Author Topic: Quick Salvage Calculations?  (Read 2468 times)

gigobyte

• Sergeant
  • Rock'em Sock'em Robots that I don't get bored of.
Quick Salvage Calculations?
« on: 21 October 2016, 10:02:07 »
How does one figure out salvage...i know there are things in the books, but lets say the merc group has a contract for shared 60%. how do you quickly figure this out...without having to calculate each armor point and weapon from the enemy mechs that have been downed?

Also how do you guys usually handle salvage...do the mercs need to get off planet with the salvage or is it assumed that the contract providers with do the salvage and then reimburse the mercs? (or will it be the losing side, buying back their parts?)

Thank you

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Quick Salvage Calculations?
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2016, 14:27:33 »
there are a couple ways to do it.

1 easy way to do it would be to say the units are divvied up based on "chassis" so say you salvage 10 mechs in a "repairable" state one side gets 4 and the other gets 6.

another way to do it would be based on value IE add up the cost of all salvaged units and do a "best approximation" of the ratio and if there is a value differential money can be used to "balance it"

I often do/did look at the damage but not so much to figure out that ok I need to replace x armor points at a cost of ... but at least in pert to determine the cost of repair to decide if it is worth repairing, or just strip it down for parts.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2016, 22:39:12 »
Shared salvage is - according to Campaign Ops - figured by tonnage. So if you wind up with 100 tons of salvage at a rate of 60% then 60 tons of it goes to the merc outfit, and the mercs choose which 60 tons.

Under exchange rights all the salvage goes to the employer and the employer pay that percentage of the fair market value back to the mercs. This can be in money or in items. For example it is customary for an employer after the Clan Invasion to provide an equivalent advanced tech item for Clan tech - so an ER PPC for a Clan ER PPC.

Mercenaries bargain hard for shared or full salvage for a reason. Employers usually bargain hard for exchange rights if they have 'Mech forces of their own, especially when the Clans are involved.

In my group we tend to follow the book rules for this.

- Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

jackson123

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2016, 11:49:54 »
Do it by value made into c-bills