Author Topic: Taurian Concordat question(s)  (Read 14757 times)

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Re: Taurian Concordat question(s)
« Reply #30 on: 23 August 2016, 01:01:42 »
The simple reason is that the Concordant has always had a uneasy relationship with the Federated Suns going back six centuries. This means that it varies from wariness to out and out paranoid.

When Sharplin took the leadership role, he saw Davion spies hiding behind every tree. His sate of mind wasn't help by the Word of Blake, who were running the Concordant's HPG stations. The Concordant had always considered the Pleiades Cluster theirs, even though they hadn't controlled them for centuries.

So, Duke Hasek decides to invades the Confederation. Sharplin decides that raids against Davion would be a good idea (Whether or not the Word influenced this mindset is open to discussion). The raids happen, the Concordant troops find the Davion garrisons are gone, so they turn the raids into occupations. One of those worlds was Bromhead, where they massacred two thousand dependents of Hansen's Roughriders.

To make it short, the Roughriders stamped a few Concordant formations into paste, and the Concordant backed off. Then the Concordant capital was obliterated by asteroids, and the evidence pointed to the Davions. The Concordant launch a full-scale invasion, throwing nukes around at the slightest hint of resistance. The Davions managed to get enough forces together to halt the Concordant and face them back. A few years after the Jihad, the Davion grabbed most of the Concordant border worlds (Though the Concordant hung onto the Pleiades) and forced the Concordant to sue for peace. Now in the Dark Age, the Concordant is a military dictatorship with a weak military and paranoid in the extreme

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Prussian Havoc

• Recruit
  • "Combined Arms, Assured Victory!"
« Reply #31 on: 14 September 2016, 09:05:56 »
By Harebrained Schemes' Aurigan Coalition Backstory Kickstarter Update, it appears that in 3025 the "Winds of War" are blowing between the Taurian Concordat and the Aurigan Coalition.

My question is: As HBS launches BATTLETECH next Summer, can we expect CGL to incorporate any resulting conflict between the Concordat and the Coalition into Canon and Lore?
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles ~ Sun Tzu

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 18 September 2016, 20:47:19 »
CGL are working with Harebrained on this so it could be a strong possibility.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Register