Author Topic: (Answered) Handheld Weapons and unprotected cargo/external jump packs?  (Read 1207 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
This is probably another of those obvious ones, but once again for clarity's sake.

Does the mass of handheld weapons (TO pg 316) get added to the mass of any unprotected cargo carried (TW page 261) or mech jump packs (TO 293)? Handheld weapons are limited to 10% of the unit's total mass and don't modify MP of the carrying unit, whereas unprotected cargo and jump packs can mass as much as the carrying unit, but impose mp penalties when their mass exceeds 10% of the unit's mass. Thus the question is whether the two items stack for the purposes of MP reduction.

For example, a hypothetical wasp is carrying a two ton handheld weapon and wearing a two ton external jump pack. Does this mean the wasp takes no movement penalty (because neither fashion accessory generates an mp penalty on its own), or does it take the movement penalty, since the two items combined total four tons and thus exceeds the 10% limit?
« Last Edit: 22 May 2017, 15:26:03 by Xotl »
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Handhelds count towards the regular cargo limit.  Your hypothetical Wasp would have 4 tons of cargo.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Thank you much!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
No problem.  I've tweaked the wording on the Handheld Weapon entry errata to make this clearer.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0