Author Topic: MotW Schedule Thread 2017  (Read 231653 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Re: MotW Schedule Thread 2017
« Reply #180 on: 10 April 2017, 05:46:54 »
and this Friday we're letting Hellbie get his Mech's out, he's been waiting too long!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #181 on: 10 April 2017, 07:36:04 »
and this Friday we're letting Hellbie get his Mech's out, he's been waiting too long!

Let's dial that back a notch. If someone wants to post an article, please do so- the idea here really is to get other people doing this more often so people aren't stuck reading my crap to begin with, so if anyone has something, please sound off and post it this week. Mine aren't going anywhere, they're sitting around for a rainy day- someone else should really get their day in the sun instead, so to speak.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #182 on: 10 April 2017, 12:25:41 »
You say this now, but when this week's mech turns out to be the "Jade Hellbringer," a mech with problematic armor, lots of guns, and a propensity to miss comically and fall over some of the time, you may change your tune.

Seriously, though, someone either needs to call this week, or be assigned it.   The Vindi is just an update of an old article (probably, unless my writing from ten years ago bothers me so much I just can't take it any more) so its quick an easy, but two articles in three weeks is perhaps higher density than may appear fair, and if no one else is ready to go then it may prove to be a good day for a rainy day article. 
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #183 on: 10 April 2017, 14:51:13 »
You say this now, but when this week's mech turns out to be the "Jade Hellbringer," a mech with problematic armor, lots of guns, and a propensity to miss comically and fall over some of the time, you may change your tune.

Yeah, yeah, I've used a Hollander II before.

Seriously, though, someone either needs to call this week, or be assigned it.   The Vindi is just an update of an old article (probably, unless my writing from ten years ago bothers me so much I just can't take it any more) so its quick an easy, but two articles in three weeks is perhaps higher density than may appear fair, and if no one else is ready to go then it may prove to be a good day for a rainy day article.

Tell you what, if no one else wants it by Thursday I'll put the Gyrfalcon up- I'd rather someone else take this and run with it, but if there's no other volunteer I'll get this posted.

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #184 on: 10 April 2017, 15:37:07 »
Yeah, yeah, I've used a Hollander II before.

Tell you what, if no one else wants it by Thursday I'll put the Gyrfalcon up- I'd rather someone else take this and run with it, but if there's no other volunteer I'll get this posted.
But the weather forecast said Wednesday, not Thursday or Friday, is gonna be the rainy day this week in our area.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

danumphrey

• Recruit
« Reply #185 on: 10 April 2017, 18:02:21 »
Yes there is: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=12430.msg294852

You can find most articles from the Fan Article Directory: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=174.0
Some posted ones are missing from it though, i haven't gotten around collecting them and sending them to chanman to add. The Dragon Fire is not one of those though.

Ta!  I glossed right over that somehow.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #186 on: 12 April 2017, 01:43:42 »
Looks like the Bruin has never gotten a MotW write up.  Guess I'll put in a request for it.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #187 on: 12 April 2017, 05:49:23 »
I can do the Bruin if folks want :)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #188 on: 12 April 2017, 07:45:14 »
I've heard Hellbie likes Bruins....

:P
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #189 on: 12 April 2017, 07:47:15 »
Huh... looks like it was done, but several years and a forum crash ago. I hadn't realized it had been out that long. Huh.

Yeah, do it up then!

I've heard Hellbie likes Bruins....

:P

Game 1 against Ottawa is tonight! Don't anyone call me, I'm busy!

+Crow T. Robot+

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #190 on: 12 April 2017, 11:52:04 »
I won't have time later today to post MotW, so it's going up a half-day early. FYI.

+Crow T. Robot+

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #191 on: 12 April 2017, 13:58:11 »
Prioritizing Hockey?

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #192 on: 12 April 2017, 14:02:48 »
Prioritizing Hockey?

Heh. Nah, could probably have done it during the game, but honestly I have a very busy two days ahead after this (including my Star Wars RPG night on Thursday and a late meeting on Friday), with a lot to get done at work this week, so it made sense to just do it now and not find on Saturday that I waited too long and someone else jumped in ahead of me. Not ideal, but beats the alternative.

+Crow T. Robot+

Elcor05

• Sergeant
« Reply #193 on: 14 April 2017, 10:51:36 »
Anyone mind if I reserve the Ha Otoko article? I can't find any mention of it more recently than 2014...
"Meekness: Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while." - Ambrose Bierce

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #194 on: 14 April 2017, 11:38:20 »
Sure. I've been actually pondering if should write it or request it, glad to see i no longer need to think about it.

Got enough to write at the moment anyway.
And i'm adding to that, i'll reserve the Thanatos since i have and will be covering other Spheroid heavy cavalry 'Mechs.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #195 on: 14 April 2017, 12:38:14 »
I'll get the schedule updated once and for all over the weekend with anything new here, sorry guys. Long week at work (I love when you get website construction work done, and someone decides to clean out the folders you put all that work in...)

+Crow T. Robot+

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #196 on: 21 April 2017, 15:16:03 »
If someone has an article, go for it, otherwise I can get one thrown up late Friday/early Saturday EST. I'd rather someone else do it since I just did one last week (well, two counting the Scorpion tank), but in a pinch we can continue Falcon fun-times and do the Eyrie.

+Crow T. Robot+

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #197 on: 21 April 2017, 15:48:06 »
I'm out for today, at least unless a nine year old article is desired un-updated (I'd rather put out better work, if I'm to put my name on it, to be honest), though I could do next week easy enough.

However, and this may be perhaps a bit awkward, I had had a mind to strike out at the Shrike myself.  No commentary on Helbie's work, other than that it's worthy of emulation, mind you, and if either he wants it for himself or there's a desire that he would do it best justice, then clearly it should be so, but having been prompted to re-read the relevant books, I have been put in the mood to try and share my thoughts about what the mechs in fact "mean," aside from how they work and how to use them.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #198 on: 21 April 2017, 15:54:55 »
In the past, especially with some of the BA articles, IIRC, the articles have occasionally been tag-teamed, with one writer doing most of it, and a second PMing in his thought, which the main author then spliced in with brackets, italics, etc.  Since there's no rush, perhaps the two of you could get together on the Shrike?
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #199 on: 21 April 2017, 23:35:16 »
With the Bruin, should I also throw the Grizzly in there too seeing as they are basically kissing cousins when it comes to almost everything about them, and there's no Grizzly article.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2017, 23:50:47 by marauder648 »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #200 on: 22 April 2017, 00:23:14 »
If you really want to.  There's only two variants for each.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #201 on: 22 April 2017, 01:51:09 »
Indeed, there's only so much I can pad out the Bruin so doing a Grizzly/Bruin would kill two rather similar birds with one stone.

And there we go, i've done the Grizzly during lunch, and now its time to merge it with the Bruin when I get home.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2017, 07:14:35 by marauder648 »

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #202 on: 24 April 2017, 19:13:03 »

Considering a resurge in Society activity, I would like to request the: Cephalus
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #203 on: 26 April 2017, 06:51:49 »
Considering a resurge in Society activity, I would like to request the: Cephalus
I'll take that one. I have an old one I did a while ago and can update it fairly quickly if there's a need for it soon.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #204 on: 28 April 2017, 12:44:32 »
Since the official schedule isn't set yet (no criticism of Hellby, since its known he's been working hard of late) if no one else is doing a whole new article today I'll do my updated Vindicator today, since it is ready to go.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #205 on: 28 April 2017, 13:28:05 »
IMO, go ahead, unless someone else has something?

And if no one else has claim for the next week, i'll post Thunder and Lao Hu then.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #206 on: 28 April 2017, 13:52:50 »
I'd love to see a Vindy article today. For that matter, can I request the Panther?  I don't recall seeing one for it.

Also, I could probably have a Diomede or Hyena article for next week as a backup.  For that matter, do we want to do IndustrialMechs on the same Friday schedule, taking the place of BattleMechs, or separate?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #207 on: 28 April 2017, 14:48:15 »
Ah, the Panther. I had some ideas for it and the Wight but i cancelled those. I might do the Wight later on, in case someone else writers about the Panther.

As for Industrials... Previously they've been treated just as MotWs as normal. However, given that they're probably less popular than BMs, i think they could be separate. Maybe as an early-week 'Mech or just post along with the primary MotW?

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #208 on: 28 April 2017, 15:16:59 »
Since the official schedule isn't set yet (no criticism of Hellby, since its known he's been working hard of late) if no one else is doing a whole new article today I'll do my updated Vindicator today, since it is ready to go.

No, I actually deserve criticism for it. I meant to get that done last week, meant to get the Eyrie written up, meant to do laundry, buy groceries, all the other things I can't seem to find time to do anymore, and accomplished exactly none of it. Now I'm wearing my last clean pair of suit pants, considering the finer points of mustard for dinner, and still haven't done anything about the schedule.

So... grocery shopping, then I'll see what I can put together on the schedule. If you have an article that you want to do in the next few weeks, PM me or post it again here after this post (so I don't have to go digging back several pages to pore over it all), and I'll get that built over the next couple of days. If no updates are made by Sunday afternoon EST, please poke me about it so I don't miss another week.

I am sorry, guys. Not good times to be your friendly-ish neighborhood admin.

+Crow T. Robot+

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #209 on: 28 April 2017, 15:31:24 »
Laundry and groceries?  Sounds like someone's trying to be an over achiever.

Aside from maybe some mech force of the week stuff, the only thing on my mind is an article (maybe collaborative?) on the Shrike, though it should be a fair way in the future since I've done no work on it, other than just pondering while thinking about the Gyrfalcon.