Author Topic: Development Snapshot - MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.43.0  (Read 10061 times)

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Development Snapshot - MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.43.0
« Reply #30 on: 23 February 2017, 07:30:12 »
Yes

ckessel

• Corporal
« Reply #31 on: 26 February 2017, 17:12:58 »
There was a MekHQ feature request thread at one point, but since this thread is active I figured I'd post it here.

Related to the "tweaking princess" thread, it'd be nice to be able to assign AI behaviors to specific units rather than to a side as a whole. That'd give the ability to do the tweaking without having to go through the steps to create several small "sides" that are required to give different behavior to different mechs.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #32 on: 26 February 2017, 17:29:18 »
There was a MekHQ feature request thread at one point, but since this thread is active I figured I'd post it here.

Related to the "tweaking princess" thread, it'd be nice to be able to assign AI behaviors to specific units rather than to a side as a whole. That'd give the ability to do the tweaking without having to go through the steps to create several small "sides" that are required to give different behavior to different mechs.

I already have that data in MM, and it's used in the formation builder that's in the newest dev snapshot. The problem with putting it the unit files is that the role is only available for official units (and not all of those), leaving a large number of unofficial units out. I've done a fair amount of work on an algorithm to determine most likely role for a unit which generally narrows it down to three or four possibilities out of the eight. That's probably as good as it's going to get. I haven't decided whatnto do with that data yet.

The best way to make sure this happens to open a RFE on the MegaMek Github tracker (see my sig).  Forum posts get lost and forgotten easily.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #33 on: 08 March 2017, 07:40:52 »
Standalone MegaMek 0.43.0 is not working correctly for me. Once I get into the game lobby and open the add units screen, it will not add units or close, and I have to kill the process from the task manager. 0.43.0 as included with MekHQ is working normally.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 08 March 2017, 08:06:13 »
Any errors in the log file?

Shatara

• Master Sergeant
  • Your flank belongs to the Star League
« Reply #35 on: 09 March 2017, 22:28:05 »
Getting the same thing. Looks like something with drawing the unit sprites is throwing NPE.

edit: Actually...what the buck did you do to the unit images folder!?
« Last Edit: 09 March 2017, 22:31:43 by Shatara »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #36 on: 09 March 2017, 22:51:26 »

Yep...looks like the packaging scripts have NOT added all the sprites which is causing the crash.

The quick fix for now is to download an use the MekHQ download which is complete.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2017, 22:56:58 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #37 on: 10 March 2017, 09:12:13 »

All of the images that are included in the release are now packed into an image atlas.  So instead of having 1,000's of 40KB files, we have several much larger image atlases.  The mechset files haven't changed at all, as there's an XML file that keeps track of the which image files where packaged this way, and that path can get translated into a location in the image atlas.  This moderately reduces the size of the releases, but also makes it much easier for your filesystem to handle.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #38 on: 21 March 2017, 10:11:14 »
found one of those weird discrepancies that only really happens by accident.

LB-10X prototype intro date - 2590
LB-10X ammo intro date - 2595

this means that you can't load LB10 ammo on a design with an intro date during those five years. my current campaign is set in 2591  :))

This is a problem (if you want to call it a problem) with all prototype ballistic weapons where there's a fiveish year gap between when the gun prototyped and the production model (and attending ammo) are introduced.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #39 on: 21 March 2017, 13:44:44 »
found one of those weird discrepancies that only really happens by accident.

LB-10X prototype intro date - 2590
LB-10X ammo intro date - 2595

this means that you can't load LB10 ammo on a design with an intro date during those five years. my current campaign is set in 2591  :))

This is a problem (if you want to call it a problem) with all prototype ballistic weapons where there's a fiveish year gap between when the gun prototyped and the production model (and attending ammo) are introduced.

These are all being addressed in the IO branch and when IO is complete the only issue will be ones CGL has missed.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 22 March 2017, 08:18:41 »
When you think about it, that gap is not necessarily a bug.  Stealing a weapon doesn't mean the ammo to go with it is in commercial production.

During prototyping, they're probably making each round by hand and then expending all of them on the weapon range.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #41 on: 22 March 2017, 15:52:18 »
These are all being addressed in the IO branch and when IO is complete the only issue will be ones CGL has missed.

cool

When you think about it, that gap is not necessarily a bug.  Stealing a weapon doesn't mean the ammo to go with it is in commercial production.

During prototyping, they're probably making each round by hand and then expending all of them on the weapon range.

from the perspective of using a design program, i want to be able to load ammunition for weapons that require ammunition

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #42 on: 22 March 2017, 20:07:48 »
cool

from the perspective of using a design program, i want to be able to load ammunition for weapons that require ammunition

So i'll get the dates set to match in the short term.  For the record, I hate the ~ thing on dates.  But if/when I ever get IO finished these issues will go away.  Best part people can start fighting over tech progression on units.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker