Author Topic: Multiple Technical Teams on a single Repair?  (Read 2073 times)

Sigil

• Lieutenant
Multiple Technical Teams on a single Repair?
« on: 04 February 2017, 07:58:12 »
By StratOps, can multiple Technical Teams be assigned to the same Repair?  And if so, is the TN roll based on that of the most experienced team?

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Multiple Technical Teams on a single Repair?
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2017, 03:07:57 »
If I remember correctly its -1 per additional team, max two addition teams. As for the experienced team... I don't think SO had that level of detail. Its possible the answer will either be all teams must be the same experience or use the most experienced team.

If SO does not have an exact answer you could always post a question in the rules forum to get a little clarification on the details.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2017, 08:05:28 »
The repair and replacement rules start on page 175 of StratOps, and the only mention I can find about number of teams in that section is on page 179 under "Fabrication" (which only allows one team to try at a time).  There is a mention of more than one team being able to ready a unit for deployment back on page 44, and that limits the job to two teams.  A team being seven personnel makes me think that for most jobs, more people would just get in the way.  I think whatever you decide will be a house rule, and I'd recommend limiting multiple teams to the biggest jobs (limb/head/engine/gyro replacement o 'mechs... large aerospace units are an entirely different ball of snakes: replacing a KF drive is not something seven people could do by themselves in any case).

EDIT: Found it!  The rule is back on page 168, under "Technical Personnel", last sentence of the fourth paragraph: "Two teams cannot work simultaneously on the same task, but they can divide the tasks between them to save time."
« Last Edit: 05 February 2017, 08:34:41 by Daryk »

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2017, 11:13:11 »
You need to edit your rules thread to include page numbers or it won't get answered.

Register