Author Topic: All New Gratuitious Anime Thread, now with more explosions!  (Read 146728 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: All New Gratuitious Anime Thread, now with more explosions!
« Reply #30 on: 18 June 2016, 07:51:49 »
Macross Delta - Episode 11
Aftermath of episode 10 resonates through this episode. The Death of the Roy Fokker of Delta Platoon, Messer, makes a emotional episode.  Shot through the heart, which pretty scary marksmanship of the "White Knight" Keith, son of the King.  The Protoculture merchants succeed reviving the ancient Protoculture Ship and brings the fight to claim the last of the worlds with ruins so they can take over the Starwind Quadrant with minecontrol.  Hayate puts his big boy pants on wants make of the loss of Messer. Episode ends with Windereren Fleet showing up on the door step of hour fair hero's world.

My thoughts: Wow, is it me or they're really rushing?  This is suppose to be a 24 episode series and producers/writers have already setting the stage for a climax of-sorts for the next episode.  As much i think episode 12 is going have a climax event to accrue, since they dug out the big ship out.  I suspect, they'll loose the planet Al Shahal, our intrepid heros will wage campaign reclaim the Brisingr Globular Cluster.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #31 on: 18 June 2016, 11:07:36 »
I am really enjoying Macross Delta so far. Still not a big fan of the CGI mecha (fighters often look too thin in battroid mode), but otherwise excellent...

And I really love the song "Giraffe Blues"...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #32 on: 18 June 2016, 13:05:02 »
High School Fleet - Episode 11

So as it turned out, the Musashi tricked everyone into thinking it was heading for the Philippines; when in reality, they were headed to Tokyo Bay. The Blue Mermaids tried their best to stop them, but the infected crew of the Musashi prevented every avenue of rescue. While all this was going on, the Harekaze had also tailed the Musashi and poor Mike was going through a Heroic BSOD.

We also learn that Moeka and her bridge crew are not infected by the virus that seems to be affecting the other ships. They managed to lock themselves in the bridge when the whole catastrophe started and were watching helplessly as their crew attacked their fellow classmates and others under these rodents' orders. So after snapping Mike out of her stupor, Shiro and the Harekaze crew decide to take matters into their own hands to stop the Musashi and save their crew.

Needless to say, it's been one nail-biting episode.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 18 June 2016, 13:39:16 »
High School Fleet - Episode 11

So as it turned out, the Musashi tricked everyone into thinking it was heading for the Philippines; when in reality, they were headed to Tokyo Bay. The Blue Mermaids tried their best to stop them, but the infected crew of the Musashi prevented every avenue of rescue. While all this was going on, the Harekaze had also tailed the Musashi and poor Mike was going through a Heroic BSOD.

We also learn that Moeka and her bridge crew are not infected by the virus that seems to be affecting the other ships. They managed to lock themselves in the bridge when the whole catastrophe started and were watching helplessly as their crew attacked their fellow classmates and others under these rodents' orders. So after snapping Mike out of her stupor, Shiro and the Harekaze crew decide to take matters into their own hands to stop the Musashi and save their crew.

Needless to say, it's been one nail-biting episode.

While the issues the Captain & XO have had have been noted, both having BSOD moments at the same time just ruined the overall episode for me. I don't know if it's just me, but I think HSF just went off the rails a bit.

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #34 on: 18 June 2016, 21:26:07 »
Been busy with One Piece. Currently on Episode 65 right now, and the story only gets better. My favorite character is the Pirate Hunter, Roronoa Zoro. Also finished Overlord season 1
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

kato

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 18 June 2016, 22:35:53 »
Then you only have about 800 episodes of One Piece left to get up to current... ;)

(stuck somewhere around 550 myself, where there's a few dozen eps going back to the Fish-Man Pirate arc from the beginning)

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #36 on: 18 June 2016, 22:57:01 »
Then you only have about 800 episodes of One Piece left to get up to current... ;)

(stuck somewhere around 550 myself, where there's a few dozen eps going back to the Fish-Man Pirate arc from the beginning)

Ha ha yep! But man do I enjoy it! Yeah those merman were serious jerks in Nami's arc. Love Luffy's "Axe" move
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 18 June 2016, 23:52:21 »
So speaking of Macross...

This TIE Fighter Short Film.

A guy spent 4 years making a short Star Wars space battle in the style of some very classic 80s anime and it made me grin like crazy.

MAKES me grin like crazy.

Yes, it's about a year old, so to some of you it might not be news, but it was new to me as of last week.

So the new Voltron has some of the Avatar team working on it? This is relevant to my interests.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #38 on: 19 June 2016, 04:04:53 »
This TIE Fighter Short Film.

A guy spent 4 years making a short Star Wars space battle in the style of some very classic 80s anime and it made me grin like crazy.

MAKES me grin like crazy.

Yes, it's about a year old, so to some of you it might not be news, but it was new to me as of last week.
It's been mentioned few times in the forums and in previous anime topic. Wish he'd do some BattleTech too...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 19 June 2016, 10:58:49 »
My Hero Academia - 12

Wow...

And this is why, even as his power is fading, you don't piss-off All Might!
I'm also quite impressed at the Manga-to-Anime pacing throughout the run. As of ep 12, up to ch 19 has been covered. With the next ep, I figure ch 20 & 21 will tie up this cour. Honestly, I'm enjoying MHA

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #40 on: 19 June 2016, 12:23:18 »
Agreed. MHA is my second favorite anime this season, macross delta being first because of mercats......i just had the thought of pilots watching mercat videos on their off time.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #41 on: 19 June 2016, 22:28:19 »
I've catched up on with Flying Witch and Bakuon!! Fun & relaxing shows, though with Bakuon!! has few facepalm moments. Now starting with High School Fleet on DAISUKI. Is Joker Game any good?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #42 on: 20 June 2016, 07:21:48 »
my wife and i enjoy Joker game. it has almost a "Section9 in the 1940's" kinda feel to it
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #43 on: 20 June 2016, 13:43:47 »
Haifuri Ep 11: And this is why you still need AA guns, even without planes. Airships are still a thing.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #44 on: 20 June 2016, 21:23:55 »
Haifuri Ep 11: And this is why you still need AA guns, even without planes. Airships are still a thing.
Prehaps Drones are a thing?  I still don't buy this "no aircraft invented" thing. Its too logical of a step to take.  You would have missiles for pitty sakes.  Wasn't there a World War 1?  They had to had learned something or fought something big for the arms race to lead to Yamato-Class being built, or they would had something bigger lurking in the high-school fleet somewhere.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #45 on: 20 June 2016, 22:15:16 »
Prehaps Drones are a thing?  I still don't buy this "no aircraft invented" thing. Its too logical of a step to take.  You would have missiles for pitty sakes.  Wasn't there a World War 1?  They had to had learned something or fought something big for the arms race to lead to Yamato-Class being built, or they would had something bigger lurking in the high-school fleet somewhere.

I find it far more believable than the Battletech Universe where heavy machineguns cannot fire the length of a football field. ;)
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #46 on: 21 June 2016, 05:08:39 »
Macross Delta
They were preparing to counter attack while windmerians were waiting for right moment. Mirage ended up listening on Hayate's and Freyja's conversation. NUNS was going to destroy ruins on Ragna so people were ordered to evacuate just in case. Mikumo got them to delay it until they have carried out attack on that huge ship. How ever when they de-folded windmerians folded and went to attack Ragna.
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #47 on: 21 June 2016, 08:01:32 »
I find it far more believable than the Battletech Universe where heavy machineguns cannot fire the length of a football field. ;)
"effective range" aka the range where it can damage the magic armor of BattleMech! (add some abstract for gameplay)
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

kato

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 21 June 2016, 10:29:22 »
It can't hit infantry beyond that too though...

On that note: Other than continuations* there's no new mecha next season, am I seeing that right?

* Active Raid (Cour 2), Kuromukuro (Cour 2) and Macross Delta (Cour 2)

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 21 June 2016, 10:52:21 »
ok with ressurgence of voltron this was coming sooner or later
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-18/man-at-arms-reforged-tackles-voltron-blazing-sword/.103223

and this is a surprise in itself harmonygold had ok this i guess after some one decided to use crowbar on their claws i guess...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/titan-comics-announces-new-robotech-comic-series/.103347

maybe this time they will keep the nose out of creative proccess and series will be readable...

you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #50 on: 21 June 2016, 11:20:22 »
ok with ressurgence of voltron this was coming sooner or later
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-06-18/man-at-arms-reforged-tackles-voltron-blazing-sword/.103223

and this is a surprise in itself harmonygold had ok this i guess after some one decided to use crowbar on their claws i guess...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-17/titan-comics-announces-new-robotech-comic-series/.103347

maybe this time they will keep the nose out of creative proccess and series will be readable...

Cool Sword, question future for the Comic.  Harmony Gold destroys anything they touch, i followed Robotech II by Jason and John Waltrip for decade before they got cut off when they finally goto into book 5. 

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #51 on: 21 June 2016, 12:28:07 »
On that note: Other than continuations* there's no new mecha next season, am I seeing that right?

* Active Raid (Cour 2), Kuromukuro (Cour 2) and Macross Delta (Cour 2)

I'm pretty sure that's correct. On the other hand, how long has it been since we had 3 simultaneous mecha series? I think it was while Majestic Prince was airing!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #52 on: 21 June 2016, 12:47:48 »
They have airships. Which are still dangerous enough that you'd want some protection against them. People underestimate them, but we used them to very good effect in WWII. They're still faster then a warship and can hover out of weapons range.

Seriously, I dont know why 'No Airplanes' is such a huge deal with people. We have 'High School girls crewing WWII era warships as training for the modern coast guard', but not having airplanes is what pings people as the unrealistic part of the show?  And they do have missiles.

And what do aircraft have to do with the development of the Yamato-class? It's a big battleship designed to kill other ships. We've seen at least one foreign warship, so it's not like no other navy exists.
« Last Edit: 21 June 2016, 12:49:24 by Istal_Devalis »

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #53 on: 21 June 2016, 13:41:10 »
And what do aircraft have to do with the development of the Yamato-class? It's a big battleship designed to kill other ships.
Yamato-san has also 162 AA weapons.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #54 on: 21 June 2016, 13:46:03 »
Completely secondary to the anti-ship guns which are the reason why the battleship exists. We've seen that airship technology has advanced considerably in this setting, the idea that in this Yamato's heyday airships existed that could justify such defensive armaments is completely plausible.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #55 on: 21 June 2016, 14:25:29 »
I picked up High School of the Dead a while back and watched a few episodes and now I'm working on the rest.

I don't ever think I've seen anything where the fanservice was quite so forced before.  I've seen plenty of shows with completely gratuitous fanservice, but never one where it just felt like the studio had a contractual obligation they were fulfilling.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #56 on: 21 June 2016, 15:35:36 »
Every time I see an argument discussion like this, I get the same image in my head.  You can usually replace the word "physics" with just about anything.

Never figured out which anime it was from, but at least I found an animated version of it.  O0
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

kato

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 21 June 2016, 15:47:51 »
Yamato-san has also 162 AA weapons.
As designed and built the Yamato class had six twin 5-inch AA guns (three per side) for long-range and eight triple 25mm AA guns for close-in defense; the AA layout was configured such that other than the broadsides no angle was covered by more than a single 5-inch mount or two 25mm mounts.

Given only airships in the scenario, the Yamato class would likely at least still carry the same number of 5-inch guns as designed; all battleships and cruisers carried such an outfit since the late 20s (usually four twin mounts). Within a no-aircraft universe these also double excellently as close-in anti-destroyer defense as a far more important task btw, given a to-be-developed AP shell. Especially given the crappy low-rate-of-fire reused 155mm guns used as secondary battery on the Yamato class.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #58 on: 21 June 2016, 16:14:06 »
Every time I see an argument discussion like this, I get the same image in my head.  You can usually replace the word "physics" with just about anything.

Never figured out which anime it was from, but at least I found an animated version of it.  O0

I bet that it's from Cat Planet Cuties. 
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

kato

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: 21 June 2016, 16:19:19 »
Entirely wrong aesthetics.

It's from UFO Princess Valkyrie.