Author Topic: UK Players Roll Call  (Read 44968 times)

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Re: UK Players Roll Call
« Reply #90 on: 14 August 2014, 08:00:04 »
Afternoon all.

Just to let you know that we will be attending the Dragondaze one day event in Newport on the 20th September and hosting a Welsh Nationals Open style tournament for new and experienced players alike.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: 14 August 2014, 11:31:14 »
I'm hopefully going to Dragondaze, and while I suspect I won't be able to participate (I think I'll be playing other boardgames with friends, assuming we snag a free table) I'm looking forward to watching some BattleTech being played there.

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

Paint it Pink

• Warrant Officer
  • Pink Panther Battalion: The Gritty Kitty's
    • Paint it Pink
« Reply #92 on: 19 August 2014, 03:30:44 »
Is anyone going to Blast-Tastic! on the 4th of October near Bristol?
The unseen once seen cannot be unseen

http://panther6actual.blogspot.com/

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #93 on: 02 December 2014, 08:03:11 »
Are there any new UK BT/AS players around, if so add yourself to the list  O0

mcjomar

• Corporal
  • Don't think, Mechwarrior, find out!
« Reply #94 on: 17 March 2015, 03:50:10 »
I'm a CBT gamer in the croydon area.
I hear there's a club at 25 St George's Walk, at the "legends" shop (if it's still open).
Not sure if it does battletech there though.
Courage and Honour!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #95 on: 17 March 2015, 12:42:21 »
I hear there's a club at 25 St George's Walk, at the "legends" shop (if it's still open).

That's pretty close to me - I'm in Morden
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Tokage

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #96 on: 29 March 2015, 05:22:34 »

Heroes and Legends closed last year.
Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men. - HRH D. Dravot

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #97 on: 01 June 2015, 18:12:00 »
OK, any more for any more?

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #98 on: 01 June 2015, 20:50:25 »
Irregular player here, based in West Cumbria.
Our local gaming club is primarily RPG-focused, with one GM who runs MW2 games, and I have occasionally run short BT campaigns.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 03 June 2015, 13:28:15 »
Not sure how i've managed to miss this thread for so long  :-[

Glenn
Yelverton, Devon.

A2ndChapter

• Recruit
    • A 2nd Chapter
« Reply #100 on: 07 June 2015, 12:53:17 »
Dave in Fife Scotland.
Play Alpha Strike irregularly at DWARF in Dunfermline - http://www.dwarfclub.com/ and ENT in Anstruther - http://eastneuktabletop.org/

Interested to know how big the AS community is in Scotland.
Not the reincarnation of King Arthur simply a gamer writing a new chapter on rediscovering his hobby.

Peter Reynolds

• Recruit
« Reply #101 on: 05 July 2015, 17:27:52 »
I  actually played 2 battle tech games in Rhyl the other weekend. 1st time in a long while. I'm Chester based and have said hello on this post before. I have the 2008 intro boxset and Total warfare plus loads of mechs and tanks. Started playing when 2nd ed came out so still have loads of the older books & mechs. I have Alpha strike but not played that much recently. ( yep I know the pv's have changed). I may be an older player but I'm not dead yet! O0

LynxHowell

• Private
« Reply #102 on: 28 August 2015, 07:20:03 »
Hey all,

I have just started to get into the Battletech game and could do with someone/a group to help me learn the rules. Been a fan of the universe since Mechcommander 1 and always enjoyed miniature collecting, but I finally decided I need to actually play the game! Got plenty of models and I am located in Derbyshire (halfway between Birmingham and Derby). I work in Birmingham too. So if anyone is in the local area, do let me know!

-Ben

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #103 on: 01 September 2015, 05:10:51 »
Folks,

have added the details for the Welsh Nationals on 19th Sept in the Challenges and Gatherings forum and on the Catalyst Demo team forum.

Any questions you can ping me or leave a message on the forum

Cheers

Shichiro

aranax

• Recruit
« Reply #104 on: 26 September 2015, 10:18:06 »
Marcos,

Birmingham/Walsall - West Midlands

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #105 on: 23 November 2016, 07:49:09 »
Been a long while since this was up top, any new UK players want to add their names to the list?

Pika

• Recruit
« Reply #106 on: 12 December 2016, 16:38:52 »
Hey there guys!

Go by the name Pika - Currently living in Sheffield and will be returning to Liverpool after May 2017.

If you're in the area give me a poke. I'm also about on MegaMek and MWO as the same name so if you see me around, say hi! :D

sshagent

• Recruit
« Reply #107 on: 28 December 2016, 11:31:59 »
northampton

lordelwess

• Recruit
« Reply #108 on: 29 December 2016, 14:38:30 »
Tim, from Lincolnshire.

Just unpacked some old Battletech last used in the early 90s. I have the Battltech Compendium, TR3055, TR3057, TR2750 & TR3050 and am about to spend the night seeing just how much out-of-date these rules are!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #109 on: 29 December 2016, 14:48:34 »
Tim, from Lincolnshire.

Just unpacked some old Battletech last used in the early 90s. I have the Battltech Compendium, TR3055, TR3057, TR2750 & TR3050 and am about to spend the night seeing just how much out-of-date these rules are!

Very

I am not sure how up to date/out of date I am though

Still London based by the way
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #110 on: 31 December 2016, 11:02:02 »
Hey there guys!

Go by the name Pika - Currently living in Sheffield and will be returning to Liverpool after May 2017.

If you're in the area give me a poke. I'm also about on MegaMek and MWO as the same name so if you see me around, say hi! :D

Liverpool based myself. So there is a start :-)

MechEnforcer

• Recruit
« Reply #111 on: 31 December 2016, 17:41:39 »
Brandon, close to Aberdeen, Scotland.

Jakapan

• Recruit
« Reply #112 on: 03 January 2017, 14:23:50 »
Tim, where in Lincolnshire are you? My wife is from Louth.

Lucky_Striker

• Recruit
« Reply #113 on: 17 April 2017, 18:19:45 »
Lucky - North London

Used to play a lot as a teenager in the late 80's early 90's
Got back into it two years ago, introducing my kids to the game and universe....

Keen to find players, for casual games
Or if ambitious, for pre-clan era campaign

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #114 on: 24 April 2017, 12:20:12 »
Hey Guys,

Recently South London based (Greenwich) down from Lincolnshire. As it's cropped up in the thread.

I have the starter box set as well as the battle lance.

Up for casual games and perhaps a campaign. Though have always wanted to play a full on time of war-total war campaign, but I appreciate the level of involvement in that.

I'm quite rusty and haven't played a full game to completion yet.

Player around with megamek and against the bot type campaigns, so I feel I have a reasonable grasp of the universe.

Dark Sphere is a cool venue if any of you have been before? Good pubs nearby too and being near Waterloo the connections are pretty decent. Not sure what the requirements are to get a table there.

Thanks,

Battleclad

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #115 on: 03 May 2017, 17:26:14 »

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #116 on: 03 May 2017, 17:59:44 »
Hey Guys,

Recently South London based (Greenwich) down from Lincolnshire. As it's cropped up in the thread.

I have the starter box set as well as the battle lance.

Up for casual games and perhaps a campaign. Though have always wanted to play a full on time of war-total war campaign, but I appreciate the level of involvement in that.

I'm quite rusty and haven't played a full game to completion yet.

Player around with megamek and against the bot type campaigns, so I feel I have a reasonable grasp of the universe.

Dark Sphere is a cool venue if any of you have been before? Good pubs nearby too and being near Waterloo the connections are pretty decent. Not sure what the requirements are to get a table there.

Thanks,

I'm based just down the river in Gravesend.  We have a modest Battletech community of five or six players with differing levels of experience at the local games club.

http://www.gravesendgamersguild.co.uk

We're currently playing a campaign set in the Second succession wars and I'm planning a Jihad era campaign for later in the year.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2017, 18:01:17 by Getz »

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #117 on: 05 May 2017, 04:30:23 »
I'm based just down the river in Gravesend.  We have a modest Battletech community of five or six players with differing levels of experience at the local games club.

http://www.gravesendgamersguild.co.uk

We're currently playing a campaign set in the Second succession wars and I'm planning a Jihad era campaign for later in the year.

Cool. I looked it up and It would take me an hour to get there from Deptford for an £8 pound off peak return. What days of the week do you usually play? I see that the club website mentions wednesday night but not sure if you play outside of the club schedule. I work freelance so plans can often change last minute. But would definitely be up for some skirmish matches at some point.

6-7 players seems a bit more than modest. I have struggled to find a group of players in London so far. I'm sure they exist. It's just finding them.

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #118 on: 05 May 2017, 07:15:04 »
Cool. I looked it up and It would take me an hour to get there from Deptford for an £8 pound off peak return. What days of the week do you usually play? I see that the club website mentions wednesday night but not sure if you play outside of the club schedule. I work freelance so plans can often change last minute. But would definitely be up for some skirmish matches at some point.

6-7 players seems a bit more than modest. I have struggled to find a group of players in London so far. I'm sure they exist. It's just finding them.

The wargames club meets only on Wednesdays, but directly opposite the pub we meet in is a games shop called The Mug and Meeple.  All off us are regulars in the shop and we often game there at the weekends.
http://www.gordianknotgames.co.uk/the-mug-and-meeple/

If you drop into the Mug at any point, tell them that Matt (that's me) told you about them, both the guys who work there are close friends.  I also can usually be found there all afternoon on Wednesdays because I don't work that day or have anything better to do with my time.

Short term, if you'd like to get a game in sometime in the near future, drop me a line and we can work something out.  I have commitments on Monday and Thursday evenings, but otherwise I'm not too busy...
« Last Edit: 05 May 2017, 07:19:01 by Getz »

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Kilderkin

• Corporal
« Reply #119 on: 08 May 2017, 17:33:57 »
The wargames club meets only on Wednesdays, but directly opposite the pub we meet in is a games shop called The Mug and Meeple.  All off us are regulars in the shop and we often game there at the weekends.
http://www.gordianknotgames.co.uk/the-mug-and-meeple/

If you drop into the Mug at any point, tell them that Matt (that's me) told you about them, both the guys who work there are close friends.  I also can usually be found there all afternoon on Wednesdays because I don't work that day or have anything better to do with my time.

Short term, if you'd like to get a game in sometime in the near future, drop me a line and we can work something out.  I have commitments on Monday and Thursday evenings, but otherwise I'm not too busy...

Yeah that sounds good! I will send you a PM when I am back from a Shoot I am on. I have a game lined up with Lucky_Striker first which I am sure I will get my mech butt handed to me. But all good fun!

Register