Author Topic: Looking for large posting about SLDF doctrine  (Read 1306 times)

Frabby

• Major
Looking for large posting about SLDF doctrine
« on: 09 March 2017, 02:34:14 »
One of this community's aerospace savvy regulars (Jellico?) posted a big and very informative essay a couple of years back that really opened my eyes up to the SLDF doctrine, why they designed their ships as they did (explaining the apparent flaws), how they deployed, and something like a timeline of ship design.

I thought it was a fantastic article, and I was hoping to get the author's consent to bring that article over to Sarna as an Essay-type article.

However, my search-fu fails me.  :( Maybe the posting was on the old forum and since lost in the crash.

Would the author please contact me, or can any of you point me to that article, or has anyone already saved it to a file that he/she can share?
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Looking for large posting about SLDF doctrine
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2017, 05:48:09 »
Think I found it (my Google-fu is strong, Grasshopper...):  http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=26556.0;wap2
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2017, 06:03:29 »
Yep, looks like what I was looking for. Thanks for finding it for me.  O0
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2017, 20:44:48 »
I wonder if Jellico would mind reposting it with the newer ship types found in the 1st SW and possible the Second one about to come out.

After all we now have new info on the SLDF.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2017, 02:03:59 »
I have thought about it.

The new hardware is compatible with the old document.

The fleet organisation potentially isn't. If someone can inspire to see how it is I will have a look.