Author Topic: Michishige Sayumi graduation announcement and other J-idol stuff...  (Read 23635 times)

reppa

• Sergeant
Re: Michishige Sayumi graduation announcement and other J-idol stuff...
« Reply #120 on: 03 September 2016, 00:41:26 »
I'm not 100% certain she's making a full on comeback, though...I don't completely trust my translation skills, and, of course, I no longer have the link to that bit of information -- so it might be unreliable...but that's what it seemed to indicate...

speaking of Sayumi -- her cousin Michishige Saho is in this rather pretty video...

Houkago Princess -- Seishun Mermaid

edited to add two pictures -- the first is a closeup from the PV...
« Last Edit: 03 September 2016, 00:45:09 by reppa »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #121 on: 05 September 2016, 19:55:14 »
Oh, I know she's probably not making a proper comeback. I assume she's just making a single public appearance, but I'm glad to know she's doing well all the same!

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: 09 September 2016, 09:48:28 »
If I remember correctly, but Reina and Aibutt have mentioned that Sayumi has been hanging out with Kamei Eririn a whole lot lately (this, coupled with Sayu's 'I have no interest in ever getting married, and if I do, I'll keep living with my mother & sister' talk has a bunch of fans hoping that Sayu & Eririn are an actual romantic couple...I do admit that finding out it's true would delight me intensely, but I'm realistic enough to not expect it...)

oh, and supposedly Fukumura Mizuki has been named the next H!P leader -- I'm not sure this is true, though...which kind of makes Momoko's, Harunan's, & Ayacho's future look a bit more ominous...
I do like Fukuhime, but she really doesn't seem to have that strength & leadership ability that Sayu had...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #123 on: 23 September 2016, 22:09:56 »
Kasahara Momona may actually be the biggest weirdo in Anjurumu and H!P...or at least the darkest -- she seems to like posting unusual pictures of herself -- frequently hiding part of her face...
and then there's this one, where she appears as if she's trying to be a chola...

there's plenty of dark, even bordering on scary idols in the indies -- Deep Girl, Zenbu Kimi no Sei da!, Screaming Sixties, Necronomidol, or Guso Drop come to mind -- but in Hello! Project? I don't think anyone like that's ever happened...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #124 on: 02 October 2016, 10:40:14 »
Sayumi Michishige posts 7 words to her blog and Japanese twitter explodes! There's all sorts of "Sayumi returns to the public eye" type articles running! So fabulous! We all miss you, Sayumi!!!!!!!  :D ;D

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #125 on: 04 November 2016, 10:12:33 »
yup -- 4 new blog posts so far...first started with mi, second chi, third shi, and latest ge...it would be funnier if the next two were sa, then ho instead of yu & mi...but then I'm weird...

have you seen/heard anything from colorpointe yet? I've started to dig them -- been around since 2011 (I think), five current or former professional ballerinas (two are now dance teachers), and a really interesting sense of art...

edited to add --

colorpointe -- Rainy Princess...possibly not work safe, because of some lesbian imagery...

they're one of the groups I expect to pay more attention to in the future...
« Last Edit: 04 November 2016, 10:18:13 by reppa »

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #126 on: 05 November 2016, 10:51:14 »
and now it's Momochi's turn...link to official Up Front announcement on the book of the face...

similar to the Cubs thing -- I'm not sure how to react to this...still, I know she will succeed in anything she decides to do...

Momochi blog translation...
« Last Edit: 05 November 2016, 10:53:14 by reppa »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #127 on: 05 November 2016, 11:00:23 »
Considering how ridiculously long Momochi's been at this, & that Berryz Kobo & Buono are wrapping up, I figured this was inevitable. I'm so happy for her that she'll use her degree to go into children's education and I think she'll be the best elementary school teacher in Japan! Sayumi's graduation was kind of devastating for me, but for Momochi I just feel so proud of her! She's been the idol she wanted to be, and now she'll get to be the teacher she wants to be! How awesome!

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #128 on: 05 November 2016, 11:21:55 »
agreed...as I've said before, she's an amazingly clever and talented young woman...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #129 on: 12 December 2016, 19:05:04 »
good news, everyone! The new 13ki members of Morning Musume have been introduced!
Kaga Kaede, age 17, from Tokyo, and the Hello!Pro Kenshuusei...
and
Yokoyama Reina, age 15, from Saitama, and the KSS...

since I really don't follow the trainees that much, I don't know too much about these two...
I am mildly disappointed that the other Reina (Ichioka) still hasn't debuted, and I kinda wanted Takase Kurumi to join the big group, since Kurumi is one of my favorite Japanese girls names...

also -- first 2nin generation in MM history...

...oh, and I'm aware & embarrassed by my adding that same video twice so close together....my excuse? I was tired, and I had a long day...

pictures -- Kaede first, Reina second..

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #130 on: 12 December 2016, 19:15:46 »
Saw the new members introduction, and I'm looking forward to seeing them perform!

What do you think of Michishige's announcement that she's returning to performing, and what do you think lies ahead for her?

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #131 on: 12 December 2016, 21:56:02 »
I'm excited about both...

Sayumi...I think what ever she tries will be interesting...maybe she can drag Kamei Eririn out of her self-imposed exile...part of me wants to say something about singing lessons for Sayu, but that's probably mean...

a bit of interesting trivia -- Anju's young pup Momona is an Eririn wota...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #132 on: 12 December 2016, 22:03:06 »
I wanted to ask -- thoughts & opinions on Kobushi Factory's newest song/pv, Kobushi no Hana? I think it's their best since their debut single...and I kind of now want an Inoue Rei enka mini album...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #133 on: 24 December 2016, 20:47:17 »
I don't know if you've seen this (I just saw it for the first time myself) -- Momochi and others reactions to her graduation announcement...
I liked Risahime's teasing...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #134 on: 12 January 2017, 22:32:05 »
two hiatus-type things going on...

first, Sato Masaki has a herniated disk in her lower back, and is expected to be sidelined through most of February...(even if I find her annoying much of the time, I hope she can recover quickly and completely)...

second, Aikawa Maho of Anjurumu is out indefinitely because she's been having severe panic and anxiety attacks...this scares me more than the Sato news, because I really, really like AiAi, and think she's a sweet, delightful goofball...

and third, Rei from Yumemiru Adolescence has been out for several months now -- throat polyp problems similar to what Okai Chisato had surgery for last year...but unlike Chissa, Rei's recovery seems to be taking a lot longer...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #135 on: 08 February 2017, 01:11:21 »
some incredibly sad news -- Ebichu member Matsuno Rina has passed away...
cause of death hasn't been announced yet, but she had been ill recently, missing some of their shows...
Ebichu is not a group I'm very familiar with, but this is a hell of a gut punch...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #136 on: 08 February 2017, 01:14:44 »
Rev. from DVL (aka Hashimoto Kanna and some other girls) has announced that they will disband in a couple months...
they're another group I really haven't payed attention to...

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #137 on: 08 February 2017, 01:33:17 »
And another 'what the hell?' sort of thing -- Kamiya Erina of Kamen Joshi received a death threat on her blog...
even if you're not a fan of the group, that's scary and ridiculous...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #138 on: 08 February 2017, 07:20:52 »
some incredibly sad news -- Ebichu member Matsuno Rina has passed away...
cause of death hasn't been announced yet, but she had been ill recently, missing some of their shows...
Ebichu is not a group I'm very familiar with, but this is a hell of a gut punch...

That was some crazy news! I don't follow them either, but the thought of someone dying so young and with so little warning is very disconcerting!

I want to say a number of 12th Gen Morning Musume members had to drop from their latest tour due to really bad influenza. Not a good time to be an idol. Take care of yourselves, girls! I'm looking forward to Brand New Morning! It's only a month away!

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #139 on: 28 February 2017, 20:08:37 »
Brand New Morning...
I really like Kaedy & YokoYoko...a whole lot more than I expected...
Harunan + Miki lines at the 3:33+ mark = reppa-bliss...
Eripon getting a long solo line? does the Dance of Joy...
and there isn't any squeaky vocals to cause ear bleeding for me (aka, no Sato Masaki -- who, according to recent news, will be returning in mid March...)

oh, and not that it means much -- Miyoshi Erika (from V-u-den) has become a mother...which I suppose is good/happy news...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #140 on: 28 February 2017, 20:28:42 »
 O0

Damn, I'm really digging this single! I'll have to track it down soon!

reppa

• Sergeant
Sayumi is officially back -- she had her live show & a bunch of the girls showed up for...
there's a couple of songs on the YooToob machine that are supposed to her new stuff, but I'm not completely sure about either -- not from any official channel & all that...
oh, and Sato is back -- and apparently doing some of the same stuff that she injured herself with -- intense dancing...
Maho is still out -- they've recorded a single without her, so that's kinda troubling for Maho fans...

reppa

• Sergeant
oh, something I've probably watched a few too many times recently -- Brats -- the vocalist is half of The Idol Formerly Known as Ladybaby
and her sister is the bassist...
I've also been digging Tsubasa Fly, but they split up last year...

reppa

• Sergeant
and there goes another one -- Kudo Haruka has announced her graduation... (Up Front Link on FB)
this is obviously quite a surprise -- I've seen people mention Duustruction and Duuspair and going through Duu-loss -- which I suppose is right up there with Yuukarin-loss, Uta-loss, or more powerfully Eririn-loss...
but...I can't pretend to be broken up over this one -- I never really liked Kudo, and my opinion of her has only gotten worse after seeing footage of her bullying Makino Maria...

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Yeah, I've got a friend who's kinda blown away by the announcement. Can't say I've ever been a particular fan of Kudo's, though.

reppa

• Sergeant
I probably should have posted about this sooner, but Fujii Rio, Kobushi Factory subleader & oldest member, has announced her graduation, which is supposed to happen at the end of their Summer tour -- her plans are to finish school, & then to study either nursing or teaching (one translation I've seen suggests it's nursery school education)...
this one -- unlike the Kudo one -- really bothers me, since I've been part of the Kobushi-gumi from when they were just the atarashii yuuniito brought together...at times it feels like something with long claws is digging into my chest...
the world is a scary place...

edited to add this -- seriously silly Kobushi story...
something to keep in mind -- the Renako mentioned is the same girl in my avatar...
« Last Edit: 16 May 2017, 21:02:53 by reppa »

reppa

• Sergeant
Country Girls is going on a pseudo-hiatus... (warning -- Up Front official FB page)...
After Momoko graduates, Country Girls will be downgraded to a "holidays & long vacations performances only group -- Morito Chisaki, Funaki Musubu, & Yanagawa Nanami will continue activities (speculation I've seen says maybe a Buono-type group focused on these three, or possibly a new group with the soon to debut Danbara Ruru, Ichioka Reina, & Ayano (I forget her family name)...Risahime is supposed to focus on her college studies, Ozeko is supposed to focus on her high school studies...
this is really weird & unnerving...

adding Yamaki Risa blog entry...
she does not sound happy about this...
« Last Edit: 10 June 2017, 00:32:52 by reppa »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I feel bad, because I've started to like Country Girls somewhat, but I have a friend who's hated on Momochi for so long, I couldn't help but laugh at him over this! Truthfully, I think H!P is making a good decision - they aren't being successful at managing so many groups. They need to focus on Angerme & Morning Musume, and funnel all their energy & talent that way. The factory teams just aren't really taking off in a big way.

reppa

• Sergeant
I think part of the problem with the Factories is partially that the office has spent too much time doing one of the H!P virtues with them -- namely recycle, recycle, recycle...

oh, and they've announced what will be done with the Country Girls -- link to unofficial Chiima's blog...
Morito Chisaki to MoMusu...
Yanagawa Nanami & Danbara Ruru to Juice=Juice...
and Funaki Musubu & Kawamura Ayano to Anjurumu...
and they're creating another new unit centered on/with/by Ichioka Reina...(no name or additional members revealed yet)...

also -- the bad with the good or weird -- some idiot threw a lit flare at Hirate Yurina of Keyakizaka46 during their handshake event a couple of days ago -- I don't think there were any injuries, but apparently the guy told the authorities he wanted to kill someone...(I don't have a link to a news report, though.)...

reppa

• Sergeant
speaking of one of the Factories -- this is kinda amusing...
on a Wota in Translation thing, someone said he wanted to see Ogata Risa in a recruit suit, so I think he got his wish...

other stuff -- Aikawa Maho did an update -- she's still on hiatus, is attending university (photography major!), and is hoping to return after the end of the Autumn tour...she did say she couldn't leave her house for a couple of months, because of the anxiety over potential panic attacks outside, and it may be translation error, but it said something about panic induced seizures, too -- even scarier...

and Ogawa Rena is also on a hiatus, also because of anxiety disorder issues...

and Fujii Rio, who was supposed to graduate from Kobushi Factory in September, has been fired for 'rules violations' -- no details...

considering those, and how Taguchi Natsumi was so attached & almost imprinted on both RioRio & Hamaura Ayano, maybe they should rename Kobushi Factory to Neurosis Factory...

Register