Author Topic: XL Gyro - any downside?  (Read 1845 times)

Iacov

• Recruit
XL Gyro - any downside?
« on: 21 February 2017, 16:42:34 »
hey!

does a XL Gyro have any downside in AS?
I have searched the ASC, but couldn't find a mention of the Gyro
what downside does the XL Gyro have in cBT? (I know, 2 additional slots are taken, but how much damage can a Gyro take? Haven't found anything in the TechManual. is it a comparable risk to a XL Engine?)
---
edit: just took a look at my records sheets - two hits to the gyro before desctruction, right? would you consider a xl gyro worth the risk? (in my case i removed a cAP, added XL Gyro and got a Bloodhound Probe and addition DHS in "exchange")

thank you very much!
« Last Edit: 21 February 2017, 16:49:50 by Iacov »

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: XL Gyro - any downside?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2017, 16:50:28 »
the only effect it would have is in the CBT-AS conversion process.  If its not mentioned in the conversion process, then it's just apparently something that gets lost in the granularity dilation.
« Last Edit: 21 February 2017, 16:52:25 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2017, 18:00:04 »
Gyro type affects absolutely nothing in the conversion process.  The only things that affect durability in those terms are engine type, certain structure types (Composite and Reinforced), and amount/type of armor.  Gyro type also has zero effect on specials; the only thing you can do to it that means anything at all is armoring it, which gives you the ARM special.

That's much more easily (and efficiently) gained by armoring a single actuator, or if you absolutely must make it something that has a potentially significant TW effect, armor the cockpit.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Iacov

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2017, 15:30:12 »
thank you very much!

Register