Author Topic: VA Beach, Virginia  (Read 3031 times)

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
VA Beach, Virginia
« on: 25 June 2016, 05:44:37 »
We will be meeting at Tower Of Games in VA Beach for a Sunday game in July. The exact Sunday is TBD soon as we work around everyone's R/L commitments. We are looking at the 17th or the 24th. Let me know what day works for you.

The Game specifics:
3025 tech only
3600 BV
Pilot skills can be purchased using BV, 1 or 2 points only.

FYI- Tower of games has moved behind Chick fillet on Indian River Road. Some of our GPS devices still think the store is located at its old location by Greenbriar. So exit on indian river like your going to Regent University and look for chick fillet on your right the store is behind it on Indian River. If you are familiar with the area its close by the armory. You can also send me a PM and I will supply you with my number.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
Re: VA Beach, Virginia
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2016, 14:32:43 »
Do you have an address for the location?  17th would be out for me as that is the same weekend as Historicon, however, I could potential trek down there on the 24th.

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2016, 09:19:36 »
Tower Of Games

5405 Indian River Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23464 

I will let them know, we can try for the 24th. I will post a firm date when I get more info.

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2016, 00:02:00 »
The 24th it is. See you there!

I hope more peeps show. I really want to get CBT going in Hampton Roads again.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2016, 08:52:22 »
If you're on FB you can check out our FB group for more info.

Tidewater Battletech Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/772507292881155/?ref=bookmarks
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2016, 23:39:52 »
Waiting to hear back on a new position at work and we will have to see how well my wallet weathers Historicon.  It it appears it is a 150 miles up and back so I will have to plan out my weekend and perhaps the Monday out accordingly.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2016, 19:20:02 »
If you're willing to drive 3 - 4 hours just to play some blow up some mechanical with us, then you are a better man than I, Sir.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2016, 21:45:25 »
The drive down is easy.  It is the drive back that is a pain.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2016, 07:02:45 »
Small correct to the initial post: BV is 4k per person not 3,600. If you can, bring an extra 4k list in case we have a player with no stuff and an 8k list. In case we have an odd number of players, some one will play a double list.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2016, 11:04:24 »
We will have a game of CBT at TOWER OF GAMES today. 3025 LvL 1 rules using map sheets with minis. More details are above.

Set your GPS for
5409 Indian River Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23464.....Chic-Fillet

For the Highway drivers:Drive like your going to Regent University. Then just look for the Chic-Fillet a little further up the road on your right. When you get off the highway (If you hit a major intersection past the left side shopping center you went too far)

The shop is on your left behind chic- fillet if you are coming from Chesapeake/ Va. Beach (If you make it to Regent University/ bridge over the highway you went too far). 

Tower Of Games is located behind the Chic-Fillet. (Its kind of tricky if its your first time going there so I'm stressing this.)

Your GPS may take you to the game stores old location, and it is further away. My Cars GPS did this to me. LoL.

Game Details are listed above this post. ^^^^^^ by Baron.

yeah man, that's a long drive. You are truly dedicated to the hobby to do this for a pick up game.

If we have enough people show up maybe we can work on a regular schedule for game time.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2016, 21:36:37 »
Sorry I didn't make it down today.  I went up to Paul's game in Glen Burnie yesterday and while I could afford it today ended up being a recovery day.  I start a new position tomorrow and have to be up early for training.  I will try and hit another one of your games though hopefully in the near future.

Battletechplayer2015

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2016, 23:01:48 »
No problem, it is a little far though. We had a goodtime of it. Baron would have won the game we had to stop at 1700.

panzerfaust150

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 27 July 2016, 11:42:33 »
I know I am more NOVA way..but I will be in the area for this convention, wondering if anyone else will be in attendance?

http://hamptonroadsgamers.org/index.html
Clover Spear author and cat wrangler!
FedCom Fan!

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2016, 14:20:42 »
Next game will be September 18th at 2pm at Tower of Games in Virginia Beach. bring a 5000BV list for you and one for a friend. Also have a 10,000BV list if possible in case we have an odd number of players. All tech levels from all eras are available.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2016, 19:51:10 »
I will be out of town for the month of October so the next game will be November 6th at 2pm at Tower of Games. 5K BV per player. We will be using my newly finished 3D terrain.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Goodrat

• Recruit
« Reply #15 on: 29 January 2017, 09:30:45 »
Hi there, was wondering if this group is still active. Longtime since I played an live game but first started playing Battletech in the 80's and I am trying to find an occasional game in the Hampton Roads area.

Thanks!

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #16 on: 29 January 2017, 22:59:48 »
It is in fact active.  I made the drive down from Fredericksburg to play with the chaps today.  I don't believe anything has been firmly decided yet, but there was discussion of a game on the 19th?  I will try and remember to ping the guy who organizes it on Facebook here in a few.  There was no post/reminder here in part because of rescheduling due to conflict with the initial day and the fact the forums were down for a few days this week.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2017, 13:07:16 »
Hey Goodrat,

Firesprocket is correct. We still have our monthly games. We just had our first game yesterday since our holiday break. Currently we are planning on the next game being on Feb 19th at 1pm at Tower of Games in Virginia Beach. We still play Classic Battletech but we are toying with trying out Alpha Strike. If you're on Facebook you can check out our group page: Tidewater Battletech Club. I post pics and battreps from previous games as well well as announcements for upcoming games. We're a pretty friendly and easy going group. We have everything you need to play so you don't need to bring anything. We hope to see you at the table.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Goodrat

• Recruit
« Reply #18 on: 30 January 2017, 19:14:15 »
Nice :) I believe I am working the weekend of the 19th but I sent a join request to the facebook group so I can see what's happening. I have some of the books and a few mechs including a real real old copy of 3025. Biggest thing is if the mini's need to match what's being fielded since my collection is way smaller than what it was back in the day.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #19 on: 05 February 2017, 22:12:20 »
Just confirming that the February game will be on the 19th at 1pm at Tower of Games for anyone interested. 5k BV per person. We have all the supplies you need if you don't have your own. Check the Facebook group for more info and updates.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 04 March 2017, 14:04:17 »
Next game will be March 19 at 1pm at Tower of Games in Virginia Beach. We will be trying Alpha Strike this time. 300 points per player. I will be bring a couple of spare lists for players who don't have any minis.
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Register