Author Topic: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux  (Read 55276 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: Battletech Kickstarter thread part deux
« Reply #210 on: 17 June 2017, 14:24:01 »
Mechwarrior/Commander 1.2.0!

Wait, they changed the Argo from a DropShip to a JumpShip?  That's an improvement.

The game mode about defeating the campaign and traveling the (galaxy) sounds awesome!  I hope it's true!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #211 on: 17 August 2017, 20:41:51 »
New Update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/posts/1964822?ref=backer_project_update or https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/9250

Backer Beta is updated! Numerous changes and refinements! Firestarter!

Multiplayer Beta is Live! And Buggy!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #212 on: 17 August 2017, 21:32:32 »
Yep, big flap over a slip up on a certain release as well. A poor dev is being beaten with soggy pasta as we speak  #P

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #213 on: 17 August 2017, 21:53:09 »
So buggy I don't even have the option!

And I adore the walking war crime.  I will have a terrible time resisting loading up on way too many of them for my unit to have a lot of battlefield success.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #214 on: 18 August 2017, 14:01:25 »
Walking war crime?? lol

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #215 on: 18 August 2017, 14:48:07 »
Oh that's just the start.

I'm going to have to go searching for a few pilot portraits and a few sound files.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #216 on: 19 August 2017, 04:07:40 »
Here we have two legged mechs beating the crap out of each other until...

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #217 on: 19 August 2017, 10:10:27 »
I like that they've tweaked the damage of ACs and the global heat multiplier.
I like that they've added the Firestarter.

I don't like that losing the Firestarter's RA disables all of the the flamers.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #218 on: 19 August 2017, 22:45:10 »
I don't like that losing the Firestarter's RA disables all of the the flamers.

?? Didn't notice this. Maybe I only lost the left arm though. You did notice that the flamers only currently have 3 shots (each) before they run dry, right?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #219 on: 20 August 2017, 00:46:33 »
I noticed that and was rather annoyed when I noticed it.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #220 on: 20 August 2017, 03:59:38 »
I was confused about how fusion-based flamers actually require ammo.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #221 on: 20 August 2017, 04:06:16 »
I was confused about how fusion-based flamers actually require ammo.

Humorously, the Firestarter and other incendiary mechs were depicted in the fiction a few times as using or requiring fuel. Often for the purposes of making that fuel explode.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #222 on: 20 August 2017, 10:18:37 »
?? Didn't notice this. Maybe I only lost the left arm though. You did notice that the flamers only currently have 3 shots (each) before they run dry, right?

I'd missed that completely!

It must just have been coincidence that I had my RA blown off the same round as I fired my 3rd shot  ;D ;D
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #223 on: 21 August 2017, 16:26:06 »
I probably would have missed it myself if I hadn't seen it mentioned in the patch notes before playing. Odd decision but they did make flamers quite a bit more powerful than in table top, so I'm not too upset.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #224 on: 21 August 2017, 16:30:17 »
So what effect do flamers actually have? The only time I've used a firestarter so far, I used it to sprint around the edge of the battlefield to make the enemy scatter itself chasing it (as I frequently do with light mechs).
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #225 on: 21 August 2017, 17:07:55 »
I've been having a lot of fun causing enemy mechs to shut down from overheating with my Firestarters.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #226 on: 21 August 2017, 21:54:11 »
I'm starting to wonder if I should stop putting Sumo inside of HBK-4Gs. Every time he drives one, he dies a slow, drawn out, but ultimately ineffectual, death. (Typically, by the time I'm actually losing units, I've taken out two or more opponents.)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #227 on: 22 August 2017, 10:57:17 »
So what is the play like?  What is currently in Beta for the backers?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #228 on: 22 August 2017, 18:21:33 »
Skirmish woth a decent selection of mechs, a kind of small selection of maps, and multiplayer.

There are supposedly those that have unlocked more mechs that are hiding in the files and even claims of unlocking the mechlab.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #229 on: 22 August 2017, 21:33:51 »
I've seen the thread for the mod pack of mechs, never saw anything about the mechlab. Might have to look for a thread about it ;D

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #230 on: 22 August 2017, 22:31:57 »
Yeah I'm not sure if anyone actually unlocked the mechlab or if they are just editing the various .json files that have the configurations in them.  The later seems more likely.

danumphrey

• Recruit
« Reply #231 on: 27 August 2017, 13:01:09 »
I'm starting to wonder if I should stop putting Sumo inside of HBK-4Gs. Every time he drives one, he dies a slow, drawn out, but ultimately ineffectual, death. (Typically, by the time I'm actually losing units, I've taken out two or more opponents.)

I've found I like Apex in the 4G.  Her Gunnery 8 + Piercing Shot (or whatever it's called) = take your 100 damage and like it!

At least, until she air-balls it three times in a row, on 85% to-hit.  That left me salty, even though I ultimately won the match.

And also yes, the Flamer ammo was a shocker.  I'm experimenting with using Kraken in one, mostly for Sensor Lock, until the time is ripe to rush in and grief the crap out of a target and shut it down where my other three can focus fire (or even just one get a heavy backshot).

In fact, it might be fun to take 2x FS9-A and 2x HBK-4G.  Would have to be judicious with your shots, but you could probably do a really mean divide-and-conquer.  Especially on The Stacks.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #232 on: 27 August 2017, 18:33:13 »
I'll have to go digging around the game files for the pilot portraits for... reasons
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #233 on: 27 August 2017, 20:44:43 »
I've been doing same thing.  I need make sure my buddy who i play with on mm to use the same picks so he can see them.  :D
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #234 on: 27 August 2017, 21:24:33 »
I've been doing same thing.  I need make sure my buddy who i play with on mm to use the same picks so he can see them.  :D

So in short, the same Reasons as me
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #235 on: 27 August 2017, 23:51:26 »
I will generally run 2 Firestarters in pretty much any game.  One on its own is a pain.  2 is enough to almost shut down a mech no matter how cool they might run and/or pop of ammo.  I usually put Arclight and Paradise in them to scout and DFA.

danumphrey

• Recruit
« Reply #236 on: 31 August 2017, 10:44:55 »
I will generally run 2 Firestarters in pretty much any game.  One on its own is a pain.  2 is enough to almost shut down a mech no matter how cool they might run and/or pop of ammo.  I usually put Arclight and Paradise in them to scout and DFA.

I did two of them, a 4G, and an OINK, and it's brutal.  Kraken in one of the FS9s, I forget who in the other, and... the woman with Bulwark in the OINK.  You still need to be judicious with the flamer shots to work to greatest effect, but you can Sensor Lock and beat up the first opponent to appear, then bring in the fire after one of the others shoots and shut it down and clobber it.

It was least effective on a Griffin with the arm blown off.  #P

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #237 on: 01 September 2017, 00:55:18 »
I really hope you mean the ON1-K Orion. Either way, that mech's not ugly enough to be called a pig's vocalization.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #238 on: 01 November 2017, 00:38:08 »
Hey, got my Stein today! Neat. Looking forward to putting it to the test. O0
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.