Author Topic: Alternate take on Twilight of the Clans  (Read 7788 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Alternate take on Twilight of the Clans
« on: 28 December 2016, 11:40:31 »
I have been pondering If something like this happened:

•   Osis deposed after asking for aid from the other clans
•   Serpent defeated
•   Jags absorbed and or quasi absorbed by the Blood Spirits see my ongoing thread here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=50685.0

What do you think would have happened next?

•   A new Ilkhan chosen to head off Bulldog
o   If so do you think the loss happens in the same way?
o   If yes then what would happen:
   The same council deadlock that brought about the Wars of Reaving?
•   If Bulldog is forced to retreat under the guns of a unified Clan coalition then what happens?
o   Who is the new IlKhan?
   Vlad wanted the job but not at that point. But with Osis gone and a new opportunity for invasion does he pass it up?
o   Who gets the jag OZ?
   I say Star Adder as the main force
•   Keep in mind in this scenario the Spirits did not interfere in the Absorption and so the SA’s are theoretically even stronger   
   The Hells Horses ( then a nominal crusader) as back up
•   I could see those two Clans actually working well together
•   The newly strengthened Spirits would then come further out of Isolation and essentially take on the canon role of the Adders. Seeking to dominate the home clans.

With regards to the WoR - Heck if any clans would be all about purging “ taint” it would be the Spirits ( I know I know they had absorbed the jags but work with me here)

Thoughts? 

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Alternate take on Twilight of the Clans
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2016, 15:28:48 »
Besides the adders and horses which clans could have taken the jag oz?

Bren

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2016, 16:12:42 »
Looking at your criteria - no reason any of the Crusader Clans couldn't.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2016, 18:14:33 »
Looking at your criteria - no reason any of the Crusader Clans couldn't.

Even the dysfunctional Fire Mandrills or Clan Temper Tantrum aka Ice Hellions?   ^-^
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2016, 22:08:28 »

By the time Task Force Serpent landed on Huntress, Operation Bulldog was already in its final stages with the Jaguars retreating with whatever forces they could salvage.

•   If Bulldog is forced to retreat under the guns of a unified Clan coalition then what happens?
   Vlad wanted the job but not at that point. But with Osis gone and a new opportunity for invasion does he pass it up?

Irrelevant.  Even disregarding the logistical difficulties in moving a large taskforce to the Inner Sphere, the Crusaders did not have a strong hold on the Grand Council with both the Diamond Sharks and the Ghost Bears defecting to the Wardens and both Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon rebuilding.  There is also the challenge previously thrown out by Khan Vlad Ward and backed up by Khan Marthe Pryde that any Clan must prove itself in trial.  Not to mention that things are heating up between the Vipers and Falcons and dealing with the Nova Cats.

o   Who gets the jag OZ?
•   Keep in mind in this scenario the Spirits did not interfere in the Absorption and so the SA’s are theoretically even stronger   

Then there is the problems of who gets to go and who takes possession of the invasion corridor afterwards.  Neither Clan Coyote nor Clan Blood Spirit are going to be willing to send their forces if the Star Adders profit from their blood and sweat.  By rights (going by the original Revival Trials), I believe the Diamond Sharks are next in line for an invasion corridor but they have been coming under more and more scrutiny by their fellow Clans due to their dealings with the Inner Sphere.  If one sets those results aside that means that a new round of bidding and trials would have to take place (additional delays which both Vlad and Marthe would welcome as it would buy them more time to rebuild their toumans).  In the end the trials might result with the Blood Spirits being teamed up with the Star Adders.   ^-^

Side note:  While the Star Adders may be able to work with the Hell's Horses, how well will the Hell's Horses be able to focus with the Ghost Bears OZ being within arms reach especially if Khan Fletcher is still in charge?

•   The newly strengthened Spirits would then come further out of Isolation and essentially take on the canon role of the Adders. Seeking to dominate the home clans.

With regards to the WoR - Heck if any clans would be all about purging “ taint” it would be the Spirits ( I know I know they had absorbed the jags but work with me here)

The problem there is that the Blood Spirits view pretty much all the other Clans as tainted which is why they isolated themselves from them.  The purges initiated by the Vipers were politically motivated and simply got away from them.  Purges initiated by the fanatical Blood Spirits on the other hand...

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2016, 13:47:30 »
Would not an Absorption of the Jaguars mean that the winner gets all of the Jaguars?
The right of invading the Inner Sphere, either? The Jaguars won their right via trial by combat.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2016, 15:04:30 »
I would not think the corridor would just pass to the spirits.... I would rather see another round of trials.

But who would be ilkhan?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2016, 17:21:26 »
It would likely have to be a Khan from an already invading Clan.

So...

Vlad and Marthe are both out of the running I think, given their focus on still rebuilding their own Clans. Bjorn Jorgensson wouldn't be likely to get the votes, because his Clan just moved wholesale to the Inner Sphere. The Cats are ruled out because they've gone over to the 'Star League.' So if the Viper/Falcon war hasn't happened, Perigard Zalman might be a good fit. He might even be able to switch corridors, giving the Vipers the old Jag corridor.

Of those in the homeworlds, Malavai Fletcher of the Horses or Cassius N'Buta of the Adders seem likely. Either could then claim the vacant Jag corridor.

Boiled down; Fletcher, N'Buta, or Zalman. The victor moves their Clan into the old Jaguar corridor, trials permitting of course.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 01 January 2017, 16:28:40 »
More importantly to elect a new ilKhan to reaffirm the invasion of the Inner Sphere which is questionable given that the Crusaders no longer have a strong vote margin with the obvious loss of the Smoke Jaguar votes, the Diamond Sharks returning to their Warden roots despite Khan Hawker's best efforts, the Ghost Bears turning Warden and neither Clan Wolf nor Clan Jade Falcon being ready to restart the race for Terra.  Of course, Vlad and Marthe might choose the opposite knowing that the trials [to decide new Invading Clan(s)], the new ICs setting up their supply routes from the Homeworlds, retaking the Jaguar/Cat Invasion Corridor, etc would buy them a considerable amount of time to get their own Clans ready.

Hal Jorgensson turning Warden would sour his nomination once the Crusaders discovered that fact.  Not to mention once they discovered he had moved most of his Clan to the IS.

Perigard Zalman hasn't done anything to merit nomination.  He was saKhan during the Viper's defeat on Tukayyid, as Khan wasn't able to take advantage of the Falcon's losses during the Refusal War due to internal troubles and most recently his champion, Ivan Sinclair, was defeated by a freebirth.

Malavai Fletcher's questionable sanity would likely be a deal-breaker plus the Ghost Bears would know that if elected ilKhan he would for them to share their invasion corridor with another Clan which the Bears would obviously loathe to do especially after moving most of their Clan to their OZ.

Cassius N'Buta is a strong contender but by Clan standards would be a conservative strategic commander, maybe even to the point of being considered timid.  He might want to get more Clans involved than the Invading Clans would be comfortable with especially Clan Wolf and Ghost Bear (neither would want to share their corridor with another Clan.  Plus his nomination would likely be violently opposed by the Blood Spirits.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 01 January 2017, 18:27:47 »
All great points. Would this internal deadlock give the word the opening they need to launch the mana domeni on the clans?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #10 on: 01 January 2017, 18:47:06 »
One thing I do not see is the Spirits rising to prominance. They would gain some ground but even strengthened there still the weakest of the Homeworld Clans. I could see a invading Clan using the Spirits as garrison units to free up garrisons for front line operations in return for basing rights or a enclave in the Inner Sphere sort of like the Hell's Horses did for the Wolves.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 01 January 2017, 22:20:17 »
I think your selling them short. If the spirits in the scenario I laid out absorbed the remaining jags and then staked a hard claim on one or two worlds in the post jag, bear and nova cat homeworlds I think they would be in a much stronger state.

Vition2

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: 02 January 2017, 04:04:10 »
They would gain some ground but even strengthened there still the weakest of the Homeworld Clans.

Actually, prior to the Spirits frittering away their forces going all out against two clans, they have quite a large ground force, though their 6 strong fleet leaves much to be desired in that area.  As of operations Bulldog and Serpent, they likely have either the anywhere from the 1st through 3rd largest ground Touman in the homeworlds, with the Steel Vipers and Star Adders being those who could rival their size - though the Horses aren't too far behind.

FM:CC states that they committed 70% of their forces to the assaults and included 5 galaxies of troops (front line Alpha, Beta, and Kappa, 2nd line Rho and Mu).  We don't know the exact make up of each galaxy, but Alpha is noted as being larger in 3059-60 than it was during the absorption suggesting it was at 5 clusters, other sizes are unknown.  Left behind are 6 more galaxies (Omega, Omicron, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, and Pi) though mostly second line and smaller we can use this to estimate the size of the attacking force.  Omega is noted as being 3 understrength clusters, and Omicron includes 1 cluster of Mu survivors.  Using a starting baseline of 2 clusters per non-committed galaxy and a max of the number of clusters remaining in the 5 galaxies + 2 for the disbanded Pi galaxy and + 1 for the Keshik, this results in a total strength of 13-18 clusters in the 30% left to defend.  This means that the overall strength of the Spirits is somewhere between 43 and 60 clusters - my suspicion is towards the lower end, and I'd peg it around 45 clusters, but there is room for quite a bit more.

The biggest downside to their touman is their lack of warships, which limits the ability for them to take the offensive and defend taken worlds.

They probably have the forces to "save" the Jaguars, but the end result will probably not be necessarily in their favor.  The Jaguars have access to the legacies of 2 clans, and while they didn't use the Mongoose genes, they will end up being a factor in how or whether the Jaguars are allowed to be absorbed.  That may mean that the Jaguars are effectively disbanded while their legacies are fought over individually.  The Jaguars will not go quietly, and their mindset will likely require their virtual annihilation in any attempt at absorption.

Colonel Gerre Stiles

• Recruit
« Reply #13 on: 02 January 2017, 12:06:29 »
Word of Blake, somethin something :)

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 03 January 2017, 01:14:48 »
I think your selling them short. If the spirits in the scenario I laid out absorbed the remaining jags and then staked a hard claim on one or two worlds in the post jag, bear and nova cat homeworlds I think they would be in a much stronger state.

I believe you are overestimating them and what the Jags might provide them.  The Jags had long maintained their top-tier status by taking resources from other Clans rather than developing their own sources.  The Blood Spirits were in as bad if not worse shape as the Jags in terms of available resources (After all its the reason they invested so little in Omni technology.).  While absorbing the Jaguars might provide them with some invaluable manufacturing facilities, the Blood Spirits lack the available resource to be able to make full use of them even if other Clans don't quickly move to seize them for themselves (especially the Star Adders at the urging of their new Burrock brethren and out of enlightened self-interest).  And while 2-3 galaxies of mixed bag forces and a handful of Warships might strengthen the Blood Spirits materially, the disruption that the sudden infusion of so many Jaguar warriors into the close society of the Blood Spirits would cause cannot be underestimated.  After all from the Spirit viewpoint they are from a tainted Clan that the Blood Spirits had taken great pains to isolate themselves from.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 03 January 2017, 08:50:02 »
As stated before but to another poster " Curse your well reasoned logic!" But as the Jags had a long standing feud with the adders ( and pretty much anyone else) I would that if leavened into the much larger but inexperiance Spirit touman they could really help to take and hold a few key areas for the Spirits such as Arcadia, Huntress or Foster.

Or as they would now have Protomech tech and the manufacturing plants to make them ( remember Serpent is defeated and Bulldog driven off) they would have a bargaining chip they never had before.

Or

They could enact the Haven/Collen Third Exodus/ New colonization plan with their new found goodies and build up in secret have their own Tanis system

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2017, 13:45:57 »
If serpent was defeated and bulldog forestalled how could vlad or Marthe stopped the other clans from renewing the invasion?

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 16 January 2017, 18:09:28 »
If serpent was defeated and bulldog forestalled how could vlad or Marthe stopped the other clans from renewing the invasion?

First, by the time Serpent lands on Huntress, Operation Bulldog is essentially over with no more organized Jag resistance remaining in the Inner Sphere.

Second, who said anything about Vlad or Marthe wanting to stop the invasion?  I didn't.  What they want is to stall the invasion long enough to buy their respective Clans enough time to rebuild their touman for a renewed invasion.

Third, as previously stated the Crusaders likely don't have the needed votes for an immediate resumption of the invasion.  Two Crusader Clans have gone over to the Warden faction (Ghost Bears and Diamond Sharks) while two more (Wolf and Jade Falcon) want to buy themselves more time to rebuild.

Fourth, Nova Cats answering charges of treason (if they sided with the Star League) or fighting for their survival if not as other Clans try to absorb/destroy them, fighting over Jaguar (and possibly Nova Cat) territories, the debates/trials to elect a new ilKhan, decide how many Homeworld Clans would join a renewed invasion, what invasion corridor they would assume/share, resulting trials (ex.: neither the Wolves nor the Ghost Bears would accept sharing its invasion corridor without a fight), the new Clans setting up their supply routes, establishing themselves in their assigned invasion corridors, retaking the Jaguar corridor, etc would take years.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #18 on: 18 January 2017, 11:48:55 »
I could see the Homeworld Clans bidding for the right to retake the Jaguar invasion corridor and it taking a year or two to sort out. Most likely the Adders would win the right which would put there focus on the Inner Sphere and not on the Blood Spirits. They could easily retake Smoke Jaguar holdings in the Periphery and garrison them with former Burrocks as well as garrison there Homeworld holdings and still have a very large force to move against the Combine and the Star League.

Lboydmsw

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 18 January 2017, 14:29:09 »

•   Serpent defeated

Serpent was nearly defeated and it wasn't until bulldog joined that they were able to finish the job.  I think that If Osis had been taken out and replaced after asking for help any transition to another power group still would have taken time.  The Jaguar would have been destroyed by the time anything official started.  It wasn't but a month or so after Serpent landed that Bulldog showed up to reinforce.  That amount of time is at least as long as it would have taken for another clan to decide that they would actually help if they were so inclined. I also think that had the clans helped by launching a force to the Inner Sphere to help put down bull dog that at least a part of that secondary force would have been Jaguar homeworld garrison units which would have meant easier pickings when Serpent made it to clan space.  I don't think Osis asked for help until the middle of wave 3 of bulldog anyhow if memory serves.  That means the job was more then half over.  Any clan reinforcements would have been from one other clan tops and it certainly wouldn't have been an entire invasion force because that goes against the entire minimalist approach the clans go by. Most of Jaguar would have been destroyed regardless.  Best Case scenario, serpent is defeated but the jaguar home units are no more then a cluster or so.  IS jaguar units are in about the same numbers so less than galaxy of troops left with half of them being the bottom of the bottom. Any absorption would have been pointless as the other home clans would have already swept in and taken the resources and tech they wanted so no real advantage to the clan that absorbs. 

Let's say that this does happen.....Star Adder is the only home world clan that could pull it off from a numbers perspective but even then they were dealing with internal turmoil because the Burrack was not a smooth absorption. The disorganization and unrest in the warrior cast would have spelled disaster in a large military campaign.

I think the second strongest clan at the time that was of the crusader mindset was the steel viper and if by some chance they had stepped in they would have to answer to the word of blake shadow divisions.  The active full scale war with clans gets dragged out for a few more months, the Star league doesn't dissolve at the conference and the word of blake and several periphery states become members. 

Word of blake is posed as a hero for stopping the clan reinforcements and saving the efforts of bulldog and serpent with the added benefit that now steel viper has severe losses.  The word of blake was big enough and had enough tech to take on the entire inner sphere at one time.  I think 4 or 5 clan galaxies would have been a cake walk.  A full commitment from all the clans never would have happened, that is the exact opposite of the way of the clans.  So now there is no Jihad because the WoB are legitimized.  A new task force is started around them to gather the entire military strength of the inner sphere and the periphery and wipe out the clans once and for all, all of the IS clans and take that fight straight back to the clan homeworlds and clean house there.  Even if it didn't work in eliminating all of the clans, they would have certainly eliminated most of the clan forces in the inner sphere.  The star league would be solidified and the WoB would be in a prime position to basically take position as permanent first lord, like house Cameron before the fall of the original league. Not only because they were the galvanizing force but as the most advanced and near largest mobile army at the time (especially after bullbog and serpent were shredded) they would become a symbol for the indomitable will of the inner sphere. 

Wars of reaving would never happen because Steel viper would be too weakened.  Also the people responsible for the WoR surely would have died in their attempt to help the jaguar before being smashed by the WoB.

never happens because the WoB is waiting and with large scale clan reinforcements they would have mobilized. Their success would have been too good an opportunity to pass up and would have given them considerable power.  Comstar had considerable power after Tukkyid which was only disrupted with the WoB split. WoB would have repeated that but on a bigger scale.  Again a Clan coalition never would of happened.  It isn't how they operate.  It isn't even how they invaded the first time.  Each clan basically ran its own concurrent invasion with only loose organization and coordination from the IlKhan.  To save one of the invaders would have never been more then one clan's job and then only the clan that won the rights to absorption.  Losing on such a large scale would have been seen as dishonorable and the clans have never dealt with dishonor by joining forces and working together.  Even at the dawn of the clans it has always been individualized.

It doesn't happen, with the reveal of all the shadow divisions the dynamics of the inner sphere change greatly.  No new invasion is discussed as the clans take their time to take stock and reevaluate the new threat.

o   Who gets the jag OZ?

No one at this point and before the Adders can get their act together enough to take on that goal the new and strengthened Star League under the banner of the WoB launches their "operation pimp slap the clans forever"

Even if the spirits didn't interfere in the absorption it was not a smooth transition.  Even in the actual time line, some 15 to 20 years later when the wars of reaving go down a chunk of them break off and try to reform clan burrock. Getting the new units under control enough to use effectively while handling the absorption of new territory and defending it from the trials and challenges of other clans who are trying to capitalize on the situation....yeah it takes too much time.  A serpent/bulldog put down would reinvigorate the desire to invade but the Adders were never impulsive and would see that it would be foolish to attempt to do so.  The vipers bitter from being kicked out by the jade flacons and then angry over losses at the hands of the WoB would definitely jump at the chance and I think they would use their status as a reserve clan to help them politic the right to do so. Even if they managed to launch a new invasion before "operation pimp slap the clans forever" went off, I think they would be a speed bump for the Star League to roll over and little more.

I sense that you like the blood spirits.  The spirits have always been one of the weakest clans.  Even in their isolation they were not able to hold on to very many holdings.  I don't think that not interfering in the Burrock absorption actually makes them "strengthened" as much as it just makes them "not further weakened".  The Adders still needed to help direct some of the energy of their Burrock soldiers, and the spirits have been the traditional target for the Burrock and makes logical sense from a tactical stand point.  Restless warriors who hate these dude over here who in general are kind of weak and crappy....sure take your frustration out on them some.

I don't think the blood spirits would have ever come out of their isolation to help the jaguar.  The clan that the spirits had the best relationship with was the fire mandrill and that didn't afford either party very much benefit. I read your other post and I'm having just as hard a time following your logic over there.  I literally can't think of a reason that the blood spirit would break their isolation in order to help the jaguar.  AND if by some chance they did and were able to defeat bulldog and serpent instead of steel viper (which I still think is way more realistic because of their impulsive nature and need to prove themselves after the smallest of insults).  Blood spirit would only be further weakened from the fighting which would only lead to more harassment from the Adders.  If they didn't help but for some reason spoke out about absorbing the remainder of jaguar there would be a number of stronger clans that would pose a trial of refusal against them for the rights to absorb them. About any clan has just as much right to them as the blood spirits do so why not.  I think this may actually hurt them more and lead to their demise around the same time that it actually happened in the official timeline.

Thoughts?
[/quote]

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 18 January 2017, 17:44:55 »
Blood Spirits best chance is the Star Adders becoming a Invading Clan. The focus would not be on the Homeworlds anymore and the Spirits would have more choices and less pressure on them. There best ally had been members of the Fire Mandrills but we do know they had trading ties with the Diamond Sharks and the even had cordial relations with the Snow Ravens.

Snow Ravens would be the Blood Spirits best choice here for a single reason. The Warship Clan isn't a mech powerhouse so I could see the Blood Spirits coming to a agreement with the Snow Ravens to join them on there Exodus to the Inner Sphere. It would mean abandoning the Homeworlds and there isolation but a new start well away from the Star Adders or the Invading Clans and even a relatively peaceful corner of the Periphery to set up in. The Snow Ravens get a large Protomech force, several galaxys of mechs, and five warships to help protect the new holdings.

Another advantage here is that the Outworlds Alliance isn't as big as it was during the 2750's. Lots of lost worlds. With the Blood Spirits coming along the Snow Ravens can move to settle those lost worlds with Clan civvies and Outworld Alliance citizens and both sides become happy if done right as it can be put out that the 'power and grandeur' of the old Outworld Alliance is coming again. Also the Blood Spirits if they so desired could settle one of the lost worlds to gain a new 100% controlled Homeworld like York had been. One that probably would be much more resource heavy than anything found in the Homeworlds.

Politically there would be issues. The Spirits are deeply Crusader and the Ravens are Wardens. But I think survival and rebuilding would shave the edges off for a while and the two Clans actually do trust and respect each other and could easily come to agreements that would make everyone happy. Except for the Outworld Alliance. But with the right persuasion-medical care and bringing the Outworld Alliance's tech level up to Star League levels would mitigate that with time.

Warship

• Sergeant
  • Once more into the fire
« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2017, 11:42:17 »
Okay, so TF Serpent is crushed and the Spirits have absorbed the remnants of the Jaguars.  TF Bulldog arrives in Clan space to discover this.  What does Victor do?  The Jags are no more.  Does he go to Strana Mechty and issue a challenge?  Do the remaining Clans sortie their fleets and destroy TF Bulldog?  I would think the potential salvage would have the Home-Clans leading the attack.  Skip that, the successor Clan to the Jags would be faced with the reality that the Jag corridor is gone.  But, that Clan would also know the population of the DC would never accept Clan rule.  Why not create a new corridor without a Clan neighbor?  The Capellan Confederation would be ideal.  Neither the FS, nor the FWL would mind.  After conquering the CC, that Clan would hit the Chaos March and bring order on their way to Terra.  I doubt the TC or MC would interfere or have the strength to.  Ideas?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2017, 08:51:05 »
Could the clans handled that long of a supply chain?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2017, 18:00:14 »
Wouldn't a new invading Clan want to go after the DC because it's a strong opponent rather than attack a weak opponent like the CC?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: 26 January 2017, 10:54:47 »
Refreshy memory what was garrison strength that was put in place after bulldog?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 26 January 2017, 11:02:43 »
The garrison for the Star League embassy was a single regiment.

The Falcons, Hellions, and Adders all ended up with enclaves of their own on the planet. Field Manuel Updates (c. 3067) gives you the best picture.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: 05 February 2017, 17:43:15 »
If in response to osis call for help he had been taken out and another clan had said " we go not to help the Jaguers but to crush the IS barbarians and claim all isorla" I would think that would have jarred more clans into action.

Getting a jump on the wars of possesion and potentially clsiming the remaining jag assets should have spurred additional demands clans to jump in.

Thoughts?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #27 on: 05 February 2017, 18:48:57 »
By Clan ideology, if the Jaguars weren't strong enough to repulse the Inner Sphere coalition, they wouldn't be worth absorbing.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 06 February 2017, 09:57:25 »
See that is what trips me up. The other Mongoose for example was absorbed for " years of failures" that they tried to blame on other things etc. So wouldnt the Jags weakness make them rip for absorption?

Now what if say the Horses and or other clans said they didn't want the Jag legacies but just their tech and enclaves?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 06 February 2017, 09:59:30 »
If a Clan can't stand on it's own, it's worthy of absorption.
That's why both the Wolves and Falcons went to such lengths to prove their strength following the Refusal War. If they hadn't, other Clans would have tried to absorb them.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2017, 17:15:45 »
If a Clan can't stand on it's own, it's worthy of absorption.
That's why both the Wolves and Falcons went to such lengths to prove their strength following the Refusal War. If they hadn't, other Clans would have tried to absorb them.

Wasn't there a bit of protection for Clans involved in the Invasion that stopped heavy attacks on them?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2017, 17:38:38 »
Wasn't there a bit of protection for Clans involved in the Invasion that stopped heavy attacks on them?

Technically, yes. The homeworld assets of the Invaders were to be untouched, but I'd think the Jaguars weakness would have created a feeding frenzy regardless.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #32 on: 07 February 2017, 18:08:10 »
Get the Clan's resources?  Yes, just like what happened in the official timeline.

But the pathetic warriors who lost to the barbarians of the Inner Sphere?  Wouldn't be worth it to most Clans.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 02 March 2017, 22:39:56 »
So putting aside my wacky alternative timeline ideas for a sec. If the jags beat serpant and bulldog does not come what happens?

At best the jags could have a single Galaxy left after serpent but if they win that fight do they just face wave after wave of trials of possesion like the spirits did at their end?

But say they manage to somehow hide that how could the jags have rebuilt?

Recall every true born in solahma and open the rolls to freeborns?