Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 153696 times)

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« on: 16 July 2014, 06:25:33 »
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And in strange aeons, even death may die.

New Clan Nova Cat discussion thread since the old one reached the magic Lock Me number.
Remember, Clan Nova Cat is not dead, it's just pining for the fjords.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2014, 06:50:22 »
Still not dead - running from the Zombies!!

Hey we could get the October XTRO with this thread  :D

Istal, it was the magic number +1 cause we yap a lot
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2014, 07:07:04 »
Ya know?  There were actually more Nova Cats in the Republic than there ever were in the Combine.  Of course not in the sort of numbers that made the Wolf Empire possible, but significant none the less.

So, I'm thinking the huge numbers of canister kids grown in vats will eventually become a thing of the past, and the emphasis will be on quality over quantity.  So, the Cats can revert to biological reproduction without mechanical intervention and have greater variety in the (already stagnant) gene pool.

The next generation will still be Clan Warriors, but instead of Trueborn, they'll be Newborn, and even the epithet of Freebirth will lose its power as an insult.

The Spirit Cats can Dance, let's show the other Clans how it's done.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2014, 08:38:15 »
Remember, the Nova Cat's spines can still kill you long after the Nova Cat has passed away.  Watch out DC, you have been poisoned and you will soon see the toxins infest your nation.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2014, 09:19:09 »
Bah, they did a fine job poisoning themselves with the Black Dragon Society.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2014, 09:34:08 »
Ya know?  There were actually more Nova Cats in the Republic than there ever were in the Combine. 

How do you figure? I mean, considering that only a fraction of the Clan emigrated and it's not as if they experienced some massive boom in population in the Republic.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2014, 10:10:55 »
I'll not be surprised when the DC gets stomped. It's bears I'm wanting to kill.  >:D
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2014, 10:53:40 »
How do you figure? I mean, considering that only a fraction of the Clan emigrated and it's not as if they experienced some massive boom in population in the Republic.

Well I'm sure you might say three Galaxies and a fleet of warships doesn't sound like much at the end of the Jihad when Stone called support to protect the new Republic.  But, unlike the Combine and the 2nd SOL, ties were not cut and personell was not abandoned.  Perhaps some did emigrate and resettle, but many more may have seen it as a Tour of Duty, and returned to the reservations in the Combine as new sibkos and new support units patrol larger areas in the Republic.

It might not be expressly written as 'Canon' but it follows the same logic as the real world.  "There are more XX-people in the 'New Lands' than there ever were in the 'Old Country'." 

I may have missed it somewhere, but I'm still hoping to find a reference of even one Canon Personage that died of old age peacefully in his sleep without the help of an assassin or extreme destruction event.  Dieing in your cockpit after crushing your last enemy under the mech's foot doesn't count.

GC

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2014, 12:29:01 »
I'll not be surprised when the DC gets stomped. It's bears I'm wanting to kill.  >:D

Both make juicy targets
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2014, 14:01:12 »
Dragon brains. Bear brains.
Both delicious.
Braaaaains.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2014, 16:07:03 »
Both delicious.
Braaaaains.

We're going to get a lot of that in this thread Quiaff?

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2014, 16:28:03 »
As a side note, the Zombie Catgirl Preservation Society is planting Hydrangeas on all the occupied worlds.  Rumor has it that nibbling on the leaf helps to delay the rotting of the zombie flesh.

GC

Meow Liao

• Warrant Officer
  • The PPC Kitty
« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2014, 17:03:18 »
What is dead may never die.   O:-)

It is too bad the Cats didn't have more warships.  My cats and I are huge supporters of Bloodhouse Morris, but we love our warships too much.

Good luck, Cats, in your next seven lives. 

Meow Liao

Have some plum wine with that PPC.

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2014, 20:17:52 »
Both delicious.
Braaaaains.

You don't have to be dead to be okay with that.  O0
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"Being tactful in audacity is knowing how far one can go too far."
Jean Cocteau

The Once & Future WiseOldNovaCat

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2014, 21:41:02 »
Hey, my parents grew up in a sizable Indiana town that apparently had a couple of diners than specialized in fried brain sandwiches. No undead-ness required.

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #15 on: 16 July 2014, 23:12:42 »
What is dead may never die.   O:-)

It is too bad the Cats didn't have more warships.  My cats and I are huge supporters of Bloodhouse Morris, but we love our warships too much.

Good luck, Cats, in your next seven lives. 

Meow Liao

Technically we do now.  Very nice ArcShips.  :D

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 17 July 2014, 06:10:36 »
We had plenty. They just had a bad habit of getting blown up.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 17 July 2014, 15:22:52 »
We had plenty. They just had a bad habit of getting blown up.

Or gifted to factions of wanna be greatness

That said overall the Nova Cat navy did quite well.  If it weren't for the naval forces more of our civvies would have been captures or killed in homeworlds.  Our navy was one reason the SLDF and DC (before they turned stupid) liked.  During the Jihad they protected Irece from nuclear hell, helped get ground forces onto Luthien, Buckminster and throughout Word of Blake territory.  And they made up the lions share of WarShips deployed at Terra.

All pretty impressive for a "minor" clan faction.

PS see that not once in all that did I mention that we trashed the Ghost Bear fleet...  :-\ :P

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2014, 12:26:45 »
PS see that not once in all that did I mention that we trashed the Ghost Bear fleet...  :-\ :P

Sorry we were too busy slaughtering the DC fleet

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #19 on: 21 July 2014, 07:43:09 »
The Nova Cat Navy didn't survive the Jihad well.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 21 July 2014, 07:57:25 »
The Nova Cat Navy didn't survive the Jihad well.

Even so, we sent them all to Stone's Republic, and the Combine wasn't happy about that.

GC

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2014, 13:28:37 »
Even so, we sent them all to Stone's Republic, and the Combine wasn't happy about that.

GC

Really tempted to throw in a snarky "boo hoo, poor snakes" comment, but I'm better than that.

Yup, I'm better than that.  :P

Jean Cocteau

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #22 on: 21 July 2014, 13:34:55 »

GC

Maybe because the Cats were supposed to be watching the Ghost Bear border in exchange for the continued cooperation/territory the Combine gave them  The loss of the Nova Cat navy left a hefty gap in the Combine's naval defense.  Just look at the second war with the Dominion.  It would have been a very different fight had the Nova Cat navy been operating in tandem with the DCA.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2014, 16:14:04 »
Maybe because the Cats were supposed to be watching the Ghost Bear border in exchange for the continued cooperation/territory the Combine gave them  The loss of the Nova Cat navy left a hefty gap in the Combine's naval defense.  Just look at the second war with the Dominion.  It would have been a very different fight had the Nova Cat navy been operating in tandem with the DCA.

At the same time if the Black Dragons had not started striking Nova Cat shipping during the Jihad things may have gone differently

The biggest problem the Combine had was they had NO agreement over the disposition of the Nova Cat navy.  When Stone fought to send the Nova Cats back during the Jihad that victory won the ground forces but the navy were under no such agreement.

Now the Jihad was not the Nova Cats greatest hour to begin with.  Recalling all their forces to Irece abandoning the Combine probably did not make the host nation very happy but for the DCA Black Dragon aligned naval units to start attacking the Cat shipping was a step too far which I believe is why none returned.  At least in the Republic they could be repaired in the Combine I'm not sure if that would have been a guarantee
« Last Edit: 21 July 2014, 16:16:55 by Dragon Cat »

tbrminsanity

• Master Sergeant
  • 1st Dragoncat Cluster
    • TBRMInsanity's Website
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2014, 23:34:04 »
At the same time if the Black Dragons had not started striking Nova Cat shipping during the Jihad things may have gone differently

The biggest problem the Combine had was they had NO agreement over the disposition of the Nova Cat navy.  When Stone fought to send the Nova Cats back during the Jihad that victory won the ground forces but the navy were under no such agreement.

Now the Jihad was not the Nova Cats greatest hour to begin with.  Recalling all their forces to Irece abandoning the Combine probably did not make the host nation very happy but for the DCA Black Dragon aligned naval units to start attacking the Cat shipping was a step too far which I believe is why none returned.  At least in the Republic they could be repaired in the Combine I'm not sure if that would have been a guarantee

Even without West's vision,  a fight between the DC and CNC was inevitable. Could we have ever won?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2014, 23:40:15 »
Even without West's vision,  a fight between the DC and CNC was inevitable. Could we have ever won?

Depends upon your definition of "winning".  Could the CNC regained their independence?  Yes.  Could they have defeated the DCMS and established themselves as a separate state within the DC borders?  No.  Could they have established themselves elsewhere?  Yes.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 22 July 2014, 00:04:42 »
Depends upon your definition of "winning".  Could the CNC regained their independence?  Yes.  Could they have defeated the DCMS and established themselves as a separate state within the DC borders?  No.  Could they have established themselves elsewhere?  Yes.

This

Pre-jihad they'd have had a better chance but then they'd have had to go up against the SLDF to do it which wouldn't have been pretty (all the Succession States)

After the Jhad pre blackout would have been possible but where would they go?

Post Blackout pre actual bid more possible - when they should have gone taking territory from the Republic or on behalf of them vega-esque could have worked

WONC

• Warrant Officer
  • Don't Stop Believin'
« Reply #27 on: 22 July 2014, 01:33:28 »
This

Pre-jihad they'd have had a better chance but then they'd have had to go up against the SLDF to do it which wouldn't have been pretty (all the Succession States)

After the Jhad pre blackout would have been possible but where would they go?

Post Blackout pre actual bid more possible - when they should have gone taking territory from the Republic or on behalf of them vega-esque could have worked

I wonder though, given the fact that the Cats committed themselves to the Star League fully, and occupied snake worlds due to an agreement with Teddy K., if the Cats could have migrated themselves to a different, more "permanent" home under the auspices of being SLDF elite forces? I have no idea where they could have gone (maybe the Davion/Liao or St. Ives/Liao (before Xin Sheng gets going) border), but it would definitely have been more of a possibility while Teddy K. was still alive. As much as I despise the snakes, Teddy was... alright.

Jean Cocteau

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 22 July 2014, 04:46:47 »
Yup Wonc I always did too strange how families and perceptions change

In a very early draft of my AU I had the Nova Cats stipulate they got to move away from the Clans if they helped defeat the Jags although they didn't out and out betray the other Clans the three options were

Lyon's Thumb which they rejected because the Lyrans wanted the worlds back and it was beside the Combine

St Ives the lower half it basically turned St Ives into an SLDF protectorate eventually I rejected that as well too much hassle.

The third was the Chaos March I had the Nova Cats move in then absorb the highlanders and Dragoons the Capellans and Combine attacked then so Liao and Dieron became occupied then came the big WoB fight eventually the Nova Cats ceased to be the Nova Cats so I dropped the AU completely and went back to the drawing board

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #29 on: 22 July 2014, 06:12:34 »
Well, I think the CNC fleet helped the DC stay 'honest'. A fleet of warships that outnumbers your host tends to do that. When we still had that, we had one heck of a deterrent.

Losing all of it means our ground forces are all that keeps the DC from getting greedy. In the long run, I still think the DC would have 'won' via company store, but we'd be more like the Azami.