Author Topic: UK Players Roll Call  (Read 44805 times)

Lucky_Striker

• Recruit
Re: UK Players Roll Call
« Reply #120 on: 08 May 2017, 18:37:45 »
Not so sure about the butt handing :-)
But definitely looking forward to trying to do it !

Surely, there are other BT old timers in London.
Please make yourselves known

Duce

• Recruit
« Reply #121 on: 20 June 2017, 09:17:42 »
Duce - Belfast Northern Ireland.

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #122 on: 23 June 2017, 03:38:21 »
Does anybody know of any UK demo agents? Might be quite fun to add to the worldwide event.

Thanks,

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #123 on: 14 April 2018, 18:05:41 »
It's been almost a year since anyone in the UK added anything, any new blood got something to tell us?

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #124 on: 19 April 2018, 11:43:16 »
Me and Lucky have been playing pretty regularly in central london since I last commented in this Thread. I asked on the Euro catalyst demo facebook page about some kind of launch event for the new box sets and looks like their may be something up in Coventry.

Getz isn't too far away, but my job makes going on a set time/day a bit difficult.

But other than that haven't found/converted any new players.

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #125 on: 21 April 2018, 05:04:17 »
Do you have any more info on the Coventry event, that's pretty close to me so i'd like to check it out

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #126 on: 21 April 2018, 15:57:32 »
Coventry is only a couple of hundred miles away - I might be able to make that  ;D
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #127 on: 25 April 2018, 17:51:17 »
I believe the store is called Young’s hobbies in Coventry. But no hard details until there is a release date. That’s all the information I have about it.

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #128 on: 28 April 2018, 11:55:11 »
Thanks, I've seen Young's on Facebook, I'll drop them a line and see what's happening.

jamesbeil

• Corporal
« Reply #129 on: 08 May 2018, 01:52:48 »
James Beil - Northants

(Also, include Alfie Freeman - Northants, he's the mate I've just roped into the game!)

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #130 on: 25 June 2018, 05:17:16 »
Just a heads up, but it looks like the English Battletech championship is in Young's hobbies in Coventry in November. I'm thinking of going, although never played in a championship before.

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #131 on: 10 July 2018, 07:18:12 »
I'll try to get along to Young's if only to watch.

MikhailF

• Recruit
« Reply #132 on: 09 December 2018, 08:11:07 »
Hi all, bumping this thread to see if much is happening in the North West?

I'm in Lancaster.

Have been getting back into the lore recently (and the new PC games) but I played a lot of tabletop and megamek back in the day.

Cheers,
Mikhail

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #133 on: 13 December 2018, 02:30:10 »
There is a reasonable group of UK players on Facebook that post from time to time. But yeah, it’s pretty tricky. Hopefully when the new box set is released that will be a good time to get some new players interested!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #134 on: 13 December 2018, 03:56:45 »
There is a reasonable group of UK players on Facebook that post from time to time. But yeah, it’s pretty tricky. Hopefully when the new box set is released that will be a good time to get some new players interested!

Don't think I'm part of that - what's it called?
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #135 on: 13 December 2018, 16:21:35 »

Don't think I'm part of that - what's it called?

I'd like to know as well.

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #136 on: 15 December 2018, 16:23:45 »
Battletech International

Battletech UK

There’s also Battletech Players by Zipcode. Which has a couple of uk people on.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: 16 December 2018, 07:49:24 »
Battletech International

Battletech UK

Join request sent to Battletech UK

Laz

• Recruit
« Reply #138 on: 31 January 2019, 14:23:54 »
Greetings everyone

I'm about to move down to the South of London for a new job. Picked up both boxsets today I'm looking to get back into the tabletop version of the game. Do you guys still meet in Central London?

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #139 on: 31 January 2019, 18:18:50 »
Greetings everyone

I'm about to move down to the South of London for a new job. Picked up both boxsets today I'm looking to get back into the tabletop version of the game. Do you guys still meet in Central London?

I don't know about Central London, but there's an active community in Gravesend, just down the Thames Estuary.  If you're in south east London we might be convenient for you.

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #140 on: 31 January 2019, 19:13:15 »
Greetings everyone

It might not be possible for me to get to South London hugely regularly but I may be moving to be closer and so able to come up sometimes

On a different note, there appears to be a nice (from looking at the website) FLGS in Poole in Dorset
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

MikhailF

• Recruit
« Reply #141 on: 05 February 2019, 02:58:51 »
Battletech International

Battletech UK

Thanks for this, have joined the group.

Hoping there are some players around the Manchester/Liverpool areas which are reasonably close to me.

Laz

• Recruit
« Reply #142 on: 07 February 2019, 16:40:57 »
I don't know about Central London, but there's an active community in Gravesend, just down the Thames Estuary.  If you're in south east London we might be convenient for you.

Indeed potentially going to be in the South East so definitely going to make a note to contact you guys when I've moved.

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #143 on: 07 February 2019, 19:50:47 »
Indeed potentially going to be in the South East so definitely going to make a note to contact you guys when I've moved.

Awesome, message me if you find yourself in the region.  Our games club meets on Wednesdays, but there's a games store in town where we sometimes play at the weekend.

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #144 on: 02 March 2019, 11:24:41 »
Hey London folk,

I do still play. I haven't been into Dark Sphere for a while as the games have grown to a campaign size so more suited to playing at someone's house. Would be up for a skirmish game though. Gravesend is only a 35 minute drive for me (Poplar)

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #145 on: 02 March 2019, 16:45:15 »
Hey London folk,

I do still play. I haven't been into Dark Sphere for a while as the games have grown to a campaign size so more suited to playing at someone's house. Would be up for a skirmish game though. Gravesend is only a 35 minute drive for me (Poplar)

Funny you should mention that...

We're running a Battletech event in Gravesend on March 30th.
https://www.facebook.com/events/562719194138319/

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #146 on: 04 March 2019, 04:17:41 »
Should be able to make that. What are the rules for what to bring?

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #147 on: 04 March 2019, 18:54:54 »
To be honest, anything you like - although I'd prefer if it was an official design and if it's using any exotic tech I'd appreciate it if you brought the appropriate rules along, although I will have my copies of tac-ops and interplanetary ops available.

However, I'd suggest bringing a "stable" of four or more mechs, one in each weight class and using relatively conventional tech.  The event is meant to be for beginners as well as veterans so be nice and only bring one horribly abusive machine...  ;)

I'm running the event so I'll be bringing a butt-ton on mechs of different weights and tech levels for people to pick up and play, so I should be able to match something reasonably fair against anything that a player brings themselves.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #148 on: 24 April 2019, 09:04:23 »
Hey, Birmingham here, never played a game other than MegaMek, never even touched a mini (gasp!).

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #149 on: 24 April 2019, 09:06:51 »
Is it me or has Young's Hobbies just closed down? I'm guessing the championships won't be held there? I would have liked to go and watch