Author Topic: Pintle mounted support machineguns on vehicles?  (Read 1069 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Pintle mounted support machineguns on vehicles?
« on: 15 February 2017, 20:51:01 »
Way back in the eighties (specifically 1989), back when the battletroops game was still a thing, there was an "open hatch" rule in the Battletroops book that allowed a vehicle's commander to operate a pintle mounted support machinegun. Which, of course, also assumes that combat vehicles pretty much always had such a weapon on hand.

I'm not going to ask for rules covering its use or anything (I'm not even on the right board for that). My question is should this reference, which has not been repeated elsewhere to my knowledge in the subsequent so many years, be considered to hold some canon weight?

Do combat vehicles have support class machineguns on hand?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Register