Author Topic: (Answered) Is there a point at all for tracking heat in Conventional Fighters?  (Read 2038 times)

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
As far as I can tell, according to the Tech Manual there isn't, but just like the vehicle cards found on the MUL, Conventional fighters have a heat scale.  Is this a mistake?

From Tech Manual page 193
Most aerospace units require heat sinks to dissipate the waste heat generated by their weapons, engines and other equipment. Aerospace fighters can push these heat sinks beyond tolerances, but conventional fi ghters, Small Craft and DropShips operate on a “zero-heat principle,” which means that these units have no Heat Scale during combat and cannot generate any heat in excess of their heat sink capacity.

I've also noticed that not a single Conventional Fighter has an Overheat Value of any kind.

Here's an example of a CF card from the Master Unit List

« Last Edit: 05 December 2016, 10:27:58 by nckestrel »
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Is there a point at all for tracking heat in Conventional Fighters?
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2016, 17:42:41 »
 Conventional fighters don't track heat. They share the same AS card due to development resource limitations.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Re: Is there a point at all for tracking heat in Conventional Fighters?
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2016, 18:15:03 »
Conventional fighters don't track heat. They share the same AS card due to development resource limitations.

Lol.  No problem. I only ask cause there's an AS project I'm working on and it'll matter to me.  :)
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada