, just surprising at this point.) Reasonably mobile, though, and a useful mix of equipment. The biggest issue with this one is that it's a Light Engine design that can handle loss of a side torso, but the weaponry isn't quite balanced to do that. The ammo is all LT, but one of the MMLs is RT instead, so it'll be shut off by losing either side torso. I'd have swapped that with some of the Endo Steel in the LA. I like the use of semi-guided ammo with TAG and precision ammo, to swat down the fast-moving stuff very effectively.

Sharpnel: Sekhmet SKM-3T - 65t, 4/6/4, 195 armor, 22 HS, LGR w/CASE(2t), SSRM-6(1t w/CASE), 3x ERML, ER Flamer, 2x LMG(1t w/CASE)
   An odd weapon mix here. Usually I see C3 systems focus a fair bit on long-range weapons options, but other than the LGR nothing here hits past 12 hexes. And the LGR is a fairly low-damage weapon, despite its wonderful range and heat profile. On a slower mech, this close-range weapons mix is a bit of a missed opportunity, I'd say. Props for including more weapons than heat sinks, though - with the SSRM missing as a possible source of "cooling", it's nice to see you not over-invest in HS. +1 for the fluff, as well.

casperionx: Stealth STH-C3i - 45t, 7/11/7, 144 armor, 20 HS, ERPPC+capacitor, ECM
   I was expecting stealth armor when I saw this name, and I was going to freak out about the heat profile. But nope, LFF, so it can run at sane heats. This design is a one-trick pony, but it's a good trick. The heat works, the mobility is extremely high, and ERPPC+Cap is a quality head-capper that can harass enemies to death very effectively.

RevenVrake: Semi-Mobile Watch Tower SMWT-01 - 75t, 1/1/1 quad, 247 hardened armor, 11 HS, Plasma Rifle (3t), LGR(3t), mech turret(armored), searchlight
   Well that's a damn brick. But it fits its stated role (and name) very well, and the design is clearly part of a coherent whole. My biggest complaint is the LGR - like I said above, I find it's too low-damage for what you invest in it - but it does have the virtue of ensuring that nobody can ever out-range you (without stuff like artillery or XLRMs), and that was probably the point.

Andras: Thundercrack TDK-A20-J-iC3 - 70t, 4/6/4, 216 armor, 20 HS, LB-20X(3t), LRM-15 w/Artemis (2t), 3x ML, ECM, compact gyro
   Biased towards short ranges, like Sharpnel's. I prefer the LRM-15 over the LGR, but 9 range on the MLs (instead of 12) is pretty limiting in some ways, even if it gives you an extra laser for the same heat. I also don't like the component layout - the AC ammo is in the RA instead of being RT with the CASE, and for an IS XL engine design, side torso CASE is worthless other than for salvage. Either cut the CASE totally, or upgrade it to CASE II and protect all your ammo with it.

Nightsong: Janissary JNS-1CS - 70t, 5/8/0, 178 armor, 20 HS, Gauss(2t), LRM-15(2t), 2x LPPC, ECM, XL gyro
   The opposite of the last, this is all long-range weaponry, down to every weapon having a minimum range. (Good decision calling that out in the fluff, though). Less armour than many, and the first one not to have jump jets, but still fairly mobile despite that. It has slight "glass cannon" tendencies, but the damage and range profile is overall excellent.

fallen: Firestarter FS9-O - 45t, 6/9/6, 136 armor, 24 HS, 2x flamer, 2x fluid gun(2t), 3t comms equipment, Bloodhound probe
   Well that's right out of left field. A firefighting mech with C3i? Honestly though, I like it. Interesting fluff, a coherent design, and it'd probably be very good at its job. My biggest complaint is actually the name - the Firetstarter is a 30t mech, not a 45t. Call it a "King Firestarter" or something next time.

Firesprocket: Pocket Pop Gun - 75t, 3/5/3, 231 armor, 20 HS, IHGR w/CASE II(3t), RAC/2(2t w/CASE II)
   Now there's a weapon pair that packs a punch. The biggest single-location damage at long range in the game, plus the best long-range critseeker? I love the pairing. Durable as heck, too. I'd probably have bumped this up to 80 tons to get better stability rolls for the IHGR, but that's a minor quibble. The slowest of the designs so far, aside from the semi-mobile watch tower, but the excellent range here means you don't need to be all that fast.

fallen: I only count one entry per player, but I will say that I like the fluff on the second design. I suppose "if you want Clanners to be making these, you'd better have a very good explanation of why" was a challenge to some, and you rose to that challenge.

Firesprocket: Ditto for second entries. I don't like snubbies on C3 mechs, but the capacitors and radical heat sink are a strong combo.

DarthMetool: Steel Wolf STW-3A - 50t, 7[8]/11[12]/0 quad, 168 armor, 20 HS, MML-5(3t w/CASE) in turret, 4x Clan ERML, Angel ECM, TSM, small cockpit, XL gyro
   Definitely running with the mixed tech here. I'm not sure it's quite coherent, though - it doesn't generate quite as much heat as I'd expect from a TSM design, or have as much flexibility with adding and removing heat. Three tons of ammo is a lot for one MML-5, as well - I like the ammo variety approach, but the mech should probably lean into that with more than five tubes.

-----

Third Place: fallen's Firestarter FS9-O. This was such an interesting direction to go with the challenge, and well executed too. (For the same reason, honourable mention goes to RevenVrake's Semi-Mobile Watch Tower)

Second Place: Ruger's Sturmfalke SHD-15S. The 5/8/5 space was crowded, and I had trouble picking one, but this one seems like the best overall balance. Good heat balance for bracketing (including the ability to push things a bit when you need to), fastest of the group, and good firepower.

First Place: Nightsong's Janissary JNS-1CS. A good all-around mech, very combat capable, and the fluff was fun as well as addressing many of the things I'd normally worry about.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2022, 12:58:07 by Alsadius »

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Design Challenge #3 - C3i
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2017, 18:41:39 »
The SHD-15S Sturmfalke

Mass: 55 tons
Chassis: Endo-Steel - 3 tons
Engine: 275 XL - 8 tons
Walking MP: 5
Running MP: 8 (10)
Jumping MP: 5
Heat Sinks: 10(20) - 0 tons
Gyro: 3 tons
Cockpit: 2 tons (small)
Armor Factor: 160 - 10 tons
Head: 9
CT: 23/8
R/LT: 20/6
R/LA: 16
R/LL: 18
Weapons and Equipment:
Medium Laser - RA - 1 crit - 1 ton
Medium Laser - LA - 1 crit - 1 ton
MML-7 - RT - 4 crits - 4.5 tons
Ammo (MML7) - RT - 4 crits - 4 tons
CASE II - RT - 1 crit - 1 ton
MML-7 - LT - 4 crits - 4.5 tons
PPC - LT - 3 crits - 7 tons
C3i Computer - H - 2 crits - 2.5 tons
Supercharger - CT - 1 crit - 1 ton
Jump Jet - CT - 1 crit - 0.5 tons
Jump Jets - RL - 2 crits - 1 ton
Jump Jets - LL - 2 crits - 1 ton

Fast, mobile and can hit hard...Ammo enough to carry a selection of various versions...I'd probably go one ton standard SRM, 1 ton standard LRM, 1 ton Inferno SRM, and maybe a ton of LRM smoke...to some, it may run hot when alpha'ing, but not too much, IMnsHO...

Edit: Forgot to type in the C3i in the head...also made a couple corrections on typo errors...

Ruger
« Last Edit: 08 December 2017, 21:18:50 by Ruger »
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2017, 19:11:28 »
Presenting Jihad-era Word of Blake Coutilier. (Name background: a coutilier was a member of lances fournies during medieval times, the unit that grants 'Mech lances their name).

Standard tournament tech for Jihad-era only, intended to be production-grade 'Mech, not some experimental or rare 'Mech.
The 55-ton bracket is relatively efficient for mass-produced design while being reasonably tough. At 5/8/5 movement bracket, the mobility is adequate for most combat while not requiring too much mass investment. Light Fusion Engine grants durability over XLFE, and maximum armor made up from Light Ferro-Fibrous with CASE, additional weight freed with Endo-Steel internals.
Armament consists of an ERLL, ERML and MML-9 with three tons of ammo (some members of the unit are tasked bringing special ammo like fragmentation rounds as necessary). This mix allows for reasonable range, light weight and relatively easy logistics along with flexibility.
Required C3i unit is mounted in the head with small cockpit, a necessary drawback (one compensated with a Manei Domini pilot when possible). A Guardian ECM is included. 12 double heat sinks for adequate cooling.

Since this is intended to work in groups of six, and that group might be required to deal with different threats at once, i figured certain design quirks are in order (balanced by points as recommended by StratOps):
-Multi-trac (2 points), capability for engaging multiple targets at once is especially useful for this.
-Poor Life Support (-1 point), the small cockpit combined with C3i computer required some sacrifices.
-Exposed Actuators (-1 point), it was thought that armor plating is better placed elsewhere than relatively small targets...
(It is really hard to make quirks balanced without resorting to quirks that have effect only on strategic level as most negative quirks are really crippling.)

Variant proposals: Ideally, one or two members of a Level 2 should have their Guardian ECMs replaced with Beagle Active Probes as a C3i network can take advantage of even a single BAP. Since this is a relatively minor refit, it probably can be done on the field as necessary without requiring factory-produced model.

Code: [Select]
Coutilier CTL-3R

Mass: 55 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E-A
Production Year: 3072
Cost: 9 973 320 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1 474

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 275 Light Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 54,0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86,4 km/h
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE
Armament:
    1  ER Large Laser
    1  MML-9
    1  ER Medium Laser
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Guardian ECM Suite
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    91 points                3,00
    Internal Locations: 3 LT, 8 RT, 3 LA
Engine:             Light Fusion Engine          275                      12,00
    Running MP: 8
    Jumping MP: 5 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL                                   2,50
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             12(24)                    2,00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT
Gyro:               Standard                                               3,00
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2,00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 185                 11,00
    Armor Locations: 1 CT, 6 RA
    CASE Locations: 1 LT                                                   0,50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     18           28       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  8         
                                           L/R Torso     13           20       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  6         
                                             L/R Arm     9            18       
                                             L/R Leg     13           26       

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ER Large Laser                               RA        12        2         5,00
ER Medium Laser                              RA        5         1         1,00
MML-9                                        LA        5         5         6,00
Guardian ECM Suite                           RT        0         2         1,50
Improved C3 Computer                         HD        0         2         2,50
@MML-9 (LRM) (26)                            LT        -         2         2,00
@MML-9 (SRM) (11)                            LT        -         1         1,00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 0

EDIT Added SSW file for those interested.

EDIT2 Unfortunately, i can't cram in a Heavy-Duty Gyro for extra durability but one can't have everything at once...

EDIT3 Really. Only now i decided to look at Ruger's design and realize that mine is not that different. I'll chalk that up to convergent evolution or something like that  [blank]
« Last Edit: 08 December 2017, 19:22:45 by Empyrus »

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2017, 19:35:24 »
Well, it seems to me the that if you want 6 identical chassis that use C3i, then this would be a perfect opportunity to add another Medium mech to the Celestial series.

Especially since they have no 5/8 movers & jump straight from 4/6 to 6/9.

So I give you the Favashi, "Guardian Angel" the last of the WoB Celestial series to enter production.

Small Cockpit & C3i are required for the series are are fixed equipment in the Head conveniently.

Aside from that its a pretty open chassis using a Standard Fusion Engine, Compact Gyro, Endo Steel, & lacking any "fixed" jumpjets.

Favashi
FAV-O (Base)
IS TW non-box set
55 tons BV: 842
Cost: 8,401,258 C-bills 
Movement: 5/8
Engine: 275
Double Heat Sinks: 11 [22]
Cockpit: Small Cockpit
Gyro: Compact Gyro 
Internal: 91 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 184/185

Head: 3 / 9
Center Torso: 18 / 25
Center Torso (rear): 10
Side Torsos: 13 / 20
Side Torso (rear): 6
Arms: 9 / 18
Legs: 13 / 26

Equipment  /  Loc
C3i Computer / HD

To showcase a single configuration I give you the Invictus (Prime)

Favashi
FAV-O-Invictus
BV: 1,572
Cost: 9,960,946 C-bills 
Movement: 5/8/5

Weapons /   Loc  /    Heat
Heavy PPC / RT / 15
ER Medium Laser / CT / 5

Equipment  /  Loc
C3i Computer / HD
Guardian ECM Suite / CT 
« Last Edit: 08 December 2017, 19:46:31 by Hellraiser »
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2017, 19:40:40 »
I don't normally do non-3025 tech 'mechs, but I thought I'd give this one a try.  For quirks, I was looking at "Barrel Fist" for the left arm to compensate for the lack of a hand there, and "Difficult to Maintain" made sense with the AES to pay for it.  With one Heavy and two Light PPCs, both made more accurate by AES, six of these could certainly hit a target with a veritable sleet of charged particles, and only one of them has to get to short range.  The combination of composite structure and heavy ferro allowed for maximum cooling.

Sleet SLT-1

Mass: 75 tons
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: Dark Ages
Production Year: 3132
Cost: 20,273,750 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,371

Chassis: Unknown Composite Structure
Power Plant: Unknown 375 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor: Unknown Heavy Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1  Heavy PPC
    2  Light PPCs
    1  Improved C3 Computer

Internal Structure: Composite Structure          114 points                4.00
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             375                      19.50
    Jumping MP: 5 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 2 LT, 2 RT                                   5.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             14(28)                    4.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Heavy Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 231                 12.00
    Armor Locations: 1 HD, 1 CT, 7 LT, 5 RT, 2 LA, 1 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     23           35       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  11       
                                           L/R Torso     16           24       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  8         
                                             L/R Arm     12           24       
                                             L/R Leg     16           32       

Improved C3 Computer                         RT        0         2         2.50
Heavy PPC                                    RA        15        4        10.00
A.E.S.                                       RA        -         3         2.50
2 Light PPCs                                 LA        10        4         6.00
A.E.S.                                       LA        -         3         2.50

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      8    Points: 24
5j         2       3       3       0      3     0   Structure:  1
Special Abilities: C3I, ENE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2017, 19:55:44 »
I dare say MMLs are going to be a theme.

I have a desperate fondness for the missile armed variant of the Gladiator, made worse by the canon indicating it never had a chance to take off. So I went for a variant of that concept. From a lore standpoint, it's a Comstar design developed after the plans for the original model started circulating (built on Arc Royal). The MMLs are an obvious choice, however to get a little tricksy, Comguard pilots were known to load their mechs with at least some ARAD missiles. C3 and C3i tend to attract ECM to them, and the blakists love themselves some C3i as well. Odds are always good that ARADs will get some good use.

(I originally hopped to cram in additional ammo to accommodate carrying ARADs on top of a healthy load of standard missiles, but that didn't work out. Ya gotta accept some give and take)

Gladiator GLD-6C
IS TW non-box set
55 tons 
BV: 1,315
Cost: 9,822,040 C-bills

Movement: 5/8/5
Engine: 275 Light
Heat Sinks: 11 [22]
Cockpit: Small Cockpit
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 91 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 160/185
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Head                        3        9
Center Torso               18       26
Center Torso (rear)                  5
Right Torso                13       20
Right Torso (rear)                   5
Left Torso                 13       20
Left Torso (rear)                    5
Right Arm                   9       15
Left Arm                    9       15
Right Leg                  13       20
Left Leg                   13       20

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
MML 9                           RT     5
MML 9                           LT     5
ER Medium Laser                 RA     5
ER Medium Laser                 LA     5

Ammo                           Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
MML 9 LRM Ammo                  RT    13
MML 9 LRM Ammo                  LT    13
MML 9 SRM Ammo                  RT    11
MML 9 SRM Ammo                  LT    11

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
CASE                            RT
CASE                            LT
C3i Computer                    HD
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Sabelkatten

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2017, 21:44:01 »
OK, I'm going out a bit to the side here...

A unit of Bullets (six out them being a six-shooter ;) ) is supposed to operate essentially the way assault mechs does - move towards an objective and kill anything that gets in the way. So high speed isn't a priority, but mobility is still important so a couple of JJs and a supercharger for quick dashes are mounted. Angel ECM of course for ECCM (and all the other fun stuff). A TAG for those guided LRMs. All the weapons have good range so that all mechs can focus on any target that tries to close.

Bullet BL-1

Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-F-A
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 20 727 000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1 970

Power Plant: Unknown 300 Light Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43,2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64,8 km/h (86,4 km/h)
    Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  ER PPC
    1  Light AC/5
    3  MML-3s
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Angel ECM
    1  TAG

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   114 points                4,00
    Internal Locations: 4 RT, 5 LA, 5 RA
Engine:             Light Fusion Engine          300                      14,50
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6 (8)
    Jumping MP: 3 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 1 LT, 1 RT                                   3,00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             12(24)                    2,00
Gyro:               Standard                                               3,00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3,00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 224                 14,00
    CASE II Locations: 1 LT                                                1,00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  10       
                                             L/R Leg     16           29       

TAG                                          HD        0         1         1,00
Supercharger                                 CT        -         1         1,50
MML-3                                        RT        2         2         1,50
Targeting Computer                           RT        -         3         3,00
2 MML-3s                                     LT        4         4         3,00
ER PPC                                       RA        15        3         7,00
Light AC/5                                   LA        1         2         5,00
Angel ECM                                    RL        0         2         2,00
Improved C3 Computer                         LL        0         2         2,50
@MML-3 (LRM Semi-G) (40)                     LT        -         1         1,00
@LAC/5 (Precision) (20)                      LT        -         2         2,00
@MML-3 (SRM ARAD) (33)                       LT        -         1         1,00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      7    Points: 20
5/2j       3       3       2       0      3     0   Structure:  4
Special Abilities: C3I, AECM, TAG, CASEII, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2017, 10:02:08 »
Yeah, my first thought when I was throwing mechs together for this was 55 ton 5/8/5 with MMLs too. Great minds think alike, I guess.

You are allowed to use different stats, remember ;)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2017, 10:13:37 »
Did I miss an errata?  I thought C3 specifically prohibited provided no benefit to indirect fire...
« Last Edit: 09 December 2017, 10:15:52 by Daryk »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2017, 11:02:22 »
Did I miss an errata?  I thought C3 specifically prohibited provided no benefit to indirect fire...
No, it does not. That does not mean LRMs are useless in a network though. Indirect-capability might come handy, though the primary benefit of LRMs is their range. And Semi-Guided LRMs can fire direct-fired and still benefit from TAG (it negates/reduces TMM).

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2017, 11:19:29 »
Based loosely on the Harmony MetalWorks Ostwar, the Sekhmet is a product of the Regulan Fiefs on the planet of Harmony and uses a number of components found on the Ostwar and features weapons from across the breadth of the former Free Worlds League. It's primary weapon is a Light Gauus Rifle allowing the hex formation to engage the enemy from a greater distance than most weapons systems. At closer ranges it is armed with a Streak SRM-6 and a trio of ER Medium lasers. For anti-infantry work the Sekhmet is armed with a pair of light machine guns and an ER flamer. The Sekhmet uses  the basic archtecture as the Ostwar with the only differences being the arms and the cockpit area. It even shares the light ferro-fibrous armor of the Ostwar;

Sekhmet SKM-3T

Mass: 65 tons
Rules Level: Advanced Rules
Production Year: 3076
Cost: 13,158,035 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,466

Chassis: Ost-1f Standard
Power Plant: Magna 260 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Chilton 460
    Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Kallon FWL Special Light Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE
Armament:
    1 Corean Light Gauss Rifle
    1 Shannon Six-Shooter Plus Streak SRM-6
    3 Magna Mk VI ER Medium Lasers
    1 Olympian XR ER Flamer
    2 SureFire LightGun Light Machine Guns
    1 Harmony Improved C3 Computer
Manufacturer: Harmony MetalWorks
    Primary Factory: Harmony
Communications System: Harmony Warshout
Targeting and Tracking System: Garret D5j

Internal Structure: Standard                     104 points                6.50
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             260                       7.00
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 4 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 2 LL, 2 RL                                         4.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             11(22)                    1.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 195                 11.50
    Armor Locations: 1 HD, 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA
    CASE Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT                                             1.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     21           31       
                                           L/R Torso     15           22       
                                             L/R Arm     10           18       
                                             L/R Leg     15           24       

Improved C3 Computer                         CT        0         2         2.50
Light Gauss Rifle                            RT        1         5        12.00
Streak SRM-6                                 LT        4         2         4.50
3 ER Medium Lasers                           RA        15        3         3.00
2 Light Machine Guns                         LA        0         2         1.00
ER Flamer                                    LA        4         1         1.00
@Light Gauss Rifle (32)                      RT        -         2         2.00
@LMG (200)                                   LT        -         1         1.00
@Streak SRM-6 (15)                           LT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 6

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      7    Points: 15
4j         4       4       1       0      3     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: C3I, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA
« Last Edit: 10 December 2017, 11:57:16 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2017, 17:22:33 »
Designed during the jihad, wob scientists used the stealth to create a powerful hunter killer mech level 1.

Designed to work in concert with each other, one would act as a spotter while the other 5 would stay at range to charge their capacitors up for a stronger ER PPC blast.

Guardian ECM was used to protect the level 1 from opposing ECM interference.

Initial trials showed some success.

Stealth STH-C3i

Mass: 45 tons
Cost: 10,965,915 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,586

Power Plant: Unknown 315 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 75.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 118.8 km/h
    Jump Capacity: 210 meters
Armor: Unknown Light Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1  ER PPC + PPC Capacitor
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Guardian ECM Suite

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    75 points                2.50
    Internal Locations: 7 LA, 7 RA
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             315                      11.00
    Walking MP: 7
    Running MP: 11
    Jumping MP: 7 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 3 LT, 3 RT                                   3.50
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             10(20)                    0.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.00
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 144                  8.50
    Armor Locations: 1 CT, 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     14           21       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  6         
                                           L/R Torso     11           17       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  5         
                                             L/R Arm     7            12       
                                             L/R Leg     11           20       

ER PPC + PPC Capacitor                       RT        20        3         7.00
    ER PPC + PPC Capacitor                   RT        5*        1         1.00
Improved C3 Computer                         LT        0         2         2.50
Guardian ECM Suite                           LT        0         2         1.50
                                            Free Critical Slots: 5

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      5    Points: 16
7j         1       1       1       0      2     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: C3I, ECM, ENE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

RevenVrake

• Master Sergeant
  • When in doubt, alpha strike!
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2017, 18:29:42 »
Edit: I'm dump with that build and forgot something...so here is something very different.

Deployed in groups of Six you say? Okay, with that in mind...

SMWT (Semi-Mobile Watch Tower) SMWT-01

Chassis Config: Quad
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F-A
Production Year: 3085
Cost: 6,140,750 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,974

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Composite
Power Plant: Honda 75 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 10.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 21.6 km/h (10.8 km/h)
Jump Jets: Pitban
    Jump Capacity: 30 meters
Armor: 'Ard Enuf Hardened
Armament:
    1 Victory Blast Furnace Plasma Rifle
    1 Zeus Light Gauss Rifle
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Searchlight
    1  Cargo, Standard (0.5 tons)
Communications System: Loudspeaker
Targeting and Tracking System: Painted Crosshair

Internal Structure: Endo-Composite               122 points                6.00
    Internal Locations: 1 CT, 2 LT, 4 RT
Engine:             Fusion Engine                 75                       2.00
    Walking MP: 1
    Running MP: 2 (1)
    Jumping MP: 1 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT                                               1.00
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             11                        1.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 FLL, 2 FRL, 2 RLL, 2 RRL
Gyro:               Standard                                               1.00
    Actuators:      L: H+UL+LL+F    R: H+UL+LL+F
Armor:              Hardened                     AV - 247                 31.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                       L/R Front Leg     16           32       
                                        L/R Rear Leg     16           32       

(T) Light Gauss Rifle                        RT        1         5        12.00
(T) Plasma Rifle                             RT        10        2         6.00
Cargo, Standard (0.5 tons)                   LT        0         1         0.50
Searchlight                                  HD        0         1         0.50
@Light Gauss Rifle (48)                      LT        -         3         3.00
@Plasma Rifle (30)                           LT        -         3         3.00
(A) Quad Mech Turret                         RT        -         1         2.50
                                            Free Critical Slots: 1

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:     16    Points: 20
1j         2       2       1       0      3     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: C3I, SRCH, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Deployed in groups of six to protect targets from attack the SMWT series focus' fire on targets at long range with their Light Gauss Rifles and then use their coaxial Plasma Rifles to burn down any tank or infantry target stupid enough to get close. To protect these machines, which more often than not do not move in combat, they are absolutely slathered in an astonishing 31 tons of Hardened Armor. They share targeting data as they are often deployed in a circular pattern around a VIT (Very Important Target) and thus need the Improved C3 to ensure they have better than average chances of hitting a target. To ensure that their twin weapons can reach the enemy they are both mounted in a Turret mount on the right side of the 'mech' and that mount is armored to ensure its survival.

The single Jumpjet allows the machine to preform a full 360 turn as needed to protect its rather thin (For hardened armor) rear.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2017, 03:58:47 by RevenVrake »

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 09 December 2017, 21:10:18 »
Sharpnel: I think you misunderstood the contest. That's am impressive entry, but it doesn't match the contest outline. It should be a single variant, with six identical loadouts, not six different variants on the same omni chassis. If you'd like to make another submission that qualifies, feel free, but this one doesn't.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 09 December 2017, 22:28:59 »
Loosely based on the venerable Thunderbolt, the frame had to be bumped by 5 tons to accommodate the massive autocannon. Anyone within 9 hexes of any of the mechs better hope there isn't another within 3 hexes. Meanwhile those farther off can pop away with the LRMs until they get closer.

eta-name changed
Thundercrack TDK-A20-J-iC3

Mass: 70 tons
Production Year: 3056
Cost: 16,759,053 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,647

Power Plant: Unknown 280 Fusion XL Engine
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor w/ CASE
Armament:
    1  Autocannon/20
    1  LRM-15 w/ Artemis IV FCS
    3  Medium Lasers
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Guardian ECM Suite

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   107 points                3.50
    Internal Locations: 1 HD, 3 RT, 8 LA, 2 LL
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             280                       8.00
    Jump Jet Locations: 4 CT                                               4.00
Gyro:               Compact                                                4.50
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 216                 13.50
    CASE Locations: 1 RT                                                   0.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     22           34       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  9         
                                             L/R Arm     11           22       
                                             L/R Leg     15           30       

Autocannon/20                                RT/RA     7         1/9      14.00
Guardian ECM Suite                           RT        0         2         1.50
3 Medium Lasers                              LT        9         3         3.00
LRM-15                                       LT        5         3         7.00
    Artemis IV FCS                           LT        -         1         1.00
@LRM-15 (Artemis) (16)                       RT        -         2         2.00
@AC/20 (10)                                  RL        -         2         2.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      7    Points: 16
4j         5       5       2       0      3     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: C3I, ECM, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, AC 2/2/0, IF 1

An alpha strike is only 21 heat for 50 damage, and they can jump 4 and fire the close in weapons w/o overheating. Three mechs will try to corner an enemy mech at 3 hexes while the other three will remain at 7-9 hexes so they can Alpha while counting as short and avoid minimum penalties for the LRMs.

ETA_ if possible I'd like to use the modified version a few posts below, with an LB20x.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 21:48:21 by Andras »

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2017, 04:24:33 »
I love that one, Andras, just wish there was one or two more crits available to upgrade the autocannon to an LB20-X. Not for the clusters, but to get the extra 3 more hexes of range.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2017, 04:33:33 »
Sharpnel: I think you misunderstood the contest. That's am impressive entry, but it doesn't match the contest outline. It should be a single variant, with six identical loadouts, not six different variants on the same omni chassis. If you'd like to make another submission that qualifies, feel free, but this one doesn't.
I'll put my original concept back up when I get home. It's the same weight class and is still an FWL Mech.
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2017, 04:54:04 »
The Janissary was created by ComStar as a high-mobility fire support unit that was developed shortly before the Jihad. Somehow, the Word of Blake managed not to produce their own renditions, though whether this was from successful operational security or their own glut of designs it can't be entirely said. The ranges of its guns take advantage of the C3i computer, though some complained that the minimum range of the guns make it risk inability to return fire on close-ranged jammers. The ECM it carries, however, allow it to ensure that it has the best weaponry to deal with close in guns: the firepower of the remainder of its Level II.

Janissary JNS-1CS

Cost: 18,157,417 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,877

Power Plant: Unknown 350 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armament:
    1  Gauss Rifle
    1  LRM-15
    2  Light PPCs
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Guardian ECM Suite

Internal Locations: 1 HD, 2 LT, 2 RT, 3 LA, 2 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             350                      15.00
    Jumping MP: 0
Gyro:               XL                                                     2.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 178                 10.50
    Armor Locations: 3 LT, 3 LA, 1 RA

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     22           26       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  7         
                                             L/R Arm     11           20       
                                             L/R Leg     15           20       

LRM-15                                       RT        5         3         7.00
Guardian ECM Suite                           LT        0         2         1.50
Gauss Rifle                                  RA        1         7        15.00
2 Light PPCs                                 LA        10        4         6.00
@LRM-15 (16)                                 RT        -         2         2.00
@Gauss Rifle (16)                            RT        -         2         2.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 19
5          3       4       4       0      3     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: C3I, ECM, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2017, 12:07:28 »
The original post has been edited to its more original form

fallen

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 10 December 2017, 18:08:42 »
Here is a "swords into ploughshares" variant of the Firestarter OmniMech.  My idea was to outfit an Omnimech for firefighting in difficult terrain.
The Firestarter is quick and has good mobility thanks to it's jump jets, making it my pick.  The Zed is equipped with two Fluid guns and supplied with both water and flame ******.  A Bloodhound probe is mounted to locate people in distress.  A C3i computer is equipped to coordinate use of the fluid guns in fighting large fires.  The two fixed flamers are used to set backfires in wilderness operations, and to destroy unsafe structures and hazardous materials after a disaster.  Three tons of additional communications equipment allow access to weather and communications satellites during extended operations.

Firestarter FS9-O

Chassis Config: Biped Omnimech
Production Year: 3092
Cost: 9,386,031 C-Bills
Battle Value: 646

Chassis: Foundation Reinforced Endo-Steel
Power Plant: GM 270 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97.2 km/h
    Jump Capacity: 180 meters
Armor: Duralex Nova Standard Armor
Armament:
    2  Flamers
    13.5 tons of pod space.
Manufacturer: Ceres Metals Industries
    Primary Factory: Capella
Communications System: Cyclops 18XS Adaptable
Targeting and Tracking System: Cyclops Special Limited

Internal Locations: 2 LT, 5 LA, 3 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             270                       7.50
    Walking MP: 6
    Running MP: 9
    Jumping MP: 6 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT                                         3.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             12(24)                    2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 136                  8.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     14           20       
                                           L/R Torso     11           16       
                                             L/R Arm     7            12       
                                             L/R Leg     11           16       

(R) Flamer                                   CT        3         1         1.00
Flamer                                       CT        3         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 17

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      5    Points: 6
6j         1       0       0       0      2     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: OMNI, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Loadout Name: Zed                                            Cost: 11,832,906
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F-A                       BV2: 686

Jumping MP: 6  (Standard)
    Jump Jet Locations: 3 LT, 3 RT                                         0.00

Improved C3 Computer                         RA        0         2         2.50
Bloodhound Active Probe                      RA        0         3         2.00
Fluid Gun                                    RA        0         2         2.00
Communications Equipment (1.0 tons) (3.0 tons) LA        0         3         3.00
Fluid Gun                                    LA        0         2         2.00
(R) Flamer                                   CT        3         1         1.00
Flamer                                       CT        3         1         1.00
@Fluid Gun (Water) (20)                      RT        -         1         1.00
@Fluid Gun (Flm Rtrdnt) (20)                 LT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 3

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      5    Points: 7
6j         1       0       0       0      2     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: OMNI, C3I, BH, RCN, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

« Last Edit: 10 December 2017, 18:10:40 by fallen »

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2017, 22:01:25 »
I love that one, Andras, just wish there was one or two more crits available to upgrade the autocannon to an LB20-X. Not for the clusters, but to get the extra 3 more hexes of range.

Ditch the ECM. Err, nope, not required after all, but I did drop the Artemis.
eta-name changed
Thundercrack TDK-A20-J-iC3
Production Year: 3056
Cost: 17,093,103 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,735

Power Plant: Unknown 280 Fusion XL Engine
Armament:
    1  LB 20-X AC
    1  LRM-15
    3  Medium Lasers
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Guardian ECM Suite

Internal Locations: 1 HD, 1 LT, 2 RT, 8 LA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             280                       8.00
    Jump Jet Locations: 2 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL                                   4.00
Gyro:               Compact                                                4.50
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 216                 13.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     22           34       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  9         
                                             L/R Arm     11           22       
                                             L/R Leg     15           30       

LB 20-X AC                                   RT/RA     6         4/7      14.00
3 Medium Lasers                              LT        9         3         3.00
LRM-15                                       LT        5         3         7.00
Guardian ECM Suite                           CT        0         2         1.50
@LB 20-X (Slug) (10)                         RA        -         2         2.00
@LB 20-X (Cluster) (5)                       RA        -         1         1.00
@LRM-15 (16)                                 RT        -         2         2.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      7    Points: 17
4j         4       4       1       0      3     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: C3I, ECM, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA, IF 1, FLK 1/1/0

Best part is, with the LB20, it doesn't even overheat on the alpha.
« Last Edit: 13 December 2017, 21:48:39 by Andras »

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #21 on: 11 December 2017, 00:19:36 »
Pocket Pop Gun

Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-F-A
Cost: 8,919,750 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,876

Power Plant: Unknown 225 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
    Jump Capacity: 90 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    1  Imp. Heavy Gauss Rifle
    1  Rotary AC/2
    1  Improved C3 Computer

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   114 points                4.00
    Internal Locations: 1 RT, 6 LA, 6 RA, 1 RL
Engine:             Fusion Engine                225                      10.00
    Walking MP: 3
    Running MP: 5
    Jumping MP: 3 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 CT, 1 LL, 1 RL                                   3.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 RT
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 231                 14.50
    CASE II Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT                                          2.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                           L/R Torso     16           22       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  10       
                                             L/R Leg     16           32       

Rotary AC/2                                  RT        1         3         8.00
Imp. Heavy Gauss Rifle                       LT        2         11       20.00
@Rotary AC/2 (90)                            RT        -         2         2.00
@iHGR (4)                                    CT        -         1         1.00
@iHGR (4)                                    HD        -         1         1.00
@iHGR (4)                                    LL        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 4

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      8    Points: 19
3j         3       3       3       0      3     0   Structure:  6
Special Abilities: C3I, CASEII, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #22 on: 11 December 2017, 05:12:45 »
Ditch the ECM. Err, nope, not required after all, but I did drop the Artemis.

Best part is, with the LB20, it doesn't even overheat on the alpha.

Can I get a couple levelIIIs worth? Wanna go WOB hunting.

fallen

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: 11 December 2017, 21:42:19 »
The Shadow Cat T is a training variant developed and deployed within the RAF.  After it's formation, the Republic of the Sphere RAF, or Republic Armed Forces, brought together warriors from various houses and clans, with many different weapons and levels of training.  The Shadow Cat T is meant to bridge the gap between former clan warriors of both warden and crusader backgrounds.  The T is armed a heavy large laser, a crusader favorite, and an ATM-9 rack from warden sources.  A C3i computer allows clan warriors to watch their experienced compatriots use the weapons and train themselves on unfamiliar systems.  Two additional double heat sinks are carried to help manage the high heat curve of this loadout.  Three different types of ATM are protected by CASE II. 

Shadow Cat

Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped Omnimech
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-E-E-A
Production Year: 3091
Cost: 10,415,531 C-Bills
Battle Value: 722

Chassis: Type 79-45 Endo-Steel
Power Plant: RFUM 270 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97.2 km/h (129.6 km/h)
    Jump Capacity: 180 meters
Armor: Compound H17 Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    17.0 tons of pod space.
Manufacturer: Barcella Beta
    Primary Factory: Irece
Communications System: JNE Integrated
Targeting and Tracking System: Build 2 CAT TTS

Internal Locations: 1 HD, 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LA, 2 RA
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             270                       7.50
    Walking MP: 6
    Running MP: 9 (12)
    Jumping MP: 6 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL                             3.00
Armor:              Ferro-Fibrous                AV - 134                  7.00
    Armor Locations: 3 LT, 4 RT

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            8         
                                        Center Torso     14           20       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  6         
                                           L/R Torso     11           18       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  4         
                                             L/R Arm     7            10       
                                             L/R Leg     11           18       

MASC                                         CT        -         2         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 25

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      4    Points: 7
8/6j       0       0       0       0      2     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: OMNI, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Loadout Name: T                                              Cost: 13,086,613
Tech Rating/Era Availability: X/X-X-X-A                       BV2: 1,870
Rules Level: Experimental Tech                          Tech Base: Mixed

Jumping MP: 6  (Standard)
    Jump Jet Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL                             0.00
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             12(24)                    2.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 1 RT, 1 RA
    CASE Locations: LT                                                     0.00
    CASE II Locations: 1 LT                                                0.50

Heavy Large Laser                            RA        18        3         4.00
ATM-9                                        LA        6         4         5.00
MASC                                         CT        -         2         2.00
@ATM-9 (7)                                   LT        -         1         1.00
@ATM-9 (ER) (7)                              LT        -         1         1.00
@ATM-9 (HE) (7)                              LT        -         1         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 4

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      4    Points: 19
8/6j       4       3       1       0      2     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: OMNI, C3I, CASEII, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #24 on: 12 December 2017, 02:09:14 »
When I saw a design over in BTI this evening it inspired me to design this.   The firepower is based off an older mech that had 3 standard PPCs and 2 IS LPLs.  Inserted a C3i and viola:

Boltboss

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-X-A
Cost: 23,929,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,850

Power Plant: Unknown 300 Compact Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Armament:
    2  Snub-Nose PPCs
    3  Light PPC + PPC Capacitors
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Radical Heat Sink

Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                   152 points                5.00
    Internal Locations: 1 CT, 4 LA, 5 RA, 2 LL, 2 RL
Engine:             (A) Compact Fusion Engine    300                      30.00
    Walking MP: 3
    Running MP: 5
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             16(32)                    6.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 CT, 1 LT, 1 RT
Gyro:               (A) Compact                                            5.50
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2.00
Armor:              Light Ferro-Fibrous          AV - 245                 14.50
    Armor Locations: 4 LA, 3 RA
    CASE II Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT                                          2.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     31           38       
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  12       
                                           L/R Torso     21           26       
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  10       
                                             L/R Arm     17           26       
                                             L/R Leg     21           31       

(A) Light PPC + PPC Capacitor                RT        10        2         4.50
    (A) Light PPC + PPC Capacitor            RT        5*        1         1.50
Snub-Nose PPC                                RT        10        2         6.00
Radical Heat Sink                            RT        0         3         4.00
2 (A) Light PPC + PPC Capacitors             LT        20        4         9.00
    (A) Light PPC + PPC Capacitor            LT        10*       1         3.00
Snub-Nose PPC                                HD        10        2         6.00

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      8    Points: 19
3          3       2       1       0      4     1   Structure: 10
Special Abilities: C3I, CASEII, ENE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

DarthMetool

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #25 on: 14 December 2017, 22:56:37 »
This entry is what I would expect Comstar to make as a 'Mech used to hunt down commanders protected by heavy electronics.  A wolf pack of six could hunt down, flush out and herd a target to a kill zone using the varied ammo types usable by the turret-mounted MML 5 each 'Mech has.  A typical ammo loadout would include ARAD, Thunder, Inferno and Smoke rounds.  4 Clan-made ER medium lasers, Angel ECM and an improved C3 computer should round out this Steel Wolf.

Perhaps only a small handful of these were made, and perhaps only two or three may have survived Comstar's destruction and were captured by the Republic of the Sphere.

Who knows?

Steel Wolf STW-3A

Mass: 50 tons
Tech Base: Mixed
Chassis Config: Quad
Tech Rating/Era Availability: X/X-X-X-A
Cost: 14,245,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,779

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 350 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 75.6 km/h (86.4 km/h)
Maximum Speed: 118.8 km/h (129.6 km/h)
Armament:
    4  (CL) ER Medium Lasers
    1  (IS) MML-5
    1  Improved C3 Computer
    1  Angel ECM

Internal Structure: Standard                      91 points                5.00
Engine:             XL Engine                    350                      15.00
    Walking MP: 7 (8)
    Running MP: 11 (12)
Heat Sinks:         (IS) Double Heat Sink        10(20)                    0.00
Gyro:               XL                                                     2.00
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2.00
    Actuators:      L: H+UL+LL+F    R: H+UL+LL+F
    TSM Locations: 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 FLL, 1 FRL, 1 RLL, 1 RRL
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 168                 10.50

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     16           24       
                                           L/R Torso     12           18       
                                       L/R Front Leg     12           20       
                                        L/R Rear Leg     12           20       

Improved C3 Computer                         HD        0         2         2.50
(T) (IS) MML-5                               RT        3         3         3.00
4 (CL) ER Medium Lasers                      LT        20        4         4.00
Angel ECM                                    LT        0         2         2.00
@MML-5 (LRM) (48)                            RT        -         2         2.00
@MML-5 (SRM) (20)                            RT        -         1         1.00
Quad Mech Turret                             RT        -         1         0.50
                                            Free Critical Slots: 6

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 18
7          4       4       1       0      2     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: TSM, C3I, AECM, CASE, MHQ2, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

"John Hancock.  Wait, you want MY signature?"
The TRB Military Catalog
GENERATION 45: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Register