Author Topic: Historical: Reunification War  (Read 30905 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Historical: Reunification War
« on: 23 June 2011, 19:00:03 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with Historical: Reunification War.

Product Link: http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=historical-reunification-war

There is no compiled errata for this product at this time.

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2012, 01:34:26 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

mechgregor

• Corporal
Re: Historical: Reunification War
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2011, 23:30:14 »
Page 122, in the section CONTINUED MANEUVERS POLITIC..."While the Kinkaid Militia lined up to face the Third Crucis
Lancers". The Third Crucis Lancers did not form until after the dissolution of the Star League

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2011, 00:22:44 »
Page 19, in the section "BLOODY SANTIAGO".

The child hit by thrown coolant is identified here as a boy.  However, in Kevin Killiany's What I Remember Most, the injured child (the narrator of the story) is a girl.

(Or at least, the narrator opens with 'My mother always told me I was a beautiful girl.'  Which implies either a female gender or something a bit off about the mother... :D)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2011, 01:24:54 »
p. 169 / Force Generation, last paragraph

Unfortunately that disparity in technology (Star League-era tech facing simple 3025 tech, or even Primitive tech) will also have a significant impact upon game balance that Battle Value (BV) that the rules in this chapter may not be able to mitigate.

Maybe some typo?
Suggestion: delete "that Battle Value (BV)"
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2011, 11:04:31 »
P. 33 - Command Structure

Reference is made to Polymorphous Defence Zones (PDZs). These were only introduced at the end of the 1st Succession War in response to weaknesses shown in the Combat Region model by the Kuritan invasion. The map on P. 159 is accurate.

hussar

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2011, 17:07:40 »
Page 44 Pleiades Hussars writeup
The According to the deployment tables and the map on page 64
the unit that fought and died on Merope is the 5th Pleiades Hussars and not the 2nd.
Page 84 Carmichel
The 11th Division mentioned should be the 10th Division.
According to page 78 the 11th was removed from the Taurian front.
According to page 79 the divisions that had participated in the attack were the 10th and the 12th.

Lord Harlock

• Captain
  • Watching from the Shadows
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2011, 21:14:20 »
On page 82 in the sub-article "E-Toro vs. Voodoo Red."

"Monitoring and  decoding Star League communications had been E-Toro's mandate since its stand-up in 2572. . .," Stand-up should be changed to start up.

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2011, 22:51:24 »
according to the RAT on p171, the EMP-1A Emperor os both a 90t mech and a 100t mech.  The Thug THG-11E is a 85t mech.
Star League - Egotistical, Mass Murdering Butchers from start to finish.

"Star League caches and Clan-Tech salvage, You're welcome"  - Stefan Amaris

Rim Worlder

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2011, 22:53:31 »
page 172, RWR RAT the EMP-5A Emperor is a 100t mech ?
Star League - Egotistical, Mass Murdering Butchers from start to finish.

"Star League caches and Clan-Tech salvage, You're welcome"  - Stefan Amaris

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2011, 14:26:09 »
Page 223: Stats given for NAC-10 mounts on the Dreadnought-class battleship are incorrect. Damage indicates 6 gun mounts, but number of guns per mount and heat indicate 4 gun mounts.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2011, 15:42:42 »
Page 70, last paragraph, first sentence:

"On Csomad, the people attempted to fight a guerrilla campaign like as their countrymen were fighting on Keuterville."

Suggested correction: "as" should be deleted from the sentence.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2011, 16:11:00 »
Page 73, right column, first complete sentence:

"As with every other Taurian world struck so far, the citizens proved every bit of a challenge as the regular defenders."

Suggested correction: "the citizens proved to be as much of a challenge as the regular defenders." -or- "the citizens proved every bit as much of a challenge as the regular defenders."

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2011, 16:21:17 »
Page 75, sidebar "The Battle of Robsart", final sentence:

"The war was long from over."

Suggested correction: "The war was far from over."

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2011, 16:29:00 »
Page 76, first paragraph, last sentence:

"While the Star League troops could still make precision strikes with BattleMechs and aerospace fighters, the bulk of the fighting was left to the infantry, casualties among whom quickly soared."

Suggested correction: "among whom casualties quickly soared."

- Klarg1

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2011, 21:14:48 »
PDF
Page 213
Overview, first sentence: "the Free Worlds League has a established a strong military presence."

Delete "has a"
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #15 on: 27 June 2011, 01:17:02 »
Page 84, right column, first paragraph under section "No Rest...", final sentence:

"After giving the world’s people thirty days to surrender, I Corps destroyed one major city or production facility by orbital strike each day by for two months before beginning a ground campaign that brought the final capitulation on 5 September."

Suggest correction: "for each day gone by"

- Klarg1

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2011, 14:12:03 »
Rank Equivalency Table / Officer, p.28

- '06' and '07' are both colonels for the AFFS. '06' should be a Lieutenant Colonel.

- '09' (AFFS) is marked as Major. Should be Major General.

EDIT: Lieutenant Colonel should be Leftenant Colonel, of course.  :-[ Praise to Trace Coburn!
« Last Edit: 28 June 2011, 01:43:17 by Demos »
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2011, 16:00:18 »
H:RW, pdf version, p. 16, main part, first paragraph:
The sentence that begins with: "Craig’s daughter, Tracial, who succeeded him in 2555, ..." is incorrect. Tracial was not Craig's daughter.

As seen on page 23 of Handbook: House Steiner she was his niece: "...Tracial Steiner (Archon Steiner’s niece and an experienced judge)..."
and "...acknowledging his own lack of an heir, Archon Steiner chose Chief Justice Tracial Steiner as his successor."

Suggested correction:
Change to "Craig’s niece, Tracial, who succeeded him in 2555, ...

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2011, 21:10:37 »
Historical: Reunification War, .pdf version, page 28, Rank Equivalency Table

- Enlisted chart, TDF column: the rank of 'Lance Sergeant' is completely missing from the chart.
Suggested fix: insert 'Lance Sergeant' as the E-8 entry on the TDF column.

- Officer chart, AFFS column: both the O-6 and O-7 entries are listed as 'Colonel'.
Suggested fix: change O-6 (AFFS) to 'Leftenant Colonel'.
  [Apologies to Demos for correcting his correction, but with the chart being about giving the proper factional ranks, we have to be as picky stringent/consistent about that spelling as the AFFS are .  ;)]

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #19 on: 27 June 2011, 22:11:17 »
PDF, Page 192 (right column)
Nuclear Weapons Rules, Secondary Effects

"...electromagnetic interference (EMI) for the remainder of the scenario, including a +2 to-hit modifier for all Ranged Weapon Attacks and a –2 modifier to all Missile Hits Table rolls."

This appears to be the same as the TacOps rule (TO page 55) so that should be the Cluster Hits Table.  If it's not supposed to be the same effect, the title is still wrong but a note needs to be added that it only affects missile weapons.

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 28 June 2011, 00:37:16 »
PDF.

Luthien is identified as the capital of the draconis combine even though it didn't become that until 2617.

Page 112. Luthien press interstellar
Page 142. 23rd and 26th divisions deployed on luthien
Page 159. Luthien shown as capital on map

All references should change to New Samarkand

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 28 June 2011, 00:42:24 »
PDF.

Dieron regulars are an anachronism. There was no dieron military district yet and it is not shown on the map.

References to the 3rd dieron regulars: p 107, p 121, p 123, p 141,

References to organization as a whole: p 182

Could perhaps be switched to Benjamin regulars or used as an oportunity to introduce pesht regulars

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 28 June 2011, 15:48:53 »
H:RW, Pdf, page 35: DCMS:
In the section about Command Structure, there are references to five warlords and five military districts. This is incorrect, since it should be four in this time period, no Dieron district. The relevant lines: " These five warlords report directly to the Coordinator, ..." and "Each of the five military districts fielded its own “regulars” regiments, ..."

Suggested corrections:
" These four warlords report directly to the Coordinator, ..." and "Each of the four military districts fielded its own “regulars” regiments, ..."

-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #23 on: 30 June 2011, 00:38:51 »
Page 97, under the section titled "Restitution and Cranston (October-November 2577)", first sentence:

"EDITORS NOTE: Restitution and Cranston were among number of Canopian worlds lost during the Succession Wars."

Suggested correction: "among a number"

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #24 on: 30 June 2011, 01:10:47 »
Page 97, under the section titled "Restitution and Cranston (October-November 2577)", second sentence:

"The third and fourth worlds targeted by the SLDF were expected to be hard fights and so were assigned to the battle-
hardened Fifty-seventh Brigade and the Twentieth Division’s Fifty-Eighth Brigade, respectively."

This formatting is inconsistent with the rest of the book.

Suggested correction: "Fifty-eighth Brigade"
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 01:15:59 by Kojak »

- Klarg1

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 30 June 2011, 10:57:24 »
page 5, right column, top paragraph:
"The sergeant sword..."

Typo, suggested correction:

"The sergeant swore..."
page 5, right column, last paragraph:
"The squeal of armor plates, actuators and tank tracks were the only sound..."

"Squeal" is singular, "were" is plural. Suggested correction:

"The squeal of armor plates, actuators and tank tracks was the only sound..."
page 6, left column, second-to-last paragraph:
"The trooper pretended study the papers for a few seconds then grunted. “Ja, Fräulein.” He handed the papers back and made a dismissive gesture. The trio of girls simpered at the solder..."

Missing word, missing letter. Suggested correction:

"The trooper pretended to study the papers for a few seconds then grunted. “Ja, Fräulein.” He handed the papers back and made a dismissive gesture. The trio of girls simpered at the soldier..."
page 6, last word and page 7, first line:
"Second, story just to the left..."

Placement of comma, suggested correction:

"Second story, just to the left..."
page 8, right column, line 18ff.:
"Peeking over the rise, he saw them charging toward the hulking machine. While Baker and the other squads laid down covering fire."

Sentence structure, suggested correction:

"Peeking over the rise, he saw them charging toward the hulking machine while Baker and the other squads laid down covering fire."
page 9, left column, third paragraph:
"“Yes?” he called?"

Question mark. Suggested correction:

"“Yes?” he called."
page 9, left column, fourth paragraph:
"The small man’s eyes took in the scene didn’t react."

Suggested correction:

"The small man’s eyes took in the scene but [he] didn’t react."
page 16, last sentence:
"No state could afford to do so and risk the being marginalized."

Superfluous word. Suggested correction:

"No state could afford to do so and risk being marginalized."
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 12:33:05 by CVB »
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

Neufeld

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 30 June 2011, 14:00:53 »
Historical: Reunification War, pdf, page 47:
Nathan Isaacson bio:
The following sentence is incorrect: "When the need for a military officer to head up the Rim Worlds campaign arose he was elevated
to command of the provisional XIII Corps ...", since there is no mentioning of a provisional XIII Corps elsewhere. Instead it should be the VIII Corps, as mentioned on pages 30 and 129.

Suggested fix:
Change sentence to:
"When the need for a military officer to head up the Rim Worlds campaign arose he was elevated to command of the provisional VIII Corps ..."
« Last Edit: 30 June 2011, 15:28:25 by Neufeld »

-- Grendel Roberts
"
-- Elias Crichell

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #27 on: 30 June 2011, 16:29:42 »
Page 104, sidebar, first paragraph, last sentence:

"Though only a junor officer in the First Free Worlds Guards, she would play a significant role in the outcome."

Suggested correction: "junior"

- Klarg1

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #28 on: 30 June 2011, 16:32:44 »
Page 103, under the section titled "Canopus (March-April 2584)", first paragraph, fourth sentence:

"Marik herself arrived in-system on 29 March, the Albert Marik taking up a geostationary orbit above Delphi, the Magesrtrix’s seat and de facto planetary capital.

Suggested correction: "Magestrix's"

- Klarg1

lrose

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: 30 June 2011, 17:37:25 »
Page 116

"Forlough pressed a wide and deep attack against Semal, where both the Pitcairn Legion’s and the Fourth Alliance Armored Division’s HQs and DropShipe were located."

Drop the e at the end.