Author Topic: Arkab Legion New Classic Wolverine WVR-6R  (Read 4731 times)

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
Arkab Legion New Classic Wolverine WVR-6R
« on: 14 December 2017, 16:25:32 »
Just finished painting this guy. It's a pre-production 3D print but should be extremely close to the boxed set miniature when it's released.

Cheers,
Ryan

IMAG0576~2 by f15cflyer79, on Flickr
IMAG0577~3 by f15cflyer79, on Flickr
IMAG0579~3 by f15cflyer79, on Flickr
IMAG0578~3 by f15cflyer79, on Flickr

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Arkab Legion New Classic Wolverine WVR-6R
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2017, 16:41:11 »
Your cockpit looks remarkably real in terms of glassiness.  I salute you. O0

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2017, 17:18:32 »
That;s gorgeous work. Well done!
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2017, 17:24:18 »
Must get!

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2017, 02:10:25 »

agen2

• Captain
  • Il sobillatore.
« Reply #5 on: 15 December 2017, 04:03:25 »
 :-*

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #6 on: 15 December 2017, 10:48:12 »
The attention to detail here is excellent, Ryan. Did you airbrush the green over FDE? What decals are these? I really enjoy the smaller unit designation with the larger mech number. That's a very nice touch. Also, what are you using for antennas? These look perfect, without the sort of rough/sharp ends you get with piano wire. Great job on the warning stripes, too. I can't tell where the hand-painted end, and the decals take over. Inspiring stuff. Thank you for sharing.

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 15 December 2017, 11:05:28 »
The attention to detail here is excellent, Ryan. Did you airbrush the green over FDE? What decals are these? I really enjoy the smaller unit designation with the larger mech number. That's a very nice touch. Also, what are you using for antennas? These look perfect, without the sort of rough/sharp ends you get with piano wire. Great job on the warning stripes, too. I can't tell where the hand-painted end, and the decals take over. Inspiring stuff. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Justin, Aside from the edge highlights, there's actually very little brush work on this model. It's 80% airbrush. Here's a link to the FB post where I answered the questions of color and application: https://www.facebook.com/groups/464299643750082/permalink/838756429637733/

The smaller decals are from the Robotech RPG Tactics decal sheets, there's tons of small numbers on them. The antenna are just toothbrush bristles that I cut with a small pair of swiss army knife scissors. Thanks again!

Ryan

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 15 December 2017, 12:17:03 »
Really delightful work.  I love all the small details, especially the decals.
Hayden

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2017, 21:38:06 »
Beautiful work. I still prefer the Wolverine II mini, but your detail on this is amazing.
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #10 on: 16 December 2017, 12:38:42 »
Did you leave the 3D build lines on the chest on purpose or are they supposed to be their. Just wondering as I finish 3D printed parts to for a living and noticed them right off the bat. I have seen those types of lines on a mech before so was just wondering, not knocking your work. Its a very nice job.
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

B1Bflyer

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 16 December 2017, 20:28:01 »
I don't think the'll be on the production molds, but I left them on because I didn't feel they detracted from the appearance of the miniature and they're in some precarious areas that would have been challenging to remove without altering the sharp angles of the miniature.

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #12 on: 17 December 2017, 08:34:39 »
I think the production lines give the armour a nice textured look. Beautiful paint job; truly stunning work.

That said, I still prefer the look of the older Wolverine, with its hand-held autocannon and ball-turret laser.
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 17 December 2017, 09:05:12 »
... and ball-turret laser.
Mmmmm... That's the only thing i do not like about the current design. The ball-gag turret was basically the most iconic aspect of the original Wolverine design (as iconic as the Battlemaster's bubble cockpit, i'd say!) and i'm kinda disappointed that Shimmy decided to not include it, because other than that, everything else about this design just really clicks with me.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #14 on: 17 December 2017, 11:10:54 »
Very impressive work sir!  8)  I am truly amazed at what you can do with an airbrush.

P.S.  Thanks for all of the YouTube vids as well!  They've been a great help.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

SpudBot

• Corporal
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2017, 14:40:48 »
Mmmmm... That's the only thing i do not like about the current design. The ball-gag turret was basically the most iconic aspect of the original Wolverine design (as iconic as the Battlemaster's bubble cockpit, i'd say!) and i'm kinda disappointed that Shimmy decided to not include it, because other than that, everything else about this design just really clicks with me.

For me, the most memorable thing on the original Wolverine was that big 'ammo clip' it was carrying around (at least in some illustrations)!  Never made much sense in BT, of course, where all the ammo is internal.

I do note that this resculpt retains the 'breath mask' piping up top, a nice little homage.   And of course, a fabulous paint job to inspire us all.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2017, 14:42:27 by SpudBot »

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #16 on: 17 December 2017, 14:54:14 »
Did you leave the 3D build lines on the chest on purpose or are they supposed to be their. Just wondering as I finish 3D printed parts to for a living and noticed them right off the bat. I have seen those types of lines on a mech before so was just wondering, not knocking your work. Its a very nice job.
These were printed on a Form 2 at .05 Z resolution as opposed to .025 which would have left nearly imperceivable lines.  Alos, on a table, you're going to have to squint to see it.
Maker of big things.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #17 on: 18 December 2017, 17:59:00 »
They really did a great job on designing the new Wolverine.

And B1B's craftwork makes it look even better.

Great job, all around.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 22 December 2017, 18:17:04 »
Very Sweet!